Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 22 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 22 Saturday, 26 May 2001 Topics: Re[2]: TMBG: nn Re: TMBG: Monsters of Mud/ Douglas Adams TMBG: The Twisting Pizza Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:22:10 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: nn Message-ID: <4280562058@sterl.com> I don't know, I kinda liked the imagery. The way the theme from the subject line (nn) was developed and recapitulated in the body of the message (nnn). Personally, though, I think the ending would have been stronger if he had reprised the theme one more time, say, maybe, "n", or something. But what do i know, I'm not one to critique great art... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: nn Author: Bryce Date: 05/24/01 2:31 PM bv : > nnn Forgive me for being overly critical, but your post was entirely too long. Remember that some people on this list have slow connections, and had to spend a considerable amount of time downloading your message. A full two-thirds of your message was basically redundant. That aside, you make some very cogent points. I certainly can't fault your logic. I have only this to say in response: Narrrrrrrr. Bryce Ning nang ningalong. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 13:07:40 EDT From: MST3Kenobi@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Monsters of Mud/ Douglas Adams Message-ID: <110.91d62.283feb5c@aol.com> Well, it just so happens that I've never heard of this song "Monsters of Mud," but ever since someone asked about a reference to Douglas Adams (AKA the late all-time best British author ever) I too have joined the masses looking for some connection. Please excuse me if someone has already come up with this, but perhaps this is a connection to the literary genius. In his book "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency," it quotes "Most of his personal eternity - not really eternity, but a few billion years could seem like it - had been spent wandering across interminable mud, wading through ceaseless seas, watching with stunned horror when the slimy things with legs had begun to crawl from those rotting seas - and here they were, suddenly walking around as if they owned the place and complaining about the phones." If unfamiliar with the book, this seems rather small and unimportant, however, the line "Yea, slimy things did crawl with legs, Upon the slimy sea" Is returned to many times throughout the book and becomes a major part of it all. Perhaps this song has some sort of meaning about that blasted thing called evolution, and how much it all sucks. I'm not sure if this really relates to the song in question, as (again) I haven't heard any of the lyrics, but the title sounds promising. Could someone e-mail me the lyrics, maybe, kind friends? Thank you for listening. ~MST3Kenobi@AOL.com "I wanna be a nonconformist just like everybody else." ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #41-22 ******************************