Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #47-17 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 47, Number 17 Sunday, 18 November 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: MISLIH - not yet Re: TMBG: Help!!! TMBG: Man.... single TMBG: MISLIH single... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "- -" Subject: TMBG: MISLIH - not yet Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 18:57:46 +0000 Message-ID: >Just a reminder to British and Australian listers: the "Man, It's So Loud >In Here" single is out now No, it's not. December 3rd is the UK release date. Also, Mink Car is due out on the 19th. Presently, all music shops here in Oxford are void of these 2 albums. -r _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Help!!! Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 21:33:34 +0000 Message-ID: Bongo: >Nathan Mulac DeHoff (regarding my idea to offer copies of the entire TMBG >UnLtd >collection to all that want them because so much of it was non exclusive >and >flawed) wrote: > > > > > And you would consider stealing to be fair in this situation? That's > > awfully harsh, isn't it? > > In general, I agree that sharing the files would sort of be like >"stealing" but EMusic has "stolen" from ME by locking me into a deal and >then >giving me less than promised. Maybe you could clear up how you got "less than promised." While technical glitches are annoying, I don't recall eMusic ever promising that there wouldn't be any. In fact, there have been repeated warnings that the quality was far from perfect. As for the extent of non-exclusive material, I agree that they overdid it, but, once again, I can't see how eMusic broke any promises for doing this. I mean, they advertised the service as including Mink Car previews, so you can't exactly fault them for including these. >As for myself, I purchased them >all new. How many of you can say that? When I learned of the "Factory >Showroom >Outtakes" I posted several times that its wrong to have them. Everyone told >me >to lighten the hell up. Where were you then to back me up Nathan? I don't think I was on the list at that point. > And what about songs that are now out of print like "Welcome to the >Jungle". >Are they off limits? I'm sure that a lot of you will note that the >bootlegger's >code of ethics says it okay to trade songs that are out of print as long as >its >not for profit. I've always agreed with that. In six weeks from now, if >TMBG >UnLtd is no longer available, doesn't it fall into the "out of print" >category? >Even if I didn't have a score to settle with EMusic, wouldn't all of the >recordings be fair game on January 1 anyway? Well, I think eMusic is presenting a unique and confusing situation. By making these songs only available through a package deal and for a limited time, they've created a sticky situation, and one for which I can see arguments on both sides. Should this material be made available to people who couldn't get it through eMusic, for various reasons (not a fan yet, unaware of the service, no Internet access, not enough money to afford the whole Unlimited package, etc.)? I definitely think it should be. On the other hand, do I want other people getting for free what some of us paid $120 for? Not really, and I think the amount of material and the amount of money paid for it makes it a much bigger deal than any compilation album or out-of-print EP. I think the best solution is for eMusic to put up the exclusive tracks to download for 99 cents each (which they really should have done all along, in my opinion, but that wouldn't have allowed them to advertise their Unlimited service as effectively). They probably won't do that, though, and even THAT leaves open the question as to how people without Internet connections can get this stuff (a point I've been arguing ever since Long Tall Weekend). -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "*SUPER SPANGER*" Subject: TMBG: Man.... single Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 16:32:30 +1100 Message-ID: I got my single on Thursday... I love the remix of "Man..." Lyndy "**Bounding and leaping... Like a fearless deer!**" _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: TMBG: MISLIH single... Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 23:37:51 -0700 Message-ID: Ok. I need it. Must have it! Preferrably both the Australian and UK versions, if they are actually different... Anyone offering? :) Signed, Nicholas Wolf TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #47-17 ******************************