Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #45-16 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 45, Number 16 Sunday, 16 September 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG on Fox...Let's try this again Non-TMBG: donations TMBG: I'll try this again... Re: TMBG: I'll try this again... RE: TMBG: TMBG on Fox...Let's try this again RE: TMBG: I'll try this again... TMBG: My autographed Mink Car is on it's way Re: TMBG: My autographed Mink Car is on it's way Re: TMBG: the ending of UnLtd Re: TMBG: the ending of UnLtd Re: TMBG: My autographed Mink Car is on it's way Re: TMBG: My autographed Mink Car is on it's way Re: TMBG: the ending of UnLtd TMBG: Back Digests TMBG: list: Mailer Daemon failure notices Re: TMBG: Back Digests TMBG: Any Mink Car Reviews?? TMBG: Road to Avalon TMBG: Jane Re: TMBG: Jane Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Mbrosendale@cs.com Message-ID: <155.ebf9d6.28d28d0e@cs.com> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:28:30 EDT Subject: TMBG: TMBG on Fox...Let's try this again Sorry for the incompleteness of the last post - I'm just a bit exhausted from the real life problems we are all facing. Anyway, what I was trying to say is that the Total Access 24/7 episode with Malcolm in the Middle (and the TMBG video filming) is scheduled to be on this Sunday on Fox. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 20:44:33 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: Non-TMBG: donations Message-ID: Sorry if this has already been posted to the newsgroup or something but its worth mentioning again: http://www.amazon.com/paypage/PKAXFNQH7EKCX It is going up really rapidly... its quite amazing... Thanks Josh -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ "If you and I had any brains, we wouldn't be in this place" - John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20010914012316.37649.qmail@web13608.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:23:16 -0700 (PDT) From: Jason Fickley Subject: TMBG: I'll try this again... I sent this out last night, but I don't know if it actually got through (or if anyone else has posted this info yet), because I got a mailman demon message sent back to me - so here goes nothing... Last night on VH-1 I saw a Chrysler commercial that featured Yeh Yeh, and yes, I am positive it was the TMBG version. That is all. --Jason-- __________________________________________________ Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? Donate cash, emergency relief information http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/ ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <138.17a94f4.28d2b6a5@aol.com> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 21:25:57 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: I'll try this again... yeah we got it. every time i've posted i've gotten the same message but it seems to go through just fine. Hopefully i'll never see this car commercial so i wont think of buying cars when i hear the song. ------------------------------ From: "Lee Steel" Subject: RE: TMBG: TMBG on Fox...Let's try this again Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:17:25 -0400 Message-ID: <001c01c13cc3$672853f0$6501a8c0@leesteel> I have a copy of the video in MPEG format, Anyone need it? -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of Mbrosendale@cs.com Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 6:29 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: TMBG on Fox...Let's try this again Sorry for the incompleteness of the last post - I'm just a bit exhausted from the real life problems we are all facing. Anyway, what I was trying to say is that the Total Access 24/7 episode with Malcolm in the Middle (and the TMBG video filming) is scheduled to be on this Sunday on Fox. ------------------------------ From: "Lee Steel" Subject: RE: TMBG: I'll try this again... Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 23:04:15 -0400 Message-ID: <002f01c13cc9$f0d330b0$6501a8c0@leesteel> Anyone who wants a copy of the Boss Of Me video in ASX format (viewable through Microsoft Media Player) can download it from my web site at www.megahits.com/lees . You will find it in the "Gift Shop" section. ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: <159.f608cb.28d2d0a1@aol.com> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 23:16:49 EDT Subject: TMBG: My autographed Mink Car is on it's way Well, I just checked my e-mail, and I got a message from emusic asking me to confirm my mailing address. My autographed copy will be sent within ten business days. Didn't quite receive it on my doorstep before it hit stores, but I'm glad to know it's coming. PR Mega ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 00:36:23 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: Re: TMBG: My autographed Mink Car is on it's way Message-ID: I don't know about you, but I'm glad I won't get my copy until far after people who weren't subscribed to emusic got their copy. Emusic is sort of annoying, or maybe it's TMBG that keeps screwing stuff up, but in any case I can't see keeping my subscription past December if Unlimited really ends at that point. I'll just download as much stuff as I want before then and then cancel. Anyone else severely annoyed at Emusic's constant screw-ups? RS On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 PRMega@aol.com wrote: > Well, I just checked my e-mail, and I got a message from emusic asking me to > confirm my mailing address. My autographed copy will be sent within ten > business days. Didn't quite receive it on my doorstep before it hit stores, > but I'm glad to know it's coming. > > PR Mega ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.20010914221355.007d8970@student.anu.edu.au> Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:13:55 +1000 From: Ryan Mooney Subject: Re: TMBG: the ending of UnLtd At 12:36 14-09-01 -0500, you wrote: >any case I can't see keeping my subscription past December if Unlimited >really ends at that point. I'll just download as much stuff as I want >before then and then cancel. Anyone else severely annoyed at Emusic's >constant screw-ups? I think the only thing they're guilty of is announcing services too early, saying X will be available on such-and-such a date (and then not honouring this claim). This is bad public relations, not what I'd call a "screw-up" necessarily. And I doubt TMBG UnLtd will end in December. I subscribed in March, which means eMusic is contractually obliged to provide me with TMBG UnLtd until March 2002. As they are still advertising for people to sign up, I assume eMusic will keep providing TMBG UnLtd at least until Sept. 2002 (i.e. one year's subscription starting from now). The only thing that bothers me is that they never stated they would not send the free gifts to subscribers who aren't in the US. If I want my fleece and Mink Car CD, I have to find someone in the US who will take it for me, then have eMusic send the stuff to their address, then pay extra to have it forwarded to me overseas. It's such a hassle I don't think I'll even bother claiming the free gifts. I expect to get TMBG UnLtd through until March, as I said, but I don't think I'll be renewing my subscription. Any other international subscribers who've run into problems with eMusic? - Ryan ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:20:03 -0400 (EDT) From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: the ending of UnLtd Message-ID: From Theymightbegiants.com: "They Might Be Giants Unlimited goes away forever this December, so get in n the MP3 action now!" I'd imagine current subscribers will be switched over to eMusic Unlimited. -Adam On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Ryan Mooney wrote: > And I doubt TMBG UnLtd will end in December. I subscribed in March, which > means eMusic is contractually obliged to provide me with TMBG UnLtd until > March 2002. As they are still advertising for people to sign up, I assume > eMusic will keep providing TMBG UnLtd at least until Sept. 2002 (i.e. one > year's subscription starting from now). ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BA201B6.7DE91BFF@tmbg.org> Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:10:14 -0500 From: Mitch Harding Organization: AIX kernel support and serviceability Subject: Re: TMBG: My autographed Mink Car is on it's way I agree that Emusic could have handled a lot of stuff better, but I can't honestly say that I'm annoyed at them. It doesn't cost very much money, and I'm getting a service that I value and that I would not otherwise have. I went out and bought a copy of the CD on the day it came out, and I'll just give it to someone else as a gift when I get my autographed copy. I don't feel like Emusic has done anything worth my ire. I visit the Emusic TMBG site about once a month, usually toward the middle of the month so that I can be assured that all of the tracks will be there. On the other hand, I probably won't continue to subscribe beyond December, because TMBG is really the only thing keeping me there. But, I have enjoyed downloading a lot of stuff from other artists too, so who knows? Maybe I'll keep my subscription. I know I've gotten my money's worth out of it so far. Mitch! www.mitcharf.com Ryan Staib wrote: > > I don't know about you, but I'm glad I won't get my copy until far > after people who weren't subscribed to emusic got their copy. Emusic is > sort of annoying, or maybe it's TMBG that keeps screwing stuff up, but in > any case I can't see keeping my subscription past December if Unlimited > really ends at that point. I'll just download as much stuff as I want > before then and then cancel. Anyone else severely annoyed at Emusic's > constant screw-ups? ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: My autographed Mink Car is on it's way Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:03:09 +0000 Message-ID: Ryan Staib: > I don't know about you, but I'm glad I won't get my copy until far >after people who weren't subscribed to emusic got their copy. Why's that? >Emusic is >sort of annoying, or maybe it's TMBG that keeps screwing stuff up, but in >any case I can't see keeping my subscription past December if Unlimited >really ends at that point. I'll just download as much stuff as I want >before then and then cancel. I don't know that this is possible. I seem to recall reading that, if you've signed up for a year, you pay for a year. Does anyone have any evidence otherwise? Nathan _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: the ending of UnLtd Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:05:52 +0000 Message-ID: Adam Tyner: >From Theymightbegiants.com: > >"They Might Be Giants Unlimited goes away forever this December, so get in >n the MP3 action now!" > >I'd imagine current subscribers will be switched over to eMusic >Unlimited. That seems likely, but I can imagine a lot of complaints about this, since many people signed up specifically for TMBG Unlimited, not eMusic Unlimited. I wonder how eMusic will handle this. Nathan _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:35:20 -0400 From: Leo Bicknell Subject: TMBG: Back Digests Message-ID: <20010914113520.C8994@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: United Federation of Planets I'm hoping that someone out there keeps back digest so I can complete the collection on www.tmbg.org. Right now I am missing Digests 38-3 to 38-38, 39-1 to 39-31, 40-1 to 40-30, 41-1 to 41-31, 42-1 to 42-30, 43-1 to 43-31, 44-1 to 44-31, and 45-1 to 45-13. If you have any of these and can send them to me please do. If you have more than a couple please zip them or something. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440 Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:08:59 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: TMBG: list: Mailer Daemon failure notices Message-Id: <3584531170@sterl.com> Hey now, wait just a minute!!! I've been getting these messages: >The recipient is unknown > >Warning, delivery failure! This is a status message indicating that a >message could not be delivered to 1 or more recipients. Which is just fine by me, makes perfect sense, even if I don't understand why the message could not be delivered. But now I get this message: >Hi. This is the qmail-send program at cyan.namezero.com. >I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following >addresses. >This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out. > >: >209.228.4.171 does not like recipient. >Remote host said: 550 User unknown >Giving up on 209.228.4.171. I appreciate the civility of the message & all, but why am I not consoled by the fact that the Mailer Daemon is "Sorry it didn't work out"??? And the reason that the message could not be delivered is that a number "does not like the recipient"?????? WHO THE HELL ASKED IT?????? Don't apologize, & don't give me any bullshit justifications... You're a mail-delivering machine --- Deliver My Friggin Mail!!!!!!!! Sorry bout that, folks. I'm from New York, and the strain of being "united" and "supportive" and showing "solidarity" is starting to tell. I haven't been able to tell anyone to eff off in four days now, & it's killing me.... Thank you for your understanding and support - - - Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:22:56 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Back Digests Leo Sadly I have to say I have these digests! I'll get someone who knows about zipping to help me do this for you. If someone else has them do send them as well as a security measure. Richard >>> Leo Bicknell 14/09/01 16:35:20 >>> I'm hoping that someone out there keeps back digest so I can complete the collection on www.tmbg.org. Right now I am missing Digests 38-3 to 38-38, 39-1 to 39-31, 40-1 to 40-30, 41-1 to 41-31, 42-1 to 42-30, 43-1 to 43-31, 44-1 to 44-31, and 45-1 to 45-13. If you have any of these and can send them to me please do. If you have more than a couple please zip them or something. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440 Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service. _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service. ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <146.19ae2b5.28d4261c@aol.com> Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 23:33:48 EDT Subject: TMBG: Any Mink Car Reviews?? So does anybody know what any of the critics think of mink car? Not that it really matters but i'd like to know what your average joe thinks of the album. Rolling Stone.com gave it 3 out of 5 stars, but then didn't really say what was good or what was wrong with it. ------------------------------ From: "Jenn Scagel" Subject: TMBG: Road to Avalon Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:23:15 -0400 Message-ID: My Outlook is all screwy, so I'm not sure if I'm sending this to the rigth list address! Let's hope so... I know I asked thislast year, and here I am again - anyone know how to take the T to the Avalon in Boston? I'm going to the Oct 30 show, and can't remember how to get there! I also extend my sympathies to anyone w/ friends/families/coworkers in NY and WA. Jenn ------------------------------ From: MsTanbul@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:20:18 EDT Subject: TMBG: Jane Don't know if it's been posted yet, but there's an outstanding review of Mink Car in October's Jane magazine. They gave it 4 of whatever it is they are using to review media this month, compare the album to Flood, and comment that they hope people will no longer see Them as a "joke band." If anyone would like me to transcribe the entire short paragraph review, I'd be glad to. Always known They weren't a joke, Marianne ------------------------------ From: "jon jenkins" Subject: Re: TMBG: Jane Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 15:42:58 -0400 Message-ID: Please do transcribe it. i'd love to read it. >From: MsTanbul@aol.com >Reply-To: MsTanbul@aol.com >To: jennscagel@hotmail.com, tmbg-digest@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Jane >Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:20:18 EDT > >Don't know if it's been posted yet, but there's an outstanding review of >Mink >Car in October's Jane magazine. They gave it 4 of whatever it is they are >using to review media this month, compare the album to Flood, and comment >that they hope people will no longer see Them as a "joke band." If anyone >would like me to transcribe the entire short paragraph review, I'd be glad >to. > >Always known They weren't a joke, > >Marianne _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #45-16 ******************************