Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 4 Friday, 4 May 2001 Topics: TMBG: Streaming Flood Show question... TMBG: Songs Songs Songs TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio Re:TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio Re:TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio TMBG: Re: Songs Songs Songs TMBG: May 1st Show in Lancaster PA TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio RE: TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio/Columbus review Re: TMBG: Sapphire Bullets T-Shirts will be available at Monday's Bowery Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 09:44:36 EDT From: Film2Edit@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Streaming Flood Show question... Message-ID: <6.161129af.2822bac4@aol.com> I went to the following address yesterday: http://www.dcn.com/bands/bands_pages/theymightbegiants.html That worked then, and I did watch it for the 1hr and 46 mins. I went to the URL this morning, and it said the page had been moved and redirected: http://www.digitalclubnetwork.com/index.html Couldn't find the streaming video of TMBG on there. Does anyone know if it's still there? Talk 2 u later-Erika ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 14:12:16 -0000 From: "Dan Brosnan" Subject: TMBG: Songs Songs Songs Message-ID: Hello all, Just wondering if anyone knows were i can get some flans song sung by linnell and linnell songs sung by flans. Live of coarse. Anyway i just saw the unlimited update and it said that there was a "Linnells got the flu show" and i was wondering if flans has ever sung "Birdhouse" among others. Anyway thank you for your time. Dan _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 10:47:06 -0400 From: "Bryce" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio Message-ID: <9crr4t$1rq5$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Erich: > Okay so thats Ohio time.....what is that in my time* ? > because im so stupid i have to send a ne-mail out instead > of figuring it out myself via thought and brain patterns. > ugh. Well, it depends on how fast you're moving relative to your computer. Or to Ohio. It also depends on how close you (or your computer) are to any super-massive objects. There are a lot of calculations involved. It'll probably take us until at least 8pm PDT to finish them all. Bryce Simultaneous events don't happen. > *Seattle ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 11:05:46 -0400 From: Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio Message-ID: <0105039889.AA988902349@smtplink.sterl.com> Daylight Time, now, is that the one that starts in the spring & ends in the fall, or the one that ends in the spring & starts in the fall?? Karin H Just imagine that you're standing on a planet that's evolving, & revolving at 900 miles an hour; & orbiting at 30 miles a second, so it's reckoned, the sun that is th source of all our power (btw, the sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear... oh, never mind...) ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio Author: "Bryce" Date: 05/03/01 10:47 AM Erich: > Okay so thats Ohio time.....what is that in my time* ? > because im so stupid i have to send a ne-mail out instead > of figuring it out myself via thought and brain patterns. > ugh. Well, it depends on how fast you're moving relative to your computer. Or to Ohio. It also depends on how close you (or your computer) are to any super-massive objects. There are a lot of calculations involved. It'll probably take us until at least 8pm PDT to finish them all. Bryce Simultaneous events don't happen. > *Seattle ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 11:09:36 -0400 From: Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio Message-ID: <0105039889.AA988902580@smtplink.sterl.com> oops, that's "remember", not "imagine". Velocity often precludes veracity. KH ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 11:33:32 -0400 From: "Bryce" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio Message-ID: <9crttk$1uog$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Me: > There are a lot of calculations involved. It'll probably take > us until at least 8pm PDT to finish them all. ...which is six hours after the broadcast begins, so you'll actually want to tune in at 2pm PDT. Dammit, I counted in the wrong direction. Man, nothing ruins a good delivery like being an utter bonehead. Bryce Our only home is bone. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 12:40:32 -0400 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: TMBG: Re: Songs Songs Songs Message-ID: <003901c0d3ef$c5951460$c443c7d0@tdk> I have five MP3s on my archive from the 9/19/96 show at the House of Blues in Hollywood.. Linnell was sick and could not sing. The quality isn't great and the audience is a little loud with their own singing but I have Flansburgh singing James K. Polk and Older (he screws up and starts singing too early) and a couple guests filling in; Frank Black performs Particle Man and Mike Viola does Birdhouse In Your Soul... and there's also a little bit of Flansburgh singing Stayin' Alive. -Mike http://mp3.theymightbegiants.org ----- Original Message ----- > > Just wondering if anyone knows were i can get some > flans song sung by linnell and linnell songs sung by flans. > Live of coarse. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 11:55:38 -0700 (PDT) From: Rob Subject: TMBG: May 1st Show in Lancaster PA Message-ID: <20010503185538.48816.qmail@web11604.mail.yahoo.com> Hey All, I just saw Them at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster PA and was wondering if anyone else went to that show. I thought it was a great show with a solid performance. If anyone recorded this show I would do almost anything to get my hands on it! Keep The Love Flowin' Rob ===== 'And although I like you anyway check out your haircut... A proscenium to stage a face that needs no make-up.' - John L. "Bangs" __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices http://auctions.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 18:54:57 -0400 From: "Bryce" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio Message-ID: <9csnnj$2nng$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Tarnation, I missed the interview part of today's online broadcast. I hope somebody in greater Columbus was recording this on some hi-fi medium, or can at least post the more interesting questions and answers for us. Karin : > Daylight Time, now, is that the one that starts in the > spring & ends in the fall, or the one that ends in the > spring & starts in the fall?? It's the one that starts in the Spring and ends in the Fall. It makes me very happy because it makes the sun set later at night. Although, it's really more like Daylight Checking than Daylight Savings, because the sunlight all gets spent right away. > Just imagine that you're standing on a planet that's evolving... I like it better with this way, actually. It implies that I might not be standing on one, which is a strangely reassuring thought. Bryce Piece of dirt, that is all I'm standing on today. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 00:49:53 -0400 From: "Amy :\)" Subject: RE: TMBG: Re: TMBG Live on Web Radio/Columbus review Message-ID: <001401c0d455$a9a2c7a0$6401a8c0@AmyG> >Tarnation, I missed the interview part of today's online broadcast. I hope somebody in greater Columbus was recording this on some hi-fi medium, or can at least post the more interesting questions and answers for us. Yeah, I hope someone recorded it too, because even though I'm *IN* Columbus, I managed to miss it. I did go to the show tonight, and had a great time! I did think it was odd for Them to end the show on a rather mellow note with Sleepwalkers (I think that's the name of the song), and the spotlight guys sucked, but overall the show was good! It was my 10th (!) and it was cool to hear Fingertips and some new stuff. Well, it was new to me as I haven't been listening to much online. Here's what they played that I can remember, in no particular order: Older Birdhouse Purple Toupee Boss of Me Istanbul (which got the crowd congaing) Subliminal (my favorite song of theirs to hear live) Particle Man She's an Angel Fingertips Twistin Minimum Wage The Guitar New York City James K Polk (now with 2 confetti/glitter cannons) Shoehorn With Teeth Well, there were more but I'm tired and can't think so I'll leave you with that. The Johns seemed to be in high spirits, and John F was looking rather young - he's sporting a kind of mop-top haircut and he looks thinner. Hope they do well in Cleveland tomorrow night! Amy :) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 22:54:14 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Sapphire Bullets T-Shirts will be available at Monday's Message-ID: <3AF24405.89946A9C@pacificnet.net> Bowery Ballroom Show I want to take this opportunity to say that I got my Sapphire Bullets shirt in the mail a few weeks ago. Its beautiful. The whole idea is nicely insane. Most TMBG fans even wouldn't know what its about. (Well, non-listee ones anyway.) The design and quality are superb ...very high for what is basically an inside joke among TMBG fanatics. I highly reccomend it. -B O N G O Bryce wrote: > I will be at the McSweeney's show on the 30th, and I will have spare > Sapphire Bullets shirts with me. If you want one, bring $20. > You can find me near the front of the line before the show, or next to > the coat check afterwards. I'll have a backpack with me, and > I'll have one of the shirts draped over it. > > Once again, in case there's anyone who missed this before, here's what > they look like: > http://members.aol.com/brycegh/sb.front.gif > http://members.aol.com/brycegh/sb.back.gif > > Bryce > Well, he don't make any money, right? ... Then he's a nut, right? ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #41-4 *****************************