Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #46-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 46, Number 15 Tuesday, 16 October 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: Man, It's So Loud In Here Re: TMBG: Man, It's So Loud In Here TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #46-14 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "jon jenkins" Subject: TMBG: Man, It's So Loud In Here Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:57:32 -0400 Message-ID: No one has mentioned which version of so loud in here they have been playing at shows lately. I would hope it's the album version, but have a feeling they're wussing out and playing the old rockin version. What have those of you giong to the shows been hearing; old or new? Oh, and last night i was doing to my local wal-mart up here at penn state while listening to 105-something-or-other on the radio, and man, it's so loud in here comes on. i think that was only the third time i've ever heard tmbg on the radio, so it was pretty cool for me. well i gotta get back to work. later on, jon jenkins Another night And I thought "Well, well" Go to another party and hang myself Gently on the shelf Hey hey Come out tonight Hey hey Come out tonight Popscene Alright - Blur, the best brit band ever? i think so! _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BCAFC09.B0E94935@fruhead.com> Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:08:57 -0400 From: lawrence solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Man, It's So Loud In Here jon jenkins wrote: > > No one has mentioned which version of so loud in here they have been playing > at shows lately. I would hope it's the album version, but have a feeling > they're wussing out and playing the old rockin version. What have those of > you giong to the shows been hearing; old or new? oh, if *only* they would play the good version at shows. unfortunately, they have been playing the album version, from the reviews I've heard. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:09:53 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #46-14 Message-ID: <20011015.220954.-962413.1.TOMACQUISTO@juno.com> From: TOM J ACQUISTO Nathan: > Nick: > >Alright the next night at Pop's in Sauget, IL was wicked excellent and > >the set was very different from the night before. They did Robot > >Parade(the adult version) I believe for the first time ever. Dan Miller > >started playing the opening chords and Flansburgh turned to him and said > >"We can't do this, we're not ready to play this yet" and started telling > >Dan that "that's fine during rehersal, but we're not rehersing now." > >Then he said something like here's a more mellow version of that song and > >the crowd started booing. Then Linnell started whispering something to > >Flansburgh and they ended up playing it. > > They've played it that way at other shows. I've never been to any of those > shows, so I can't tell you how it sounded, but I imagine it would have been > fun. I think the slow version really works well live, though, so I don't > see why people would boo it. Audiences in general seem to applaud just > about everything. Are you sure it wasn't just you and your friends booing, > and you took that to mean the whole crowd was doing it? When I said the crowd started booing I didn't mean that everyone booed. There were about six voices playfully booing, some were strangers, one a friend. My point was that Dan Miller already started playing the song fast and it hipped and excited the crowd to having the option of hearing it that way, in the context of the metal club they were playing in that night. I like the slow version of robot parade but I've heard it live that way about 3 times now, one of the times being at the show the night before. nick ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #46-15 ******************************