Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 8 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 41, Number 8 Tuesday, 8 May 2001 Topics: TMBG: Statstics Project Fwd: TMBG: Statstics Project TMBG: Re: Statistics Project TMBG: cleveland show Re:TMBG: Battle for the Planet of TMBG TMBG: Re: taking offense at every damn thing Mike says Re:TMBG: Re: taking offense at every damn thing Mike says TMBG: My picks for the track list on mink car Re: TMBG: My picks for the track list on mink car Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 09:16:50 EDT From: DarkandMetric@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Statstics Project Message-ID: Hello everyone, I have a project on statstic I have to do and what I chose to do it on is how many TMBG cd's does a TMBG fan own. So I need alot of people on this list to email me the number of TMBG cd's they have. Thanks for your time. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:43:53 EDT From: BillN33b@aol.com Subject: Fwd: TMBG: Statstics Project Message-ID: <4c.14d29580.28280099@aol.com> In a message dated 5/7/01 8:17:29 AM Central Daylight Time, DarkandMetric@aol.com writes: << Hello everyone, I have a project on statstic I have to do and what I chose to do it on is how many TMBG cd's does a TMBG fan own. So I need alot of people on this list to email me the number of TMBG cd's they have. Thanks for your time. >> Are you talking "real", fresh from the store type cd's, or CDR's with Unlmtd tracks? and bootlegs and such? [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 10:18:10 EDT From: Josh2Face@aol.com Subject: TMBG: cleveland show Message-ID: <2d.b51a645.282808a2@aol.com> I was at the Cleveland show, and I thought it was pretty good...still not as great as the first time I saw them play at the Agora Ballroom, but I think I only feel that way because it was my "first TMBG concert", y'know? I agree with whoever said that they should trim the fat of some of the shows and play other songs instead. Songs like "She's Actual Size", or at the least the nouveau-swing version they do live, are just so stretched out and long that they really lose me. Plus, its already on the live album so its kinda like, well, I just don't wanna hear it when I see them. I was glad that they did "Fingertips" cuz I had never seen them play that live before. If I wasn't such a fan of the covers they do in the middle of "Particle Man" I'd probably loathe the song. I've been to 4 shows now and I still haven't seen them play some of my favorite songs, but most of them I guess they rarely play live ("Space Suit", "We're The Replacements", "Hey Mr.DJ", "Snowball In Hell", etc) or at least thats what I tell myself to make myself feel better. Anyway, yeah. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 12:45:38 -0400 From: Subject: Re:TMBG: Battle for the Planet of TMBG Message-ID: <0105079892.AA989253943@smtplink.sterl.com> That does sound pretty cool, a little piece of Demonic Kangaroo in everyone's helping of TMBGU...! But hey, wait a minute. don't you all see what They are doing? They're taking a CDR from a bootlegged tape and releasing it on TMBGU.... They're Making Money Off Themselves, Without Paying Themselves What They Have Rightfully Earned!!! Shame on them. Sorry, Mike, just goofin. It's Monday, what can I say? You gotta admit though,if you look at it just right. Well, if you close your left eye & squinch your right eye up til it's all blurry, & tip your head at a 42 degree angle & turn your head away so you're kinda looking out of the corner of your eye, then it kinda sorta looks like They're bootlegging themselves,& using TDK as their willing shill & unindicted co-conspirator... or maybe it's just me. Aaaanyway.... pretty cool, Mike! Nice work! Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ___________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: Battle for the Planet of TMBG Author: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Date: 05/04/01 10:54 PM On 5/15/99 I gave John Flansburgh a copy of a two cd set of the 12/31/98 show which I mastered from a cassette recording. The following month I asked him about it and he said he liked it a lot. There's a new version of Battle for the Planet of the Apes on it, for which we were instructed to chant the names of the band members rather then 'people' and 'apes'. I decided to call it "Battle for the Planet of TMBG" for the liner notes. It seems that They have cleaned up the recording and used it for two new tracks on the TMBG Unlimited From the Crypt section, and they even used the name I made up. They also used "Somebody Took My Eyeball". Keen! -Mike ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:14:01 -0500 From: "Polaris" Subject: TMBG: Re: taking offense at every damn thing Mike says Message-ID: <9d72us$2p7c$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org > Wouldn't that mean Fox is very conservative about it? Aren't > liberals typically pretty laid back about the whole "freedom of > expression" business? I kinda thought it was the conservatives who > went after people for infringing on copyrights. > Not politically liberal. Liberal as in "liberal use of peanut butter." ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 17:17:42 -0400 From: Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: taking offense at every damn thing Mike says Message-ID: <0105079892.AA989270267@smtplink.sterl.com> Ahhh, I had meant to respond to that little contre-temps, but work got in the way, & I got all distracted. Silly me. KH ** FTE67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: Re: taking offense at every damn thing Mike says Author: "Polaris" Date: 05/07/01 4:14 PM > Wouldn't that mean Fox is very conservative about it? Aren't > liberals typically pretty laid back about the whole "freedom of > expression" business? I kinda thought it was the conservatives who > went after people for infringing on copyrights. > Not politically liberal. Liberal as in "liberal use of peanut butter." ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 20:45:01 EDT From: Gegatron@aol.com Subject: TMBG: My picks for the track list on mink car Message-ID: <8d.631c854.28289b8d@aol.com> Bangs, I've Got A Fang, Cyclops Rock, Finished With Lies, It's So Loud In Here, Yeh Yeh, Another First Kiss, My Man, She Thinks She's Edith Head, Older, Drink, Mink Car Thunderbird Hovering Sombrero It's a Game Museum of Idiots Mr. Xcitement Wicked Little Critter No Answer Thats 19 songs. That would make this cd about as long as John Henry. I could see No answer being either cut or sped up because it seems like one too many slow songs for a tmbg album. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 02:50:33 -0000 From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: My picks for the track list on mink car Message-ID: Gegatron: >It's a Game Isn't that "It's Not A Game"? >Thats 19 songs. That would make this cd about as long as John Henry. I >could see No answer being either cut or sped up because it seems like one >too >many slow songs for a tmbg album. Has there been any indication that "No Answer" would be on the album at all? I like the song, but not every Dial-A-Song ends up getting released. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #41-8 *****************************