Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 44, Number 24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 44, Number 24 Friday, 24 August 2001 Topics: Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! TMBG: Re: i love you allllll :) Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show TMBG: WMBGT RESULTS!!! Re:TMBG: fairfax fair show Re: TMBG: Possible virus being sent from Re: TMBG: WMBGT RESULTS!!! Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show TMBG: Test post. Re: TMBG: WMBGT RESULTS!!! Re: TMBG: Possible virus being sent from tshibona@speednets.com Re[2]: TMBG: Possible virus being sent from tshibona@speedn TMBG: Speaking of WMBG... TMBG: Re: Speaking of WMBG... Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! TMBG: Re: i love you allllll :) TMBG: Setlists Re:TMBG: Re: i love you allllll :) TMBG: Re: Setlists TMBG: Re: Setlists TMBG: Re: i love you allllll :) Re: TMBG: Re: Setlists TMBG: Delurking and needs direction TMBG: Re: Delurking and needs direction NON-TMBG: RE: TMBG: Re: Delurking and needs direction Re: TMBG: Delurking and needs direction Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:26:39 -0400 From: "Matt Breslin" Subject: Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show Message-ID: I once put my head down on the stage and went to sleep at a TMBG show. >From: Furfr@aol.com >Reply-To: Furfr@aol.com >To: >Subject: Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show >Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:20:27 EDT > >I was there. I thought they were in relatively good spirits, although I >have to say, every single comment and joke they made that night went >completely over my head, which was a first. From the posts on the >newsgroup, it sounds like they had planned a full set but were asked to cut >it right before the show. People posted scans of the setlist, which had >half of the songs crossed out. It was originally a good list. > >I've missed the past few fairfax shows, so I can't compare to those. (I >have seen them play great festival shows, though, including taste of DC). >But I haven't heard them play that horribly in a long, long time. > >jen > >In a message dated Wed, 22 Aug 2001 3:43:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, >"Chris" writes: > > > hey did anyone see the fairfax fair show in va a few months ago? i was >there and we a little disappointed with the show. it was only about 45 >minutes to an hour, with typical tmbg song (nothing new or exciting) and >they seemed like they didn't want to be there. now if anyone else was >there, could i have your opinion on the show? and to people not there, have >you been to shows like this, that are subpar, as compared to other tmbg >shows? > > > > thanks for the input > > > > chris > > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:52:26 -0400 From: "Matt Breslin" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! Message-ID: Did you know that some TMBG fans have a lot of the songs on that list and they are not sharing? >From: "John Ferrer" >Reply-To: "John Ferrer" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! >Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:28:55 > >You know, the problem with voting is that pretty much anybody who votes for >one song would probably vote for all of them. It's a great list, and I >can't >imagine anyone saying "No! I don't want any of these songs except THIS one! >Everything else can just go to hell!" No. I don't think anyone would be >angry about seeing any of those songs on EMusic. And like someone said, the >numbers aren't persuasive at all. I think a better idea would be to either >just send the list, numbers free, and introduce it with the angle that fans >would like to hear these songs if they'd like to give them to us (and maybe >mention regardless of quality, so they won't pull the modesty bit) or you >could have everybody sort of sign the whole list like a petition instead of >voting on individual songs. You know, "37 fans have approved these songs as >something they'd love to see on Unlimited, and 37 fans can't be wrong." >Just >some ideas. (And maybe slightly biased, seeing as how about four of the >one-voters were mine.) > > >>From: "Richard Hilton" >>Reply-To: "Richard Hilton" >>To: , >>Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! >>Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:56:16 +0100 >> >>How about this as a possible message? >> >>Folks >> >>This is the shortlist for TMBG Unlimited. Please email :- >>Gegatron@aol.com >> >>with you top ten.NOW! >> >>The shortlist is :- >> >>What is Everyone Staring At- 10 >>Thunderbird- 9 >>It's So Loud In Here(DAS.com version)- 8 >>No Answer- 7 >>4 of 2 (original DAS version)- 5 >>Finished with Lies (DAS original version)- 5 >>Hovering Sombrero (Spanish verse version)- 3 >>On the Drag (DAS version)-3 >>Anything by John and John before TMBG was formed- 2 >>Cupid (DAS)- 2 >>It's Not a Game- 2 >>Monster (Malcolm musical track)- 2 >>Next Plane to London- 2 >>Older (Factory Showroom Sessions)-2 >>Tumbleweed- 2 >>Apollo 18 Demos- 1 >>Birdhouse Demo- 1 >>Bread Hair (DAS)- 1 >>Cyclops Rock (with Doughty)-1 >>Don't Cry (Malcolm) - 1 >>Edith Head (butcher bros. Session?)- 1 >>The Guitar (demo version) - 1 >>Hotel California (Cover) - 1 >>How Much Cake Can You Eat (DAS)- 1 >>King of Wingo (DAS)- 1 >>Kyoko Come Home- 1 >>Mr. Cinderella (DAS)- 1 >>Mysterioso- 1 >>Nice is Good (Malcolm)- 1 >>Shaking Down cupid (DAS)- 1 >>Triborough Bridge-1 >>Unreliable Narrator- 1 >>Without You (DAS)- 1 >>Working Undercover for the Man (DAS acoustic)- 1 >>Writing's On the Wall (DAS)- 1 >> >>Thanks >>etc. etc. >>Do you think this would work? >> >>Richard >> >> >>> "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" 22/08/01 16:53:41 >>> >>Richard Hilton: >> >Good point but maybe if we all use this list as a first cut and vote on >> >this selection? >> >>Might be a good idea, but how would we go about voting? There should be a >>set system for it. >>-- >>May the light shine upon thee, >>Nathan >>DinnerBell@tmbg.org >>http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ >> >> >>_________________________________________________________________ >>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp >> >> >>_____________________________________________________________________ >>This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet >>delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further >>information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call >>Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service. >> >> >>_____________________________________________________________________ >>This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet >>delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further >>information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call >>Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service. > > >_________________________________________________________________ >Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 04:21:12 -0600 From: "makebase" Subject: TMBG: Re: i love you allllll :) Message-ID: <9m2lgg$th0$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Lao M. Wach wrote in message news:9m25mq$evt$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > rocks! I love tmbg!! linnell!!!!! flansburgh!!! perfect chocolate and peanut > butter mix!!! yeah !! rock on!! ( that's enough?.... ok) Okay, which one is chocolate and which one is peanut butter? -- Shaun www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 05:35:20 -0500 From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" Subject: Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show Message-ID: <3B84DC68.6B0F6094@uswest.net> You must have been REALLY TIRED. Matt Breslin wrote: > I once put my head down on the stage and went to sleep at a TMBG show. > > >From: Furfr@aol.com > >Reply-To: Furfr@aol.com > >To: > >Subject: Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show > >Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:20:27 EDT > > > >I was there. I thought they were in relatively good spirits, although I > >have to say, every single comment and joke they made that night went > >completely over my head, which was a first. From the posts on the > >newsgroup, it sounds like they had planned a full set but were asked to cut > >it right before the show. People posted scans of the setlist, which had > >half of the songs crossed out. It was originally a good list. > > > >I've missed the past few fairfax shows, so I can't compare to those. (I > >have seen them play great festival shows, though, including taste of DC). > >But I haven't heard them play that horribly in a long, long time. > > > >jen > > > >In a message dated Wed, 22 Aug 2001 3:43:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > >"Chris" writes: > > > > > hey did anyone see the fairfax fair show in va a few months ago? i was > >there and we a little disappointed with the show. it was only about 45 > >minutes to an hour, with typical tmbg song (nothing new or exciting) and > >they seemed like they didn't want to be there. now if anyone else was > >there, could i have your opinion on the show? and to people not there, have > >you been to shows like this, that are subpar, as compared to other tmbg > >shows? > > > > > > thanks for the input > > > > > > chris > > > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 07:33:16 EDT From: Furfr@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show Message-ID: <7f.193d4b24.28b643fc@aol.com> Was that because you felt all comfortable and secure? >>Matt Breslin wrote: >>I once put my head down on the stage and went to sleep at a TMBG show. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:35:53 -0400 From: "Father Bingo" Subject: TMBG: WMBGT RESULTS!!! Message-ID: <9m2vul$1673$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Here it is! The results of the track voting for We Might Be Giants Too, the fan-made tribute album. Excitement! But first, a word from our sponsor... Voting was held from July 4 - August 3 at http://go.to/wmbgt/ . The top 15 songs will be on the upcoming WMBGT#2 cd. The rest are "wild cards," and they will appear on the cd if 1)we have enough room and 2)if we cannot get in contact with a "top 15" artist. We received over 300 votes (324 to be exact). The ColdFusion broke halfway through counting, was restored, and then I hand-counted everything to make sure it was correct. IF YOU ARE AN ARTIST IN THE TOP 15: contact me asap. we need to discuss words for the cd, submitting non mp3 versions, and so forth. IF YOU ARE A WILD CARD ARTIST: you should also contact me an give me your current contact information. we will try to fit as many songs on as possible. with luck, we might even get them all on. who knows. we will try. but for now, we need to make clear which songs might be cut. If YOU ARE NEITHER, BUT STILL WANT TO RECORD TMBG COVER TUNES: record em and post em as mp3s at http://www.twistid.com/tmbg . We will have a nice interface between our site and Twistid eventually. in fact, all of these songs are currently hosted there, so you can go download all the songs and make your own cd. neat. and finally, I am loking for two more things to make WMBGT#2 totally rocking.... 1. TMBG inspired art work for the interactive portion. paintings, cartoons... we already have an animated cartoon by TV's Kyle which is sooo cool. 2. Someone with interactive CD-making skills. I could do it in Flash, but there must be a better way. If you can help out in either way, please email me directly. also please note, to avoid hurt feelings, the order of these songs in no way reflects the number of votes each received, with the exception of the 3 categories (top 15, next 5, and the rest). in other words, the order here is not in order of who got the most votes. and now, the results.... --top 15-- Mammal / Which Describes How You're Feeling by Trigger Goldberg Istanbul by Cornell Big Red Marching Band Sensurround by Blue Peter Schnitzel Sleepwalkers by Minor Technicality Pencil Rain by TV's Kyle Spy by the Rachel Nevadas Piece of Dirt by Smokey and the Goose Cowtown by Duncan Disorderly Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head by Men From Earth They'll Need A Crane ny The Last 40 Seconds Particle Man by Captain Ahab Moving To The Sun by Father Bingo and the Legion of Decency Dr. Worm by Kevin Silvia Turn Around by Brian Betancourt Everything Right Is Wrong Again by Carol Cleveland Sings --wild cards : the next 5-- (these 5 will most likely be on based on room, but I'm saying no now just to be safe) Ana Ng by Triangleman Rhythm Section Want Ad by Los Hombres de Rock and Roll Cabbagetown by In Need of Counseling Darkened Corridors by Daniel Benton Nightgown of the Sullen Moon by Mailbox w/ Duncan Disorderly --wild cards : the rest --- (in case of lost contact and extra room) Sleeping In The Flowers by The Shoes Till My Head Falls Off by Brandon Turok Exquisite Dead Guy by The Ever Expanding Svuccholes I Blame You by The Fluid Imbibers Hide Away Folk Family by Harlan and Company Rest Awhile by Colin Timothy Gagnon Mrs. Train by Chris Sabatini Metal Detector by Lawrence Solomon Older by Tal Peretz Ana Ng by Mark Gloster They'll Need A Crane by Johnny Romania ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:27:03 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Re:TMBG: fairfax fair show Message-ID: <3053348182@sterl.com> Sounds like their new "emotionally unavailable" theme has kicked in.... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: fairfax fair show Author: Chris Date: 08/22/01 3:39 PM hey did anyone see the fairfax fair show in va a few months ago? i was there and we a little disappointed with the show. it was only about 45 minutes to an hour, with typical tmbg song (nothing new or exciting) and they seemed like they didn't want to be there. now if anyone else was there, could i have your opinion on the show? and to people not there, have you been to shows like this, that are subpar, as compared to other tmbg shows? thanks for the input chris ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:47:24 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Possible virus being sent from tshibona@speednets.com Message-ID: I don't know if it is someone on this list but Star Helpdesk tell me that they discovered a possible virus or unauthorised code (such as a joke program or trojan) in an email sent to me. It came from :- tshibona@speednets.com Is this someone on the list?! If so please do something about it! Thanks Richard _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:16:05 EDT From: Film2Edit@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: WMBGT RESULTS!!! Message-ID: <9b.19f21ab7.28b66a25@aol.com> Sounds cool. When do you need art work by? -Erika ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:25:30 +0000 From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show Message-ID: Matt Breslin: >I once put my head down on the stage and went to sleep at a TMBG show. Did you then awake to a futuristic world, with flying cars and gigantic metal bugs? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:29:19 +0000 From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! Message-ID: Matt Breslin: >Did you know that some TMBG fans have a lot of the songs on that list and >they are not sharing? A lot of the old Dial-A-Songs are on the Power of Dial-A-Song compilation, and some of them are up on Twistid. The problem is that these are low-quality recordings in the first place, and they get progressively worse as they pass from one tape trader to the next. As much as the Johns warned us about low quality for the July Unlimited songs, they sounded a LOT better than they do on the fan-made compilation, or over the phone itself. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:13:04 -0400 From: "Colleen Anne McClanahan" Subject: Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show Message-ID: <00dd01c12be6$1b822130$2d3091d0@consolidate.internal.maxweb.com> | Matt Breslin: | >I once put my head down on the stage and went to sleep at a TMBG show. I had a friend with me at a TMBG show that did that once. We were standing RIGHT in front of John Linnell, and it was a low stage. She put her head between the speakers (she was wearing earplugs.) I don't think she actually fell asleep, but she DID get the weirdest look from Mr. Linnell. Colleen Anne ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:33:47 EDT From: Film2Edit@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Test post. Message-ID: <7b.19e77b2b.28b67c5b@aol.com> For some reason, a particular email of mine wasn't sending. -Erika ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:37:08 -0400 From: "Father Bingo" Subject: Re: TMBG: WMBGT RESULTS!!! Message-ID: <9m3824$1dra$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: Make Them Look um, eventually. haven't given too much thought to it yet. just wanted to run the flag up the pole and see what type of response i got before i made anything definite. but, more important that the art (which btw can be anything that can be represented on an enhanced cd... animations, movies, drawings, etc...) is to find someone with interactive cd making skills. because it doesn't make much sense to collect all these art works if we can't come up with some way to interface with it, you know? so contact me if you can help with interactive cd stuff. thanks... wrote in message news:9b.19f21ab7.28b66a25@aol.com... > Sounds cool. When do you need art work by? > > -Erika ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:45:06 EDT From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Possible virus being sent from tshibona@speednets.com Message-ID: In a message dated 8/23/01 9:47:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, RHILTON@BITC.ORG.UK writes: > I don't know if it is someone on this list but Star Helpdesk tell me that > they discovered a possible virus or unauthorised code (such as a joke > huh huh. you said trojan. DRW ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:30:04 -0400 (EDT) From: David Mccaleb Subject: TMBG: Speaking of WMBG... Message-ID: does anyone know of anywhere to get WMBG#1? Unfortunately, I wasnt into TMBG back then(what was i thinking???) thanks. d ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:03:15 -0400 From: "Father Bingo" Subject: TMBG: Re: Speaking of WMBG... Message-ID: <9m3d3j$1j1d$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: Make Them Look unfortunately, we are no longer pressing copies of the first disk. but you can get all the tracks in mp3 format at http://www.twistid.com/tmbg (just search for "we might be giants"). we also used to have the art work available for download, but our site is currently undergoing some revisions and now you can't get there from here, so here's a direct link: http://www.tmbg.org/~ondrey/album/cover.html "David Mccaleb" wrote in message news:Pine.OSF.4.31.0108231328440.14652-100000@fn3.freenet.tlh.fl.us... > does anyone know of anywhere to get WMBG#1? Unfortunately, I wasnt into > TMBG back then(what was i thinking???) > > thanks. > d > > > ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:30:27 -0400 From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! Message-ID: <9m3hun$1nnh$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org > Did you know that some TMBG fans have a lot of the songs on that list and > they are not sharing? > yes... different archivists :-( ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:31:29 -0400 From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show Message-ID: <9m3huq$1nnh$2@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org "Matt Breslin" wrote in message news:F94MF0koyaDymntjtPI00012095@hotmail.com... > I once put my head down on the stage and went to sleep at a TMBG show. > I was with him when he did this.. hahaha it was hillarious.. it was a bad show anyway ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:01:49 -0400 From: "Matt Breslin" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! Message-ID: I mean good quality recordings >From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" >Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! >Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:29:19 +0000 > >Matt Breslin: >>Did you know that some TMBG fans have a lot of the songs on that list and >>they are not sharing? > >A lot of the old Dial-A-Songs are on the Power of Dial-A-Song compilation, >and some of them are up on Twistid. The problem is that these are >low-quality recordings in the first place, and they get progressively worse >as they pass from one tape trader to the next. As much as the Johns warned >us about low quality for the July Unlimited songs, they sounded a LOT >better >than they do on the fan-made compilation, or over the phone itself. >-- >May the light shine upon thee, >Nathan >DinnerBell@tmbg.org >http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ > > >_________________________________________________________________ >Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:41:59 -0400 From: scratch Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! Message-ID: <3B855C87.6EEAB797@the-pentagon.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Matt Breslin wrote: > > Did you know that some TMBG fans have a lot of the songs on that list and > they are not sharing? Yeah, but most of the versions out there are copies of copies of copies of tapes. The quality is terrible. I already have a lot of that stuff in some form, but would like better quality versions of most of it. -scratch ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:44:57 -0400 From: scratch Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Ok here's the list! Message-ID: <3B855D39.925516A1@the-pentagon.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Matt Breslin wrote: > > I mean good quality recordings Where would they get those? I know of one such instance for one single song on that list, and they got it in a way that would not be possible with the rest of the stuff. -scratch ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:51:30 -0500 From: "Lao M. Wach" Subject: TMBG: Re: i love you allllll :) Message-ID: <9m3n2a$1t2p$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org > > rocks! I love tmbg!! linnell!!!!! flansburgh!!! perfect chocolate and > > peanut butter mix!!! yeah !! rock on!! ( that's enough?.... ok) > > Okay, which one is chocolate and which one is peanut butter? john is chocolate and john is peanut butter dan is nuts, dan is the gooey caramel, and dan is the unknown special filling. jamie lincoln kitman is the wrapper, choppingblock is the picture on the wrapper, tmbg dot is the distributer of the goodies, restless is the waiting for the mmm mmm tmbg goodness and we are the super tasters :) (any other ideas about the sally boy candy bar? playas?) wolfie mmmm tmbg sticks to the roof of my brain ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:00:15 EDT From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Setlists Message-ID: <62.13016b55.28b6bacf@aol.com> Hey, Mike (TDK) who actually writes the setlists? I have a sound board setlist from the Oberlin show in April, and it looks like most of the ones you have on your setlist page. Is the sound board list handwritten, or copied usually? Thanks. DRW ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:56:00 -0400 From: "Marcus B" Subject: TMBG: Re: Setlists Message-ID: <9m3qoe$214q$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org wrote in message news:62.13016b55.28b6bacf@aol.com... Hey, Mike (TDK) who actually writes the setlists? I have a sound board setlist from the Oberlin show in April, and it looks like most of the ones you have on your setlist page. Is the sound board list handwritten, or copied usually? Thanks. DRW ------------------------------------------------------------- I'm not 100% sure but I think Flans usually writes the setlists. Marcus ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:04:41 -0400 From: scratch Subject: TMBG: Re: Setlists Message-ID: <3B856FE9.295C080B@the-pentagon.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Marcus B wrote: > > wrote in message > news:62.13016b55.28b6bacf@aol.com... > Hey, Mike (TDK) who actually writes the setlists? I have a sound board > setlist from the Oberlin show in April, and it looks like most of the ones > you have on your setlist page. Is the sound board list handwritten, or > copied > usually? Thanks. > > DRW > ------------------------------------------------------------- > > I'm not 100% sure but I think Flans usually writes the setlists. I'm pretty sure this is the case. -scratch ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:53:49 -0600 From: "makebase" Subject: TMBG: Re: i love you allllll :) Message-ID: <9m3u2i$24kj$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Lao M. Wach wrote in message news:9m3n2a$1t2p$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org... > > > > rocks! I love tmbg!! linnell!!!!! flansburgh!!! perfect chocolate and > > > peanut butter mix!!! yeah !! rock on!! ( that's enough?.... ok) > > > > Okay, which one is chocolate and which one is peanut butter? > > john is chocolate and john is peanut butter > dan is nuts, dan is the gooey caramel, and dan is the unknown special > filling. > jamie lincoln kitman is the wrapper, choppingblock is the picture on the > wrapper, > tmbg dot is the distributer of the goodies, restless is the waiting for the > mmm mmm tmbg goodness > and we are the super tasters :) (any other ideas about the sally boy candy > bar? playas?) > > wolfie > mmmm tmbg sticks to the roof of my brain > > Speaking of Operator Dot, can I nominate her the official TMBG Ambassador to TMBG? -- Shaun www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:04:01 EDT From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Setlists Message-ID: <44.12410851.28b6d7d1@aol.com> In a message dated 8/23/01, the guys write: > > I'm not 100% sure but I think Flans usually writes the setlists. > > You know, if I wuzzunt so lazy, I'd scan it. Or maybe I will. DRW ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:18:14 -0600 From: "makebase" Subject: TMBG: Re: Delurking and needs direction Message-ID: <9m46ho$2d9j$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Doug Vincent wrote in message news:20010824000057.24001.qmail@web9608.mail.yahoo.com... > Well, first off, let me introduce myself. My name is > Doug, and I have been getting the digest form for over > a year now. Now that I have entered the realm of > college, I find that I now check my email 4-10 times a > day. That means that I can now become a contributing > member to the list. Now that formalities are over, I > have a question. Where in the world is Sauget, IL? I'm > in St. Louis and was wondering where the closest place > they were playing at was. Thanks a lot. Not a geographer, mind you, but it's been said that Sauget, IL is 5 mi. from East St. Louis. Nice to hear from ya. -- Shaun www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:46:38 -0600 From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: NON-TMBG: RE: TMBG: Re: Delurking and needs direction Message-ID: I'm from the East St. Louis area. Be careful. There's a reason for the walls on either side of the highway, and it's not sound reduction. :) Signed, ÁÁNicholas Wolf ÁÁTMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of makebase Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 6:18 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Delurking and needs direction Doug Vincent wrote in message news:20010824000057.24001.qmail@web9608.mail.yahoo.com... > Well, first off, let me introduce myself. My name is > Doug, and I have been getting the digest form for over > a year now. Now that I have entered the realm of > college, I find that I now check my email 4-10 times a > day. That means that I can now become a contributing > member to the list. Now that formalities are over, I > have a question. Where in the world is Sauget, IL? I'm > in St. Louis and was wondering where the closest place > they were playing at was. Thanks a lot. Not a geographer, mind you, but it's been said that Sauget, IL is 5 mi. from East St. Louis. Nice to hear from ya. -- Shaun www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 01:21:50 From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Delurking and needs direction Message-ID: >"Its not getting what you want, its wanting what you got." ----- The >Impossibles > Wow, the Impossibles. There's a band I never hear anyone reference. I'll use this opportunity to wholeheartedly reccomend them to any TMBG fan. It boggles my mind how they aren't immensely famous, but I'm glad they're not. (But oops, we're not allowed to talk about OTHER bands...) _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #44-24 ******************************