Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #45-20 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 45, Number 20 Thursday, 20 September 2001 Today's Topics: Re[2]: TMBG: Best album? Are critics idiots? TMBG: I need pictures! Re: TMBG: Best album? Are critics idiots? TMBG: SG: CTC Sound clip Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:42:05 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Best album? Are critics idiots? Message-Id: <66357284@sterl.com> m@t sez: > Carson ("I'm an enormous tool") Daly Hey, don't give him so much credit. I'm sure that he is, at best, a smaller than average, barely adequate tool.... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: "jon jenkins" Subject: TMBG: I need pictures! Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:39:07 -0400 Message-ID: Hey there, If anyone on this list has pictures (on the computer of course) of any of they might be giants singles/radio promos/rare cd's, i really need them! If you have them on a web page, please just send me a link to the site. if you have them scanned in on your computer but not on a web site and feel like sending them to me, feel free to contact me off-list at jenkijon383@hotmail.com thanks jon Oh and if anyone is curious, this is the final list i made for my TMBG singles/greatest hits cd. I included all the singles plus songs that should have been singles (Subliminal, spy, etc) or tracks from cd's that were underrepresented by commercial singles (till my head falls off and NYC from factory showroom, for example) I also threw dr. evil, edith head, cyclops rock and workin undercover for the man because in the time between factory showroom and Mink Car there wasn't much going on as far as singles. i had to include something besides Dr. Worm and Boss of me! anyway, here's the tracklist. They Might Be Giants: Greatest Hits A 2 disc set spanning 3 decades. They Might Be Giants Demo Tape 01. Everything Right Is Wrong Again They Might Be Giants LP 02. Puppet Head 03. Dont Let's Start 04. She's An Angel 05. Hotel Detective Lincoln LP 06. Ana Ng 07. Purple Toupee 08. They'll Need A Crane Miscellaneous T. LP 09. Hey Mr DJ Flood LP 10. Istanbul not Constantinople 11. Birdhouse In Your Soul 12. Twisting 13. Particle Man 14. Racist Friend Apollo 18 LP 15. I Palindrome I 16. The Guitar 17. Statue Got Me High Why Does The Sun Shine EP 18. Why Does The sun Shine? O Tannenbaum EP 19. O Tannenbaum John Henry LP 20. Snail Shell 21. Sleeping in the Flowers 22. AKA Driver 23. Subliminal 24. Spy Factory Showroom LP 25. Sexxy 26. NYC 27. Till My Head Falls Off Severe Tire Damage LP 28. Doctor Worm What We Did This Summer EP 29. Cyclops Rock 30. She Thinks She's Edith Head Dr. Evil EP 31. Dr. Evil - Single/Promo Working Undercover For The Man EP 32. Workin Undercover For The Man Boss of Me EP (UK only) 33. Boss of Me Mink Car LP 34. Man, It's So Loud In Here 35. Bangs 36. Mr Xcitment 37. Cyclops Rock _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20010919164424.4258.qmail@web10903.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:44:24 -0700 (PDT) From: Scot Westwood Subject: Re: TMBG: Best album? Are critics idiots? <> I think the critics had it right with the self-titled album and with Lincoln, they are truly masterpieces. But I do think that the critics are a little harsh on the following albums because they were not as innovative as the first two. How could they be, the music was now out and people could say yeah, that Flood album sounds like TMBG. You can't expect the groundbreaking innovation to happen on every album, although the Johns do a much better job than most. It seems that a lot of criitics respond not only to what is good, but to what is different from what is already out there. By the way, Flood was the first album I purchased, but I probably only listened to all the way through once or twice in the first year, I couldn't get enough of birdhouse and particle man, but the rest just didn't click. It wasn't til I went to a freinds house and heard number 3 that I was hooked I went out that night and bought the Pink album, Lincoln and Miscellaneous T. Then I went back and listened to Flood and discovered how truly awsome it was. I don't think there is a single TMBG song that I don't like, but if I had to rank the albums Flood would be in the lower 25%. Ok thats it, I'm going back to lurk mode. __________________________________________________ Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? Donate cash, emergency relief information http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:26:11 EDT From: PRMega@aol.com Subject: TMBG: SG: CTC Sound clip Message-ID: <93.1071e4b5.28da3d43@aol.com> The sound clips from SG:CTC that reference Dr. Worm are now up in one mp3 file on my webpage. Since Angelfire doesn't allow direct file linking, go to http://www.angelfire.com/or/prmega/main.html and click the link. Enjoy :) PR Mega ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #45-20 ******************************