Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 43, Number 3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 43, Number 3 Tuesday, 3 July 2001 Topics: TMBG: Atlanta Show - Friday; June 29th RE: TMBG: BLAAAAHH RE: TMBG: BLAAAAHH TMBG: Re: BLAAAAHH NON-TMBG: Marcy Playground & Lincoln Re: TMBG: Re: BLAAAAHH TMBG: Re: Lameness Re:TMBG: My tale of woe. TMBG: TMBG - Columbia Re[2]: TMBG: My tale of woe. Re: Re[2]: TMBG: My tale of woe. Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Fwd:Re:TMBG: nashville show TMBG: Age restrictions Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow Re: TMBG: My Man TMBG: Cool and Strange Music Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Re: Re[2]: TMBG: My tale of woe. Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Re[2]: TMBG: My tale of woe. Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Re: Re[2]: TMBG: My tale of woe. TMBG: If you haven't heard MISLIH TMBG: For those of you who havn't found it already TMBG: Re: If you haven't heard MISLIH Re: TMBG: For those of you who havn't found it already Re: TMBG: For those of you who havn't found it already TMBG: Re: If you haven't heard MISLIH Re: TMBG: For those of you who havn't found it already TMBG: Re: For those of you who havn't found it already TMBG: Re: For those of you who havn't found it already Re: TMBG: Re: For those of you who havn't found it already TMBG: Re: For those of you who havn't found it already Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow TMBG: Re: For those of you who havn't found it already TMBG: It's fun to be unlimited. TMBG: Re: For those of you who havn't found it already Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 22:00:54 -0400 From: "Bill Seybolt" Subject: TMBG: Atlanta Show - Friday; June 29th Message-ID: Caught the show at Centennial Park in downtown Atlanta that was open to the public Friday night. I arrived promptly at 6PM, still recovering from a massive hangover from an office party the night before. Picked my spot on the barricade in front of the stage and waited. Local act ph balance opened up. (Mix of "southern soul and hip-hop.") Sound guys had their heads up their collective asses during their performance. Between set changes, Flans and Linnell came out to do an interview at a side tent with 99x. Not sure if it aired live or not. They seemed to have a decent time. (It wasn't over the PA for the audience to hear.) Next came Joy Drop. From previous posts, seems like they are opening for TMBG at several venues. They guys came out around 9:15 PM or so. Set list is as follows (or the best I could pickup). Intro New York City James K. Polk Triangle Man Cyclops Rock Shoehorn with Teeth Istanbul I've Got a Fang Ana Eg Older Boss of Me Birdhouse Guitar Robot Parade Why Does the Sun Shine? Dr. Worm Encore Maybe I Know Spy/Tambourine Man Twistin A few notes... The city has a noise ordinance downtown (I guess), so the show was fairly short. Crowd surfing was the only disappointing thing about the whole show. As soon as TMBG started up, so did the morons. And being in the front row didn't help. Every few minutes a security guard would point and the rest would converge. Indoor shows are a little easier to control. Flans did thank the crowd surfers for not doing it during the slow songs. (Everyone enjoyed that.) John Flansburgh was signing autographs off to the side. I waited my turn and got him to sign my scribbled set list. It felt like I was chatting with someone I knew instead of being star-struck. It's just like I imagined he would be after a show. Took a little throw-away camera in hopes of getting some decent shots. Will see later this week. 99x announced that Ben Folds is closing out the summer series in August. He's releasing his solo album the same time Mink Car. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 22:12:14 -0400 From: "Matt Breslin" Subject: RE: TMBG: BLAAAAHH Message-ID: >From: "Nicholas Wolf" >Reply-To: "Nicholas Wolf" >To: >Subject: RE: TMBG: BLAAAAHH >Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 17:54:04 -0600 > >ÁÁNo, no. Please. Don't hold back. Release that anger! Bang your fists on >your chest like the big, hairy man-beast you are. > >ÁÁCalm down. I hardly think whatever anger you're feeling presently >justifies >violence. No, you're not the only one who thinks Mink Car isn't going to be >their best work to date, but calling it a realization implies that the rest >of us are unelightened idiots who can't tell good music from gutter water. >I >happen to like the new versions of It's So Loud In Here, and First Kiss. >Just bear in mind that maybe these newer versions will, at length, grow on >you. > >Signed, >ÁÁNicholas Wolf >ÁÁTMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico > Well, actually I know I'm not the only one because people were complaining in the fake flans journal about it. But, I am not someone who thinks that anything TMBG does is "JUST FINE :D" because it isn't. If I wanted to hear songs like Man, It's So Loud In Here or First Kiss I wouldn't be listening to They Might Be Giants. Those songs are lame. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 19:21:54 -0700 From: "Bryan T. Hoerber" Subject: RE: TMBG: BLAAAAHH Message-ID: <5.1.0.14.2.20010701192137.00aa18d0@mail.aviationpage.com> Cool. One less person at the TMBG concerts! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 19:48:40 -0700 From: "Erich" Subject: TMBG: Re: BLAAAAHH Message-ID: OH!!! its so llllaaaaaaame you say?? Gee golly gosh shucks-- you named a couple songs you dont like so that taints the ENTIRE album that YOU have never heard straight through as an album???? Bare in mind I respect that your opnion is your own opinion BUUUUUTTT dont crack your chicken eggs before they be hatched fool......i just winged that. but hey we cant love all the songs. See I realize that Another First Kiss sounds like 'Rockabye' but i like it BECAUSE its TMBG and dude there isnt anything wrong with techoizing a song FOR ONCE. The reason ewe like certain songs is for the tune and its so loud in here has the same tune it always has nad its so much fun. if they were to technoize a song this one is perfect due to its subject matter. Just wait until September before making judgments.....heh heh.....you havent even heard the new Cyclops Rock yet. Oh and by the by.....Elegent Too didnt do Its so loud that was them crazy fountains of wayne guys.... Erich ----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Breslin" To: Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2001 4:36 PM Subject: TMBG: BLAAAAHH > Am I the only one who realizes how LAME Mink Car is going to be? WHY does > TMBG RUIN their songs before they release them?? :( > I feel phsyical anger towards tmbg right now. The Elegant Too remixed > ANOTHER SONG for Mink Car!?!?? What is going on here!??! It's So Loud In > Here was MORE THAN FINE before they butchered it into techno nonsense. First > Kiss is 50 times better than Another First Kiss. Mr. Xcitement is just a BAD > SONG. Doughty + Elegant Too = Bad! I've Got A Fang with an acid drum > beat?!?! What are they trying to do!? Wicked Little Critta was 90 million > times more entertaining on dial-a-song before the Elegant Too remixed it. Oh > god those loud drums at the end make me want to SHOOT myself. WHY WHY WHY > did they change Finished With Lies!!? They have been playing it live since > 1997! They can't change it at the last second!! This is crazy. Mink Car > could've been SO MUCH BETTER. Where is Thunderbird?!? I could strangle TMBG > right now. :( > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com > > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 00:56:13 -0400 (EDT) From: "Jason A. Glastetter" Subject: NON-TMBG: Marcy Playground & Lincoln Message-ID: I just got back from seeing Marcy Playground and they rock (as always). They played this song, that sounded eerily like Lincoln's "No Money No honey", though according to the drummer (who said he played with Lincoln for a time) it's just a really cool coincidence. just wondering if anyone had the Lincoln MP3 that they could post somewhere on the web or something for me to give a quick comparison between the two while it's still fresh in my head. Thanks. --Jason Glastetter ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 00:58:18 -0400 From: "Matt Breslin" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: BLAAAAHH Message-ID: Okay, I will report back here when I get my copy of Mink Car. And I know The Elegant Too didn't do Man, It's So Loud In Here. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 07:31:27 -0600 From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: TMBG: Re: Lameness Message-ID: ÁÁOh, I realize you're entitled to your own opinion, and that you're not the only one out there who has that opinion. I just think it's kind of fucked up to threaten/consider physically harming the Johns because they didn't live up to whatever expectations you had - to whatever you think they "owe" you. Can't we all just get along? ÁÁNicholas Wolf ÁÁTMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 09:49:06 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Re:TMBG: My tale of woe. Message-ID: <3374803037@sterl.com> John Ferreer sez: >You over-18ers, do me a favor, and always think >twice before you wish you were young again. It's fucking hell. As an over-18er, I want to be the first to assure you that NOBODY ever wishes they were under 18 again. Except for maybe the occasional masochist, that is. When I wish I were young again, I'm thinking like in the 23 zone. That's young. Under 18 is Purgatory. I also thank whatever gods may be, on a daily basis, that I didn't have to go through being under 18 now. That's the Ninth Circle of Hell.... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 09:52:44 EDT From: NitpickR@aol.com Subject: TMBG: TMBG - Columbia Message-ID: <68.10d905c2.2871d6ac@aol.com> Hello 41- As far as I know, nothing has been announced yet, as it's going to be during the fall semester. If I had to guess, it's going to be at Lerner Hall and the tickets to that are generally open. If not, just go up there, and ask some kid to get tickets for you and it should work. I like having TMBG shows walking distance from my apt. 8^) ~Adam ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:00:46 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: My tale of woe. Message-ID: <936300356@sterl.com> TDK sez: >Age restrictions are almost always up to the venue, not TMBG. >-Mike Yeah, but that begs the question: Why do TMBG play so many venues with age restrictions? There are lots of clubs out there that are at least 16+. Or concert halls, even. You can go see friggin Slipknot at 16, but often not TMBG. i believe the venue would be flexible if the alternative was TMBG going to another venue. Another thing that gets me tweaked is that the Bowery Ballroom will have one TMBG show one night at 16+, & another TMBG show the next night at 21+. Whats up with that? Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Author: The Demonic Kangaroo Date: 06/29/01 6:25 PM ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bryan T. Hoerber" > Why did I have to wait so long to see a TMBG concert? > Aren't they supposed to be for teens to young adults? If > not then why did they have their songs on Tiny Toons, a kids > cartoon? ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:09:52 -0400 From: "Bill Seybolt" Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: My tale of woe. Message-ID: The clubs want people drinking. That's were the money is on top of the price of admission. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:20:39 -0400 From: lawrence solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Message-ID: <3B408337.1424EEFC@fruhead.com> > karinh@sterl.com wrote: > Yeah, but that begs the question: Why do TMBG play so many venues with age > restrictions? There are lots of clubs out there that are at least 16+. Or > concert halls, even. You can go see friggin Slipknot at 16, but often not > TMBG. i believe the venue would be flexible if the alternative was TMBG > going to another venue. because the venues hate young people. plain and simple. unfortunately, TMBG have nothing to do with the decision, and places like the Bowery, for example, place arbitrary age restrictions on every show. 21+ I can *sort of* understand - it means they have to check IDs once, and they know that everyone inside is allowed to drink. 16+ and 18+ are nothing more than age discrimination, because legally speaking, the only difference between 18 and 21 is being able to drink. the rationale (a crappy rationale, at that - sorry Chad) was provided on the Moxy Fruvous newsgroup, and basically the idea comes down to the fact that the owners of these places care not about entertainment, but about profit. and if everyone inside is 21, they can make more money. it's a shitty argument, but greed is a shitty argument for anything. I think TMBG *can* have some say if they want to - like they could, theoretically, insist in their contract that the venue be all ages. I doubt they will, though, because they know they can sell the place out even if they do irrationally shut out the younger crowd. and it's probably not worth their trouble to fight with a really draconian venue. -- lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "I stole your hat and I hanged your cat, so tell me how you love me now." ÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ -Moxy Fryvous ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:36:41 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Fwd:Re:TMBG: nashville show Message-ID: <4143106471@sterl.com> "No thanks to anyone on the list", huh?? Well, I never. Any of the following sound familiar, Normal?? That's what I get for re:ing just to the sender & not the whole list... Well, like you said, Dan, they didn't seem too interested. But gee..... ____________________Forward Header_____________________ Subject: Re:TMBG: nashville show Author: Karin Highfield Date: 06/27/01 3:05 PM Okay, in the absence of anybody else's interest in discussing a live TMBG show, I nosed around a little. According to Nashville.citysearch, the show is part of Dancin' in the District, their Thursday night summer entertainment series. Now, on one page (the one with the intro/review of TMBG), they tell you to call for ticket prices, but on another page of info about Dancin in the District, they specifically say "free thursday night concert series". It might not be a bad idea to call before driving 6 hrs., just to play it safe. But it sounds pretty damn free to me. Go for it, Normal Dan! Hey, damn, it's summer!! Almost time for the annual free Brooklyn gig!! woo hooo!! Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: nashville show Author: Daniel A Kelley Date: 06/25/01 8:31 PM hey all, i'm heading to the nashville show this week, and was wondering if anyone had any concrete info on the show. i'm in st. louis right now, so i don't have access to local papers and such - before i came home for the summer, i was under the impression that it was a free show at riverfront park and they were playing with superdrag. the information i found here: http://nashville.citysearch.com/profile/11487178/ says otherwise.... or am i just reading it wrong? if you know what's going on with this show, please let me know, before i drive 6 hours for a big misunderstanding! thanks! daniel ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:43:09 EDT From: PosterKid1@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Age restrictions Message-ID: <10.ef0e95c.2871e27d@aol.com> Someone was bemoaning the fact that they had been too young to see TMBG until recently and then another person said that the age limit of the venue is up to TMBG. But TMBG can choose to play all-ages venues any time they want. Lots of bands do it. The only thing is, they'd probably have to take a cut in pay because the venue wouldn't be making all that money off alcohol. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:45:02 From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow Message-ID: I didn't make it. I wrecked my car a couple days before the concert so I needed transportation and couldn't find it. >From: "Bill Seybolt" >To: "John Ferrer" >Subject: Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow >Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 08:50:57 -0400 > >Did you get your camera in? > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:47:20 From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow Message-ID: Sorry, that wasn't to the list, I've just gotten into the habit of mechanically changing the e-mail address to the list address. Speaking of things mechanical, I saw A.I. last night, and it's the worst movie ever made. Thank you. >From: "John Ferrer" >Reply-To: "John Ferrer" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow >Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:45:02 > >I didn't make it. I wrecked my car a couple days before the concert so I >needed transportation and couldn't find it. > > >>From: "Bill Seybolt" >>To: "John Ferrer" >>Subject: Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow >>Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 08:50:57 -0400 >> >>Did you get your camera in? >> > >_________________________________________________________________ >Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:11:29 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow Message-ID: <002801c10309$45c4d100$10450241@mshome.net> Speaking of things mechanical, I saw A.I. last night, and it's the worst > movie ever made. Thank you. > > Worst movie ever made? That's pretty harsh. Granted it was a little different, but it certainly wasn't bad. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 11:18:22 EDT From: Pahteeh@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: My Man Message-ID: <39.16fbfc69.2871eabf@aol.com> Me too :) As well as Yeah Yeah. Can't seem to get those two out of my head!! Bryan T. Hoerber" wrote: Me At 08:01 PM 6/30/2001, you wrote: >Dude....who else LOVES this song???? > >Erich ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 11:35:53 EDT From: Pahteeh@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Cool and Strange Music Message-ID: Hey all just thought some of you might be interested. I recently encountered this magazine while visiting a friend who works at Virgin Records, its called Cool and Strange Music Magazine. If you haven't heard of it, perhaps you should check it out. If you're into LP's or just out of the ordinary sounds, this is a good place to look for new music! In one of the ads it mentioned some album (darnit i don't have it with me, so i can't remember the exact title) which included Robin Goldwasser, and it had a quote by Flansburgh, like he reviewed the record or something. Anyway if you want you can check it out, they're website is www.coolandstrange.com. They even have an online radio show hosted by some guy named Mr. Otis F. Odder, and it's pretty interesting, with all sorts of old advertisements: i heard Richard Simmons doing a spot for dental hygiene, some old KFC ads where you could hear Colonel Sanders' outtakes, some sex education spot, where it was like the 1950's dad and his ! ki! ds talking about safe sex, mastu rbation, homosexuality, etc. So, um, yeah anyways, that's all. Just thought some of you might enjoy some of the music this mag has to offer, since I don't know any non-TMBG fan who would even CONSIDER listening to stuff like this :) We fans just have better taste, i guess. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:33:42 EDT From: EmarZero@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Message-ID: As an over-18er, I want to be the first to assure you that NOBODY ever wishes they were under 18 again. I do, sometimes. Mostly at shows when there are lots of cute girls rubbing their boobs against me or whatever, and then giggling about how hard math class is or whatever. Then it REALLY sucks to be twenty-something. Jail is bad. -HX ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:44:02 EDT From: EmarZero@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow Message-ID: <35.175319b4.2871fed2@aol.com> In a message dated 7/2/01 10:45:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time, aceduke@hotmail.com writes: > I didn't make it. I wrecked my car a couple days before the concert so I > Did you crash your bicycle too? ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 12:37:43 -0500 From: Mitch Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Message-ID: <3B40B167.6AFAE570@tmbg.org> I wish I was under 18 again also. Life seemed more exciting back then. Adulthood is more dull. Mitch! www.mitcharf.com EmarZero@aol.com wrote: > > As an over-18er, I want to be the first to assure you that NOBODY ever > wishes > they were under 18 again. > > I do, sometimes. Mostly at shows when there are lots of cute girls > rubbing > their boobs against me or whatever, and then giggling about how hard > math > class is or whatever. Then it REALLY sucks to be twenty-something. > > Jail is bad. > > -HX ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:11:58 -0400 From: "Amy :)" Subject: Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Message-ID: >I do, sometimes. Mostly at shows when there are lots of cute girls >rubbing their boobs against me or whatever, and then giggling about >how >hard math class is or whatever. Then it REALLY sucks to be >twenty->something. Yeah, but speaking as a former teenage girl (although not one that giggled about math class), it wouldn't help you to be under 18 - the girls want older men. But, like you said, jail is bad. Amy :) _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:44:39 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: My tale of woe. Message-ID: <2415365053@sterl.com> Well, yeah, I guess. Going to work & buying your own socks & washing your own dishes is dull. Much less challenging than fighting to keep your eyes open during World History, or trying to cajole Mom into letting you skip the weekend at Grandma's in order to go to the Cure concert with your friends. And *certainly* not as entertaining as spending the aforementioned weekend at Grandma's while your friends go to the concert without you... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Author: Mitch Harding Date: 07/02/01 1:37 PM I wish I was under 18 again also. Life seemed more exciting back then. Adulthood is more dull. Mitch! www.mitcharf.com EmarZero@aol.com wrote: > > As an over-18er, I want to be the first to assure you that NOBODY ever > wishes > they were under 18 again. > > I do, sometimes. Mostly at shows when there are lots of cute girls > rubbing > their boobs against me or whatever, and then giggling about how hard > math > class is or whatever. Then it REALLY sucks to be twenty-something. > > Jail is bad. > > -HX ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 13:49:20 -0500 From: Mitch Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. Message-ID: <3B40C230.A9DBBC2F@tmbg.org> Yeah, but the consequences of falling asleep in class were far less severe than the consequences of falling asleep at work. I'd say all in all, transgressions are forgiven (expected, even) when you are under 18. The older you get, the less acceptable they are. And since I'm clearly a criminal at heart, sub-18 is where I should be! Mitch! www.mitcharf.com > karinh@sterl.com wrote: > > Well, yeah, I guess. Going to work & buying your own socks & washing > your own dishes is dull. Much less challenging than fighting to keep > your eyes open during World History, or trying to cajole Mom into > letting you skip the weekend at Grandma's in order to go to the Cure > concert with your friends. And *certainly* not as entertaining as > spending the aforementioned weekend at Grandma's while your friends go > to the concert without you... > > Karin H > > ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** > ____________________Reply Separator____________________ > Subject: Re: TMBG: My tale of woe. > Author: Mitch Harding > Date: 07/02/01 1:37 PM > > I wish I was under 18 again also. Life seemed more exciting back > then. > Adulthood is more dull. > > Mitch! > www.mitcharf.com > > EmarZero@aol.com wrote: > > > > As an over-18er, I want to be the first to assure you that NOBODY > ever > > wishes > > they were under 18 again. > > > > I do, sometimes. Mostly at shows when there are lots of cute girls > > rubbing > > their boobs against me or whatever, and then giggling about how hard > > math > > class is or whatever. Then it REALLY sucks to be twenty-something. > > > > Jail is bad. > > > > -HX ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 15:30:31 -0500 (CDT) From: ana-l_haqq@webtv.net (hog leg) Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: My tale of woe. Message-ID: <29339-3B40D9E7-3036@storefull-123.iap.bryant.webtv.net> TDK sez: >Age restrictions are almost always up to the venue, not TMBG. >-Mike then Karin ponders: Yeah, but that begs the question:# Why do TMBG play so many venues with age restrictions?# me: It's like the demonic kangaroo said, it's pretty much out of "their" hands. AFAIK, it goes a lil' sum lyke dis: TMBG's booking agent will let all of the venues know they are doing a tour, and then the interested venue will respond to them with offers or bids if you will. It's not like the Johns are money hungry misers, but i'm pretty sure they are going to go with the offers where they don't get the shite end of the proverbial stick. and decisions probably don't always have to do with monetary concerns, but ya know. they venues that can sell alcohool stand to make the most profit so they can offer the best deal for they. i think... marco ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 22:53:04 -0000 From: "Dan Brosnan" Subject: TMBG: If you haven't heard MISLIH Message-ID: Hi all, For those of you who have not heard the new "Man It's So Loud In Here" version(Mink Car) you can listen to the song in its entirety at www.restless.com - check it out. dan _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 18:59:10 -0400 From: "Cheesegod" Subject: TMBG: For those of you who havn't found it already Message-ID: <9hqujp$2ram$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: CGP http://www.emusic.com/albums/26391/ Unltd July Enjoy! -- ---------------------------------------------- http://www.cheesegod.com -- Original toons and odd humor http://www.crudpants.com -- Conan O'Brien, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Music Videos, and more! http://www.madnotmad.com -- Nothing, see for yourself http://www.crudpants.com/radio.shtml -- Crudpants radio!! What makes radio listening fun! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 19:22:35 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Re: If you haven't heard MISLIH Message-ID: <001e01c1034d$e0a29100$10450241@mshome.net> Damn...John Linnell looks really old in those pictures restless.com has. Jon ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Brosnan" To: Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 6:53 PM Subject: TMBG: If you haven't heard MISLIH > Hi all, > > For those of you who have not heard the new "Man It's So Loud In Here" > version(Mink Car) you can listen to the song in its entirety at > www.restless.com - check it out. > > dan > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 17:25:51 -0600 From: Chris Nuccitelli Subject: Re: TMBG: For those of you who havn't found it already Message-ID: <3B4102FF.F60A9AB1@campuspipeline.com> hmmmm, looks like they finally ran out of new material and decided to resort to live/demo tracks. whee. Cheesegod wrote: > > http://www.emusic.com/albums/26391/ > > Unltd July > > Enjoy! > > -- > ---------------------------------------------- > http://www.cheesegod.com -- Original toons and odd humor > http://www.crudpants.com -- Conan O'Brien, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Music > Videos, and more! > http://www.madnotmad.com -- Nothing, see for yourself > http://www.crudpants.com/radio.shtml -- Crudpants radio!! What makes radio > listening fun! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 19:26:56 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: Re: TMBG: For those of you who havn't found it already Message-ID: <000601c1034e$7c897480$10450241@mshome.net> What is the track listing for this month's Unlimited? Jon 'just curious and wishing he had a credit card' Jenkins ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Nuccitelli" To: Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 7:25 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: For those of you who havn't found it already > hmmmm, looks like they finally ran out of new material and decided to > resort to live/demo tracks. whee. > > > Cheesegod wrote: > > > > http://www.emusic.com/albums/26391/ > > > > Unltd July > > > > Enjoy! > > > > -- > > ---------------------------------------------- > > http://www.cheesegod.com -- Original toons and odd humor > > http://www.crudpants.com -- Conan O'Brien, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Music > > Videos, and more! > > http://www.madnotmad.com -- Nothing, see for yourself > > http://www.crudpants.com/radio.shtml -- Crudpants radio!! What makes radio > > listening fun! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 19:28:03 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Re: If you haven't heard MISLIH Message-ID: <000e01c1034e$a3fbb8c0$10450241@mshome.net> Oh yeah, and the new version of it's so loud in here rocks! Now I can't wait for Mink Car. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 17:28:43 -0600 From: Chris Nuccitelli Subject: Re: TMBG: For those of you who havn't found it already Message-ID: <3B4103AB.CE2854A5@campuspipeline.com> Sorry for the spacing.... no track descriptions are up yet, apparently. Frankenstein Live 1994 3:58 The Joker Live 1994 4:12 Yellow Submarine Live 1992 3:11 Sally Boy Candy Bar 2:28 Concrete And Clay 2:22 Mister Me 2:00 Outboard Part Of A Man 0:44 Somebody's Body 1:38 Hope That I Get Old / Cage And Aquarium Live 1993 2:42 Indiana Wants Me 2:08 King Of Caves 2:10 I Am The Biggest One 1:26 Big Big Whoredom Live 1985 1:37 Rhythm Section Want Ad 2:55 1999 / Cowtown 4:13 Boat Of Car 1:25 If I Wasn't Shy Live 1993 2:04 Become A Robot 1:19 7-11 2:11 Alienation's For The Rich 1:47 Ant Demo 2:14 Hi Honey 0:38 Happy 1:27 Jon wrote: > > What is the track listing for this month's Unlimited? > > Jon 'just curious and wishing he had a credit card' Jenkins > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Chris Nuccitelli" > To: > Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 7:25 PM > Subject: Re: TMBG: For those of you who havn't found it already > > > hmmmm, looks like they finally ran out of new material and decided to > > resort to live/demo tracks. whee. > > > > > > Cheesegod wrote: > > > > > > http://www.emusic.com/albums/26391/ > > > > > > Unltd July > > > > > > Enjoy! > > > > > > -- > > > ---------------------------------------------- > > > http://www.cheesegod.com -- Original toons and odd humor > > > http://www.crudpants.com -- Conan O'Brien, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, > Music > > > Videos, and more! > > > http://www.madnotmad.com -- Nothing, see for yourself > > > http://www.crudpants.com/radio.shtml -- Crudpants radio!! What makes > radio > > > listening fun! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 16:32:25 -0700 From: Troy Subject: TMBG: Re: For those of you who havn't found it already Message-ID: <20010702163207.1D81.GIMMESPAM@yahoo.com> -- On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 18:59:10 -0400, Cheesegod wrote: > http://www.emusic.com/albums/26391/ It gave me an "access denied" when I tried to download the songs. Am I too late, or is my account just screwed up? -- Troy ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 19:33:34 -0400 From: "Cheesegod" Subject: TMBG: Re: For those of you who havn't found it already Message-ID: <9hr0kc$2tbv$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: CGP No problems here so far... I've only downloaded 2 songs and I'm on a 56k so it'll take me a while -- ---------------------------------------------- http://www.cheesegod.com -- Original toons and odd humor http://www.crudpants.com -- Conan O'Brien, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Music Videos, and more! http://www.madnotmad.com -- Nothing, see for yourself http://www.crudpants.com/radio.shtml -- Crudpants radio!! What makes radio listening fun! "Troy" wrote in message news:20010702163207.1D81.GIMMESPAM@yahoo.com... > -- On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 18:59:10 -0400, Cheesegod wrote: > > > http://www.emusic.com/albums/26391/ > > It gave me an "access denied" when I tried to download the songs. Am I > too late, or is my account just screwed up? > > -- > Troy > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 17:39:29 -0600 From: Chris Nuccitelli Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: For those of you who havn't found it already Message-ID: <3B410631.F5FB57C5@campuspipeline.com> Hit reload a couple times.... I get that error maybe 1 out of every 10 times I load the page. (I keep thinking that the song descriptions will show up eventually....) Cheesegod wrote: > > No problems here so far... > I've only downloaded 2 songs and I'm on a 56k so it'll take me a while > > -- > ---------------------------------------------- > http://www.cheesegod.com -- Original toons and odd humor > http://www.crudpants.com -- Conan O'Brien, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Music > Videos, and more! > http://www.madnotmad.com -- Nothing, see for yourself > http://www.crudpants.com/radio.shtml -- Crudpants radio!! What makes radio > listening fun! > "Troy" wrote in message > news:20010702163207.1D81.GIMMESPAM@yahoo.com... > > -- On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 18:59:10 -0400, Cheesegod wrote: > > > > > http://www.emusic.com/albums/26391/ > > > > It gave me an "access denied" when I tried to download the songs. Am I > > too late, or is my account just screwed up? > > > > -- > > Troy > > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 19:41:23 -0400 From: scratch Subject: TMBG: Re: For those of you who havn't found it already Message-ID: <3B4106A3.5C5B8026@the-pentagon.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org By far the best month yet. They should have been giving us this kind of stuff all along. -scratch Cheesegod wrote: > > http://www.emusic.com/albums/26391/ > > Unltd July > > Enjoy! > > -- > ---------------------------------------------- > http://www.cheesegod.com -- Original toons and odd humor > http://www.crudpants.com -- Conan O'Brien, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Music > Videos, and more! > http://www.madnotmad.com -- Nothing, see for yourself > http://www.crudpants.com/radio.shtml -- Crudpants radio!! What makes radio > listening fun! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 17:49:41 -0600 From: "Jennifer Russell-Fenus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Atlanta show tomorrow Message-ID: >>I didn't make it. I wrecked my car a couple days before the concert so I >>needed transportation and couldn't find it. I definitely know how that is! I was up in Jackson Hole, WY for the summer, and I found out a week before the X96 Big Ass Show that the headliner would be Howard Jones. So I get the time off work, and leave a day before the gig to make sure I got there (it was in SLC) in time. However, coming down the canyon between Jackson and Afton, A semi was driving on the wrong side of the two lane road. I swerved, overcorrected, did a 720, over a ditch and up a steep hill (BACKWARDS!) right in between a mile marker and a large tree. Someone must have been watching over me, as I didn't get a single scratch or bruise on me anywhere. Had I swerved the other direction, I would have gone over a cliff and ended up face down in the Snake River, probably severely injured if not dead. After the car stopped, I got out and looked at the car-it didn't seem like anything was wrong with it except the whole front end had shifted over to the right about 2 feet. By the time Highway Patrol got it off the hill, the first thing I asked was, "Is it driveable?" They just laughed their asses off and simply said, "No." I cried and cried-I was more upset about missing my concert than I was about totalling my car. The moral of the story is that Music is a large and very important part of my life, and probably a lot of other people's too. You will do anything to get to your favorite artist's show, even if it kills you. I never made it to that concert, and although I have been toother HoJo shows since then, I will always remember that one as the One I Missed. I heard it was good, but I wanted to be there to witness it myself! >Sorry, that wasn't to the list, I've just gotten into the habit of >mechanically changing the e-mail address to the list address. > >Speaking of things mechanical, I saw A.I. last night, and it's the worst >movie ever made. Thank you. AI wasn't that bad. You gotta take into consideration that it was conceived by Stanley Kubrick, who is known for his less than normal movies. Had he been alive to finish it, I'm sure it would have been a lot more freaky. The worst movie ever made was SEIGE. With AI, at least you can play with your imagination a little-Seige was about terrorists that take over the Bronx. It was long and boring and I couldn't wait to get out of that theater. Worst waste of $7 that I can remember. (But that's just my opinion-you are entitled to yours as well). _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 16:52:10 -0700 From: Troy Subject: TMBG: Re: For those of you who havn't found it already Message-ID: <20010702165151.1D8A.GIMMESPAM@yahoo.com> -- On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 19:33:34 -0400, Cheesegod wrote: > No problems here so far... > I've only downloaded 2 songs and I'm on a 56k so it'll take me a while Well, I can download the tracks individually, but not through Freeamp. I wonder if it's an XP thing. -- Troy ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 23:51:10 From: "John Ferrer" Subject: TMBG: It's fun to be unlimited. Message-ID: Well, I think is the best one ever. This is great. I don't even know what most of this stuff is. This, in my opinion, is what this service should be for: stuff you pretty much won't hear anywhere else, and wouldn't want to if you weren't a major fan. And it's almost an hour's worth, so my faith is totally restored, and anyone who doesn't like this is being too picky. But I repeat, what IS this?! I've never ever heard of some of these. "Sally Boy Candy Bar"? "Outboard Part of a Man"? "Indiana Wants Me"? "7-11"? "King of Caves"? "Happy"? They sound like Dial-A-Songs, except the last two live tracks, but are these just songs that somehow never found their way online, or are they recent ones, or are they really really old ones? Do they even exist? Are they just lies? I guess we'll find out when Flansy writes his explanations, but regardless of what he says, "Outboard Part of a Man" has got it going on. GOD! They all do! This is freaking great. --John I'm a nightlight in the sun. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 17:00:15 -0700 From: Troy Subject: TMBG: Re: For those of you who havn't found it already Message-ID: <20010702165845.1D8D.GIMMESPAM@yahoo.com> -- On Mon, 02 Jul 2001 19:41:23 -0400, scratch wrote: > By far the best month yet. They should have been giving us this kind of > stuff all along. Tons of stuff, too. 23 tracks, over 50 minutes total. So, if the next 6 months are like this, it should make up for the first 6. If you mix all the months together, you'd be able to get 12 good months' worth of material. -- Troy ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #43-3 *****************************