Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 44, Number 26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 44, Number 26 Sunday, 26 August 2001 Topics: Re: TMBG: 6 Questions on Recent TMBG Stuff Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show Re: TMBG: 99x Atlanta show Re: TMBG: 6 Questions on Recent TMBG Stuff Re: TMBG: 6 Questions on Recent TMBG Stuff Re: TMBG: 99x Atlanta show TMBG: TMBG List Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 01:17:17 -0600 From: "makebase" Subject: Re: TMBG: 6 Questions on Recent TMBG Stuff Message-ID: <9m7jg6$2idv$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Bongo wrote in message news:3B873525.6212A754@pacificnet.net... > > It's going to be a holiday-themed ep consisting of all-previously > > released > > material. Since it's a "holiday" ep rather than a strictly "Christmas" > > one, > > I'd expect "Feast of Lights" to be on there. > > I was hoping you'd say that! Hopefully it will have Mono Puff and > Johnny Hart holiday tunes too. If they exclude "Santa Claus" I won't > exactly be heartbroken but they might as well throw it for the sake of > completeness. You can fit 80 min of music on a CD. That should give them > room to include them ALL plus add a few new tracks. > Am I the only one who thinks it would be cool if it was just a bunch of NEW holiday songs? -- Shaun www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:28:06 -0400 From: "Daniel Bearl" Subject: Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show Message-ID: [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 04:31:07 -0400 From: "P. Wehner" Subject: Re: TMBG: 99x Atlanta show Message-ID: <009901c12d40$49e229c0$99b445cf@netops.mindspring.net> I ----- Original Message ----- From: Daniel Bearl To: wormwood30k@hotmail.com ; tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2001 3:28 AM Subject: Re: TMBG: fairfax fair show >I was at the On The Bricks show in Atlanta I was there, too. Along with 423784379854375943 other people who heard about the show on the radio. "Hey, They Might Be Giants! Didn't they do that Rock Me Amadeus song?" "Nah, dude, I don't think so." "Oh. Let's go anyway!" "Gnarly." >and I thought it was not as good as other TMBG shows I've seen. I'll leave that one alone. For now. > I think the main problem being the fact that it was a free outdoors music festival and thus there were many drunk people who had wandered in off the street in the croud. That and the promotion thereof by the single most inane radio station in the entire Southeastern region. Every gutterpunk I've ever seen begging for change was there in full non-bathing glory, to say nothing of the fratboys. >That and lots of moshing. And crowdsurfing. I thirsted for blood. > Plus there were some sound problems at the beginning of the show, if I remember correctly. Don't forget that the bands that opened for them were so lacking in anything resembling musical ability that it was physically painful to be within six city blocks of the show before it started, the people spilling beer all over the place, the fact that it was 346 degrees the entire time and people were packed shoulder-to-shoulder with each other. It definitely didn't smell pretty. I had to bathe twice after I left the show to get the beer-stench off. > Even still, it was better than most non-TMBG shows that I've been to, so I didn't complain. This, my friend, is where I am inclined to disagree with you. It may, quite possibly, have been one of the three most excruciating experiences of my entire life. I should have gone to see UFC instead. Patty, who will never, ever, EVER go to another 99x concert for the rest of her life, even if god is playing and martha stewart is singing backup. www.pattythebaiter.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 07:05:09 EDT From: Kaylum@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: 6 Questions on Recent TMBG Stuff Message-ID: In a message dated 8/25/2001 1:16:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ggr@pacificnet.net writes: > > >> It's going to be a holiday-themed ep consisting of all-previously released >> >> material. Since it's a "holiday" ep rather than a strictly "Christmas" one, >> >> I'd expect "Feast of Lights" to be on there. > I was hoping you'd say that! > Hopefully it will have Mono Puff and Johnny Hart holiday tunes too. If they > exclude "Santa Claus" I won't exactly be heartbroken but they might as well > throw it for the sake of completeness. You can fit 80 min of music on a CD. > That > True, but this is specifically slated as an ep...aren't there limits on how many songs an ep can have before it technically becomes an lp? Kay ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 13:20:43 EDT From: EmarZero@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: 99x Atlanta show Message-ID: > That and the promotion thereof by the single most inane radio station in the > entire Southeastern region. Every gutterpunk I've ever seen begging for > Heh heh. Were it not for my own incredible skill at keeping myself entertained, I would have gone insane. The beer-stink wasn't that bad at the VERYVERY front, where I was. Possibly because I had a firewall of underage kids between me and the nearest obnoxious drunk. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #44-26 ******************************