Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 21 Friday, 25 May 2001 Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #41-20 Re: TMBG: SenSurround revisited Re: TMBG: Working Undercover in SenSurround TMBG: nn Re:TMBG: nn Re: TMBG: nn Re: TMBG: Thunderbird TMBG: Mink Car TMBG: Monsters of Mud Re: TMBG: Monsters of Mud Re: TMBG: Monsters of Mud Re: TMBG: nn Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again Re: TMBG: nn Re: TMBG: Statistics Project Again Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 02:23:45 -0400 From: "Bill Laird" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #41-20 Message-ID: <001101c0e41a$18ff96e0$9385c997@PANTSMACHINE> Well, I DO LOVE Sensurround. So much so that I took it as my moniker (and email address). I wouldn't mind seeing it again. Honestly, those guys have enough that they could pull a radiohead and release two albums in quick succession. On a similar vein, If they do revisit the better tracks from WUFTM EP, I'd like to see them recorded, particularly Working Undercover itself, considering the studio track lost some of it's "anthemic" feel in production. The only one I feel is exempt is On the Drag, which is one of my favorite songs, and done perfectly for the EP. I'd DEFINITELY like to hear a studio version of Thunderbird. It's another of my favorites. And I'm sure there'll be a couple of new surprises, like there always is. -Sens _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:59:55 -0400 From: "Father Bingo" Subject: Re: TMBG: SenSurround revisited Message-ID: <9ej47a$17lj$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: Make Them Look > Sensurround! The song so nice, they recorded it THRICE! Miami is nice, So I'll say it twice Miami is nice. Miami is nice. Miami is nice. Dorothy: You added an extra "Miami is nice" there. Rose: It needed it to make the music work. Dorothy: But now the words don't make any sense! It goes "Miami is nice, so I'll say it twice." Rose: Ohhh.... Well, how about "Miami is nice, so I'll say it thrice"? The Golden Girls! On Lifetime every weekday at 6 and 6:30, and again at 11 and 11:30 !!! i like the golden girls.... ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 14:38:41 -0000 From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Working Undercover in SenSurround Message-ID: Bill Laird: >Well, I DO LOVE Sensurround. So much so that I took it as my moniker (and >email address). Really? I don't recall there being any mention of "Egon99" in "SenSurround." =) >I wouldn't mind seeing it again. Honestly, those guys have >enough that they could pull a radiohead and release two albums in quick >succession. Or a double album, for that matter. >On a similar vein, If they do revisit the better tracks from >WUFTM EP, I'd like to see them recorded, particularly Working Undercover >itself, considering the studio track lost some of it's "anthemic" feel in >production. The only one I feel is exempt is On the Drag, which is one of >my >favorite songs, and done perfectly for the EP. That version of "On The Drag" is great, but that song has been through several incarnations, so I wouldn't mind having another version on Mink Car. >And I'm sure >there'll be a couple of new surprises, like there always is. Spitting Contest? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:04:48 -0400 From: bv Subject: TMBG: nn Message-ID: Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org nnn ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:53:56 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Re:TMBG: nn Message-ID: <1811551178@sterl.com> I don't get it, What's the punchline?? Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: nn Author: bv Date: 05/24/01 12:04 PM nnn ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 14:31:22 -0400 From: "Bryce" Subject: Re: TMBG: nn Message-ID: <9ejk6t$1lpc$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org bv : > nnn Forgive me for being overly critical, but your post was entirely too long. Remember that some people on this list have slow connections, and had to spend a considerable amount of time downloading your message. A full two-thirds of your message was basically redundant. That aside, you make some very cogent points. I certainly can't fault your logic. I have only this to say in response: Narrrrrrrr. Bryce Ning nang ningalong. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 14:34:10 -0400 From: "Bryce" Subject: Re: TMBG: Thunderbird Message-ID: <9ejkdn$1m85$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Nathan Mulac DeHoff : > As far as I know, "Thunderbird" hasn't been played live > in a LONG time. They played it in March, at the 930 club in DC. I'm 90% sure that, when introducing the song, Linnell indicated that it will indeed be on Mink Car. Bryce Birds fly into my windshield. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 07:45:22 -0400 From: Marcus B Subject: TMBG: Mink Car Message-ID: <01C0E466.7A7EC7A0.marcusb@alltel.net> I have been compiling a list of songs on Mink Car, and songs that might be on it.. so here ya go: Confirmed songs *confirmed as in posted somewhere on the net by the johns or said by them at a concert..: Mink Car I've Got A Fang Drink It's So Loud In Here (She Think She's) Edith Head Wicked Little Critta Bangs Mr Xcitement Your Mom's Alright First Kiss Yeh Yeh Finished With Lies Thunderbird Cyclops Rock My Man Hovering Sombrero Older Songs that might be on it: Rest Awhile Working Undercover for the Man On The Drag I am a Human Head Tigerella All MacGyver On It ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:00:52 -0400 From: "D.V. Caputo" Subject: TMBG: Monsters of Mud Message-ID: Do you think that TMBG will put Monsters of Mud on their new album? after hearing it on dial-a-song ,I could'nt get it out of my head! -D.V. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:10:24 EDT From: Kaylum@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Monsters of Mud Message-ID: <8f.b3275f5.283ed2c0@aol.com> The sad saga of "Monsters of Mud": This lovely tune was written for the kids' album but didn't make the cut (why, I'll never know). It was, however, put on the No sampler that was supposed to be sold at shows during this current tour, but kept getting held back. It was finally sold at one show (I forget which one), but apparently there were still unresolved issues with the sampler because after that one show, it was pulled and never sold again (it may pop up again, but for now, those few copies may be very valuable collectors' items). As for whether the song will appear on Mink Car, it is highly doubtful since it was written for the kids album, but stranger things have happened. Kay ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 22:58:48 EDT From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: nn Message-ID: bv writes: > nnn > Looks like Vladimir strikes again, eh folks? Doc Rick Worm ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 23:13:20 EDT From: EmarZero@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: nn Message-ID: nn Either that, or we're all in a Simon Furman comic. -H_X, would rather die fighting than live, knowing he ran! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #41-21 ******************************