Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 42, Number 6 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 42, Number 6 Wednesday, 6 June 2001 Topics: Re: TMBG: This is...odd TMBG: 10 Things Every TMBG Fan Should Know Re[2]: Re[2]: NON-TMBG: Ambassadorship TMBG: On Earth My Nina Re: TMBG: 10 Things Every TMBG Fan Should Know TMBG: Karaoke Boss Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 01:24:19 -0700 From: "Lao M. Wach" Subject: Re: TMBG: This is...odd Message-ID: <9fhuak$2ftc$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007B_01C0ED5E.3E7A8720 Content-Type: text/plain; ÁÁcharset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > I'm not sure which S-E-X-X-Y remix this is.=20 this would be the tee's freeze mix, 5:21 hal cragin. says so in the = picture. wolfie=20 the official ambassador to Iowa ------=_NextPart_000_007B_01C0ED5E.3E7A8720 Content-Type: text/html; ÁÁcharset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

>  I'm not sure = which S-E-X-X-Y=20 remix this is.

this would be the tee's freeze mix, 5:21 hal cragin. says so in the = picture.

wolfie
the official ambassador to=20 Iowa
------=_NextPart_000_007B_01C0ED5E.3E7A8720-- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 23:51:21 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: 10 Things Every TMBG Fan Should Know Message-ID: <3B1C8167.D85E5ACE@pacificnet.net> Hello! Excuse me! Hey! I'm colossal Giant fan. I haven't been keeping up with the newsgroup or tmbg.org's mailing list much in the last four months. I fear that I'm missing important TMBG news items. So here's my request: Tell me the 10 most important TMBG news items, rumors etc. that occurred so far in 2001. (If you got more then 10, give me more. If you got only one or two, that's fine too.) I'm sure some of you will take this opportunity to try to be funny. ("Didn't you hear Flans died in an auto wreck in February?") Anyway, do what you can. Thanks, -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 09:00:44 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Re[2]: Re[2]: NON-TMBG: Ambassadorship Message-ID: <1812370661@sterl.com> Yay!!! Quotemeister Pol rules! I was wondering if anyone got it... ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: Re[2]: NON-TMBG: Ambassadorship Author: Polaris Date: 06/04/01 9:36 PM > Now, lets get down to some good, dirty in-fighting over who gets to hold the > actual titles. No holds barred, & I want blood & gore & guts, and veins in my > teeth.... "And I said, Doc, I wanna kill. I wanna kill. I wanna eat dead burned bodies." -Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Restaurant Massacree ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 13:23:06 -0000 From: "Dan Brosnan" Subject: TMBG: On Earth My Nina Message-ID: Hello All, I am sure that some of you already know this but for those who don't its pretty neat. I just learned that "On Earth My Nina" is actually "Thunderbird" backwards. So i tried it and...IT IS! Linnell sung the song so that when played backwards it would sound like thunderbird. Its scary how good he did. Anyway, check it out sometime. Later Dan _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 16:03:18 -0000 From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: 10 Things Every TMBG Fan Should Know Message-ID: Bongo: >Hello! Excuse me! Hey! Do you want to know where you are, and the best way out of here? Can't you tell from my expression I have absolutely no idea? > I'm colossal Giant fan. I haven't been keeping up with the newsgroup >or >tmbg.org's mailing list much in the last four months. I fear that I'm >missing >important TMBG news items. Well, probably most of the important stuff would be mentioned at theymightbegiants.com. > So here's my request: Tell me the 10 most important TMBG news items, >rumors etc. that occurred so far in 2001. (If you got more then 10, give me >more. If you got only one or two, that's fine too.) > > I'm sure some of you will take this opportunity to try to be funny. >("Didn't >you hear Flans died in an auto wreck in February?") It was a plane crash, you fool! Anyway, the top ten TMBG occurrences of 2001: 10. In January, Bill began at a new school. Everyone likes him, and he likes everything. 9. TMBG Unlimited has started. This service allows fans, for a mere $10 per month, to download a few TMBG tracks from emusic every month, as well as the rest of emusic's catalog. (Correction: the word "mere" should read "whopping.") 8. Emusic was bought out by the MCI-WorldCom-AT&T-Daimler-Chrysler-Mitsubishi-Phillips-BASF-LG-Phillip-Morris-BP-Texaco-Pfizer-AOL-Time-Warner-Boeing-Microsoft-Aeroflot-United-Yoyodyne Corporation. TMBG Unlimited is apparently still in service, though. 7. The band has made several appearances on late-night shows. Actually, I'm not quite sure how many of these took place in 2001. I know they performed "Older" on Conan O'Brien. 6. In April, they all sang a duet with Tina Turner. In a way it was nice, and it was their favorite song. 5. The "Malcolm in the Middle" soundtrack was released, but it turned out to only have two measly TMBG songs, one of which had already been on Long Tall Weekend. 4. Linnell's wife gave birth to Siamese triplets with eight fingers on each hand. They grew at an accelerated rate, and have now formed a band of their own, which will open for TMBG at future shows. 3. "Twisting" was used on a British Pizza Hut commercial for new Twisted Crust Pizza. The band was apparently not notified, and there is a possibility of legal action. 2. McSweeney's Literary Magazine has an issue that features a disc of music by TMBG and a few other bands/artists, meant to be played while you're reading the magazine. And the number one TMBG-related event of 2001? 1. Flans died in an auto wreck in February! Um...I mean, the new album, supposedly titled "Mink Car" will be released in late summer/early fall. The projected release date is (I believe) 11 September. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 02:35:16 From: "John Ferrer" Subject: TMBG: Karaoke Boss Message-ID: [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #42-6 *****************************