Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 10 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 10 Saturday, 12 May 2001 Topics: TMBG: Re: Frog and Banjo... TMBG: pollstar updates Re: TMBG: pollstar updates Re: TMBG: pollstar updates Re: TMBG: pollstar updates TMBG: emusic Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 05:29:36 -0500 From: "Polaris" Subject: TMBG: Re: Frog and Banjo... Message-ID: <9dgemd$1v5j$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org > No one's mentioned this yet, that I know of, so I figured I would. Listen > to the beginning of "Frog and Banjo" - Track 26 on the McSweeny's disc. > Next, go download and listen to the beginning of "Rainbow Connection" by > Kermit the Frog (talk about nostalgia, eh?). Notice the similarity? Tada. > A frog playing a banjo. Coincidence? Not likely. The lover, the dreamer, and me. La la la la.... Sorry. I liked that song. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:11:07 -0400 From: "Kristin ." Subject: TMBG: pollstar updates Message-ID: There are a few TMBG concert updates on Pollstar: 5/19 Boston, MA Northeastern University 6/08 Fairfax, VA Celebrate Fairfax 6/27 Middletown, RI Newport Sunset Music Festival 6/28 Nashville, TN Dancin' in the District 6/29 Atlanta, GA Centennial Olympic Park _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 07:19:06 -0700 From: Daniel A Kelley Subject: Re: TMBG: pollstar updates Message-ID: <20010511.071912.-217073.0.NormalLikeYou@juno.com> > There are a few TMBG concert updates on Pollstar: > > 5/19 Boston, MA Northeastern University > 6/08 Fairfax, VA Celebrate Fairfax > 6/27 Middletown, RI Newport Sunset Music Festival > 6/28 Nashville, TN Dancin' in the District > 6/29 Atlanta, GA Centennial Olympic Park yeah, actually, that nashville show is with superdrag (anyone rememeber them?) - they are one of the coolest bands ever... i just saw them about 2 months ago, and wow, they were just incredible!! i wish i could hit this show, but now i'm home from college (which is st. louis - so i reallllllly hope they'll be comin here this summer!).... daniel ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:12:14 EDT From: Film2Edit@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: pollstar updates Message-ID: >6/29 Atlanta, GA Centennial Olympic Park I doubt that I can make it down there, but isn't that the show that's basically openned to anyone free of admission? Talk 2 u later-Erika ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:44:41 -0400 From: "Bill Seybolt" Subject: Re: TMBG: pollstar updates Message-ID: The show in Atlanta is sponsored by WNNX. They have a "freeloader" card that will get you in to this and all other shows. There is no cost in getting the card; but, I would recommend you get it now if you plan on going. That way, you aren't stuck behind everyone else filling out an application. Go to 99x.com for more info. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 15:26:24 -0700 From: "-=eRiCh=-" Subject: TMBG: emusic Message-ID: I cant login to emusic! I wondered if its me or them because they just revamped the site. but if i try to create a new account it says I already have one!! anyone else have this problem? Erich ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #41-10 ******************************