Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 18 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 18 Tuesday, 22 May 2001 Topics: TMBG: TMBG to sue Pizza Hut.. maybe TMBG: non-tmbg: Barenaked Ladies tix TMBG: TMBG vs. Pizza Hut Re: TMBG: TMBG vs. Pizza Hut Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:49:36 -0400 From: "Father Bingo" Subject: TMBG: TMBG to sue Pizza Hut.. maybe Message-ID: <9ebv3h$umk$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: Make Them Look Apparently there's a Pizza Hut television commercial that's using a song that sounds surprisingly similar to TMBG's "Twisting." If it's anything like Tom Waits vs. Frito Lay (the junk food company had a commercial using a song that sounded a lot like Wait's "Step Right Up" but not as performed by him, so he sued Frito Lay and won $3.5 million) then our favorite Twin Quasars of Rock could be appearing in a court near you. Says Operator Dot in a public post to a.m.tmbg, "Management already knows about it, and we are looking into it." ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 21:28:06 From: "Miss Karen" Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: Barenaked Ladies tix Message-ID: My friend Michelle emailed me this and I thought I'd give this list a try. I know there are BNL fans here. Thanks for your help. -Karen Hello everyone, I accidentally purchased two pairs of Barenaked Ladies concert tix due to a computer error on the ticketmaster website. I don't think they're going to refund the second pair (I have an emailed request but their policies say they won't unless the event is cancelled). I've heard that the Barenaked Ladies are incredible live in concert and I'm already going, but I have an extra pair of tickets! If you are interested, please contact me ASAP! The concert is on Friday, July 27th, 7pm at Jones Beach (a really nice open air arena). Jones Beach has those huge TV screens so you can see everything no matter where you sit. The tix are $73.90 for the pair (including the ticketmaster handling charge). They are in Row C of section 26 (you can go to the ticketmaster site and look if you want). for more details, either email me at: the13thgrinch@yahoo.com Oh and please, email this to ANYONE you know who might want to go! Thanks! Michelle _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 18:17:43 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: TMBG vs. Pizza Hut Message-ID: <3B09BE35.990A516A@pacificnet.net> Father Bingo wrote: > Apparently there's a Pizza Hut television commercial that's using a song > that sounds surprisingly similar to TMBG's "Twisting." If it's anything like > Tom Waits vs. Frito Lay (the junk food company had a commercial using a song > that sounded a lot like Wait's "Step Right Up" but not as performed by him, > so he sued Frito Lay and won $3.5 million) then our favorite Twin Quasars of > Rock could be appearing in a court near you. Says Operator Dot in a public > post to a.m.tmbg, "Management already knows about it, and we are looking > into it." Are they still playing the commercial? I gotta hear it. I'd also love to see the Waits inspired Fritos commercial. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 02:09:53 From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG vs. Pizza Hut Message-ID: [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #41-18 ******************************