Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #45-24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 45, Number 24 Wednesday, 26 September 2001 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Film called Hitting the Ground featuring TMBG TMBG: Re: Hitting the Ground TMBG: Yeh-Yeh RE: TMBG: Yeh-Yeh Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <007301c145b9$894bd840$b343c7d0@tdk> From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: Re: TMBG: Film called Hitting the Ground featuring TMBG Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 07:59:30 -0400 Wow, it's actually coming out? It's the same film. It was made back then but never released, neither was the soundtrack which was written by Gordon Gano of the Violent Femmes.. I believe he only performs one song on the soundtrack, the rest are done by different groups including TMBG doing "Alison". I have yet to hear it, except for Gano performing it at a Hello Showcase show in '95. -Mike Original Message ----- > > From: "Richard Hilton" > Subject: Re: TMBG: Film called Hitting the Ground featuring TMBG > > Someday at work today mentioned a film that was due to come out soon > called 'Hitting the Ground' featuring a soundtrack with TMBG and others > including Lou Reed. I did a quick search and can only come up with a 1996 > film of the same name which did have a good soundtrack (according to one > reviewer). > > Anyone any ideas? [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:26:35 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <200109251526.IAA47503@mando.engr.sgi.com> From: John Relph Subject: TMBG: Re: Hitting the Ground It was rumoured that 1996's "Hitting the Ground" would feature "Allison" performed by TMBG. The song was not featured on the soundtrack album (if there was one). -- John -- Fiery breakfast of twigs when the President vanishes. ------------------------------ From: BillN33b@aol.com Message-ID: <132.22287cd.28e25aa4@aol.com> Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:09:40 EDT Subject: TMBG: Yeh-Yeh Last night after Monday Night Football (Go Pack!) I left the TV on and decided it would probably be a good idea to mail my rent out before the 1st. So as I'm writing out the check I hear Yeh-Yeh. At first I thought it was hallucinations due to sleep depravation, or thought maybe my Mink Car CD grew legs and hopped into my CD player from my car and decided to play a trick on me. Then I realized it was on the TV. It was a Chrysler commercial. Anyone else see this? Bill Neeb -TMBG Ambassador to sunny Wisconsin ------------------------------ From: "Julie Harrison" Subject: RE: TMBG: Yeh-Yeh Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 21:34:49 -0500 Message-ID: yeah i saw it too, i also freaked because blur's "the universal" was also played on a chrysler commercial that day. someone in their advertising dept. has some good taste in music. -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of BillN33b@aol.com Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 5:10 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Yeh-Yeh Last night after Monday Night Football (Go Pack!) I left the TV on and decided it would probably be a good idea to mail my rent out before the 1st. So as I'm writing out the check I hear Yeh-Yeh. At first I thought it was hallucinations due to sleep depravation, or thought maybe my Mink Car CD grew legs and hopped into my CD player from my car and decided to play a trick on me. Then I realized it was on the TV. It was a Chrysler commercial. Anyone else see this? Bill Neeb -TMBG Ambassador to sunny Wisconsin ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #45-24 ******************************