Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 42, Number 7 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 42, Number 7 Thursday, 7 June 2001 Topics: TMBG: The most important TMBG event of 2001 Re: TMBG: 10 Things Every TMBG Fan Should Know Re[2]: TMBG: 10 Things Every TMBG Fan Should Know Re: Re[2]: TMBG: 10 Things Every TMBG Fan Should Know TMBG: Re: Karaoke Boss TMBG: TMBG and Comedy Central TMBG: Re: TMBG and Comedy Central Re: TMBG: 10 Things Every TMBG Fan Should Know Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 02:18:37 -0400 (EDT) From: "Jason A. Glastetter" Subject: TMBG: The most important TMBG event of 2001 Message-ID: Um..the new album is my pick. We started compiling a list of tracks on here, but some include: "Bangs," "Mr. Xcitement," "I've Got a Fang," & "Your Mom's Alright." There are probably nine more, I'm lazy & had a bad day. --Jason Glastetter http://www.mp3.com/poingly ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:30:12 -0500 From: "Polaris" Subject: Re: TMBG: 10 Things Every TMBG Fan Should Know Message-ID: <9fllfb$29tf$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org > 8. Emusic was bought out by the > MCI-WorldCom-AT&T-Daimler-Chrysler-Mitsubishi-Phillips-BASF-LG-Phillip-Morri s-BP-Texaco-Pfizer-AOL-Time-Warner-Boeing-Microsoft-Aeroflot-United-Yoyodyne > Corporation. TMBG Unlimited is apparently still in service, though. Kudos for remembring Yoyodyne, but you forgot the merger also includes Weyland-Yutani, Omni Consumer Products, Cyberdyne Systems, the Delos Resorts, Federated Motor Co., and the Tyrell Corp. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:36:08 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: 10 Things Every TMBG Fan Should Know Message-ID: <2803313407@sterl.com> Polaris sez: >> 8. Emusic was bought out by the >>MCI-WorldCom-AT&T-Daimler-Chrysler-Mitsubishi-Phillips-BASF-LG-Phillip->>Morri s-BP-Texaco-Pfizer-AOL-Time-Warner-Boeing-Microsoft-Aeroflot-United->>Yoyodyne Corporation. TMBG Unlimited is apparently still in service, >>though. >Kudos for remembring Yoyodyne, but you forgot the merger also includes >Weyland-Yutani, Omni Consumer Products, Cyberdyne Systems, the Delos >Resorts, Federated Motor Co., and the Tyrell Corp. And let's not forget Careless Santa. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:13:56 EDT From: Film2Edit@aol.com Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: 10 Things Every TMBG Fan Should Know Message-ID: Is Cablevision including in the mix of this all? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:51:22 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Re: Karaoke Boss Message-ID: <000a01c0ee09$aa1b3500$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> <<(Amnesiac is the best thing ever. Buy it.)>> Nothing beats Radioheads ''OK Computer!'' Best album I own! Jon Jenkins "Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man go to sit and wonder, "Why, why, why?" Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand." ~Kurtie V ----- Original Message ----- From: John Ferrer To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 2:35 AM Subject: TMBG: Karaoke Boss While flipping channels today MTV caught my attention (a rarity when they're not pretending they care what Wes Borland or Radiohead are up to) because they were playing the instrumental version of Boss of Me while going to commercial after Say What? Karaoke. I don't know if this means that's the song the guy sang or not, but....god, I hope not. So if anyone knows, I'd like to know also. --John (Amnesiac is the best thing ever. Buy it.) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 18:00:38 -0800 From: Monique Hebert Subject: TMBG: TMBG and Comedy Central Message-ID: <5.1.0.14.0.20010606175318.009eb180@mail.dork.com> I don't know if this has been brought up already or not, but I thought I'd give it a go here because I don't remember seeing it before. TMBG is under the "funny music" header in Comedy Central's radio playlist sampler at the below URL. http://www.comedycentral.com/webshows/radio.jhtml Monique ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:12:38 -0500 From: "Jackie York" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG and Comedy Central Message-ID: <002601c0eeff$b56d8a60$d6c20918@moline1.il.home.com> Indeed. They play them often on the CCRadio station. I heard When It Rains It Snows the other day on there. Also, there was a McSweeney's page under Webshows. Jackie ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 21:55:02 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: 10 Things Every TMBG Fan Should Know Message-ID: <3B1F0925.19E87E3F@pacificnet.net> Thanks, I guess I was more up to date than I thought because I knew all that stuff except for the Tina Turner and Siamese Twin Quasar one. I was seeing folks writing about "Mink Car" and was suspecting it was the name of the new album. So the title selections in the emusic poll where just gags? What about "No!" When's it due? -B O N G O Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > It was a plane crash, you fool! Anyway, the top ten TMBG occurrences of > 2001: > > 10. In January, Bill began at a new school. Everyone likes him, and he > likes everything. > 9. TMBG Unlimited has started. This service allows fans, for a mere $10 per > month, to download a few TMBG tracks from emusic every month, as well as the > rest of emusic's catalog. (Correction: the word "mere" should read > "whopping.") > 8. Emusic was bought out by the > MCI-WorldCom-AT&T-Daimler-Chrysler-Mitsubishi-Phillips-BASF-LG-Phillip-Morris-BP-Texaco-Pfizer-AOL-Time-Warner-Boeing-Microsoft-Aeroflot-United-Yoyodyne > Corporation. TMBG Unlimited is apparently still in service, though. > 7. The band has made several appearances on late-night shows. Actually, I'm > not quite sure how many of these took place in 2001. I know they performed > "Older" on Conan O'Brien. > 6. In April, they all sang a duet with Tina Turner. In a way it was nice, > and it was their favorite song. > 5. The "Malcolm in the Middle" soundtrack was released, but it turned out to > only have two measly TMBG songs, one of which had already been on Long Tall > Weekend. > 4. Linnell's wife gave birth to Siamese triplets with eight fingers on each > hand. They grew at an accelerated rate, and have now formed a band of their > own, which will open for TMBG at future shows. > 3. "Twisting" was used on a British Pizza Hut commercial for new Twisted > Crust Pizza. The band was apparently not notified, and there is a > possibility of legal action. > 2. McSweeney's Literary Magazine has an issue that features a disc of music > by TMBG and a few other bands/artists, meant to be played while you're > reading the magazine. > > And the number one TMBG-related event of 2001? > > 1. Flans died in an auto wreck in February! Um...I mean, the new album, > supposedly titled "Mink Car" will be released in late summer/early fall. > The projected release date is (I believe) 11 September. > -- > May the light shine upon thee, > Nathan > DinnerBell@tmbg.org > http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #42-7 *****************************