Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #47-12 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 47, Number 12 Tuesday, 13 November 2001 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Your Mom's Alright lyrics Re: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle TMBG: Please Listen to "Disappointing Show" Again Re: TMBG: Please Listen to "Disappointing Show" Again TMBG: what you like from emusic TMBG: new dial a song Re: TMBG: Please Listen to "Disappointing Show" Again Re: TMBG: They might be giants TMBG: best play-list ever... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: Re: TMBG: Your Mom's Alright lyrics Message-ID: <1005573781.3befd695641a2@webmail.hampshire.edu> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:03:01 -0500 (EST) From: cfe98@hampshire.edu > what's " joss " ? Isn't it something they burn in Buddhist temples? All I know for certain is that "joss paper" is this flimsy stuff with sort of generic patterns on it that they sell for wicked cheap at the Asian food store, and that there are silly shops in Northampton that resell it at ten times its proper value to people who've never set foot inside a good bug-infested Asian food store. Christine [a religion concentrator for half of her undergraduate years and somehow managed to avoid Buddhism] Christine Fernsebner Eslao } cfe98@hampshire.edu } and we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:44:28 EST From: Furfr@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle Message-ID: <169.3c46aca.29213a4c@aol.com> I was positive it wasn't them (it sounded so flat) until very near the end when there was this little round sort of thing that lasted for about 5 seconds. It was fake bells or something; i thought it was nice. Then I was unsure a minute and thought, "I HOPE it's not them, because if *this* is what happens when they're too busy to do a decent job then I'd rather they weren't doing it." Then I sat, glued to the credits, but I only caught "Charles" too. :) In a message dated Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:36:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Erich Cannon" writes: > Anyone catch it tonight? I thought for a second it might be TMBG but then i figured it more then likely wasnt and listened more closly and it sounded so generic TMBG and i thought whoever is doing this is doing a good job of mixing up some generic tmbg sounds. So the credits said it was a Charles something (damn credits go so fast) It was interesting to hear this guy take what TMBG had done for the show the last two years and kind of mold a replica of our favorite band. its crazy i say CRAZY!!! > > Erich ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BF031EB.A9B163EA@pacificnet.net> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:32:51 -0800 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: TMBG: Please Listen to "Disappointing Show" Again Last week, I posted to the newsgroup and the tmbg.org list that "Disappointing Show" had some very annoying glitches in it. (Similar to the first time eMusic put "Fibber Island" up.) The sound cuts out for a fraction of a second a few times. Some people call them "hiccups. Anyway, three or four of you responded saying that you didn't any hear glitches in the file. Some suggested that I try downloading it again. I knew it was a possibility that the file got corrupted in the transfer. I've since downloaded it three more times and the exact same glitches occur in the same places on all. So I'm asking you all to listen to your copy again carefully. Look for these: 00:17: small glitch 00:47: big glitch 01:17: small glitch 01:47: big glitch (This is the worst one. Its sort of a stutter.) (In addition to that, there are a few clicks and buzzes but its difficult to tell if they happened during the recording.) Please help me by checking your copy in those four places. I'm hoping that eMusic will replace it with a non defective version before the October Issue over but I want to be 100% positive before I write to them. Thanks, B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006d01c16bbd$320342b0$3a1410ac@avesta.com> From: "Bryce" Subject: Re: TMBG: Please Listen to "Disappointing Show" Again Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 16:01:26 -0500 Bongo : > 00:17: small glitch > 00:47: big glitch > 01:17: small glitch > 01:47: big glitch (This is the worst one. Its sort of a stutter.) Yeah, your ears aren't lying to you, all of these really are in there. I'm willing to bet that they're also in the original source recording, but go ahead and write EMusic anyway just in case. I don't remember the sound cutting out at all as it was being performed. Somebody with enough patience and the right software could probably edit out the stutter. So even if EMusic says there's nothing they can do, there's still hope for some improvement. Bryce I saw it. ------------------------------ From: "Miss Karen" Subject: TMBG: what you like from emusic Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 05:41:47 Message-ID: Since TMBG will be discontinuing the Emusic Unlimited program at the end of the year, I'm going to cancel my subscription at that time. I don't think I've made the most of the program so I'd like to ask everyone for recommendations on stuff to download. I know a couple of bands have been mentioned in the past but I forgot. For my part, I'd like to recommend Laura Cantrell's excellent Not the Tremblin' Kind. I especially loved the songs Queen of the Coast and The Way It Is. Amy Rigby's The Sugar Tree was a great discovery (Rode Hard is my fave song from there.) And of course, Elvis Costello. Thanks guys! Karen "Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been spread over too much bread." --Bilbo Baggins _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: Fishandoranges@aol.com Message-ID: <46.1d946e24.2921b7b5@aol.com> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:39:33 EST Subject: TMBG: new dial a song they've got a new dial a song up....although it's not too new...*grumble*. it's the "moat of the castle" song again, though perhaps we'll get it as an mp3 from emusic this month as we did last month? nice advice from flans at the end, there. -your friendly orange-flavoured fish- [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] I checked my copy for the big glitch at 1:47, and it was there. I re-downloaded it, and saw it again. I didn't check for the other glitches, but I figured if one was there, there was no need to check the others. At 12:32 PM 11/12/01 -0800, you wrote: > Last week, I posted to the newsgroup and the tmbg.org list that >"Disappointing Show" had some very annoying glitches in it. (Similar to >the first time eMusic put "Fibber Island" up.) The sound cuts out for a >fraction of a second a few times. Some people call them "hiccups. > > Anyway, three or four of you responded saying that you didn't any >hear glitches in the file. Some suggested that I try downloading it >again. I knew it was a possibility that the file got corrupted in the >transfer. I've since downloaded it three more times and the exact same >glitches occur in the same places on all. So I'm asking you all to >listen to your copy again carefully. > >Look for these: > >00:17: small glitch >00:47: big glitch >01:17: small glitch >01:47: big glitch (This is the worst one. Its sort of a stutter.) Mitch http://www.mitcharf.com/ "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." - Matt Groening From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 13 00:34:22 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fAD5YM111800 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 13 Nov 2001 00:34:22 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f7.law8.hotmail.com [216.33.241.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fAD5YMu11792 for ; Tue, 13 Nov 2001 00:34:22 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from superspanger@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:34:16 -0800 Received: from 203.54.212.179 by lw8fd.law8.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 13 Nov 2001 05:34:16 GMT X-Originating-IP: [203.54.212.179] From: "*SUPER SPANGER*" To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: They might be giants Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:34:16 +1100 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 13 Nov 2001 05:34:16.0608 (UTC) FILETIME=[D5D24200:01C16C04] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "*SUPER SPANGER*"

Sarah said...

>vinyl, d'ya mean? i found a copy of it for $3. :)

Yeah thats the one.  I was very happy... :D

"**Bounding and leaping... Like a fearless deer!**"

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 13 00:59:30 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fAD5xUp12301 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 13 Nov 2001 00:59:30 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f265.law8.hotmail.com [216.33.240.140]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fAD5xUu12293 for ; Tue, 13 Nov 2001 00:59:30 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from superspanger@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:59:24 -0800 Received: from 203.54.212.179 by lw8fd.law8.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 13 Nov 2001 05:59:23 GMT X-Originating-IP: [203.54.212.179] From: "*SUPER SPANGER*" To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: best play-list ever... Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:59:23 +1100 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 13 Nov 2001 05:59:24.0669 (UTC) FILETIME=[58B21AD0:01C16C08] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "*SUPER SPANGER*"

Ok.  so what I'd really like to know is...  what would be the best TMBG playlist ever...  any song any order??

"Super-carbs".
Now you all sound like my math teacher. "Super-anuity, not just anuity." "Super-accurate".... The sad thing is I'm being serious, or is that super-serious not just serious??"
"**Bounding and leaping... Like a fearless deer!**"

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #47-12 ******************************