Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 44, Number 22 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 44, Number 22 Wednesday, 22 August 2001 Topics: TMBG: Conan... TMBG: Re: Conan... Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. TMBG: Introducing: Newbie Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. TMBG: Concert dates Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. TMBG: Re: Concert dates Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. NON TMBG: Recent explosion of violence? Re: NON TMBG: Recent explosion of violence? TMBG: Flames and McSweeney's TMBG: Re: toronto show.. Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. Re: NON-TMBG: Re: eeee. Re: TMBG: Introducing: Newbie TMBG: announcement from Mr excitement... Re: NON TMBG: Recent explosion of violence? TMBG: Re: announcement from Mr excitement... TMBG: After Tower Records show... Re: TMBG: announcement from Mr excitement... Re: TMBG: Re: announcement from Mr excitement... Re: TMBG: Re: announcement from Mr excitement... Re: TMBG: announcement from Mr excitement... TMBG: Re: toronto show.. Re: TMBG: announcement from Mr excitement... TMBG: Ok here's the list! TMBG: a statement from chris (somewhat of a reply to eeee) Re: TMBG: announcement from Mr excitement... Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 00:15:15 -0600 From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: TMBG: Conan... Message-ID: When are they going to be on Conan? Signed, ÁÁNicholas Wolf ÁÁTMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 01:54:08 -0600 From: "makebase" Subject: TMBG: Re: Conan... Message-ID: <9lt4b4$1q3f$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Nicholas Wolf wrote in message news:OBEJKCONOOCJPIKHLPGIOEFOCCAA.refund@nmt.edu... > When are they going to be on Conan? > > Signed, > Nicholas Wolf > TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico September 7, Mr. Ambassador. -- Shaun www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 02:02:57 -0600 From: "makebase" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. Message-ID: <9lt4rj$1qkb$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Lao M. Wach wrote in message news:9lsp7h$1eu1$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > he's giving you helpful advise for your benefit so you don't look like a > friggin idiot when you post before knowing all the facts. take some time to > read, that's what this is for, *reading* *informing* *tmbging* not for lazy > arrogant readers like you to jus yell at the ones trying to help. > grrrrrrrrrr..... watch it, I might jus get mean. Just how do you pronounce "tmbging?" tee-em-bee-JEE-eeng tumb-GEENG temb-JEENG tee-em-BEE-jeeng Yeah, I know, I'm beeing a smart a--. I don't mean it to be mean. I don't think you should shut up either, Scratch. -- Shaun www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:41:16 -0400 From: "Chris" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. Message-ID: <9lts16$2d68$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org well then i will give "scratch" some advice. if you are going to make a post, make it totally clear and full of everything you are going to say. don't post then make another post right after it. make sure the first says what you mean. and i don't appreciate being told what to do from any people i don't know. this includes Lao and makebase. now i am sure you are all intelligent people, but leave me alone. i just want to read tmbg news and occasionally make posts. personally, i am not in the best mood right now, so telling me i am an idiot b/c someone else posted on a tmbg newslist about moxy furvous. well i am sorry but tmbg is what i am here reading about. and being the purist that i am, don't think so many posts should be about moxy furvous or cake or jimmy eat world. chris if you don't like me, that is your problem makebase wrote in message news:9lt4rj$1qkb$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > Lao M. Wach wrote in message > news:9lsp7h$1eu1$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > > > he's giving you helpful advise for your benefit so you don't look like a > > friggin idiot when you post before knowing all the facts. take some time > to > > read, that's what this is for, *reading* *informing* *tmbging* not for > lazy > > arrogant readers like you to jus yell at the ones trying to help. > > grrrrrrrrrr..... watch it, I might jus get mean. > > > Just how do you pronounce "tmbging?" > > tee-em-bee-JEE-eeng > tumb-GEENG > temb-JEENG > tee-em-BEE-jeeng > > Yeah, I know, I'm beeing a smart a--. I don't mean it to be mean. I don't > think you should shut up either, Scratch. > > -- > Shaun > www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ > > > > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:57:15 EDT From: SCJoniGuy@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Introducing: Newbie Message-ID: <5f.1997e3db.28b3d0cb@aol.com> Hi all, Been reading the posts for a couple of days now, and just thought I'd intro myself...I've been a TMBG fan ever since the first vinyl release (I get the feeling that I'm older than most of you) and am REALLY looking forward to Mink Car. Last saw them at The Ritz in Raleigh NC this year...how cool that they recorded that show off the sbd and made it available for fans. I couldn't believe it when they played (without flaw) "Fingertips"! One of those awesome concert moments. I saw the show with my sister, who may even be a bigger fan than me. I turned her on to TMBG with a sample tape that included some tracks from their first couple of records. What I like best about TMBG is their sense of melody, and most of all their sense of FUN! A much needed breath of fresh air in the world of pop music today. My favorite TMBG record: Lincoln (probably) My favorite TMBG song: Your Racist Friend (great lyric!) Anyway, I hope I can be a decent contributor here. Bob in SC ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:08:18 -0500 From: John David Crafton Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. Message-ID: <200108211508.f7LF8Q380538@ussenterprise.ufp.org> you do NOT tell scratch to shut up. -- John David Crafton scratch is king 8/20/01 11:16:24 PM, "Chris" wrote: >shut up. you just have no idea. and i don't want to get into it all right >now. > >scratch wrote in message >news:3B819FCE.362FCA1F@the-pentagon.com... >> This is why it's generally considered proper to read the email in its >> entirety before you reply. >> >> -scratch >> >> Chris wrote: >> > >> > i thought you meant tmbg too. oh well. i am still right. >> > >> > Chrissy Rockwell wrote in message >> > news:9lpicj$1hf5$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... >> > > >> > > eeek i thought you meant in the tmbg song... >> > > lo siento >> > > > hmm...maybe so. I'm not the biggest moxy fruvous fan in the world, >but I >> > > always thought he was saying "the statue made me high." >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > In a message dated Sun, 19 Aug 2001 7:16:37 PM Eastern Daylight >Time, >> > > "Chrissy Rockwell" writes: >> > > > >> > > > > the statue made me die i thought.. >> > > > >>Actually, he DOES sing "the statue made me high." >> > > >> > > > > _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:58:04 -0400 From: "Chris" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. Message-ID: <9lu0h5$2hfi$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org after some thought and stuff, i must apologize to "scratch". i don't know you and shouldn't have told you to shut up about being right. i just don't like to be wrong. i also don't like being told what to do. so to the rest of you, let "scratch" and me work this out between the two of us. this really isn't anyone elses concern. and don't tell me what to do. not a demand, just a warning. stay out of my yard, so to speak, and i will stay out of yours. so back to tmbg and not this almost pointless bickering. ok? i hope this doesn't rattle anyone too much, and actually helps us all to get along better. chris the opinionated soul (or a$$-"soul") Chris wrote in message news:9lts16$2d68$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > well then i will give "scratch" some advice. if you are going to make a > post, make it totally clear and full of everything you are going to say. > don't post then make another post right after it. make sure the first says > what you mean. and i don't appreciate being told what to do from any people > i don't know. this includes Lao and makebase. now i am sure you are all > intelligent people, but leave me alone. i just want to read tmbg news and > occasionally make posts. personally, i am not in the best mood right now, so > telling me i am an idiot b/c someone else posted on a tmbg newslist about > moxy furvous. well i am sorry but tmbg is what i am here reading about. and > being the purist that i am, don't think so many posts should be about moxy > furvous or cake or jimmy eat world. > > chris > if you don't like me, that is your problem > > > makebase wrote in message > news:9lt4rj$1qkb$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > > Lao M. Wach wrote in message > > news:9lsp7h$1eu1$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > > > > > he's giving you helpful advise for your benefit so you don't look like a > > > friggin idiot when you post before knowing all the facts. take some time > > to > > > read, that's what this is for, *reading* *informing* *tmbging* not for > > lazy > > > arrogant readers like you to jus yell at the ones trying to help. > > > grrrrrrrrrr..... watch it, I might jus get mean. > > > > > > Just how do you pronounce "tmbging?" > > > > tee-em-bee-JEE-eeng > > tumb-GEENG > > temb-JEENG > > tee-em-BEE-jeeng > > > > Yeah, I know, I'm beeing a smart a--. I don't mean it to be mean. I > don't > > think you should shut up either, Scratch. > > > > -- > > Shaun > > www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:14:29 -0500 From: "Jackie York" Subject: TMBG: Concert dates Message-ID: <008101c12993$30fe7b80$d6c20918@moline1.il.home.com> Does anyone have any info on the University of Iowa concert? Thanks! Jackie ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:24:02 -0600 From: "makebase" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. Message-ID: <9lu2c8$2jrk$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org I don't want to step on your toes any more, but, anything you say on the list is going to be read by and could potentially responded to by anyone else on the list. Such is the nature of the list. In a sense, you "come into our yard" by posting here. I don't want to discourage you from saying anything you want to here, but when you do, anyone can respond and that's their right to do so. That said, I'm sure no one wants to pick a fight. After all, we are all part of the enlightened few who know what truly great music is, eh? -- Shaun www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ Chris wrote in message news:9lu0h5$2hfi$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > after some thought and stuff, i must apologize to "scratch". i don't know > you and shouldn't have told you to shut up about being right. i just don't > like to be wrong. i also don't like being told what to do. so to the rest of > you, let "scratch" and me work this out between the two of us. this really > isn't anyone elses concern. and don't tell me what to do. not a demand, just > a warning. stay out of my yard, so to speak, and i will stay out of yours. > so back to tmbg and not this almost pointless bickering. ok? i hope this > doesn't rattle anyone too much, and actually helps us all to get along > better. > > chris > the opinionated soul (or a$$-"soul") ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:36:41 -0600 From: "makebase" Subject: TMBG: Re: Concert dates Message-ID: <9lu343$2kk9$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org I can't help you there. I have a related question though. On tickets.com, there are two listings for 9/20 in Sacramento, CA, both at Cal State-Sac, BUT the older of the two says "Union Ballroom" as the venue and the newer one (added in the last day or two) says "University Theatre" as the venue. Does this mean that they are playing two shows that day, perhaps one open to the public and one not (as in the two Portland shows a few days earlier)? Or maybe they switched venues and haven't removed the old information? I won't make it to either show as Sacramento is "a full day's drive away," but I try to keep my tour dates list up to date and I want to know if I should be adding a second show in Sac-town. -- Shaun www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ Jackie York wrote in message news:008101c12993$30fe7b80$d6c20918@moline1.il.home.com... Does anyone have any info on the University of Iowa concert? Thanks! Jackie ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:58:38 -0500 From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. Message-ID: <3B82933E.11FF6522@uswest.net> hey, if you have issues with scratch, send it to him, not the entire list. No offense, but, by commenting here, you the risk of being pounced on by anyone (and, quite possibly, everyone). If you hadn't noticed, we comment on & respond to everything that come through this list. Nuff said. Have a nice day. Come again. =) 'Welcome to the Jungle' Jim Mohan TMBG Ambassador to MN Chris wrote: > after some thought and stuff, i must apologize to "scratch". i don't know > you and shouldn't have told you to shut up about being right. i just don't > like to be wrong. i also don't like being told what to do. so to the rest of > you, let "scratch" and me work this out between the two of us. this really > isn't anyone elses concern. and don't tell me what to do. not a demand, just > a warning. stay out of my yard, so to speak, and i will stay out of yours. > so back to tmbg and not this almost pointless bickering. ok? i hope this > doesn't rattle anyone too much, and actually helps us all to get along > better. > > chris > the opinionated soul (or a$$-"soul") > > Chris wrote in message > news:9lts16$2d68$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > > well then i will give "scratch" some advice. if you are going to make a > > post, make it totally clear and full of everything you are going to say. > > don't post then make another post right after it. make sure the first says > > what you mean. and i don't appreciate being told what to do from any > people > > i don't know. this includes Lao and makebase. now i am sure you are all > > intelligent people, but leave me alone. i just want to read tmbg news and > > occasionally make posts. personally, i am not in the best mood right now, > so > > telling me i am an idiot b/c someone else posted on a tmbg newslist about > > moxy furvous. well i am sorry but tmbg is what i am here reading about. > and > > being the purist that i am, don't think so many posts should be about moxy > > furvous or cake or jimmy eat world. > > > > chris > > if you don't like me, that is your problem > > > > > > makebase wrote in message > > news:9lt4rj$1qkb$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > > > Lao M. Wach wrote in message > > > news:9lsp7h$1eu1$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > > > > > > > he's giving you helpful advise for your benefit so you don't look like > a > > > > friggin idiot when you post before knowing all the facts. take some > time > > > to > > > > read, that's what this is for, *reading* *informing* *tmbging* not for > > > lazy > > > > arrogant readers like you to jus yell at the ones trying to help. > > > > grrrrrrrrrr..... watch it, I might jus get mean. > > > > > > > > > Just how do you pronounce "tmbging?" > > > > > > tee-em-bee-JEE-eeng > > > tumb-GEENG > > > temb-JEENG > > > tee-em-BEE-jeeng > > > > > > Yeah, I know, I'm beeing a smart a--. I don't mean it to be mean. I > > don't > > > think you should shut up either, Scratch. > > > > > > -- > > > Shaun > > > www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:23:38 -0500 From: John David Crafton Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. Message-ID: <200108211723.f7LHNk389273@ussenterprise.ufp.org> 8/21/01 10:58:04 AM, "Chris" wrote: >isn't anyone elses concern. and don't tell me what to do. not a demand, just >a warning. stay out of my yard, so to speak, and i will stay out of yours. a warning? what could you possibly do? -- JDC pissing people off since 1873 _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:49:15 -0600 From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: NON TMBG: Recent explosion of violence? Message-ID: Uhm... ÁÁI realize that the weather pretty much sucks everywhere right now, so that's what I'll officially blame for this apparent outbreak of hostility on the list. The only thing I ask (read: request, not demand) is that you take your flame war off the list? I, probably like many people here, do not care to receive, much less read through, your argument. Now, I know tempers are high, and all that, but for the sake of dignity (and forgive the cliche`) can't we all just get along? Signed, ÁÁNicholas Wolf ÁÁTMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:33:31 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Recent explosion of violence? Message-ID: As a fellow Ambassador, I would like to endorse the views expressed by my learned colleague. Actually on a serious note can I just add that this flame war is also just a bit tedious - we all have better things to discuss. Regards Richard - Ambassador to the UK >>> "Nicholas Wolf" 21/08/01 18:49:15 >>> Uhm... ÁÁI realize that the weather pretty much sucks everywhere right now, so that's what I'll officially blame for this apparent outbreak of hostility on the list. The only thing I ask (read: request, not demand) is that you take your flame war off the list? I, probably like many people here, do not care to receive, much less read through, your argument. Now, I know tempers are high, and all that, but for the sake of dignity (and forgive the cliche`) can't we all just get along? Signed, ÁÁNicholas Wolf ÁÁTMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service. _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:44:41 EDT From: SCJoniGuy@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Flames and McSweeney's Message-ID: <> It reminds me of that Wall of Voodoo song, "Back In Flesh", where Stan is saying "You Can't Tell Me What to Do" repeatedly and finally the guy answers back in a semi-calm fashion "Hey, F*ck You!"...I laughed for days when I first heard that one! Anyway, I ordered that McSweeney's mag & CD, but haven't rec'd it yet...I don't mind a spoiler - what do y'all think about it? Bob ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:05:55 GMT From: arfy@catch-22.org (Yogi) Subject: TMBG: Re: toronto show.. Message-ID: <3b82bd49.239358@news.i-2000.com> Organization: Jellystone Park On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:39:21 -0400, scratch wrote: >I go to school in Rochester at RIT. I don't know how feasible lodging >would be, especially considering my housing situation for this year >(grr), but *maybe* something could be worked out if you're going and you >can't find anywhere else. > Plus it's a pretty far ride - I've been spoiled lately, I'll grab a hotel up in toronto. (if I go). you're about 3 hours from toronto, right? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:10:26 -0400 From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: eeee. Message-ID: <9luigq$2qn$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org I am not sure to who you were replying with this but I did read the entire post.. there were too many improper pronouns to know which "he" was being referred to. This confusion and your suggestion of course, is no reason go go crazy in the manner that has happened since. Chrissy > This is why it's generally considered proper to read the email in its > entirety before you reply. > > -scratch > > Chris wrote: > > > > i thought you meant tmbg too. oh well. i am still right. > > > > Chrissy Rockwell wrote in message > > news:9lpicj$1hf5$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > > > > > > eeek i thought you meant in the tmbg song... > > > lo siento > > > > hmm...maybe so. I'm not the biggest moxy fruvous fan in the world, but I > > > always thought he was saying "the statue made me high." > > > > > > > > > > > > In a message dated Sun, 19 Aug 2001 7:16:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > > > "Chrissy Rockwell" writes: > > > > > > > > > the statue made me die i thought.. > > > > >>Actually, he DOES sing "the statue made me high." > > > > > > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 01:35:50 +0000 From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Re: eeee. Message-ID: Chris: >well then i will give "scratch" some advice. if you are going to make a >post, make it totally clear and full of everything you are going to say. >don't post then make another post right after it. So he's not allowed to forget things? (Admittedly, I don't really remember the circumstances involved in scratch's two posts, but I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with posting twice. We all make mistakes occasionally.) >and i don't appreciate being told what to do from any people >i don't know. Hey, you! Paint my fence! Now! >now i am sure you are all intelligent people I'm not. >well i am sorry but tmbg is what i am here reading about. and >being the purist that i am, don't think so many posts should be about moxy >furvous or cake or jimmy eat world. Um, the posts were about how these bands related to TMBG. Are you such a "purist" that you refuse to admit to the existence of other bands, even when they're directly related to TMBG? >if you don't like me, that is your problem I don't know you well enough to like or dislike you, but I think people here should ease up on calling each other idiots (and that goes to both Chris and the people criticizing him). -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 01:40:43 +0000 From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Introducing: Newbie Message-ID: Bob in SC: >Been reading the posts for a couple of days now, and just thought I'd intro >myself...I've been a TMBG fan ever since the first vinyl release (I get the >feeling that I'm older than most of you) Probably. That came out when I was nine, and I wasn't listening to TMBG back then. >and am REALLY looking forward to Mink Car. As well you should be! >Last saw them at The Ritz in Raleigh NC this year...how cool that they >recorded that show off the sbd and made it available for fans. I couldn't >believe it when they played (without flaw) "Fingertips"! Without flaws? You mean Flansburgh didn't sing "I turned around" BEFORE "I heard a sound"? >Anyway, I hope I can be a decent contributor here. Just avoid bitching at people for making two posts, or whatever is going on in that other thread, and you'll be fine. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:42:37 EDT From: Vazco@aol.com Subject: TMBG: announcement from Mr excitement... Message-ID: <7f.192dc5be.28b4680d@aol.com> From this day on, I am making Mr.Excitement my official theme music, i want it played as i enter a room, a la Hail to the Chief... and whoever says this is NOT tmbg is simply misguided. If its says tmbg on the label, its good enough for me. Cafe con pan, mario Everyone licking up to the kingpin..... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:03:39 -0400 From: "Marcus B" Subject: TMBG: Re: announcement from Mr excitement... Message-ID: <9lv3u2$jms$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org > wrote in message news:7f.192dc5be.28b4680d@aol.com... >From this day on, I am making Mr.Excitement my official theme music Everybody knows I am Mr. Xcitement. You can't even spell Mr. Xcitement correctly! Rock on, Mr. Xcitement (AKA Marcus) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:10:08 EDT From: Film2Edit@aol.com Subject: TMBG: After Tower Records show... Message-ID: <9.1a4c0724.28b46e80@aol.com> Though not officially yet, but there's a good chance I should be at Tower Records September 10th for TMBG's appearence there. If anyone is interested in getting together to get food or something, or just even hanging out after the show, please drop a line. Wouldn't mind organizing something. -Erika ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:10:30 -0700 From: "Bryan T. Hoerber" Subject: Re: TMBG: announcement from Mr excitement... Message-ID: <5.1.0.14.2.20010821190952.00abf5c0@mail.aviationpage.com> Where might one find Mr. Excitement? So that we can have your music on 8-Track ready to go. At 06:42 PM 8/21/2001, you wrote: > From this day on, I am making Mr.Excitement my official theme music, i want >it played as i enter a room, a la Hail to the Chief... >and whoever says this is NOT tmbg is simply misguided. If its says tmbg on >the label, its good enough for me. > >Cafe con pan, > >mario > >Everyone licking up to the kingpin..... ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 02:13:40 From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: announcement from Mr excitement... Message-ID: >From: "Marcus B" >Reply-To: "Marcus B" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Re: announcement from Mr excitement... >Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:03:39 -0400 > > > wrote in message news:7f.192dc5be.28b4680d@aol.com... > >From this day on, I am making Mr.Excitement my official theme music > >Everybody knows I am Mr. Xcitement. You can't even spell Mr. Xcitement >correctly! > >Rock on, > >Mr. Xcitement (AKA Marcus) > > Boy, I just thought of a really great idea for a remake of Spartacus... _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:15:36 EDT From: Vazco@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: announcement from Mr excitement... Message-ID: <133.66b186.28b46fc8@aol.com> In a message dated 8/21/01 10:04:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, marcusb@alltel.net writes: > Everybody knows I am Mr. Xcitement. You can't even spell Mr. Xcitement > correctly! > > Rock on, > > Mr. Xcitement (AKA Marcus) > > > > > > I vow to you, the original and properly spelling MR.Xcitement!! Touche my friend... Lets just hand around in different circles and all will be well.. Mario ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:28:24 -0400 From: Nom Anor Subject: TMBG: Re: toronto show.. Message-ID: <3B8318C8.3C35CF64@naboo.cx> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org I'm officially going to drive to Toronto for the show! Anyone knows when/where the tickets will be available?? Yogi wrote: > On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:39:21 -0400, scratch > wrote: > > >I go to school in Rochester at RIT. I don't know how feasible lodging > >would be, especially considering my housing situation for this year > >(grr), but *maybe* something could be worked out if you're going and you > >can't find anywhere else. > > > > Plus it's a pretty far ride - I've been spoiled lately, I'll grab a > hotel up in toronto. (if I go). > you're about 3 hours from toronto, right? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:36:14 -0400 From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: announcement from Mr excitement... Message-ID: <9lv5ls$lq4$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Maybe flans wrote it with bb... over phone and fax machine ;-) Chrissy ------- Ill be over by the Burt Bacharach section, singing the title track from the soon to be released LP "Mink Car".... Mario If Im not the sole fool, who pulls this freakshow down.... ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 00:35:05 EDT From: Gegatron@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Ok here's the list! Message-ID: Sorry about the gigantic delay, but here is the list of songs you kids would like to hear on TMBG Unlimited (but won't get mad if they aren't made available). I'm gonna mail it out tomorrow. I'll take some last minute requests. Thanks for your support! Songs What is Everyone Staring At- 10 Thunderbird- 9 It's So Loud In Here(DAS.com version)- 8 No Answer- 7 4 of 2 (original DAS version)- 5 Finished with Lies (DAS original version)- 5 Hovering Sombrero (Spanish verse version)- 3 On the Drag (DAS version)-3 Anything by John and John before TMBG was formed- 2 Cupid (DAS)- 2 It's Not a Game- 2 Monster (Malcolm musical track)- 2 Next Plane to London- 2 Older (Factory Showroom Sessions)-2 Tumbleweed- 2 Apollo 18 Demos- 1 Birdhouse Demo- 1 Bread Hair (DAS)- 1 Cyclops Rock (with Doughty)-1 Don't Cry (Malcolm) - 1 Edith Head (butcher bros. Session?)- 1 The Guitar (demo version) - 1 Hotel California (Cover) - 1 How Much Cake Can You Eat (DAS)- 1 King of Wingo (DAS)- 1 Kyoko Come Home- 1 Mr. Cinderella (DAS)- 1 Mysterioso- 1 Nice is Good (Malcolm)- 1 Shaking Down cupid (DAS)- 1 Triborough Bridge-1 Unreliable Narrator- 1 Without You (DAS)- 1 Working Undercover for the Man (DAS acoustic)- 1 Writing's On the Wall (DAS)- 1 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 00:49:35 -0400 From: "Chris" Subject: TMBG: a statement from chris (somewhat of a reply to eeee) Message-ID: <9lvdnq$tk0$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org i must make know some things. i am a tmbg fanatic. i also don't like being told what to do. now i understand that nobody really wants me posting on this tmbg list as a personal attack against anyone else. now, personally, that can sometimes be difficult b/c i am highly opinionated. the combination of being opinionated and being independent (not being told what to do/say/feel/etc) can be interesting and irritating. so i do have problems with some things that have been said to me and about me, as well as thing i have said to others being unwelcome and uncalled for. now i don't want the original post about misreading to be the problem. that was my mistake. but the way you told me was not the nicest it could have been. seems we are both at fault. now being newer to the list, i don't know too many people all that well. and i don't see why i am being called an f-in idiot for misreading. i mean if you want to say that to me, email me. the original post telling scratch to shut up was half in jest anyway. i didn't think people would take it so seriously. i mean, come on, it wasn't even too you (well except scratch). but also, my mistake for posting it, not emailing it. i will try to email personal disputes from now on. also, mistakes are allowed. that is my bad. if you mess up and need to post again, go ahead, just keep in mind it's more for the list to read. thanks. so to recap. i don't like being told what to do. i will not post anything (after this) that isn't tmbg or related. i will email, not post messages of personal conflict on this (or any other) list. thanks for you time and (hopefully) understanding chris a dichotomy of emotions and beliefs ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:03:15 -0700 From: "Bryan T. Hoerber" Subject: Re: TMBG: announcement from Mr excitement... Message-ID: <5.1.0.14.2.20010821220231.00aba8c8@mail.aviationpage.com> Looks down his Mink Car Tracklist and mutters "Mr. Excitement, Mr. Excitement. Whew safe, don't see it on here" At 07:17 PM 8/21/2001, you wrote: >In a message dated 8/21/01 10:11:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, >alphafoxtrot@aviationpage.com writes: > > >> >>Where might one find Mr. Excitement? So that we can have your music on >>8-Track ready to go. >> > > >Ill be over by the Burt Bacharach section, singing the title track from the >soon to be released LP "Mink Car".... > > >Mario > >If Im not the sole fool, who pulls this freakshow down.... ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #44-22 ******************************