Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #47-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 47, Number 21 Thursday, 22 November 2001 Today's Topics: Re: NON-TMBG: What? TMBG: I need a 12 step program TMBG: 12 Step Program Re: NON-TMBG: What? RE: NON-TMBG: What? TMBG: John Hart TMBG: New TMBG fanatic Re: TMBG: New TMBG fanatic Re: TMBG: Re: What Secret Track? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: PosterKid1@aol.com Message-ID: <17.1ee39292.292cc526@aol.com> Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 03:51:50 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: What? In a message dated 11/21/01 2:13:52 AM, CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com writes: << What the hell is "gonads and strife"? >> You must not have gone through puberty yet. ------------------------------ From: "*SUPER SPANGER*" Subject: TMBG: I need a 12 step program Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:57:13 +1100 Message-ID: Hey all. I seriously need some form of AA style help for my addiction to TMBG. I cant handle all this 'mink car/tmbg' stuff that is going on. I'm on Giants over load... And I'm going to share it all with you people ... WARNING... Long post!! Hi. My names Lyndy and I've been addicted to TMBG since 1998 when I got my first album. Its all been down hill for the bank account and my sanity since I pulled the wrapping of that copy of 'severe tire damage' and put it in the player. I'm here today because I think I'm just about to overdoes on TMBG and I need help!! Firstly on Sunday the Radio station I listen to Played 'Cyclops rock' followed right away by a new song by one of my other favourite bands. This spun me out... I thought I was in heaven.... Than it happened again in that order on Monday and while I was telling my step-mum about it happening twice, she just smiled and I think her brain went "Lyndys Giants storys... number a zillion and two", Man came on... he he I just about freaked out... Then this moring while I had a free period at school I was looking thru a music mag/street paper and there was an ad for 'mink car' so I pulled it out and put it in my folder... It was to come in handly later in the day much to my amazement.... This was the part that really got me... I wasnt sure if I was awake or not... I was eating lunch ( back groung info: I've just started sitting with a new bunch of peolpe who I dont know very well) when one, all of a sudden and out of the blue, says "I hate they might be giants" I was shocked... I dont hear people say those four words in that order very often so I jumped up... ran around, pulled out the above mentioned AD and went on about how it's only someting like only 17 more sleeps and stuff till I see them... At this point 2 more people join the convo and the first one leaves... Guy 2 "i love that racist friend song" me "cool" guy 2 "nah I like the planet of the apes song better" guy 3 "they suck" guy 2 "nah thats where craig got 'person man' from"(starts singing 'Particle man' Guy 3 "oh cool" "what else do they sing" me "dr worm" (guy 3 is a drummer) guy 3 sings dr worm guy 2 "nah I like tenacious D better" End of my little giants convo... I think thats the first TMBG conversation I've ever had with somebody where I havn't had to explain who they are and where the person hasn't been a family member... :) The last cool thing happened about half and hour ago.... My step-mum came in the room where I'm sitting at the moment and said "baby check this out" is a giants song isnt it?? And I went yeah why?? and she saud that it was being used as intro music on a show we watch sometimes... Cool... Somebody at 'the panel' likes TMBG... I know all this might seem insignificant but I love hearing/seeing TMBG in the media... Its just such a strange feeling to me to just walk into a room and hear THEM on the radio... Before the release of Mink car I could count the times I'd heard THEM on the radio... and to see little things about them in the mags I read ect... Later... sorry to bore y'all.... I think its because I dont have all my mates around so i'm not talking as much and I make up for it when I get home, on the phone or on the web. Later dudes and dudettes...Lyndy "**Bounding and leaping... Like a fearless deer!**" _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Shannon Schipper" Subject: TMBG: 12 Step Program Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:04:16 -0600 Message-ID: Sorry to say that it won't get any better....I've been addicted for a good 10 years, ever since my big brother's friend introduced me to Them when I was nine. I still get giddy when I freakin see Their name in the MitM credits. It's a sad, sad world I live in.... Shannon "Your revolution will not happen between these thighs." --Sarah Jones _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Eric Fiedler" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: What? Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:50:57 Message-ID: WOOOOOO! >From: owner-tmbg-digest@>Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: What? > >Weeeeeee! > >Beth >Enh, one word posts. > >------------------------------ > >End of tmbg-list Digest #47-20 >****************************** _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Subject: RE: NON-TMBG: What? Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:00:00 -0500 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Sheeesh..... ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: What? Author: "Eric Fiedler" Date: 11/21/01 9:50 AM WOOOOOO! >From: owner-tmbg-digest@>Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: What? > >Weeeeeee! > >Beth >Enh, one word posts. > >------------------------------ > >End of tmbg-list Digest #47-20 >****************************** _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:19:29 -0800 Subject: TMBG: John Hart Message-ID: <20011121.101930.-2025417.0.Garrett27@juno.com> From: garrett27@juno.com Someone sent me an email with a list of men who had signed the Declaration of Independence and supposedly what had happened to them....one particular name caught my attention: John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. A few weeks later he died from exhaustion and a broken heart. Norris and Livingston suffered similar fates. ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200111212338.fALNc8L289942@pimout1-int.prodigy.net> From: Subject: TMBG: New TMBG fanatic Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 23:57 +0000 Hello all, new to the list...Just wondering if anyone on the list is from the Jacksonville, FL area.....and what is up with email for tmbg.org? I 'applied' several days ago but haven't heard anything....and is IRC relatively busy? I am new to TMBG but am soooo fixated! They are so awesome! I think I am going to make the guy who turned me onto them sick of them, I talk about them so much...Hope to hear from someone regarding my questions... Jenn ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 19:46:48 -0500 (EST) From: David Mccaleb Subject: Re: TMBG: New TMBG fanatic Message-ID: Tallahassee is pretty close to Jacksonville. Anyway, the tmbg.org server went down a couple months ago, and its still running off an old copy, so that might have something to do with it. I dont know about the IRC. Oh, and the obsession only gets worse. But its a good harmless obsession at least. I think. David On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 switsawa@prodigy.net wrote: > Hello all, new to the list...Just wondering if anyone on the list is from the Jacksonville, FL area.....and what is up with email for tmbg.org? I 'applied' several days ago but haven't heard anything....and is IRC relatively busy? I am new to TMBG but am soooo fixated! They are so awesome! I think I am going to make the guy who turned me onto them sick of them, I talk about them so much...Hope to hear from someone regarding my questions... > > Jenn > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BFC98B6.AC96EC46@pacificnet.net> Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:18:32 -0800 From: Gary Organization: None Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: What Secret Track? John David Crafton wrote: > coke ad. > > > > > Just curious- What is the Secret track on the new UNLTD that Linnell > > couldn't say in his message? > > > > dan I'm assuming it was only a secret because they couldn't use the words "Coke" or "Coca-Cola" for reasons similar to "A.K.A. Driver". Except that I was under the impression that the ad was titled "Always Be Giant." Maybe that phrase now has legal restrictions on it too. Well they could have called it "Always "Be A.K.A." Anyway, the version of the Coke ad on UnLtd is longer than the one I got from twisid. -B O N G O ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #47-21 ******************************