Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #46-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 46, Number 23 Wednesday, 24 October 2001 Today's Topics: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: TMBG Article from Pittsburgh Re: Re[2]: TMBG: TMBG Article from Pittsburgh Re: Re[2]: TMBG: TMBG Article from Pittsburgh TMBG: Where are the EP's? Re: TMBG: Where are the EP's? TMBG: Where are the EP's? TMBG: Man It's So Loud EP tracklisting confirmed TMBG: MISLIH single Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Re: TMBG: Where are the EP's? Re: TMBG: Man It's So Loud EP tracklisting confirmed Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Re: TMBG: MISLIH single TMBG: MISLIH Single Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Re: TMBG: Man It's So Loud EP Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Re: TMBG: MISLIH single TMBG: NYC: Headset Sextet at Bang on a BAM! Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Re: TMBG: You could say that we sold out, but that's just the way it goes Re: TMBG: Man It's So Loud EP Re: TMBG: You could say that we sold out, but that's just the way it goes Re: TMBG: MISLIH single TMBG: Look at my Setlists, mon! Re: TMBG: Look at my Setlists, mon! Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Re: TMBG: Look at my Setlists, mon! TMBG: No Logo Re: TMBG: Man It's So Loud EP tracklisting confirmed Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:32:49 EDT From: Furfr@aol.com Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: TMBG Article from Pittsburgh Message-ID: >>It's just that Flans does most of the public relations stuff, because he's better at it. What I want to know is why those e-mails suddenly stopped being signed "from John and John of TMBG" and became "John F." notes. I mean, I think we all knew he was the one writing them. Did he decide he wanted the glory to himself? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <2486381.1003859757736.JavaMail.root@172.16.100.50> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:55:57 +0100 (BST) From: frickidyfrickfrick@frickin.co.uk Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: TMBG Article from Pittsburgh Where can I see these Linnell Letters..? *twiddles fingers* ---------- Personalise your email address at http://another.com THINK: your slogan or email address on a gorgeous mousemat CLICK HERE http://another-shop.com ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: TMBG Article from Pittsburgh Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:35:40 +0000 Message-ID: Frickidyfrickfrick: >Where can I see these Linnell Letters..? At tmbg.com. Don't ask me where, though; that site was never easy to navigate, and I haven't even tried to find them since the last redesign. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: TMBG: Where are the EP's? Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:40:44 +0000 Message-ID: Does anyone know how long it generally is between the release of an actual album, and that of any EP's associated with it? I ask because, as we all know, there haven't been any Mink Car EP's so far, and I'm wondering if such a thing is even a possibility at this point. Even Factory Showroom, for all the Johns' whining about no promotion, had one EP, so shouldn't there be at least one in the works for Mink Car? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <107.777476f.290731eb@aol.com> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:49:47 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Where are the EP's? I was wondering the exact same thing. I'm jonesin' to hear the It's So Loud in Here remix. With Holiday Land coming out i have my doubts that a Mink Car EP will ever come out. But if there is an EP in the works i'm positive it will be full of songs we've already heard. Here's my Guess of what will be on the EP that will never be made: 1. Man its so loud in here 2. Your Mom's Alright 3. Unlimited Theme 4. Robert Lowell 5. Man its so loud in here remix ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.20011024082418.008073f0@student.anu.edu.au> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:24:18 +1000 From: Ryan Mooney Subject: TMBG: Where are the EP's? At 08:40 23-10-01 +0000, you wrote: >the Johns' whining about no promotion, had one EP, so shouldn't there be at >least one in the works for Mink Car? We've got one in Australia, but it's hardly exciting. Boss Of Me is track 18 on the Aus version of Mink Car, and the EP goes a little something like this: 1. Boss Of Me 2. Reprehensible 3. Mr Xcitement (not the album version) I'm pretty sure the UK has the same setup. I think "Man It's So Loud In Here" will be a single, because of a sticker on the front of Mink Car which reads "Contains the singles Man It's So Loud In Here and Boss Of Me". I'll ring Shock Records and check for you crazy kids. I don't think a minor label like Restless could afford the effort of a (non-promo) single release any more - the most recent Restless single I own is from 1989. - Ryan P.S. Apologies to Nathan for the double posting. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.20011024091755.00807410@student.anu.edu.au> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:17:55 +1000 From: Ryan Mooney Subject: TMBG: Man It's So Loud EP tracklisting confirmed I just spoke to the very helpful Chris at Shock Records, who are TMBG's distributors over here. Yes, there will be a single. Here are the details: They Might Be Giants "Man, It's So Loud In Here" 1. Man, It's So Loud In Here 2. Your Mom's Alright 3. Rest Awhile 4. On The Drag 5. Man, It's So Loud In Here (Hot 2002 Remix) The catalogue number is TMBG01, and it will be released on Monday 12 November. ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: TMBG: MISLIH single Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:31:25 Message-ID: Um...back when we all raided the ultrasecret Chopping Block files, did we not figure this all out? The artwork was there, and a tracklist was there, and I'm pretty positive it listed about four different remixes of the song. The only one I've heard about since then is the Hot 2002 Mix, and now apparently there's going to be an Australian single with completely different tracks. I'm extremely confused. And while I'm blabbering incoherantly, did anyone ever find or upload a video of the Yeh Yeh commercial? I don't think I'll ever see it otherwise, and I'd like to see it before I have to start scouting for these new Dr. Pepper commercials. And speaking of which, Dr. Pepper? Good lord. It's a good thing I've finally learned that it is simply impossible for TMBG to break into the mainstream. Their excessive failed attempts at selling out is really sad. Poor guys. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <166.2c50ea1.290759b5@aol.com> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:39:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Dr Pepper? Zuh? I'm confused! They doing music for Dr. Pepper now? Actually i think that "selling out" involves changing your sound to make money. Cherry Poppin Daddies did this when they magically converted to Swing. TMBG haven't changed their sound (well maybe with another first kiss, but that is only one song) so i'd have to say they haven't sold out, they've just sold. ------------------------------ Date: 23 Oct 2001 23:46:39 -0000 Message-ID: <20011023234639.88115.qmail@reit.pair.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single From: ctyner@clemson.edu Gegatron sez: "Cherry Poppin Daddies did this when they magically converted to Swing." Uh, apparently you're unaware that "Zoot Suit Riot" was, aside from 4 songs, culled from material from the band's first two albums, released in 1990 and 1994. They were playing swing -- along with songs from numerous other genres -- when the band first formed in the late '80s. ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <5a.8c22f1.29075c71@aol.com> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:51:13 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single "Uh, apparently you're unaware that "Zoot Suit Riot" was, aside from 4 songs, culled from material from the band's first two albums, released in 1990 and 1994" My Mistake! Still hate the band though. If you want real swing and jazz stick with Squirrel Nut Zippers. ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Where are the EP's? Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:55:08 +0000 Message-ID: Ryan Mooney: >At 08:40 23-10-01 +0000, you wrote: > >the Johns' whining about no promotion, had one EP, so shouldn't there be >at > >least one in the works for Mink Car? > >We've got one in Australia, but it's hardly exciting. Boss Of Me is track >18 on the Aus version of Mink Car, and the EP goes a little something like >this: > >1. Boss Of Me >2. Reprehensible >3. Mr Xcitement (not the album version) >I'm pretty sure the UK has the same setup. Yeah, I have that one. I think that's technically a single, though, and not an EP. "EP" stands for "extended play" (I think; correct me if I'm wrong), and an EP has a longer running time than a single (which usually means more songs). So the last TMBG EP was "Working Undercover For The Man" (which I guess could count as a Mink Car EP, except Mink Car hadn't even been named yet at that point). >I think "Man It's So Loud In Here" will be a single, because of a sticker >on the front of Mink Car which reads "Contains the singles Man It's So Loud >In Here and Boss Of Me". I'll ring Shock Records and check for you crazy >kids. A single, yes. I think "Bangs" will be one, too. But what I want is a commercial EP. I don't listen to the radio much at all, so what the radio promo singles are is only of academic interest to me. >I don't think a minor label like Restless could afford the effort of a >(non-promo) single release any more - the most recent Restless single I own >is from 1989. It's cheaper than an album, isn't it? Don't forget that this was the same company that financed two EP's each for the pink album and Lincoln. Perhaps they had more money back then, though. I guess they could always release another EP through eMusic (like "WUFTM"), if Restless isn't up to the task. But why would they sign to Restless if they would end up getting LESS promotion than they did with Elektra? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Man It's So Loud EP tracklisting confirmed Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:57:39 +0000 Message-ID: Ryan Mooney: >I just spoke to the very helpful Chris at Shock Records, who are TMBG's >distributors over here. Yes, there will be a single. Here are the details: > >They Might Be Giants "Man, It's So Loud In Here" > >1. Man, It's So Loud In Here >2. Your Mom's Alright >3. Rest Awhile >4. On The Drag >5. Man, It's So Loud In Here (Hot 2002 Remix) > >The catalogue number is TMBG01, and it will be released on Monday 12 >November. Is this just for Australia, or for the United States as well? And why the hell are they reusing tracks from their last EP? It's not as if the band has any lack of songs. Even if this IS released in the States, I'm probably not buying it. I mean, how much could one remix be worth? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:56:10 +0000 Message-ID: John Ferrer: >Um...back when we all raided the ultrasecret Chopping Block files, did we >not figure this all out? The artwork was there, and a tracklist was there, >and I'm pretty positive it listed about four different remixes of the song. Yeah, but I think it was also established that this will be another promo single, not a commercial EP. >The only one I've heard about since then is the Hot 2002 Mix, and now >apparently there's going to be an Australian single with completely >different tracks. I'm extremely confused. Such is generally the case with singles and EP's. >And while I'm blabbering incoherantly, did anyone ever find or upload a >video of the Yeh Yeh commercial? I don't think I'll ever see it otherwise, >and I'd like to see it before I have to start scouting for these new Dr. >Pepper commercials. TMBG is doing Dr. Pepper commercials? "I'm not a real doctor, but they call me Dr. Pepper!" -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 01:00:07 +0000 Message-ID: Gegatron: >Dr Pepper? Zuh? I'm confused! They doing music for Dr. Pepper now? Hey, at least it isn't as bad as when the Beatles did "Dr. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band." >Actually i think that "selling out" involves changing your sound to make >money. I'd say it's more doing something that's against your original ideas or principles. It doesn't even have to be for money, although it probably usually is when it comes to music. >Cherry Poppin Daddies did this when they magically converted to >Swing. TMBG haven't changed their sound (well maybe with another first >kiss, >but that is only one song) so i'd have to say they haven't sold out, >they've >just sold. TMBG has a lot of different sounds, and always has. If TMBG released an album where every single song was in whatever style was popular at the time, THEN I might consider the band to be selling out, but that hasn't happened yet. Mink Car is as eclectic as any other album they've released. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.20011024110738.0080b700@student.anu.edu.au> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:07:38 +1000 From: Ryan Mooney Subject: TMBG: MISLIH Single Just to round up... John Ferrer: "Um...back when we all raided the ultrasecret Chopping Block files, did we not figure this all out? The artwork was there, and a tracklist was there, and I'm pretty positive it listed about four different remixes of the song." I think this was a promo only single though, which is only sent to radio stations and doesn't betoken a commercial single. Of course, when I say single... Nathan Dehoff: "Yeah, I have that one. I think that's technically a single, though, and not an EP. "EP" stands for "extended play" (I think; correct me if I'm wrong), and an EP has a longer running time than a single (which usually means more songs)." You'll have to forgive me - when I say "single" I'm referring to both "singles" and "EPs". I don't want to get into the definition of singles and EPs, because if there is one thing we can be sure of it is that we will all disagree on the definitions. I have some singles that are longer than some albums! Nathan again: "It's cheaper than an album, isn't it? Don't forget that this was the same company that financed two EP's each for the pink album and Lincoln. Perhaps they had more money back then, though." Record companies are not concerned with cost but profit. To manufacture a compact disc costs the same whether it has three or twenty-three songs on it. Technically speaking, singles and EPs are less profitable because you have to spend exactly what you would on an album through mastering and art design, and then you have to sell it for less than half-price. A company like Restless, which has not had a good year, would obviously prefer not to release anything that's not an album. Plus, Bar-None could afford to make a bunch of EPs because TMBG was pulling in all their profits in the early 80s, when the band were much more popular - popular with critics and the industry where the money matters, not popular in size of fanbase. TMBG are not Restless's highest earning artists. Nathan: "Is this just for Australia, or for the United States as well? And why the hell are they reusing tracks from their last EP?" Probably just Australia, where we didn't get the WUFTM EP. eMusic refused to ship it outside the USA, even though we paid for it just the same as you guys did. I am now taking expressions of interest for a mob to overthrow all record companies. ------------------------------ From: "Matt Breslin" Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:21:03 -0400 Message-ID: Not changed their sound... hah. Mink car is some weirdo funky drum white rapping electronic song altering pile of garbage. None of their other cds are weirdo white rapping electronic song altering piles of garbage. Just as none of their cds before John Henry were goofy horn and organ babies raped and freezing nonsense. >From: Gegatron@aol.com >Reply-To: Gegatron@aol.com >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single >Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:39:33 EDT > >Dr Pepper? Zuh? I'm confused! They doing music for Dr. Pepper now? >Actually i think that "selling out" involves changing your sound to make >money. Cherry Poppin Daddies did this when they magically converted to >Swing. TMBG haven't changed their sound (well maybe with another first >kiss, >but that is only one song) so i'd have to say they haven't sold out, >they've >just sold. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Re: TMBG: Man It's So Loud EP Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:45:10 -0700 Message-ID: It's like this y'all. The U.S. single is dead. It's a no money medium. no ones interested anymore. Radiohead only just released their first US single in years and its subpar to the UK single (talking bulk bonus tracks) yes there are the occasional singles put out by artists but thats cause they make money and people will pay alot for 10 remixes of "POP' by N'Sync whereas obviously not as many will be buying a MISLIH single with a couple non-track albums. You gotta concentrate on the album itself which we all know sold decently but certainlty not enough. The UK music scene is so much better. Boss of Me was in the 20's it the charts, MISLIH should be around the same. there it is worth it. People in the UK are paying attention to all things around them in music as opposed to most americans who look directly ahead eyes closed while a producer in a suit stands behind them guiding them in the direction in which they choose. (did that analogy come through clear?) Anyway it's just a lost cause really. We'll all have our grubby little hands on a new TMBG single soon enough. Erich ----- Original Message ----- From: Ryan Mooney To: Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 4:17 PM Subject: TMBG: Man It's So Loud EP tracklisting confirmed > I just spoke to the very helpful Chris at Shock Records, who are TMBG's > distributors over here. Yes, there will be a single. Here are the details: > > They Might Be Giants "Man, It's So Loud In Here" > > 1. Man, It's So Loud In Here > 2. Your Mom's Alright > 3. Rest Awhile > 4. On The Drag > 5. Man, It's So Loud In Here (Hot 2002 Remix) > > The catalogue number is TMBG01, and it will be released on Monday 12 > November. > > ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:28:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single "Mink car is some weirdo funky drum white rapping electronic song altering pile of garbage." Why am i thinking of the Comic Book Guy on the Simpsons? "Worst TMBG album ever!" Then Homer responds: "Does anybody care what this guy thinks?" Then everyone says: "No!" ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 02:36:30 Message-ID: Yeah, I phrased message pretty poorly, so I think I'll try again. First of all, they just put the message about the Dr. Pepper ads up on theymightbegiants.com. Apparently it's going to be original music for Diet Dr. Pepper ads that sound a lot like those Chimp Channel shorts. And I wasn't serious about them selling out. I just find it funny, and I gather that they do too, that they constantly score world-class gigs that would normally break a band into the big time, but they never really make it. If they can put a song into an Austin Powers movie without America finding out who they are, they can do anything. And my real question is, promo single or not, is it out already, or when is it coming out, or is it coming out at all? I find it hard to believe that no one's even remotely interested in more remixes. It's usually fairly easy to find copies of promo CD's, but I can't even tell if this one exists. I can't even find the 2002 mix. (Hint, hint, feel free to send it my way) >From: Gegatron@aol.com >Reply-To: Gegatron@aol.com >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single >Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:39:33 EDT > >Dr Pepper? Zuh? I'm confused! They doing music for Dr. Pepper now? >Actually i think that "selling out" involves changing your sound to make >money. Cherry Poppin Daddies did this when they magically converted to >Swing. TMBG haven't changed their sound (well maybe with another first >kiss, >but that is only one song) so i'd have to say they haven't sold out, >they've >just sold. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:39:14 -0400 (EDT) From: Joshua Fried Subject: TMBG: NYC: Headset Sextet at Bang on a BAM! Message-ID: <100386117201@escape.com> I want you to know: this Sunday afternoon, parts of my HEADSET SEXTET will be at BAM--the Brooklyn Academy of Music--in the Bang On A Can Marathon concert. In HEADSET SEXTET high-tech and headphones make performers do raw amazing things, to a throbbing synchronized musical backup. HEADSET SEXTET was the centerpiece of my Saturday night series last Spring at HERE Arts Center, where the staff dubbed it "an experimental gibberish operatic suite." This time, a 10-minute excerpt will be performed by the Bang On A Can All-Stars, setting aside their usual reeds, keys, drumsticks and fretboards to vocalize, and move around a bit too. A few years ago they took a different excerpt on tour and it turns out they are every bit as splendid doing headphone-driven performance as they are playing their instruments. I'm up at 2:45 pm but the whole 8-hour event is worth seeing! BAM and Bang On A Can present the Bang on a Can Marathon http://bangonacan.org/marathon.html Sun, Oct 28, 2-10pm BAM Howard Gilman Opera House 30 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11217 All-day tickets $25 BAM 2001 Next Wave Festival 718.636.4100 http://www.bam.org/asp/performance.asp?perfID=BangonaCanMarathon Ticketmaster 212.307.4100 https://ticketing.ticketmaster.com/cgi/purchasePage.asp?event_id=3003318F841CBC6 DIRECTIONS: BAM is one block from Flatbush Avenue. Nearby street parking isn't too hard to find; parking is also available next to the theatre. $10.00 fee (subject to change). By Bambus From the Whitney Museum at Philip Morris, 120 Morris, 120 Park Ave at 42nd St. Departs one hour prior to performance. Call (718) 636-4100 to make reservations. PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION By Subway: 2, 3, 4 D, or Q to Atlantic Ave. B, N or R to Pacific St. D, M, N, Q or R to Dekalb Ave. G to Fulton St. 2, 3, 4, or 5 Nevins St. By Long Island Railroad Take L.I.R.R. to Flatbush Ave. terminal = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = In HEADPHONE-DRIVEN PERFORMANCE performers try to imitate vocal sounds that are played over headphones. The performers have never heard these sounds before, and yet they are asked to reproduce the input *as it happens*--with every word, pitch and expression accurate and *no lag time WHATEVER*. This last requirement makes the task quite impossible and the result resembles a strange, dramatic and mostly indecipherable new language--even though the source material is, for the most part, plain English. Here and there an intelligible word or phrase emerges. In some sections, simple movement directives are added, electronic signal tones cueing the performers to listen for instructions. To preserve the necessary element of surprise, each performer can execute a given role only once. Mock-up tapes are used for auditions, training and rehearsal. Headphone-driven performance is not an improvisation. The compositions are highly structured; and yet there is not--and cannot be--a written score. Most of the input material is speech, not song, and much of it is highly dramatic. This work is characterized by highly organized interplay between performers and musical accompaniment. The accompaniment and all of the headphone parts come from a single 8-channel digital tape. Headphone-driven performance focuses attention on the present moment--no one knows what will happen next, and the performers can't afford to look back. The audience shares in the very real sense of tension and danger. Raw emotions become abstracted and aestheticized; vocal behaviors happen that would otherwise simply be unobtainable. = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = I wouldn't want you to have to miss it just because you didn't know. Thanks for reading. joshua fried = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list. Don't want to be? Just reply with a blank message and it will be taken care of, with sincere apologies. Want to know more? See http://www.echonyc.com/~joshua = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <8e.1cf33978.29078636@aol.com> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:49:26 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single In a message dated 10/23/2001 10:37:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, aceduke@hotmail.com writes: > And I wasn't serious about them selling out. I just find it funny, and I > gather that they do too, that they constantly score world-class gigs that > would normally break a band into the big time, but they never really make > it. If they can put a song into an Austin Powers movie without America > finding out who they are, they can do anything. Heh, this is true, but considering that they didn't sing that song, it's not surprising...they got much more exposure for "Boss of Me." I mean, they were on Conan, Leon, and Kilborn to promote it. I think a lot more people discovered them in the past couple of years than ever have before, but bands that put the music before image have always had to struggle for recognition in an industry that pushes style over substance. > > And my real question is, promo single or not, is it out already, or when is > it coming out, or is it coming out at all? I find it hard to believe that > no > one's even remotely interested in more remixes. It's usually fairly easy to > I've seen it pop up on ebay from time to time. Kay [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] Everyone's Favorite Fake Flansburgh (except for those who prefer the other one): >Not changed their sound... hah. Mink car is some weirdo funky drum white >rapping electronic song altering pile of garbage. None of their other cds >are weirdo white rapping electronic song altering piles of garbage. Just >as >none of their cds before John Henry were goofy horn and organ babies raped >and freezing nonsense. They change their sound with every album and every song, though. They don't seem to be trying to cash in on the latest fad so much as to try a variety of styles. Sure, the addition of a live band changed TMBG's sound considerably, but that's wasn't selling out, just trying something new. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ >>Dr Pepper? Zuh? I'm confused! They doing music for Dr. Pepper now? >>Actually i think that "selling out" involves changing your sound to make >>money. Cherry Poppin Daddies did this when they magically converted to >>Swing. TMBG haven't changed their sound (well maybe with another first >>kiss, >>but that is only one song) so i'd have to say they haven't sold out, >>they've >>just sold. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Oct 23 23:34:11 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id f9O3YBa14307 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:34:11 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f69.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.69]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id f9O3YBN14298 for ; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:34:11 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:34:05 -0700 Received: from 63.20.178.49 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:34:05 GMT X-Originating-IP: [63.20.178.49] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Man It's So Loud EP Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:34:05 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 24 Oct 2001 03:34:05.0755 (UTC) FILETIME=[BB8E68B0:01C15C3C] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Erich: >You gotta concentrate on the >album itself which we all know sold decently but certainlty not enough. Perhaps an EP would help to promote the album? I don't really know how these things work, but I don't see Mink Car as having been promoted all that much anyway. >The UK music scene is so much better. But there, the commercial singles are usually kept to an incredibly short length, so that they can be included in chart figures or whatever. This means we probably won't be seeing any EP's of the length of "S-E-X-X-Y" or "The Guitar" there anytime soon. >Boss of Me was in the 20's it the charts, MISLIH should be around the > >same. I don't know about that. "Boss Of Me" had the sales boost from being tied into a hit TV show. That's not to say that MISLIH WON'T chart there, but I don't know that BOM is any indication for how MISLIH will do. >Anyway it's just a lost cause really. We'll all have our grubby little >hands >on a new TMBG single soon enough. Which one are you talking about? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Oct 23 23:36:27 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id f9O3aR114403 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:36:27 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-r05.mx.aol.com (imo-r05.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.101]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id f9O3aRN14392 for ; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:36:27 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com) Received: from CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com by imo-r05.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v31_r1.8.) id i.4a.94c52d (4539) for ; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:36:23 -0400 (EDT) From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <4a.94c52d.29079137@aol.com> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:36:23 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: You could say that we sold out, but that's just the way it goes To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_4a.94c52d.29079137_boundary" X-Mailer: AOL 6.0 for Windows US sub 10536 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com --part1_4a.94c52d.29079137_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In a message dated 10/23/01 11:29:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: > They change their sound with every album and every song, though. They don't > seem to be trying to cash in on the latest fad so much as to try a variety > of styles. Sure, the addition of a live band changed TMBG's sound > I totally agree. It seems to me that on this list, certain people (who I couldn't name, because I can't remember) always label "doing something that isn't like what made me like them in the first place" or "doing something new" as "selling out". So cheer up. DRW No others need apply. --part1_4a.94c52d.29079137_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In a message dated 10/23/01 11:29:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes:

They change their sound with every album and every song, though.  They don't
seem to be trying to cash in on the latest fad so much as to try a variety
of styles.  Sure, the addition of a live band changed TMBG's sound
considerably, but that's wasn't selling out, just trying something new.

I totally agree. It seems to me that on this list, certain people (who I couldn't name, because I can't remember) always label "doing something that isn't like what made me like them in the first place" or "doing something new" as "selling out".

So cheer up.

DRW
No others need apply.
--part1_4a.94c52d.29079137_boundary-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Oct 23 23:37:04 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id f9O3b3S14462 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:37:04 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f117.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.117]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id f9O3b3N14454 for ; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:37:03 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:36:57 -0700 Received: from 63.20.178.49 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:36:57 GMT X-Originating-IP: [63.20.178.49] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:36:57 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 24 Oct 2001 03:36:57.0790 (UTC) FILETIME=[2218DDE0:01C15C3D] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" John Ferrer: >Yeah, I phrased message pretty poorly, so I think I'll try again. First of >all, they just put the message about the Dr. Pepper ads up on >theymightbegiants.com. Apparently it's going to be original music for Diet >Dr. Pepper ads that sound a lot like those Chimp Channel shorts. Well, I know they did a spot for Coca-Cola a few years ago. Isn't Dr. Pepper a Pepsi product, though? TMBG must be working for RIVAL COMPANIES! >And my real question is, promo single or not, is it out already, or when is >it coming out, or is it coming out at all? I find it hard to believe that >no >one's even remotely interested in more remixes. Oh, I'm interested, but probably not quite enough to pay for four songs I already have AND shipping costs from Australia. TMBG fans usually seem to be pretty good about sharing such things, though. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Oct 23 23:40:42 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id f9O3egX14648 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:40:42 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-m06.mx.aol.com (imo-m06.mx.aol.com [64.12.136.161]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id f9O3egN14640 for ; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:40:42 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com) Received: from CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com by imo-m06.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v31_r1.8.) id i.8b.e16167f (4539) for ; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:40:22 -0400 (EDT) From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <8b.e16167f.29079226@aol.com> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:40:22 EDT Subject: TMBG: Look at my Setlists, mon! To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_8b.e16167f.29079226_boundary" X-Mailer: AOL 6.0 for Windows US sub 10536 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com --part1_8b.e16167f.29079226_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Here they are! Setlists members.aol.com/callmedoctorworm/setlists.html DRW --part1_8b.e16167f.29079226_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Here they are!
Setlists

members.aol.com/callmedoctorworm/setlists.html
DRW
--part1_8b.e16167f.29079226_boundary-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Oct 23 23:51:26 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id f9O3pQX15045 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:51:26 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from smtp.opcnet.com (IDENT:mirapoint@[63.101.87.3]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id f9O3pPN15037 for ; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:51:26 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from zaph@fruhead.com) Received: from fruhead.com (unknown.Level3.net [209.246.40.222] (may be forged)) by smtp.opcnet.com (Mirapoint) with ESMTP id AAM67178; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:51:23 -0700 (MST) Message-ID: <3BD63AD1.7F61AB5@fruhead.com> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:51:45 -0400 From: lawrence solomon X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.78 [en] (Win98; U) X-Accept-Language: en-GB,en,ja MIME-Version: 1.0 CC: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Look at my Setlists, mon! References: <8b.e16167f.29079226@aol.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: lawrence solomon CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com wrote: > > Here they are! > Setlists > members.aol.com/callmedoctorworm/setlists.html what is "DOOM?" that looks like a kickass setlist, too - Lucky Ball & Chain, Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes, *no* Particle Man.... also, could you please try to post to the list in plain text rather than html? it's kind of hard to read otherwise... From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Oct 23 23:52:45 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id f9O3qja15151 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:52:45 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from epimetheus.hosting4u.net (epimetheus.hosting4u.net [209.15.2.70]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id f9O3qiN15143 for ; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:52:44 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from meg@fisticuffs.org) Received: (qmail 32374 invoked from network); 24 Oct 2001 03:52:42 -0000 Received: from neptune.hosting4u.net (HELO fisticuffs.org) (209.15.2.22) by mail-gate.hosting4u.net with SMTP; 24 Oct 2001 03:52:42 -0000 Received: from 0019380480 ([149.31.84.153]) by fisticuffs.org ; Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:52:37 -0500 Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.20011023234352.007c2840@fisticuffs.org> X-Sender: meg@fisticuffs.org X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.6 (32) Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:43:52 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: Meg Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single In-Reply-To: Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Meg At 03:36 AM 10/24/01 +0000, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: >Well, I know they did a spot for Coca-Cola a few years ago. Isn't Dr. >Pepper a Pepsi product, though? TMBG must be working for RIVAL COMPANIES! Dr Pepper is actually owned by a third party company. You'll find it in both Coke and Pepsi vending machines. I cannot believe I know this. Meg -- "If I die because people are stupid, don't give me a twenty-one-gun salute." (Cheryl Wagner) + http://fisticuffs.org + From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Oct 24 00:02:11 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id f9O42BN15530 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:02:11 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-r04.mx.aol.com (imo-r04.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.100]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id f9O42BN15522 for ; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:02:11 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com) Received: from CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com by imo-r04.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v31_r1.8.) id i.a5.1d4fd8a5 (4539) for ; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:02:03 -0400 (EDT) From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:02:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Look at my Setlists, mon! To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_a5.1d4fd8a5.2907973a_boundary" X-Mailer: AOL 6.0 for Windows US sub 10536 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com --part1_a5.1d4fd8a5.2907973a_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In a message dated 10/23/01 11:51:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, zaph@fruhead.com writes: > what is "DOOM?" > > that looks like a kickass setlist, too - Lucky Ball & Chain, Nothing's Gonna > Change My Clothes, *no* Particle Man.... > > also, could you please try to post to the list in plain text rather than > html? it's kind of hard to read otherwise... > Yeah, I also noticed no particle man. And I have no idea what Doom is from the Odeon set. Also, with the Oberlin set, they never played "Fang". Anyone else notice this phenomenom? Sorry about the orange type. That's my default. DRW --part1_a5.1d4fd8a5.2907973a_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In a message dated 10/23/01 11:51:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, zaph@fruhead.com writes:

what is "DOOM?"

that looks like a kickass setlist, too - Lucky Ball & Chain, Nothing's Gonna
Change My Clothes, *no* Particle Man....

also, could you please try to post to the list in plain text rather than
html?  it's kind of hard to read otherwise...

Yeah, I also noticed no particle man. And I have no idea what Doom is from the Odeon set. Also, with the Oberlin set, they never played "Fang". Anyone else notice this phenomenom?

Sorry about the orange type. That's my default.

DRW
--part1_a5.1d4fd8a5.2907973a_boundary-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Oct 24 00:04:08 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id f9O448h15657 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:04:08 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from bohm.anu.edu.au (bohm.anu.edu.au [150.203.21.88]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id f9O446N15646 for ; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:04:07 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from s3174923@student.anu.edu.au) Received: from burgmann26 (fenner180.anu.edu.au [150.203.110.180]) by bohm.anu.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) with SMTP id OAA07531 for ; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:04:04 +1000 (EST) Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.20011024140604.0080bae0@student.anu.edu.au> X-Sender: s3174923@student.anu.edu.au X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.6 (32) Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:06:04 +1000 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: Ryan Mooney Subject: TMBG: No Logo Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Ryan Mooney >>TMBG fans usually seem to >>be pretty good about sharing such things, though. You (this is a genrric you) can wait until someone gets the single, MP3s the remix and uploads it. Or you can try to make a bit of a difference and help the band out by increasing their label's confidence in them. It costs a stamp - and they even handily print their address on the CDs... hell, you could just print this one off, sign your name at the bottom and stick it in an envelope. Restless Records 1901 South Bundy Drive Los Angeles CA 90025 Dear Restless, Baby, check this out. I've got something to say. They Might Be Giants' "Man, It's So Loud In Here" is seeing commercial success in the British and Australian markets - rising to the top 30 and top 40 respectively - but what about here in our own country? I am writing as one of many, many devoted TMBG fans who want - nay, yearn - nay, DEMAND a commercial release of a "Man, It's So Loud In Here" EP. We know about the remixes. We know about the B-sides. When are you going to let us have them? Check out the internet fanbase. Check out the online music review sites. Check out the zine culture. There are thousands of us eagerly awaiting the production of a new TMBG EP that we can hand our money over for. Don't disappoint us, because we won't disappoint you when it comes to sales. Yours sincerely, [Your name here] From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Oct 24 00:20:47 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id f9O4Klv16331 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:20:47 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-m05.mx.aol.com (imo-m05.mx.aol.com [64.12.136.8]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id f9O4KkN16323 for ; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:20:46 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from PRMega@aol.com) Received: from PRMega@aol.com by imo-m05.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v31_r1.8.) id i.133.37da1d9 (3928) for ; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:20:36 -0400 (EDT) From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: <133.37da1d9.29079b94@aol.com> Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:20:36 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Man It's So Loud EP tracklisting confirmed To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Windows sub 138 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: PRMega@aol.com << I mean, how much could one remix be worth? >> Not much. This version (as well as the "Radio Edit" version) were uploaded to the twistid ftp folder, and it's not very exciting at all. PR Mega From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Oct 24 00:36:23 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id f9O4aNH17069 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:36:23 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mplspop5.mpls.uswest.net (mplspop5.mpls.uswest.net [204.147.80.2]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id f9O4aMN17061 for ; Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:36:22 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from mohan1@uswest.net) Received: (qmail 7569 invoked from network); 24 Oct 2001 04:36:20 -0000 Received: from mplsdslgw22poolc233.mpls.uswest.net (HELO uswest.net) (63.231.227.233) by mplspop5.mpls.uswest.net with SMTP; 24 Oct 2001 04:36:20 -0000 Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:35:11 -0500 Message-ID: <3BD644FF.DE453A22@uswest.net> From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" To: "Meg" Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.61 [en]C-CCK-MCD (Win95; U) X-Accept-Language: en MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: TMBG: MISLIH single References: <3.0.6.32.20011023234352.007c2840@fisticuffs.org> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "James & Kimberly Mohan" ..And we salute you, Meg, for bringing this trivial information to light... (of course, i rib you a little...and I don't even know you. haHA!) 'WttJ' Jim Mohan TMBG Amb to MN 'He knows there's no such thing..' Meg wrote: > At 03:36 AM 10/24/01 +0000, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > >Well, I know they did a spot for Coca-Cola a few years ago. Isn't Dr. > >Pepper a Pepsi product, though? TMBG must be working for RIVAL COMPANIES! > > Dr Pepper is actually owned by a third party company. You'll find it in > both Coke and Pepsi vending machines. > > I cannot believe I know this. > > Meg > -- > "If I die because people are stupid, don't give > me a twenty-one-gun salute." (Cheryl Wagner) > + http://fisticuffs.org + ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #46-23 ******************************