Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 40, Number 8 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 40, Number 8 Monday, 9 April 2001 Topics: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Re: TMBG: Emusic Screws Up Again (Fibber Island Glitch) Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! TMBG: Y100 listeners of Philly; listen up! Re: TMBG: Y100 listeners of Philly; listen up! TMBG: Re: Y100 listeners of Philly; listen up! TMBG: Re: Re: Y100 listeners of Philly; listen up! TMBG: If you want the new TMBG or Weezer TMBG: Hash Pipe and Mr Xcitement TMBG: oblongs Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 02:08:56 EDT From: PRMega@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Message-ID: <8d.4e7c26d.28015a78@aol.com> << anyone have some thoughts other things they might want. >> I think they should put some of the Malcolm tracks, like "Monster", "Bright Idea", and "Rotary Club". And definitely, as you said, "What Is Everyone Staring At?". PR Mega [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] Sara Beeler wrote: > I downloaded Fibber Island a second time and that version is OK, so I > thought it was just me. At first I thought it was just me also. Mike/TDK/Demonic Kangaroo posted on the ng that emusic recently replaced the file with a good one. (Of course this means I have to burn another CD after I download it again.) Did emusic discover and fix it on their own? Have they fixed anything else? -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 13:55:52 -0400 From: "Justin McElroy" Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Message-ID: What I don't understand is why don't they most some of thier better known Napster songs. I personally would love to see "The Beer Song", "Puttin on the Ritz", and "Spitting Contest" on TMBG Unlimited. I'd like to make another point. When "No!" comes out won't we have previewed everysong on it? I mean, how many different tracks have you seen in TMBGU as "A sneak preview from our upcoming children's album." I just think it sucks that I pay $10 dollars a month to get all these "previews" then I have to pay another $20 for the exact same songs, whenever said album comes out. You're Not My Real Dad, Justin McElroy >From: PRMega@aol.com >Reply-To: PRMega@aol.com >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! >Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 02:08:56 EDT > ><< anyone have some thoughts other things they might want. >> > >I think they should put some of the Malcolm tracks, like "Monster", "Bright >Idea", and "Rotary Club". And definitely, as you said, "What Is Everyone >Staring At?". > >PR Mega ><< message3.txt >> _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 13:56:03 -0400 From: "Justin McElroy" Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Message-ID: What I don't understand is why don't they most some of thier better known Napster songs. I personally would love to see "The Beer Song", "Puttin on the Ritz", and "Spitting Contest" on TMBG Unlimited. I'd like to make another point. When "No!" comes out won't we have previewed every song on it? I mean, how many different tracks have you seen in TMBGU as "A sneak preview from our upcoming children's album." I just think it sucks that I pay $10 dollars a month to get all these "previews" then I have to pay another $20 for the exact same songs, whenever said album comes out. You're Not My Real Dad, Justin McElroy >From: PRMega@aol.com >Reply-To: PRMega@aol.com >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! >Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 02:08:56 EDT > ><< anyone have some thoughts other things they might want. >> > >I think they should put some of the Malcolm tracks, like "Monster", "Bright >Idea", and "Rotary Club". And definitely, as you said, "What Is Everyone >Staring At?". > >PR Mega ><< message3.txt >> _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 14:15:21 EDT From: PRMega@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Message-ID: <97.13c1332c.280204b9@aol.com> << What I don't understand is why don't they most some of thier better known Napster songs >> What I don't understand is why I got this same message 7 times. PR Mega ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 15:21:15 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Message-ID: <000e01c0c061$14ccca20$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> Were you being sarcastic about those three songs?; I couldn't tell. TMBG didn't write them, let alone cover any of them. Beer Song is moxxy fruvous, spitting contest is, as far as i know, a joke among tmbg fans, and putting on the ritz is well, i don't know...but it's not tmbg. JenkiJon ~"For the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world."~ Albert Camus ----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin McElroy" To: ; Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2001 1:56 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! > What I don't understand is why don't they most some of thier better known > Napster songs. I personally would love to see "The Beer Song", "Puttin on > the Ritz", and "Spitting Contest" on TMBG Unlimited. I'd like to make > another point. When "No!" comes out won't we have previewed every song on > it? I mean, how many different tracks have you seen in TMBGU as "A sneak > preview from our upcoming children's album." I just think it sucks that I > pay $10 dollars a month to get all these "previews" then I have to pay > another $20 for the exact same songs, whenever said album comes out. > > You're Not My Real Dad, > > Justin McElroy > > > >From: PRMega@aol.com > >Reply-To: PRMega@aol.com > >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > >Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! > >Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 02:08:56 EDT > > > ><< anyone have some thoughts other things they might want. >> > > > >I think they should put some of the Malcolm tracks, like "Monster", "Bright > >Idea", and "Rotary Club". And definitely, as you said, "What Is Everyone > >Staring At?". > > > >PR Mega > ><< message3.txt >> > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com > ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 13:48:41 -0600 (MDT) From: Jicholas Wolf Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Message-ID: Puttin On The Ritz, so far as I know, was done by Taco. And Dr. Frankenstein and his monster, but they don't count. Signed, ÁÁNicholas Wolf ÁÁTMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Jon wrote: > Were you being sarcastic about those three songs?; I couldn't tell. TMBG > didn't write them, let alone cover any of them. > > Beer Song is moxxy fruvous, spitting contest is, as far as i know, a joke > among tmbg fans, and putting on the ritz is well, i don't know...but it's > not tmbg. > > JenkiJon > > ~"For the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened > myself to the gentle indifference of the world."~ Albert Camus > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Justin McElroy" > To: ; > Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2001 1:56 PM > Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! > > > > What I don't understand is why don't they most some of thier better known > > Napster songs. I personally would love to see "The Beer Song", "Puttin on > > the Ritz", and "Spitting Contest" on TMBG Unlimited. I'd like to make > > another point. When "No!" comes out won't we have previewed every song on > > it? I mean, how many different tracks have you seen in TMBGU as "A sneak > > preview from our upcoming children's album." I just think it sucks that I > > pay $10 dollars a month to get all these "previews" then I have to pay > > another $20 for the exact same songs, whenever said album comes out. > > > > You're Not My Real Dad, > > > > Justin McElroy > > > > > > >From: PRMega@aol.com > > >Reply-To: PRMega@aol.com > > >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > > >Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! > > >Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 02:08:56 EDT > > > > > ><< anyone have some thoughts other things they might want. >> > > > > > >I think they should put some of the Malcolm tracks, like "Monster", > "Bright > > >Idea", and "Rotary Club". And definitely, as you said, "What Is Everyone > > >Staring At?". > > > > > >PR Mega > > ><< message3.txt >> > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com > > > Signed, ÁÁNicholas Wolf ÁÁTMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 15:59:12 -0400 From: "Justin McElroy" Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Message-ID: Well, PR Mega, the simple answer is that message was a heartbreaking work of staggering genius, and the number of times it was sent out was directly proportionate to how much it KICKED ASS. Yowsa, Justin ><< What I don't understand is why don't they most some of thier better >known > Napster songs >> > >What I don't understand is why I got this same message 7 times. > >PR Mega _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 17:04:08 -0400 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Message-ID: <9aqjvj$cm6$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org "The Beer Song" is not Moxy Fruvous, it is by Matt Stone & Trey Parker of South Park fame. Puttin' On the Ritz was orginally performed by Fred Astaire and remade by Taco. -Mike > Beer Song is moxxy fruvous, spitting contest is, as far as > i know, a joke among tmbg fans, and putting on the ritz is > well, i don't know...but it's not tmbg. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 17:18:15 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Message-ID: <000a01c0c071$6d8d7b40$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> > "The Beer Song" is not Moxy Fruvous, it is by Matt Stone & Trey Parker of > South Park fame. Puttin' On the Ritz was orginally performed by Fred Astaire > and remade by Taco. Yes; that's right. Moxxy Fruvous sang The Drinking Song, not the beer song. I think it's on video bargainville? Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone: The Movie - November 16th...can't wait... JenkiJon ~"For the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world."~ Albert Camus ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 17:43:02 -0400 From: "Justin McElroy" Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Message-ID: >From: "Jon" >Reply-To: "Jon" >To: , "The Demonic Kangaroo" >Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! >Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 17:18:15 -0400 > > > "The Beer Song" is not Moxy Fruvous, it is by Matt Stone & Trey Parker >of > > South Park fame. Puttin' On the Ritz was orginally performed by Fred >Astaire > > and remade by Taco. > >Yes; that's right. Moxxy Fruvous sang The Drinking Song, not the beer >song. > >I think it's on video bargainville? > >Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone: The Movie - November 16th...can't >wait... > >JenkiJon > >~"For the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened >myself to the gentle indifference of the world."~ Albert Camus > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 17:43:11 -0400 From: "Justin McElroy" Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! Message-ID: >From: "Jon" >Reply-To: "Jon" >To: , "The Demonic Kangaroo" >Subject: Re: TMBG: UNLIMITED USERS! >Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 17:18:15 -0400 > > > "The Beer Song" is not Moxy Fruvous, it is by Matt Stone & Trey Parker >of > > South Park fame. Puttin' On the Ritz was orginally performed by Fred >Astaire > > and remade by Taco. > >Yes; that's right. Moxxy Fruvous sang The Drinking Song, not the beer >song. > >I think it's on video bargainville? > >Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone: The Movie - November 16th...can't >wait... > >JenkiJon > >~"For the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened >myself to the gentle indifference of the world."~ Albert Camus > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:02:49 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Y100 listeners of Philly; listen up! Message-ID: <000801c0c090$cccec360$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> Yo, Sunday night, the 9:00 hour, listen! DJ said he would be playing new Weezer, Incubus, and THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS! (He just announced this five minutes ago at ten of 8, sorry for the late notice!) I was stunned...what do you think they'll play? Im guessing boss of me...or maybe mr. xcitement? i'll let ya'll know... JenkiJon ~"For the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world."~ Albert Camus ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:22:31 EDT From: BethJE@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Y100 listeners of Philly; listen up! Message-ID: <3c.a0b7130.280268d7@aol.com> > I was stunned...what do you think they'll play? Im guessing boss of me...or > maybe mr. xcitement? i'll let ya'll know... Hey, thanks for posting that. Lucky for me, I came hom just in time to read that and put a tape in. They did play Mr. Xcitement. This was my first time hearing it. It was pretty weird. Beth ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 18:44:35 -0700 From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Re: Y100 listeners of Philly; listen up! Message-ID: >new Weezer, Incubus, and THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS! What Weezer song did they play? from the new upcoming album? also, is Mr. Xcitement like the new single or something? everyone seems to dislike it plus its more M. Doughty then TMBG plus August is a ways away plus just plain why is it on the radio? Erich ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 22:05:55 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: If you want the new TMBG or Weezer Message-ID: <000a01c0c099$9cf4ebc0$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> For those interested in getting Mr. Xcitement or Hash Pipe, it's on Napster. My napster name is ROWANALOTT JenkiJon ~"For the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world."~ Albert Camus ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 23:58:57 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Hash Pipe and Mr Xcitement Message-ID: <002e01c0c0a9$8f56a480$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> After much frustration, the songs are finally up. Look me up on Napster under ROWANALOTT I can also send you the files directly using AIM. My screen name is JenkiJon383. The songs both sound PERFECT...check em out. JenkiJon ~"For the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world."~ Albert Camus ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:09:52 EDT From: FreeMiniPops@aol.com Subject: TMBG: oblongs Message-ID: Well, Malcolm was a re-run tonight, so I decided to flip the channel to The Oblongs. Though I didn't really enjoy the first episode, I have to say that this one was pretty funny. This show has some potential, and I think that it will continue to get better. Also, I thought that in addition to TMBG doing the theme, they were playing Soul Coughing in tonight's episode. You SC fans know what I'm talking about. But it was just a song that they sampled in Disseminated (still cool, though, since I had never heard the original before. Almost as cool as when I heard "Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree" for the first time, thinking it was some strange remix of "Down To This.") Alex "Nobody likes what I like. That's how I like it." - Harvey Danger ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #40-8 *****************************