Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 44, Number 19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 44, Number 19 Sunday, 19 August 2001 Topics: TMBG: Cake Re: TMBG: Cake TMBG: Re: Cake Re: TMBG: Re: toronto show.. Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 01:56:06 -0700 From: "Erich" Subject: TMBG: Cake Message-ID: The new Cake video for Long Jacket has been playing on MTV for a bit, if youve seen it it has people listening to the song on headphones and telling there thoughts on the song while it plays, its quite humorous anyway a new one is on and its the New York version where new yorkers be listening to it, apparently these people are not told what band it is as many take guesses to what band it is and waddya know one fella says "THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS?" ooooowwwwoooowweeeee!! i thought that was cool, also today i was walking by a resteraunt during my lunch break and the outside speakers were playing Boss of Me so i stood on the sidewalk and listened and bobbled my head to the phat beat looking at the poeple eating there lunch while things giants filtered through there ears and into their subconcious....oh yeah....theyll be humming a few bars of Boss of Me while they shuffle off to bed.....oh yeah........um......purple monkey dishwasher. Erich who hates trying to remember what "there" of "their" goes where. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:05:38 -0600 From: "makebase" Subject: TMBG: Re: Cake Message-ID: <9llbe9$14gm$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Erich wrote in message news:OE12Bwhpdf8z2etaV4i00002f29@hotmail.com... >The new Cake video for Long Jacket has been playing on MTV for a bit, if youve seen it it has people listening to >the song on headphones and telling there thoughts on the song while it plays, its quite humorous anyway a new >one is on and its the New York version where new yorkers be listening to it, apparently these people are not told >what band it is as many take guesses to what band it is and waddya know one fella says "THEY MIGHT BE >GIANTS?" ooooowwwwoooowweeeee I just saw that video! I wasn't exactly paying the most strict attention, however, until I thought I heard "They Might Be Giants" said. I wasn't sure that's what I heard. I'm glad you confirmed it. -- Shaun www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 05:52:47 -0700 (PDT) From: Rob Cowley Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: toronto show.. Message-ID: <20010818125247.6422.qmail@web13805.mail.yahoo.com> I'll be in attendance as well. I've never seen Them before, the last time they played in Canada I was in my last year of high school and I was in exams while living in Ottawa and couldn't make the trip. Now I live in Toronto (4 or 5 years later!) and I can't wait. Again, I had no clue they were coming, where did you hear it? Any word (again) on when tickets go on sale?? Robbie Canadian Ambassador ===== "It's Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!!!" __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger http://phonecard.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #44-19 ******************************