Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 44, Number 3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 44, Number 3 Friday, 3 August 2001 Topics: Re: TMBG: Re:Here's a review of Mink Car Re: TMBG: Re:Here's a review of Mink Car TMBG: TMBG Ambassadors and Citizens Arise! Re: TMBG: Re:Here's a review of Mink Car Re[2]: TMBG: Re:Here's a review of Mink Car TMBG: Mink Car = Sadness TMBG: Re: Mink Car = Sadness TMBG: Re: Mink Car = Sadness TMBG: Re: Mink Car = Sadness Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Car = Sadness Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Car = Sadness TMBG: Re: Last Requests! Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Car = Sadness Re: TMBG: Re: Last Requests! (none) TMBG: Non-Mink Car for a minute TMBG: Another Mink Car Review >:-| Re: TMBG: Non-Mink Car for a minute TMBG: Mink Car Review TMBG: Re: Mink Car Review Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Car Review TMBG: Vanity Plates Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:36:06 +0000 From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:Here's a review of Mink Car Message-ID: PosterKid: >In a message dated 8/1/01 6:12:53 AM, gegatron@aol.com writes: > ><< 11 My Man... A very happy song that at first sounds very gay. >> > > Interesting. Can you explain further what makes a song sound >homosexual? Well, it's called "My Man," and it's sung by a guy, so...-- -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:41:51 -0700 From: "Lao M. Wach" Subject: Re: Re:TMBG: Re:Here's a review of Mink Car Message-ID: <9kc3gq$2v7u$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C11B50.80FD44A0 Content-Type: text/plain; ÁÁcharset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable sorry to correct but i jus saw that sketch a few days ago and its "i = wish i was a girlie jus like my dear Mama"=20 wolfie ambass of iowa "i put on womens clothing and hang around in bars" ... any song that *does not* contain the lines: "I wish I was a girlie, = just like my dear Papa", that is.... << 11 My Man... A very happy song that at first sounds very gay. >> = Interesting. Can you explain further what makes a song sound = homosexual? ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C11B50.80FD44A0 Content-Type: text/html; ÁÁcharset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

sorry to correct but i = jus saw that=20 sketch a few days ago and its "i wish i was a girlie jus like my dear = Mama"=20

wolfie   ambass of = iowa
"i put on womens clothing and hang = around in=20 bars"

... any song that *does = not* contain=20 the lines:  "I wish I was a girlie, just like my dear Papa", that=20 is....
<< 11 My Man... A very happy song = that at=20 first sounds very gay. >>   Interesting.  Can you = explain=20 further what makes a song sound homosexual?
------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C11B50.80FD44A0-- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:40:55 -0600 From: "makebase" Subject: TMBG: TMBG Ambassadors and Citizens Arise! Message-ID: <9kc3hi$2v8g$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Remember all that recent talk about Restless going under? Well, the same thing was discussed in the newsgroup as well. Now, Restless may not actually be going under, but I think everyone thought just for a moment about the problems such a situation would have caused for TMBG and Mink Car if that had been the case. And, even if Restless is not going under, problems may still be in the way of Mink Car's road to platinum, or gold, or near-gold, or whatever. So, some things were discussed as to what we the fans could do to help the promotion of the album. We all recognized that we are not a record label's promo department and don't have the contacts or the financial resources, but some good ideas were tossed out for all of us to see, and I threw them up on my website at the URL in my signature. Anyway, I'm asking anyone here on the list who may be interested in doing something to help the new album to check it out and see if there is anything you could do. And, if you have any ideas to contribute, please do so. This is a great opportunity for all these new ambassadors to shine in their jurisdictions. Realistically, even through our best efforts as fans, we couldn't cause any sales records to occur, nor could we get the album to debut at #1. Such shouldn't be our goal. We CAN positively effect how often we hear TMBG played on the radio though, and even make a noticeable impact on sales. If you really want to help, please do. If not, then just keep on doing what you do. It's all good. -- Shaun www.tmbg.cc/fanpromos/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 13:59:21 -0400 From: scratch Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:Here's a review of Mink Car Message-ID: <3B6994F9.A9A1132E@the-pentagon.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org There are a few versions of it, both are correct. -scratch > "Lao M. Wach" wrote: > > > sorry to correct but i jus saw that sketch a few days ago and its "i > wish i was a girlie jus like my dear Mama" > > > wolfie ambass of iowa > "i put on womens clothing and hang around in bars" > > ... any song that *does not* contain the lines: "I wish I was a > girlie, just like my dear Papa", that is.... > << 11 My Man... A very happy song that at first sounds very gay. >> > Interesting. Can you explain further what makes a song sound > homosexual? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 14:27:53 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Re:Here's a review of Mink Car Message-ID: <3828096650@sterl.com> I've seen both versions, & the"Papa" version is infinitely funnier.... Humor lying in the unexpected, & all... Karin H ** RITUALLY EXSANGUINATE THE EXPO 67 ** (see what I mean??) %>} ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:Here's a review of Mink Car Author: scratch Date: 08/02/01 1:59 PM There are a few versions of it, both are correct. -scratch > "Lao M. Wach" wrote: > > > sorry to correct but i jus saw that sketch a few days ago and its "i > wish i was a girlie jus like my dear Mama" > > > wolfie ambass of iowa > "i put on womens clothing and hang around in bars" > > ... any song that *does not* contain the lines: "I wish I was a > girlie, just like my dear Papa", that is.... > << 11 My Man... A very happy song that at first sounds very gay. >> > Interesting. Can you explain further what makes a song sound > homosexual? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:09:13 -0400 From: "Matt Breslin" Subject: TMBG: Mink Car = Sadness Message-ID: Here is my review of Mink Car. 1. Bangs - In my opinion this is an improvement over the demo. Hooray I like it. 2. Cyclops Rock - I like this more than the demo too, but I liked Nixon. Hooray I like it. 3. Man, It's So Loud In Here - BLAH! STUPID!!! The original version is a lot better. 4. Mr. Xcitement - Possible the worst song I have ever heard in my life. 5. Another First Kiss - Blah. The original was better. I don't like this version at all. 6. I've Got A Fang - BLAH!! The Elegant Too should LEAVE SONGS ALONE! This new version is very very annoying. 7. Hovering Sombrero - Hooray! This is a good song. 8. Yeh Yeh - Eh this is an okay cover song. 9. Hopeless Bleak Despair - I love love this song. It is so sad! 10. Drink! - Blah there is no tambourine like the demo. :( 11. My Man - Hooray! I like this song. 12. Older - Older 13. Mink Car - Eh... this is okay. 14. Wicked Little Critta - BLAH!! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! I think the saddest thing about this is that a lot of people don't know how COOL this song was on dial-a-song. Then the elegant too remixed it. It is now so annoying that I can't even listen to it anymore. 15. Finished With Lies - BLAH!!!!!! Slow version better!!!! Why did they change it!? 16. She Thinks She's Edith Head - Blah. I don't like the new vocals. 17. Working Undercover For The Man - Blah. This song is boring. The original live versions from before 1999 were better. Mink Car could've been a better cd. Instead it is just annoying. It has some good songs but most of them bother me. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:49:17 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Re: Mink Car = Sadness Message-ID: <000601c11b94$98d9b9c0$10450241@mshome.net> > 8. Yeh Yeh - Eh this is an okay cover song.> Who did the original Yeh Yeh? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:48:13 -0400 From: scratch Subject: TMBG: Re: Mink Car = Sadness Message-ID: <3B69BC8D.E0822FE0@the-pentagon.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Matt Breslin wrote: > > Here is my review of Mink Car. > > 1. Bangs - In my opinion this is an improvement over the demo. Hooray I like > it. I like it better than the original except the lyrical changes. "Now she had bangs"? > 2. Cyclops Rock - I like this more than the demo too, but I liked Nixon. > Hooray I like it. This and the demo are a close call, they're both good. I think I need more time to decide which I like better. "mess up my cyclops mind" is definitely an improvement, I always thought that line was weak. Nixon should have stayed though. > 3. Man, It's So Loud In Here - BLAH! STUPID!!! The original version is a lot > better. They're both good, but I like the original better. The new version fits the lyrics better though. > 4. Mr. Xcitement - Possible the worst song I have ever heard in my life. I like it. And I don't believe you. > 5. Another First Kiss - Blah. The original was better. I don't like this > version at all. They're both good, but I think of them more as different songs. I would like a studio recording of the old version though. Does anyone know if they recorded that in the '99 sessions? > 6. I've Got A Fang - BLAH!! The Elegant Too should LEAVE SONGS ALONE! This > new version is very very annoying. I thought it was bad until the end. Baritone sax, yay! The beginning has been growing on me a bit too. > 7. Hovering Sombrero - Hooray! This is a good song. Definitely. I wonder why it took them so long to release it... > 8. Yeh Yeh - Eh this is an okay cover song. I think it's one of the best songs on the album. I kind of like the beginning to the original better though, it would have been nice if they left it that way. > 9. Hopeless Bleak Despair - I love love this song. It is so sad! Good song. > 10. Drink! - Blah there is no tambourine like the demo. :( More bass and accordian though. -=] > 11. My Man - Hooray! I like this song. I liked it more at first, but it's still really good. > 12. Older - Older LTW version was better. > 13. Mink Car - Eh... this is okay. Agreed. I think it's probably the weakest song on the album though. > 14. Wicked Little Critta - BLAH!! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! I think the saddest > thing about this is that a lot of people don't know how COOL this song was > on dial-a-song. Then the elegant too remixed it. It is now so annoying that > I can't even listen to it anymore. I think it's a lot better than the original, except for some of the intense percussion. You really don't like the added keyboard? > 15. Finished With Lies - BLAH!!!!!! Slow version better!!!! Why did they > change it!? They think it works better as a tribute this way. I also liked the slow version better, and I really hope that a quality recording of it shows up on TMBGU. > 16. She Thinks She's Edith Head - Blah. I don't like the new vocals. I *do* like the new vocals a lot, but I don't think they work well with the old recording of the music. They should have re-recorded the entire thing. > 17. Working Undercover For The Man - Blah. This song is boring. The original > live versions from before 1999 were better. The old live versions were better, but the new version has grown on me some. Not as good as it could have been, but not too bad. > Mink Car could've been a better cd. Instead it is just annoying. It has some > good songs but most of them bother me. I would have liked Unreliable Narrator a lot better, but Mink Car isn't terrible. I need more time to be sure of exactly how it compares to the other albums though. That's sad, because I was looking forward to Unreliable Narrator becoming my new favorite TMBG CD. -scratch ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:50:24 -0400 From: scratch Subject: TMBG: Re: Mink Car = Sadness Message-ID: <3B69BD10.5E0F5112@the-pentagon.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Georgie Fame and the Blue Flames. -scratch Jon wrote: > > > 8. Yeh Yeh - Eh this is an okay cover song.> > > Who did the original Yeh Yeh? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 15:59:01 -0500 From: "Lemur Lemurhead" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Car = Sadness Message-ID: Go to hell. mr xcitement is the *worst* tmbg song ever. thanks, brian _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:09:25 -0500 From: John David Crafton Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Car = Sadness Message-ID: <200108022108.f72L8ou09943@ussenterprise.ufp.org> 8/2/01 3:59:01 PM, "Lemur Lemurhead" wrote: >Go to hell. >mr xcitement is the *worst* tmbg song ever. i think that's funny, considering it's not even really a tmbg song. plus i love the song. :P _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:12:00 -0500 From: Jeff Gustafson Subject: TMBG: Re: Last Requests! Message-ID: <3B69C220.69C5845C@yahoo.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Hi there, Gegatron. Since you're sending out the list soon, I'd better add a few of my own: What is Everyone Staring At? No Answer Four of Two (DAS) Man, It's so Loud in Here (Original Session) Finished With Lies (Original Session) When Tornadoes Take Over the World On The Drag (Factory Showroom Session) Older (Factory Showroom Session) Thunderbird Next Plane to London Cupid Hovering Sombrero (DAS version w/ spanish lyrics) Thanks, and let us know what you end up requesting! Gegatron@aol.com wrote: > What TMBG tracks do you want to hear on Unlimited? I'm sending the list to > DOT on Friday. I could still use a lot of you crazy kids to email me at > Gegatron@aol.com and tell me what songs you'd like to hear. > Strangley only two people have requested the DAS version of "4 of 2" and only > two people for the Malcolm in the Middle song "Monster". > Keep em coming in kids! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 17:20:57 -0400 From: mandyshekleton Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Car = Sadness Message-ID: <3.0.6.32.20010802172057.00864c50@fisticuffs.org> At 03:59 PM 8/2/01 -0500, Lemur Lemurhead wrote: >Go to hell. >mr xcitement is the *worst* tmbg song ever. >thanks, >brian No, *your* mom. -mandy "Goth girl, who is the guy on the leash? Does he wash dishes?" (jwh) ----------- http://heck.fisticuffs.org/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:41:42 From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Last Requests! Message-ID: Am I the only one that REALLY wants a copy of the fabled cover of Yoko Ono's "Don't Worry Kyoko" sung using "faux Rod Serling voices," officially known as the first song the Johns recorded together? Have they ever flat out said they don't have a copy, or is it another case where they think we'll actually care that the quality isn't top-notch? >From: Jeff Gustafson >Reply-To: Jeff Gustafson >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Re: Last Requests! >Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:12:00 -0500 > >Hi there, Gegatron. Since you're sending out the list soon, I'd better add >a few >of my own: > >What is Everyone Staring At? >No Answer >Four of Two (DAS) >Man, It's so Loud in Here (Original Session) >Finished With Lies (Original Session) >When Tornadoes Take Over the World >On The Drag (Factory Showroom Session) >Older (Factory Showroom Session) >Thunderbird >Next Plane to London >Cupid >Hovering Sombrero (DAS version w/ spanish lyrics) > >Thanks, and let us know what you end up requesting! > > > >Gegatron@aol.com wrote: > > > What TMBG tracks do you want to hear on Unlimited? I'm sending the list >to > > DOT on Friday. I could still use a lot of you crazy kids to email me at > > Gegatron@aol.com and tell me what songs you'd like to hear. > > Strangley only two people have requested the DAS version of "4 of 2" and >only > > two people for the Malcolm in the Middle song "Monster". > > Keep em coming in kids! > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:52:23 -0700 (PDT) From: Scot Westwood Subject: (none) Message-ID: <20010802215223.51847.qmail@web10903.mail.yahoo.com> Mr. Xcitement may not be a TMBG song, but I think its one of the best Doughty songs yet, Doughty Rocks!! __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger http://phonecard.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 23:53:36 EDT From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Non-Mink Car for a minute Message-ID: <87.e047271.289b7a40@aol.com> In fact, mostly non-TMBG. Bought High Heat Major League Baseball 2002 for my computer on Monday. Good stuff. I really dug one of the soundtrack songs, so I checked out the credits to see what it was. "Super Bon Bon" by Soul Coughing. Good stuff. I like it. I saw the song was written by Michael Doughty, among others. Is he a member of Soul Coughing, or did he just write the song? I really don't know much about the band, but I see them mentioned alot on this list. Do you think I should buy their CD? If so, which one? Thanks. This part is TMBG-related. I was at the Ohio License Bureau this afternoon, getting my state ID. (I'm old enough to get my temp, but I can't. Bad grades. I blame rock music.) So, after I was done getting my ID, I was playing on the little computer that looks up to see if vanity plates are taken. and guess what? "TMBG" is not taken in Ohio. And the bastard who dares take it before I do is gonna have hell to pay. You hick. BTW, the Bureau messed up my ID. It says I'm 6'10". That's a whole foot. I'm now the tallest person I know. I can't find a way for that to be useful. If you have any suggestions, E-mail me. At least they could have made me 21. Then I could get into any TMBG concert I wanted to. Sheesh. I'm done. They call me DRW. Gladly. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 05:02:11 From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Mink Car for a minute Message-ID: Doughty was the guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter for Soul Coughing. They are absolutely fantastic. Start with Ruby Vroom, because it's the debut, and the best. If you like it, get the other two. Everyone obviously doesn't like his style, so you might not either. I can see why people woudn't like him, but they're wrong, and "Mr. Xcitement" is not only better than any Soul Coughing song, it's the best song on Mink Car. >From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com >Reply-To: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Non-Mink Car for a minute >Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 23:53:36 EDT > >In fact, mostly non-TMBG. > >Bought High Heat Major League Baseball 2002 for my computer on Monday. Good >stuff. I really dug one of the soundtrack songs, so I checked out the >credits >to see what it was. "Super Bon Bon" by Soul Coughing. Good stuff. I like >it. >I saw the song was written by Michael Doughty, among others. Is he a member >of Soul Coughing, or did he just write the song? I really don't know much >about the band, but I see them mentioned alot on this list. Do you think I >should buy their CD? If so, which one? > >Thanks. > >This part is TMBG-related. I was at the Ohio License Bureau this afternoon, >getting my state ID. (I'm old enough to get my temp, but I can't. Bad >grades. >I blame rock music.) So, after I was done getting my ID, I was playing on >the >little computer that looks up to see if vanity plates are taken. and guess >what? "TMBG" is not taken in Ohio. And the bastard who dares take it before >I >do is gonna have hell to pay. You hick. > >BTW, the Bureau messed up my ID. It says I'm 6'10". That's a whole foot. >I'm >now the tallest person I know. I can't find a way for that to be useful. If >you have any suggestions, E-mail me. > >At least they could have made me 21. Then I could get into any TMBG concert >I >wanted to. Sheesh. > >I'm done. >They call me DRW. >Gladly. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 01:08:44 -0400 From: "Marcus B" Subject: TMBG: Mink Car Review Message-ID: <9kdbkv$140f$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org 1. Bangs - Excellent. Fantastic. I like the demo version a lot, and i'm confused by the subtraction of the judge and jury line.. oh well, it's ok.. 2. Cyclops Rock - NIXON! :-( Well, I still like this version better.. the Cerys Matthews part at first frightened me when I heard about the addition of a line, and it frightened me more when I first heard it.. now I really like it. 3. Man, It's So Loud In Here - I like this, but, it should have been a B-SIDE to the rock version if It's So Loud In Here :-/ 4. Mr Xcitement - Mr Xcrement 5. Another First Kiss - ........what the hell happened? This doesn't have the same fun of the original song.. if TMBG wanted to do a song like this just right a new song guys.. 6. I've Got A Fang - Makes me so glad I bought Radio Sampler #1 when I had the chance... this version is so annoying. 7. Hovering Sombrero - WOO! One of my fav's on this CD, although it's 6 months old now, it's still great (apparently its survived 12 years without being ruined. Truely remarkable!) 8. Yeh Yeh - Come on. NO MORE COVERS. TMBG covers too many songs. They do covers live, on UnLtd, and on their albums.. too many! Leave the covers for tribute albums.. 9. Hopeless Bleak Despair - Ahahaha this is such a sad song, and yet it manages to ROCK! 10. Drink! - I like this version better than the demo now.. but it took time 11. My Man - One of the coolest sounding on this CD.. 12. Older - My favorite version of Older.. those old horn instruments rock.. the only thing this is missing is the cool ending from the FS sessions 13. Mink Car - I really like this one. It was cool of TMBG to put the demo on UnLtd so we could follow a song in the making.. I like the new lines, and the flugelhorn rocks. (I used to have a theory that any TMBG song could be significantly helped by horns, but Mr Xcrement disproved this) 14. Wicked Little Critta - The DAS version was better for one reason- NO LOUD DRUMS AT THE END. WHAT WERE THE ELEGANT TOO THINKING! 15. Finished With Lies - I REALLY enjoy this version of the song.. though the beginning sounds alot like the cover of the beatles song "Getting Better" on the Philips commercial. 16. She Thinks She's Edith Head - Eh, why?! 17. Working Undercover For The Man - This version is now depressing. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 01:30:38 -0400 From: "Joseph Andri" Subject: TMBG: Re: Mink Car Review Message-ID: <9kdd7s$40ton$1@ID-50051.news.dfncis.de> > 4. Mr Xcitement - Mr Xcrement Lex? You got this one? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 22:50:20 -0700 From: "Bryan T, Hoerber" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Car Review Message-ID: <5.1.0.14.2.20010802224853.00ac4878@mail.aviationpage.com> Oh Wow! Mr. Xcrement. That describes it perfectly!!! What I can't figure out is why they have a Doughtry song on the Mink Car CD in the first place. I mean this is a TMBG CD not a Soul Coughing or Doughtry CD. If they want to do a compilation type thing they should go back to doing the Hello club. At 10:30 PM 8/2/2001, Joseph Andri wrote: > > 4. Mr Xcitement - Mr Xcrement > >Lex? You got this one? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 22:56:34 -0700 From: "Bryan T, Hoerber" Subject: TMBG: Vanity Plates Message-ID: <5.1.0.14.2.20010802225142.00a7f1e0@mail.aviationpage.com> I got my vanity plates. I did try to get TMBG as my third choice but it was already taken. But there is always the 1337 way to spell it. After all, some people call TMBG geek rock so why not spell TMBG the 1337 way which is 7M86. I knew DRWORM was avail but I didn't want that one. Some of the other ones I was looking at were LINUX, GEEKROK, THEFLANS, and MSFT/SUX. In plates a / is a half-space. And MSFT is the stock ticker for Microsoft. Hehe. But alas I didn't get any of those. I got a funkafied way of spelling Dolphin since DOLPHIN, DALFIN, DOLFIN, etc... were taken. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #44-3 *****************************