Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 44, Number 15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 44, Number 15 Wednesday, 15 August 2001 Topics: TMBG: Dial-a-Song is coming to take you... TMBG: Re: Dial-a-Song is coming to take you... Re: TMBG: Dial-a-Song is coming to take you... TMBG: Re: TMBG so gay? TMBG: Re: TMBG so gay? TMBG: Re: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Line! TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #44-4 TMBG: Re: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Line! TMBG: Re: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Line! Re: TMBG: Re: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Line! Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #44-4 Re: TMBG: Re: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Line! Re: TMBG: Re: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Line! Re: TMBG: Re: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Line! TMBG: August unltd. TMBG: Re: August unltd. Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 23:38:28 -0700 From: pzickler@hotPOP.com Subject: TMBG: Dial-a-Song is coming to take you... Message-ID: So after the Elegant Too version of Critta came out, there were all these people whining about how the original was way better. I'm sorry, but y'all are outta yer heads. Can anyone can call DAS now and tell me they really think that version compares to the one on Mink Car? Yeah, we all have our favorite early Casio-toned They songs, but there's nothing wrong with using actual cool studio sounds to get closer to what the song sounds like in the composer's mind. Why settle for tacky beats when you can have them "super-sized"? PZ Finished With Whining ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 02:52:05 -0400 From: scratch Subject: TMBG: Re: Dial-a-Song is coming to take you... Message-ID: <3B78CA95.F4437E43@the-pentagon.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org I agree, except for those drums at the very end. Those annoy me. -scratch pzickler@hotPOP.com wrote: > > So after the Elegant Too version of Critta came out, there were all > these people whining about how the original was way better. I'm > sorry, but y'all are outta yer heads. Can anyone can call DAS now > and tell me they really think that version compares to the one on > Mink Car? Yeah, we all have our favorite early Casio-toned They > songs, but there's nothing wrong with using actual cool studio sounds > to get closer to what the song sounds like in the composer's mind. > Why settle for tacky beats when you can have them "super-sized"? > > PZ > Finished With Whining ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 03:48:21 -0700 From: "Bryan T. Hoerber" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dial-a-Song is coming to take you... Message-ID: <5.1.0.14.2.20010814034817.00a82260@mail.aviationpage.com> I really like the version on DAS right now. Of course I think both versions need to be dragged out a bit more with a second chorus. At 11:38 PM 8/13/2001, you wrote: >So after the Elegant Too version of Critta came out, there were all these >people whining about how the original was way better. I'm sorry, but >y'all are outta yer heads. Can anyone can call DAS now and tell me they >really think that version compares to the one on Mink Car? Yeah, we all >have our favorite early Casio-toned They songs, but there's nothing wrong >with using actual cool studio sounds to get closer to what the song sounds >like in the composer's mind. Why settle for tacky beats when you can have >them "super-sized"? > >PZ >Finished With Whining ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:12:47 EDT From: PosterKid1@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG so gay? Message-ID: <40.f9a0aa3.28aa99ef@aol.com> I think TMBG definitely is gay -- in all their videos, they're always jolly and bopping and having a good time. And that's great. There are so many mopey musicians out there that when someone happy comes along it's really refreshing. Sorry, that's just how I feel. -- The Kid ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:24:06 -0400 From: "Chris" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG so gay? Message-ID: <9lbtv3$1a1q$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org ok. i must use my love of the english language here for a moment. tmbg is gay, in the happy, fun, jovial way. they are probably not gay, in the homosexual way, seeing as how they are married (to women) and have children (at least, that is what i have read, as memory serves, on the tmbg.com site, in the questions section). as always, chris the somewhat nonsensical tmbg fanatic and lover of all things anti-status ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:04:15 From: "John Ferrer" Subject: TMBG: Re: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Message-ID: Line! >From: "TMBG-Announce" >To: tmbg-announce@mcfmail.net >Subject: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Line! >Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:27:56 EDT > >Hey everybody- John Flansburgh of TMBG writing from to you direct from our >hidden mountain laboratory high above rural New York State with some things >we're happy to tell you about: It's SECRET mountain laboratory, and don't taunt me, John. That would have been the greatest album title ever. > >TMBG's brand new CD "Mink Car" will be in better stores on Sept. 11, and >available directly thru tmbg.com >momentarily! WHAT? What does that mean? >10/23 "They Might Be Giants In Holidayland" released WHAT? What does THAT mean? _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:07:25 -0700 From: "Lao M. Wach" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #44-4 Message-ID: <9lc0is$1cta$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org > It's trooky-trooky-trooky > > No way it's "trooky." >> am i the only one that thought he was saying tooky tooky tooky, as in the george of the jungle movie with brandon frasiar in it and the toucan going 'tooky tooky tooky'? err yeah, one of those things you have to see to understand. but um dont watch george of the jungle unless you are forced to, tisnt a great movie. i was jus flipping throught the tv channels. wolfie tmbg ambassador from iowa welcomes tmbg on 10/11 :) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:10:14 -0400 From: scratch Subject: TMBG: Re: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Message-ID: <3B7985A6.DF65B44B@the-pentagon.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Line! John Ferrer wrote: > > >From: "TMBG-Announce" > >To: tmbg-announce@mcfmail.net > >Subject: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Line! > >Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:27:56 EDT > > > >Hey everybody- John Flansburgh of TMBG writing from to you direct from our > >hidden mountain laboratory high above rural New York State with some things > >we're happy to tell you about: > > It's SECRET mountain laboratory, and don't taunt me, John. That would have > been the greatest album title ever. Those were my thoughts exactly. > > > >TMBG's brand new CD "Mink Car" will be in better stores on Sept. 11, and > >available directly thru tmbg.com > >momentarily! > > WHAT? What does that mean? Presumably, that it will be on tmbg.com very soon, before it's out in stores. > >10/23 "They Might Be Giants In Holidayland" released > > WHAT? What does THAT mean? no idea. -scratch ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:14:44 -0400 From: "Bill Seybolt" Subject: TMBG: Re: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Message-ID: Line! >10/23 "They Might Be Giants In Holidayland" released Ooooooooooooo! A Christmas album? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:41:33 EDT From: EmarZero@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #44-4 Message-ID: In a message dated 8/14/01 4:12:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, blankslate@home.com writes: > > It's trooky-trooky-trooky > > > > No way it's "trooky." >> I thought it was kooky-kooky-kooky. "I must kill you, because God told me to." -Tigatron(?) "Vooral die smeerlap van een Hooper X !! QWe hate yopu !!!!!!!!!" -Drunken Dutchmen www.sexsexworld.com <-PLEASE KILL MY LONELY. ------------------------------ Date: 15 Aug 2001 02:25:17 -0000 From: ctyner@clemson.edu Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Message-ID: <20010815022517.23422.qmail@reit.pair.com> Line! 10/23 is a Tuesday, so presumably it's some sort of audio or video release. If it's audio, then I'd be surprised if we don't see some sort of preview tomorrow on eMusic... -Adam On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Matt James wrote: > Could it be this documentary they filmed in Brooklyn? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:31:05 EDT From: Kaylum@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: They Might be Giants: On Conan, On Disc, On Tour, On Message-ID: <22.1a53ed7e.28ab38e9@aol.com> Line! TMBG in Holidayland is going to be an ep of TMBG's holiday themed songs. I don't know which will be on it (they have too many to fit onto one ep), but I'm hoping they include "O Tannenbaum" and "Christmas Cards." "Feast of Lights" is another possibilitiy, since it's a holiday ep, not necessarily a Christmas one. And maybe we'll finally have a legitimate reason to ask "What about..." No, sorry, I just can't say it Kay ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 00:11:32 -0400 From: psiogen@mindspring.com (Sylvan) Subject: TMBG: Re: August unltd. Message-ID: Organization: MindSpring Enterprises In article <9lcsht$29m4$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org>, "Cheese God" wrote: > COMING SEPTEMBER 1 TO TMBG UNLIMITED TMBG's BATTLE OF THE BANDS > > The first part in an ongoing series where TMBG takes on alter-egos as a > variety of other, fake, bands. Based on an original concept by the great > band the Turtles, who created a project called "Battle of the Bands" for a > concept album in the late sixties. We always liked the idea, and we are > happy to use TMBG Unlimited as a forum for appropriating it! Stay tuned... Very intriguing... sounds sort of like XTC's never completed "Greatest Hits of the 70's by fake bands" album. This could be a great issue... -- Sylvan http://spork.keenspace.com "The hamster is still dead." --Leonard Nimoy ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #44-15 ******************************