Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 13 Wednesday, 16 May 2001 Topics: Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again TMBG: Re: Live!! NYC Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again Re: TMBG: Re: Live!! NYC Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again TMBG: HELP TMBG: may unlimited TMBG: The Green Album RE: TMBG: may unlimited TMBG: Douglas Adams Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:53:19 -0500 From: "Kristen Maxwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again Message-ID: <001f01c0ddaa$fb8bdd00$6601a8c0@graphics> Which album do you have listed as "Live"? I've not heard of that one... Also, I'm with you on the whole editing of She's An Angel on STD... what is the point? I love the "like now" line, and it doesn't make any sense to cut it... that's one of the reasons I hardly ever listen to STD... Also, I didn't notice the Kit Kat Acoustic Break in there.... and I was wondering how the McSweeny's disc is... I really didn;t care for the track they put on emusic... Denominator heymrdj@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 09:50:57 -0400 From: "Father Bingo" Subject: Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again Message-ID: <9drcaf$1vnc$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: Make Them Look If memory serves me right, Live in New York was packaged with John Henry in Australian pressings. wrote in message news:8f.ac48da9.2831f4b9@aol.com... > << You left out the "No!" promo CD >> > > I left that out cause I don't have it. I should have been able to get it, but > a problem at the printer delayed it's release, and screwed me out of my > chance to get it. > > <> > > I'm not sure about when it was released, but the show is from 10/14/94. > > PR Mega ------------------------------ Date: 15 May 2001 14:13:13 -0000 From: ctyner@clemson.edu Subject: TMBG: Re: Live!! NYC Message-ID: <20010515141313.64106.qmail@reit.pair.com> A couple of replies bundled into one wacky message. >If memory serves me right, Live in New York was packaged with John Henry >in Australian pressings. Just a 6-track version. The full version was sent to members of the Hello Recording Club and radio stations, and quite a few copies from those uncaring radio stations filtered out to stores like Mod Lang in Berkeley, which is where I snagged an unopened copy a few years ago. >that's one of the reasons I hardly ever listen to STD... The biggest reason I hardly ever listen to STD is that it sucks. :) >Also, I didn't notice the Kit Kat Acoustic Break in there.... I got an original from an ultra-cool college radio station in the Midwest. I contacted over a hundred college radio stations, begging for a copy of the disc, and my one and only response, positive or negative, was from the station that sent me the disc. Such sweet, wonderful people out there. I would've stolen it from _my_ college's radio station, but someone already beat me to it. I got an original "Dr. Spock's Backup Band" from the notorious Tunnel Records in Tampa. All of these rare discs can be tracked down with enough persistance, but with programs like Napster, the incentive really isn't there anymore, I guess. -Adam ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:08:03 -0400 From: johawny Subject: Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again Message-ID: <3B013842.F8BFC23D@circapress.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org > If memory serves me right, Live in New York was packaged with John Henry in > Australian pressings. and subscribers to the second year of the Hello Recording Club got it as a bonus disc ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 11:48:44 -0500 From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Live!! NYC Message-ID: <3B015DEC.9199EC87@uswest.net> ctyner@clemson.edu wrote: > >that's one of the reasons I hardly ever listen to STD... > > The biggest reason I hardly ever listen to STD is that it sucks. :) Adam.... This really made me laugh. Thanks. I needed it. ;) 'Welcome to the Jungle' Jim Mohan ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 18:17:53 -0000 From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again Message-ID: Kristen Maxwell: >Which album do you have listed as "Live"? I've not heard of that one... It's essentially a Severe Tire Damage sampler, released together with another disc called "Best of the Early Years." >Also, I'm with you on the whole editing of She's An Angel on STD... what is >the point? I love the "like now" line, and it doesn't make any sense to cut >it... that's one of the reasons I hardly ever listen to STD... What are the other reasons? Personally, my main complaint is that it seems not to have been prepared all that well. As far as I know, they only recorded a few shows, and were often stuck with not-so-great recordings of certain songs (I'd say "Ana Ng" and "Why Does The Sun Shine?" fit in that category). I still like the album, but I like it less than any of TMBG's studio albums. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:40:31 -0500 (CDT) From: ana-l_haqq@webtv.net (hog leg) Subject: Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again Message-ID: <16887-3B01781F-4200@storefull-128.iap.bryant.webtv.net> <<... and I was wondering how the McSweeny's disc is... I really didn;t care for the track they put on emusic...>> sorry, i don't have an answer but rather, a few questions of my own. has anyone been able to find any good bookstores that carry McSweeny's Quarterly Concern? which section would it be in? i'm a retard and i hate waiting for stuff in the mail. even though it is great to have stuff delivered to you. i definitely plan to get it. i just hope i'm not too late. cheers, marco ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:29:17 GMT From: John David Crafton Subject: Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again Message-ID: <1103_989958557@John> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org On Tue, 15 May 2001 09:50:57 -0400, "Father Bingo" wrote: > If memory serves me right, Live in New York was packaged with John Henry in > Australian pressings. > memory served you wrong. that's not the entire LINY disc, only 5 tracks from it. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 14:57:52 -0700 From: "-=eRiCh=-" Subject: TMBG: HELP Message-ID: My computer crashed and I had to get a new one and I lost ALL my Unlimited files...... I have them all on a cd-r except the from the crypt files SOOOOoooooooo if anyone could help me perhaps send them via AOL IM or something else we can work out that would be awesome. And for those of you who are skeptical I assure you all i am a subscriber and I AM only asking for the from the crypt files that i lost....except this month I have those. Thanks Erich ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:32:58 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: The Green Album Message-ID: <000a01c0dd9f$c2897220$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> Hello again, Weezer rocks! I just downloaded the new album today (I plan to buy it tomorrow, don't worry!) and just had to let everyone know how much it rocks. It is a bit short, 28:20 or so, but it rocks hard! A complete departure from the departure that was pinkerton and a return to the "blue album" sound. Does that make sense?... Anyway, if you're a weezer fan, make sure to buy the cd. it really does rock! Jon Jenkins "We are fragile creatures surrounded by a world of hostile facts. Facts threaten our happiness and security." - Donnie. D ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:42:20 -0400 From: "Adam Piontek" Subject: RE: TMBG: may unlimited Message-ID: You can always go see what's available at the TMBG section on emusic: http://www.emusic.com/artists/27 -adam -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of Jon Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 8:25 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: may unlimited Hey everone, Would someone out there be so kind as to type up a list of the material released in the May issue of Unlimited? As a nonsubscriber I like to keep up to date with the material being released. Thanks! Jon Jenkins "We are fragile creatures surrounded by a world of hostile facts. Facts threaten our happiness and security." - Donnie. D _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 02:47:11 From: "John Ferrer" Subject: TMBG: Douglas Adams Message-ID: [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #41-13 ******************************