Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #46-10 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 46, Number 10 Thursday, 11 October 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: Boss Of Me ringtone TMBG: Henry Linnell TMBG: WMBG2 TMBG: er....... TMBG: Re: er....... TMBG: tmbg in australia TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle Re[2]: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle Re: TMBG: Henry Linnell TMBG: October... TMBG: October Unlimited... TMBG: October Edition TMBG: Lincoln, NE show setlist and review (well, kinda) TMBG: TMBGU Oct. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: <9e.1b8db1ad.28f54596@aol.com> Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 02:32:54 EDT Subject: TMBG: Boss Of Me ringtone For anyone that's interested, http://www.ringtone.net/ has "Boss Of Me" as a ringtone for cellphones. There's an option to listen to it with Real Player. Pretty cool. PR Mega ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001a01c15164$e4daab80$13ee87d9@005282020097> From: "Al" Subject: TMBG: Henry Linnell Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:23:48 +0100 Wooo! I have a rarity. Anyway I've scanned in the front of the CD so you can seesome of the Cover. His signature continues on the back with an authentication note. I've stuck it at the following link www.thepinkelephant.net/tmbg/minkcar.jpg AL [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: WMBG2 Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 02:34:38 -0700 Message-ID: Where We Might Be Giants Too! Two? Whats the new skinny, whats with the quietness? Erich [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001501c1517c$8f22c660$03fe1fac@millerfamily.org> From: "Charlie Miller" Subject: TMBG: Re: er....... Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 07:13:15 -0400 I looked it up at pitchfork (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/f/family-of-god/we-are-the-wor ld.shtml). Looks like it has a keyboardist from echo and the bunnymen, and Eric Schermerhorn, who formerly played for tmbg apparently, on guitar. Interesting. -Charlie Miller http://flipse.com.com/dirky/ a.. FAMILY OF GOD "We Are The World" a.. a full length 1998 CD in FINE CONDITION. a.. Featuring members of both THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS and ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN a.. This CD features 9 great songs and is on the Dull label. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20011010113413.92471.qmail@web14407.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:34:13 +1000 (EST) From: kiralee favelle Subject: TMBG: tmbg in australia hey everyone.. if you feel inclined to spread the 'tmbg awareness..'... pleeaaaase go here: http://triplej.abc.net.au/net50/vote.htm and vote for 'man its so loud in here' on the Triple J (the best radio station here IMO, non commercial too) website, and get Them some more airplay. if it gets higher on the net 50 then it'll get heaps more airplay and thats always a gooood loverrrly thing :D ... hopefully other stuff will get airplay too then! OR you could go here: http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/requests/requests/default.htm and request a different tmbg song!! WOW!!!!! imagine rosie getting absolutely flooded with all these requests for tmbg.. that would be just amazingly spiffilicious! or you could do both... thanks matey-oes much luv & orange antelopes xx kiz ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "don't vex my ass... i'll come at ya like a buzzard... like a big fat buzzard in the night" - the boosh. http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel - Got Itchy feet? Get inspired! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:07:45 -0400 (EDT) From: RIIN GILL Subject: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle Message-ID: Is Malcolm on on Tuesdays now? I don't watch much tv so when the tv guide (generic, not TM) comes I generally just look at the time slots I'm expecting shows I watch to be on. I've been bummed about no Malcolm, Simpsons or Futurama for the last few Sundays. Did they all move to Tuesdays or do tv executives exist only to torture me? *********************************************************** Riin Gill Interlibrary Loan 734-615-6168 Taubman Medical Library fax 734-763-1473 University of Michigan *********************************************************** If you were riding your bike, you'd be having fun by now. > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > > From: "Erich Cannon" > Subject: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle > Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 03:04:53 -0700 > Message-ID: > > I watched the back to back episodes tonight and it reminded me of how much i > love the show and the music TMBG does on it. I want a score soundtrack! So > that brings me to some Malcolm Questions and comments: > > 1. Twice i've asked the list and yet no response to a conformation that TMBG > are absolutly no longer apart of Malcolm music. There done? Not done, taking > a season off? And if you have an answer is it confirmed or is it rumor? I > remember the newsgroup post saying "No surprise here, TMBG are going to stop > doing the score to MitM." And I asked: "where did you hear that?" and > strangly no response........ > > 2. On tmbg.org there is a listing for a Malcolm album with all TMBG songs > including score that are all titled. Where is this? what is this? an obscure > promo flouting about? I have mp3s of the score that are of decent fashion > from twistid. where did they come from? besides the ones from Radio TMBG. > > Thanks for you time, ROCKTOBER!!! > > Erich > > ------------------------------ > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:50:09 -0400 From: karinh@sterl.com Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle Message-Id: <4023650135@sterl.com> ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <200110101856.NAA18109@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Henry Linnell Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:56:10 -0500 (EST) > > Wooo! I have a rarity. > Anyway I've scanned in the front of the CD so you can seesome of the = > Cover. His signature continues on the back with an authentication note. What does the authentificationary note say? m@t ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <15f.221e835.28f60ba9@aol.com> Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:38:01 EDT Subject: TMBG: October... Enjoy! http://www.emusic.com/albums/29115/ ------------------------------ From: Mbrosendale@cs.com Message-ID: <14d.24580f0.28f60c50@cs.com> Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:40:48 EDT Subject: TMBG: October Unlimited... is up: http://www.emusic.com/rmp/29115.rmp ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: TMBG: October Edition Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:01:07 Message-ID: Un fucking believable. This is ridiculous. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that they didn't worry about this one too much because of the tragedy. But this is one of the last three issues. I expect more than 15 minutes with not even four minutes of original material. The only thing I give it credit for is giving me an MP3 of the great new Dial-A-Song, and for pointing out that Substitute Teacher sounds like Blink-182. Christ. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BC4DD67.3428B7BD@alltel.net> Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 18:44:40 -0500 From: Tara Weber Subject: TMBG: Lincoln, NE show setlist and review (well, kinda) OK, as far as I remember, this is what they played last night at the Royal Grove in Lincoln. These are almost surely out of order except for the first and last couple of songs. Sounds like it's largely the same as Kansas City...though Linnell did tell us our radio selections for "spin the dial" beat yours, KC. ;) James K. Polk Cyclops Rock I Palindrome I Mammal Bangs I've Got A Fang Fingertips "spin the dial" (This I Promise You--complete with made-up lyrics--5 O' Clock World, some unidentified hip-hop, Red Red Wine) She's Actual Size Spy S.E.X.X.Y. Man, It's So Loud In Here Yeh Yeh Drink! Why Does The Sun Shine? ("Wood! and...and plastic wood! And kilns! Yes, kilns! Kilns are a gas on the sun! They're solid on the earth but they're a gas on the sun!" "...caused by the nuclear reaction between estrogen, estrogen, estrogen, and MORE estrogen!") Robot Parade Shoehorn With Teeth (with the glockenspiel! followed by "CD-fast forward" version) Older She's An Angel The Guitar Boss Of Me Particle Man The Famous Polka Twisting Birdhouse New York City -- Mink Car Dr. Worm Istanbul Of the three times I've seen them, this one blew the other two away. Afterwards, my friend and I told Flans how glad we were they finally came to Lincoln and got him to sign our tickets (I was kicking myself for not bringing a CD along or something). The venue is known locally for being a bit shady. (I half expected to see drunken regular patrons shouting "take it off!" at the Johns.) After a couple songs, Flans said, "I don't think we've ever played at a strip club before." Linnell then reminded him of a certain venue somewhere in Connecticut once upon a time. Flans replied, "I tried to block that from my memory. This is really a...well, an experience that's simultaneously thrilling and...and deeply frightening." Something to that effect, anyway. :) Oh yes, and a plea: I could've sworn I saw somebody taping the show. To the Dude Taping The Show: Are you out there on the list, by any chance? Are you going to share with the rest of the class? :) --Tara Sweet like lead paint is sweet. oh yeah...one more thing. This is a total long shot, but why not: If your name is Ben and you're from Omaha and you remember talking to a girl in a green shirt outside in line and again briefly at the merch table--I really wanted to talk to you some more but I was shy. :) ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: TMBGU Oct. Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:11:54 -0700 Message-ID: Its says "Cut the Strings" and "Blind" by Demchuk. Where's Blind? Erich [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #46-10 ******************************