Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #46-13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 46, Number 13 Sunday, 14 October 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: Good show in Austin, TX tonight (also Houston on Sunday) TMBG: Museum of Idiots TMBG: NPR rules! Re: TMBG: Museum of Idiots Re: TMBG: Museum of Idiots Re: TMBG: NPR rules! TMBG: Iowa City Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3BC7FBDD.352E7597@tmbg.org> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 03:31:25 -0500 From: Mitch Harding Organization: AIX kernel support and serviceability Subject: TMBG: Good show in Austin, TX tonight (also Houston on Sunday) For those list members who are in Texas, the following shows might be of interest to you: Saturday, Oct 13 (Austin, TX) Dan Bern plays at Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar. Doors 6pm, Show 8pm, $10 cover Sunday, Oct 14 (Houston, TX) Dan Bern plays at Fabulous Satellite Lounge. Not sure about doors, etc. What type of music does he play? A lot of people compare him to Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen. I guess I'd say folk rock. He is a great songwriter -- some of his songs have clever, funny lyrics, some are more powerful and compelling, and some combine both of those things. The following web pages have some samples of his music: 1) http://www.lokari.net/danbern/lyrics.html 2) http://www.snazzyamericanamusic.com/bernreviewpage.htm 3) http://www.music-net-work.com/seite.php3?band11=smartie 4) http://cdnow.com/switch/from=sr-780457/target=buyweb_products/artfs=dan+bern #1 has some live clips. "Working At The Ritz" is pretty funny. #2 has a few live clips. "Jerusalem" and "Tiger Woods" are funny. #3 has a couple clips. Check out "One Thing Real" and "Chelsea Hotel" #4 has short clips from all his albums Anyway, he's very good and fun to see. You should check him out if you can. Lucy's Retired Surfer's Bar is at 219 E 6th St, and their phone number is 472-7873. I'm not sure of the details about the show in Houston yet, but I plan on going to that show also. If you're going to either show, feel free to send me an e-mail. Mitch www.mitcharf.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BC854EF.4E16@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:29:10 -0400 From: "K.C." Subject: TMBG: Museum of Idiots Anyone have the lyrics to this song? This is the best I can come up with: They built this whole neighborhood out of wood, out of wood I guess I'll still be around when they burn, burn it down I will be standing around when they burn it down In the Museum of Idiots Honey I...? Please believe me, Please believe me I'll still be right where you left me if you manage to forgive me When you manage where you may forget In the Museum of Idiots If you and I had any brains we wouldn't be in this place. Chop me up into pieces, into pieces, into pieces When the chopping is through, Every piece will say, "I love you." Every piece of me'll say "I love you." In the Museum of Idiots Every piece of me'll say "I love you, you, you." In the Museum of Idiots! -K.C. ------------------------------ From: MsTanbul@aol.com Message-ID: <154.26d005b.28f9b9ce@aol.com> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 11:37:50 EDT Subject: TMBG: NPR rules! I heard one of the best short interviews ever on NPR's "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" news quiz this morning. The game show folks are not only very news savvy, but they are obviously fans of and greatly respect TMBG. The interview was with John Flansburgh, and they played a game with him "You're not a doll, you're an action figure" about GI Joe, but he only got 1/3 questions right. Hope some of you heard it... a real treat. A proud public radio junkie, Marianne ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: <6.1d889786.28f9cd97@aol.com> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 13:02:15 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Museum of Idiots I'll give it a shot: They built this whole neighborhood out of wood, out of wood I guess I'll still be around when they burn, burn it down I will be standing around when they burn it down Here In the Museum of Idiots Honey I'm there when you need me Please believe me, Please believe me I'll still be right where you (met?) me if you manage to forget me Where we met is where you may forget Here In the Museum of Idiots If you and I had any brains we wouldn't be in this place. Chop me up into pieces, into pieces, into pieces When the chopping is through, Every piece will say, "I love you." Every piece of me'll say "I love you." Here In the Museum of Idiots Every piece of me'll say "I love you, you, you." Here In the Museum of Idiots! PR Mega ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001701c15437$6b2536e0$3a1410ac@avesta.com> From: "Bryce" Subject: Re: TMBG: Museum of Idiots Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 18:35:53 -0400 > Here in the Museum of Idiots I don't hear a "here," but I guess I could be wrong. > Chop me up into pieces, into pieces, into pieces I think it's "Chop me up into pieces, if it pleases, if it pleases." Bryce ------------------------------ From: Vazco@aol.com Message-ID: <55.1c180bca.28fa4507@aol.com> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:31:51 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: NPR rules! In a message dated 10/13/01 11:38:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time, MsTanbul@aol.com writes: > I heard one of the best short interviews ever on NPR's "Wait, Wait Don't > Tell > Me" news quiz this morning. The game show folks are not only very news > savvy, > but they are obviously fans of and greatly respect TMBG. The interview was > with John Flansburgh, and they played a game with him "You're not a doll, > you're an action figure" about GI Joe, but he only got 1/3 questions right. > > Hope some of you heard it... a real treat. > > NPR archives their shows, i just listened to it on Real Audio at http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/waitwait/20011013.waitwait.ram Flansy is on segment 4.. mario [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #46-13 ******************************