Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 42, Number 24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 42, Number 24 Sunday, 24 June 2001 Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #42-23 TMBG: Re: Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story! Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 17:42:52 -0400 From: "Bill Laird" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #42-23 Message-ID: <001901c0fc2d$75cd98b0$8c80c997@PANTSMACHINE> John Ferrer wrote: > > I've been meaning to ask this but...didn't. When I downloaded the > Unlimited tracks this month, they were downloaded as MPG audio instead > of MP3's, which seems incredibly odd because the links are to MP3's. > I've tried multiple times since, including five minutes ago. So I > don't know what's going on. I have a new computer this month, and last > month they worked fine, so I suspect it's my problem, but does anyone > else have it or have you had it before? I'd like to figure it out > before the new month so I'm not stuck with these instead of MP3's. > I have had the same problem. For some reason, the download comes as a .mpa file and not a .mp3 file. It works the same way, plays in winamp/WMPlayer just the same. It's just a different extension. The only problem I've found with .mpas is that they don't automatically change to CD audio format when burning to an audio CD. However, there is a solution. When the song downloads and it asks you for a file name, just add the extension .mp3 to the name. For instance, when you are prompted for a file by the name of "blahblah" just add ".mp3" to it, and it'll download as an mp3. -Sens ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 22:02:20 -0500 From: "Polaris" Subject: TMBG: Re: Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story! Message-ID: <9h3kqh$2tv8$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Ah, this lovely little bit of spam again. For all amtmbg readers who aren't familiar with it: http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w95.hybris.worm.html ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #42-24 ******************************