Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 23 Sunday, 27 May 2001 Topics: Re:TMBG: The Twisting Pizza Re: TMBG: Monsters of Mud/ Douglas Adams TMBG: Re: TMBG vs. Pizza Hut Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG vs. Pizza Hut Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 15:33:47 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Re:TMBG: The Twisting Pizza Message-ID: <1447784649@sterl.com> I hope They sue the cheese out of them, if you get my drift... Maybe Pizza Slut d/led a cover off Napster??!!?? Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: The Twisting Pizza Author: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Date: 05/25/01 6:14 PM I listened to the commercial in question today. Sounds like Pizza Hut will twisting in the wind, if you get my drift. Wow. Why would they be so dumb? Doc Rick Worm ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 16:27:07 -0400 (EDT) From: Joe Teagno <99teajoe@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Monsters of Mud/ Douglas Adams Message-ID: >Perhaps this song has some sort of meaning about that blasted thing >called evolution, and how much it all sucks. I'm not sure if this really >relates to the song in question, as (again) I haven't heard any of the >lyrics, but the title sounds promising. Could someone e-mail me the lyrics, Well, it's been awhile since I've read that book (Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency), so, sadly, I don't remember the part you were talking about. However, I do remember Monsters of Mud, because... well, I can't quite describe why, but it really caught my ear the first time I heard it. Anyway, here are the lyrics (below). I apologize if someone else already sent them to you, but since I read the digest, I never know what's going on. Joe =================================================================== = Monsters of Mud By They Might Be Giants = =================================================================== = 3rd track of 3rd issue of TMBG Unlimited (March 2001) = =================================================================== = Key to parts: = = ( Monsters ) { Chorus } [ John ] = = ( of mud ) { voices } [Linnell] = =================================================================== (Monsters of mud) (Covered in mud ) {Made of mud} (Monsters of mud) {Made of mud} (Monsters of mud) {Made of mud } (Covered in mud ) {They're made of mud} (Monsters of mud) {Made of mud } (Covered in mud ) {They're made of mud} (Monsters of mud) {Made of mud } [Look at the mud man ] (Covered in mud ) {They're made of mud} [It's disgraceful ] (Monsters of mud) {Made of mud } [Check out the dirt pile] (Covered in mud ) {They're made of mud} [Got a face full ] (Monsters of mud) {Made of mud } [Look at the mud man ] (Covered in mud ) {They're made of mud} [It's disgraceful ] (Monsters of mud) {Made of mud } [Check out the dirt pile] (Covered in mud ) {They're made of mud} [He's got a face full ] [It's unbelievable ] [They're walking through the streets of town ] [They act like people ] [But they're shapeless, grimy, gray, and brown] {Made of mud } {They're made of mud} {Made of mud } {They're made of mud} [It used to be that everyone you'd see] [Was so well-scrubbed ] [Everything's diff-e-rent now ] [Ever since the monsters of mud ] (Monsters of mud) {Made of mud} (Covered in mud ) {Made of mud} (Monsters of mud) {Made of mud } (Covered in mud ) {They're made of mud} (Monsters of mud) {Made of mud } (Covered in mud ) {They're made of mud} [Look out, there's one right there ] [It freaks me out, it's covered in crud] [All of our values have been ] [Challenged by the monsters of mud ] [Here they slime ] [There they slouch] [On your carpet ] [On my couch ] (Mud monsters everywhere ) (You can't escape the slobbering flood) (We couldn't stop them ) (So we all became the monsters of mud ) [It's unbelievable ] [We're walking through the streets of town ] [We act like people ] [But we're shapeless, grimy, gray, and brown] {Made of mud } {They're made of mud} {Made of mud } {They're made of mud} [It used to be that everyone you'd see] [Was so well-scrubbed ] [Everything's diff-e-rent now ] [Ever since the monsters of mud ] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 19:57:29 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG vs. Pizza Hut Message-ID: <3B106D13.B5457ADD@pacificnet.net> scratch wrote: > Simon just posted the MP3: > http://www.wezland.demon.co.uk/pizza/ > > -scratch > Thanks but I'm confused. At the above link, there are 3 links: one is the end of the song Twisting by TMBG (for comparison purposes). The other two links both open a snippet of TMBG's Twisting with the song going up and down. I thought someone recorded a song for Pizza Hut that was close to Twisting but all three are the TMBG recording. Me not understand. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 23:32:56 EDT From: PRMega@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG vs. Pizza Hut Message-ID: <5b.16822fd6.2841cf68@aol.com> >The other two links both open a snippet of TMBG's Twisting with the song going up >and down. I thought someone recorded a song for Pizza Hut that was close to >Twisting but all three are the TMBG recording. >> That's the problem...the second two *are* from the Pizza Hut commercial. That's why there's gonna be a-trouble a-brewin 'tween TMBG and Pizza Hut. PR Mega ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #41-23 ******************************