Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #47-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 47, Number 23 Saturday, 24 November 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: A Typical Conversation with a Non TMBG Fan (was RE: 12 step program) Re: TMBG: John Hart Re: TMBG: New TMBG fanatic Re: TMBG: I need a 12 step program TMBG: Fingertips:"Donkey Kong-O"? TMBG: RE: trivia question.... Re: TMBG: Fingertips:"Donkey Kong-O"? Re: TMBG: RE: trivia question.... Re: EMusic Quality Debate Continues (was: "Re: TMBG: Help!!!") Re: TMBG: John Hart Re: TMBG: Fingertips:"Donkey Kong-O"? TMBG: Re: TMBG list TMBG: Flans fan Re: TMBG: Flans fan TMBG: UK stuff "That Other Guy" Re: TMBG: Flans fan TMBG: Re: Flans fan Re: TMBG: Re: Flans fan Re: TMBG: RE: trivia question.... TMBG: Re: UK stuff Re: TMBG: Help!!! Re: TMBG: Flans fan Re: TMBG: Flans fan Re: TMBG: Flans fan Re: TMBG: UK stuff Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3BFE225A.EE10E79A@pacificnet.net> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 02:18:16 -0800 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: TMBG: A Typical Conversation with a Non TMBG Fan (was RE: 12 step program) switsawa@prodigy.net wrote: > Where are you from that people actually know who TMBG is? That's a question I've often asked here. Many people on this list live in some wonderful parallel universe where everyone who saw Tiny Tunes ran out and bought "Flood" and have been big fans ever since. I however, live in a world where it goes a little more like this: Person: "What are some of you favorite bands?" Me: "You wouldn't have heard of any of them." Person: "Try me. You just might be surprised!" Me: "Well ... have you ever heard of They Might Be Giants?" Person: "No." Me: "Well, they aren't too well known." Person: "Oh that's just like my friend Jason's band. They mostly just play in bars or at friends' parties." Me: "No, its not like that. These guys have been on major record labels and had some small hits" Person: "Like what?" Me: "Ever hear 'Istanbul (not Constantinople) or Birdhouse in Your Soul or 'Don't Let's Start' Person: "Mmmm ... No." Me: "Okay. That was 10 or 15 years ago." Person: "How do they go?" Me: "Well, I'm not going to *sing* them." Person: "What kind of music is it?" Me: "Difficult to explain" Person: "Well try. They gotta sound like something." Me: "Yeah but probably like something you never heard before." Person: "Well, how does it sound. Is it techno, rock or what?" Me: "Its alternative rock, I guess." Person: "Oh, like Foo Fighters." Me: "Nothing like Foo Fighters. A lot of it is high energy music. Person: "Like No Doubt?" Me: "No. Nothing like that. More like..." Person: "I was thinking of dying my hair pink." Me: "Huh?" Person: "Like Gwen Steffani from No Doubt" Me: "Oh. That would be something. Anyway, They Might Be.... Person: "What do you think of that?" Me: " Dying your hair? Sure, if that's what you want." Person: "I think it would look awesome." Me: "Yeah, it might. But what I was going to say was if you really want to know what They Might Be Giants are like, I'll make you a mix disc of some of their songs." Person: "No I'm just messin'. I would never die my hair stupid pink. That would look so stupid.. I'm sorry, what? A CD?. Hell yeah! Make me one! I'd like that." Me: "Okay. I'll give it to you tomorrow. [...One Week Later...] Me: "What did you think of the CD." Person: "What CD?" Me: The They Might Be Giants CD I made you. Person: "Oh! You know what? I really haven't had time to listen to it. I've been so busy. I'll listen to it this weekend." [...Another Week Later...] Me: "So what did you think about the CD?" Person: " Oh, you mean that 'Mighty Mighty Giants' CD? Me: 'They Might Be Giants." Person: "Okay! Okay! 'They May Be Giants"! 'They May Be Giants'! Damn! Chill dude." Me: "Did you get a chance to listen to it?" Person: "Why yes, I did in fact!." Me: "Did you like it?" Person: "Yeah, it was really cool." Me: "I'm glad you liked it. Did you recognize the one I that were hits." Person: "Like what ones?" Me: Like "Istanbul" Person: "Ummm... which one was that again?" Me: "You know, 'Istanbul was Constantinople. Now its its Istanbul not Constantinople" Person: "Ummm. I don't think I heard that one. I didn't get a chance to hear the whole CD." Me: "It was the third song I put on there." Person: "Oh well, I guess I did hear it then. I just don't remember how it went." Me: "Did you like any of the ones you can remember?" Person: "Yeah." Me: "What ones did you like the best?" Person: "What ones did I like the best? .... Okay, let me think. .... ALL of them really." Me: "Oh." Person: "I like that one that goes, "Everything is going wrong! Everything is going wrong! Me: "Everything Right Is Wrong Again"? Person: "There ya go! I knew it was something like that." Me: "That was the first song I put on it." Person: "Was it? I don't remember." Me: "You got a CD player in your car don't you?" Person: "Yeah." Me: "You should listen to it on the way home from work sometime. Its good driving music." Person: "I'm going to do that." [...One Month Later...] Me: "Did you get a chance to listen to the rest of that CD?" Person: "CD?" Me: "They Might Be Gi..." Person: "Yeah! That CD you made for me!" Me: "Did you get a chance to listen to the rest of it?" Person: "Not really. Haven't gotten around to it." Me: "That's okay. You don't have to force yourself. Just forget it." Person: "Sorry. It's not really my kind of music. Its kind of stupid." Me: "Actually, they are very intelligent." Person: "I don't mean stupid. I mean its weird. What the hell are they singing about?" Me: "If you really wanted to know, I'd try to explain it but I don't think you do. It doesn't matter. Let's change the subject." Person: "And what's that guy talking in the middle of the song: 'I got to do dumb things today'. Why does he do that? Its so irritating." Me: "I thought you said you liked that song?" Person: "It gets on my nerves." Me: "Okay. Never mind." Person: "You got that frown on your face and I can tell you're pissed off now." Me: "Not at all. Not at all. I was thinking of an unrelated thing." -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BFE258A.BF234C1@pacificnet.net> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 02:31:53 -0800 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: Re: TMBG: John Hart Gary wrote: > > Linnell most likely chose the name "Johnny Hart" as an homage to the man > who wrote "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer". His name was Johnny Marks. (But > considering that Linnell has an interest in U.S. history, it seems possible > the historical John Hart was also a factor.) > > I downloaded a jpeg of the Declaration of Independence to hunt for John Hart's signature. I couldn't find it but someone did sign it, "John Sid." Weird. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BFE4693.A788F841@pacificnet.net> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 04:52:54 -0800 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: Re: TMBG: New TMBG fanatic switsawa@prodigy.net wrote: > Hello all, new to the list...Just wondering if anyone on the list is from the Jacksonville, FL area.....and what is up with email for tmbg.org? I 'applied' several days ago but haven't heard anything....and is IRC relatively busy? I am new to TMBG but am soooo fixated! They are so awesome! I think I am going to make the guy who turned me onto them sick of them, I talk about them so much...Hope to hear from someone regarding my questions... > > Jenn Welcome to the list, Jenn Welcome to the list, Jenn Welcome to it, Jenn Welcome to the list, Anne Welcome to the list, Dan Welcome to it, John Think you're gonna like it We think you're gonna like it Once you've given the list a chance Think you're gonna like it Once you've given it a chance On the li-iii-iii-iii-iii-ist On the li-iii-iii-iii-iii-ist On the li-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-ist Now you will be with us Put your posts on our forum Lift up each thread and see all the fans That share the list with us Welcome to us Welcome to us listees listees Flame me on my views again Flame me on my views again Flame me on my views Flame me on my views again Flame me on my views again Flame me on my views Didn't really like I didn't really like The last time when you flamed me on my views Didn't really like The last time when you flamed my views On the li-iii-iii-iii-iii-ist On the li-iii-iii-iii-iii-ist On the li-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-iii-ist Now you will be with us Put your posts on our forum Lift up each thread and see all the fans That share the list with us Throw up your hands to the server's bugs We are so used to them See how the server bounces your posts In a way I'd never I do -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BFE51FF.DA67E014@pacificnet.net> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 05:41:41 -0800 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: Re: TMBG: I need a 12 step program [Badly formed multipart message, contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BFE6064.EB804F4A@pacificnet.net> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 06:43:07 -0800 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: TMBG: Fingertips:"Donkey Kong-O"? On the Nov. TMBG UnLtd, in the live version of "Fingertips" at 4:51 (during the "Darkened Corridors" section) Linnell screams out something. What is he saying? It sounds like one of the following: "Don't you congo!" "Dot com oh!" "Donkey Kong-O!" "Don the Condor!" But I doubt its any of those. -B O N G O __________________________________________ "I'm having a heart attack. (Girl, you know it's true!)" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200111231549.fANFngL314114@pimout1-int.prodigy.net> From: Subject: TMBG: RE: trivia question.... Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 16:09 +0000 OK, here is a maaaaajor stretch.....how about William Williams....("Absolutely Bill's Mood")... Jenn ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.20011123114738.007cf580@fisticuffs.org> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:47:38 -0500 From: Meg Subject: Re: TMBG: Fingertips:"Donkey Kong-O"? At 06:43 AM 11/23/01 -0800, Bongo wrote: > On the Nov. TMBG UnLtd, in the live version of "Fingertips" at 4:51 >(during the "Darkened Corridors" section) Linnell screams out something. > >What is he saying? Um... He screams, "DARKENED CORRIDORS!" HTH. Meg -- "If I die because people are stupid, don't give me a twenty-one-gun salute." (Cheryl Wagner) + http://fisticuffs.org + ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BFE8123.5418C2DE@pacificnet.net> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:02:32 -0800 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: Re: TMBG: RE: trivia question.... switsawa@prodigy.net wrote: > OK, here is a maaaaajor stretch.....how about William Williams....("Absolutely Bill's Mood")... > > Jenn There's a William Williams in "Absolutely Bill Mood?" That must be some version I haven't heard. Where you replying to this question?: >Name a man who's name appears both on The Declaration of Independence and in a TMBG song? (I can't believe none of the brainiacs on this list know this!) -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: EMusic Quality Debate Continues (was: "Re: TMBG: Help!!!") Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:39:21 +0000 Message-ID: Bongo: > > While technical > > glitches are annoying, I don't recall eMusic ever promising that there > > wouldn't be any. > > C'mon now... Do you own stock in EMusic or something? McDonald's >doesn't >promise you that there won't be maggots in their Quarter Pounders either >but >there are some thing you expect a business to take efforts to prevent. If >they >do occur, you expect them be concerned and eager to correct them. True. While I really don't think the glitches are as big a deal as you make them out to be, I'm still interested in knowing how eMusic responds to your complaints. Have you gotten a reply yet? > > In fact, there have been repeated warnings that the > > quality was far from perfect. > > I recall only the one for The Flood Show. I'd appreciate if you could >tell >me for which months/songs these disclaimers occurred. I'm pretty sure July had one. >(Although, I have to warn >you that if you do, you'll be helping in my case against EMusic.) That's okay. I'm not really defending eMusic, just saying that your reaction and suggested response seem a bit extreme. >Its going to be impossible to know who >was a legit subscriber. One fan offered to make CD versions of LTW for >subscribers without burners. He was asking that you send him track times or >files sizes of the mp3s but now that the times are on tmbg.org's >discography, >that won't work. But the file sizes would still work, wouldn't they? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: John Hart Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:45:29 +0000 Message-ID: Bongo: >And now trivia question relating to this thread: >Name a man who's name appears both on The Declaration of Independence and >in >a TMBG song? Are you thinking of that Jefferson guy? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Kate Sith" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fingertips:"Donkey Kong-O"? Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:06:18 -0500 Message-ID: tmbgUmm, is it maybe "Darkened corridors"? -Kate Sith Queen of Spades TMBG Ambassador to the State of Michigan Keeper of Ewan McGregor's Smile * ------------------------------------------------------------ "I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time Well, I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what." -J. Linnell "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." -The Magical Sitar "This pig-shaped bush frightens and confuses me." -G. Threepwood >From: Bongo >Reply-To: Bongo >To: "tmbg-list@tmbg.org" >Subject: TMBG: Fingertips:"Donkey Kong-O"? >Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 06:43:07 -0800 > > On the Nov. TMBG UnLtd, in the live version of "Fingertips" at 4:51 >(during the "Darkened Corridors" section) Linnell screams out something. > >What is he saying? > > It sounds like one of the following: > >"Don't you congo!" > >"Dot com oh!" > >"Donkey Kong-O!" > >"Don the Condor!" > > > But I doubt its any of those. > >-B O N G O >__________________________________________ >"I'm having a heart attack. (Girl, you know it's true!)" > > > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Kate Sith" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG list Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:13:58 -0500 Message-ID: ahhhh! ^_^ Who's Terry Goodkind? eep! Queen of Spades refers to David Spade. -Kate Sith Queen of Spades TMBG Ambassador to the State of Michigan Keeper of Ewan McGregor's Smile * ------------------------------------------------------------ "I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time Well, I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what." -J. Linnell "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." -The Magical Sitar "This pig-shaped bush frightens and confuses me." -G. Threepwood >From: >Reply-To: >To: >Subject: TMBG list >Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:47 +0000 > >Hey Kate; new to the list and just curious about your signature....are you >a Terry Goodkind fan? and as far as online spades....Lycos or yahoo? > >Jenn > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200111240353.fAO3rVf272020@pimout4-int.prodigy.net> From: Subject: TMBG: Flans fan Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 04:13 +0000 Hey all, why are all the chicks fixated on Linnell? FLANS IS A BABE!!!! I leave this open for discussion.... Jenn ------------------------------ From: BethJE@aol.com Message-ID: <168.46eb052.293074d1@aol.com> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:58:09 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans fan Jenn > Hey all, why are all the chicks fixated on Linnell? FLANS IS A BABE!!!! I > leave this open for discussion.... I'll tell you what. You're right. While I think Linnell is great, I'm a Flansgirl, as well. Also, it annoys me, when people make Flans out to be some kind of Art Garfunkle-like figure. Beth ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:58:40 EST Subject: TMBG: UK stuff Just bought the UK Mink Car and Boss of Me single from Amazon.co.uk. It's actually cheaper than getting the Amazon.com imports. Figures. Well, it should be "dispatched" in about a week. Weeeeeeeeeeeee! DRW But it doesn't really rhyme, doesn't rhyme, overseas. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 23:33:50 -0500 (EST) From: Christine Fernsebner Eslao Subject: "That Other Guy" Re: TMBG: Flans fan Message-ID: I will admit to being somewhat Linnell-fixated myself, but I recently went to a show where this girl with whom I was waiting in line asked me which side of the stage I would try to get near: "the John Linnell side, or that other guy?" Damn. Christine Fernsebner Eslao | cfe98@hampshire.edu On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 switsawa@prodigy.net wrote: > Hey all, why are all the chicks fixated on Linnell? FLANS IS A BABE!!!! I leave this open for discussion.... > > Jenn > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000f01c174a8$1c8cc5c0$2ff20341@moline1.il.home.com> From: "Jackie York" Subject: TMBG: Re: Flans fan Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 23:23:12 -0600 In case anyone is interested. Here's a website my friend found: http://www.rpi.edu/~vecchr/FOF/index.html Nothing against Linnell, but Flans has always been my favorite too. Jackie ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Friday, November 23, 2001 10:13 PM Subject: TMBG: Flans fan > Hey all, why are all the chicks fixated on Linnell? FLANS IS A BABE!!!! I leave this open for discussion.... > > Jenn > ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <11b.7ecae29.29308a2e@aol.com> Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 00:29:18 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Flans fan In a message dated 11/24/01 12:25:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, itsfuntosteal@home.com writes: > In case anyone is interested. Here's a website my friend found: > http://www.rpi.edu/~vecchr/FOF/index.html > > Nothing against Linnell, but Flans has always been my favorite too. > Jackie Wasn't/Isn't the proprietor of this site on this list? DRW Like Flansy in a soda can. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] >Name a man who's name appears both on The Declaration of Independence and in a TMBG song? dammit, i can't remember his full name... it's that Jefferson guy! =) ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Nov 24 00:43:27 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fAO5hR653286 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 00:43:27 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from femail19.sdc1.sfba.home.com (femail19.sdc1.sfba.home.com [24.0.95.128]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fAO5hQu53278 for ; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 00:43:26 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from itsfuntosteal@home.com) Received: from c128776a ([65.3.242.47]) by femail19.sdc1.sfba.home.com (InterMail vM.4.01.03.20 201-229-121-120-20010223) with SMTP id <20011124054325.KCEC13005.femail19.sdc1.sfba.home.com@c128776a>; Fri, 23 Nov 2001 21:43:25 -0800 Message-ID: <003101c174aa$aa113000$2ff20341@moline1.il.home.com> From: "Jackie York" To: , References: Subject: TMBG: Re: UK stuff Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 23:41:28 -0600 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Jackie York" Does anyone know if Your Mom's Alright is remixed at all for the UK Mink Car? Jackie ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Friday, November 23, 2001 9:58 PM Subject: TMBG: UK stuff > Just bought the UK Mink Car and Boss of Me single from Amazon.co.uk. It's > actually cheaper than getting the Amazon.com imports. Figures. > > Well, it should be "dispatched" in about a week. > > Weeeeeeeeeeeee! > > DRW > But it doesn't really rhyme, doesn't rhyme, overseas. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Nov 24 01:20:45 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fAO6KjS53918 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:20:45 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f138.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.138]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fAO6Kiu53910 for ; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:20:44 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:20:39 -0800 Received: from 63.10.25.63 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 06:20:38 GMT X-Originating-IP: [63.10.25.63] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Help!!! Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 06:20:38 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 24 Nov 2001 06:20:39.0196 (UTC) FILETIME=[22EABDC0:01C174B0] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Bryce: >I haven't tried this myself, as I don't have FreeAmp and haven't needed to >try. Let me know how it goes if you try it. I downloaded FreeAmp (no thanks to anyone on here), but I can't figure out to get it to download these files. (And yes, I am logged in to eMusic.) Can anyone help? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Nov 24 01:20:51 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fAO6KpG53952 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:20:51 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f166.pav2.hotmail.com [64.4.37.166]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fAO6Kou53943 for ; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:20:50 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from katesith@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:20:45 -0800 Received: from 24.22.73.109 by pv2fd.pav2.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 06:20:44 GMT X-Originating-IP: [24.22.73.109] From: "Kate Sith" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans fan Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:20:44 -0500 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 24 Nov 2001 06:20:45.0080 (UTC) FILETIME=[266C9180:01C174B0] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Kate Sith" Hey, I know a lot of Flans fans! In fact, it seems like I'm the only Linnell lover left, nowadays. ^_^ I recently got a hug from Flansie, and after that I loved him almost as much as Darling Lin, but I don't think I'll ever stop being a Lin Lover. I tend to like slim guys, and there's just something about that nasal voice of his, and when he makes voices that seem as though they couldn't possibly be coming out of him. ^_^ I like that, too. -Kate Sith Queen of Spades TMBG Ambassador to the State of Michigan Keeper of Ewan McGregor's Smile * ------------------------------------------------------------ "I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time Well, I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what." -J. Linnell "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." -The Magical Sitar "This pig-shaped bush frightens and confuses me." -G. Threepwood >From: BethJE@aol.com >Reply-To: BethJE@aol.com >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans fan >Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:58:09 EST > >Jenn > > Hey all, why are all the chicks fixated on Linnell? FLANS IS A BABE!!!! > I > > leave this open for discussion.... > >I'll tell you what. You're right. While I think Linnell is great, I'm a >Flansgirl, as well. > >Also, it annoys me, when people make Flans out to be some kind of Art >Garfunkle-like figure. > > >Beth _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Nov 24 01:21:46 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fAO6LkC54048 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:21:46 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f67.law12.hotmail.com [64.4.19.67]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fAO6Lju54040 for ; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:21:45 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from kinnsey3@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:21:40 -0800 Received: from 206.196.112.235 by lw12fd.law12.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 06:21:39 GMT X-Originating-IP: [206.196.112.235] From: "Shannon Schipper" To: switsawa@prodigy.net, tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans fan Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 00:21:39 -0600 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 24 Nov 2001 06:21:40.0065 (UTC) FILETIME=[47329D10:01C174B0] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Shannon Schipper" Flans is quite dreamy. But I am a big Linnell lover. I think, personally, that it's the cute, shy, quiet thing that makes him so attractive. The way that he stays to himself with his little cup of coffee...it's "dreamy", if you will...I dunno...I think that he's just got the mysterious thing going for him. That's my reasoning...nothing against Flans, he's purty too. As for the Fans of Flans website, Linnell used to have his own fansite out there. I think that it's still out there, but I don't know where...hm. shannon _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Nov 24 01:27:34 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fAO6RYv54229 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:27:34 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f53.pav2.hotmail.com [64.4.37.53]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fAO6RXu54221 for ; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:27:33 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from katesith@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:27:28 -0800 Received: from 24.22.73.109 by pv2fd.pav2.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 06:27:27 GMT X-Originating-IP: [24.22.73.109] From: "Kate Sith" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans fan Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:27:27 -0500 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 24 Nov 2001 06:27:28.0197 (UTC) FILETIME=[16B35750:01C174B1] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Kate Sith" The John Sid shrine. ^_^ I have the URL somewhere, I could dig it up for someone if they want it. It has't been updated in forever. The girl who runs it was going to put my "Jared" song up, but she never got aorund to it before she started not updating. Anyway, I think the other thing that makes me love Linnell so much is that I'm constantly trying to understand what makes him so afraid of fans. ^_^ I like complicated types. Haha. And his odd shyness is just overwhelmingly attractive to me because it reminds me JUST enough of myself for me to be able to relate to it. I like how Flans does most of the talking on stage, and then when Linnell says something it's so insanely simply clever and I just can't figure out how this man's mind works. ^_^ His lyrics do the same thing. -Kate Sith Queen of Spades TMBG Ambassador to the State of Michigan Keeper of Ewan McGregor's Smile * ------------------------------------------------------------ "I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time Well, I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what." -J. Linnell "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." -The Magical Sitar "This pig-shaped bush frightens and confuses me." -G. Threepwood >From: "Shannon Schipper" >Reply-To: "Shannon Schipper" >To: switsawa@prodigy.net, tmbg-digest@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans fan >Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 00:21:39 -0600 > >Flans is quite dreamy. But I am a big Linnell lover. I think, personally, >that it's the cute, shy, quiet thing that makes him so attractive. The way >that he stays to himself with his little cup of coffee...it's "dreamy", if >you will...I dunno...I think that he's just got the mysterious thing going >for him. That's my reasoning...nothing against Flans, he's purty too. > >As for the Fans of Flans website, Linnell used to have his own fansite out >there. I think that it's still out there, but I don't know where...hm. > >shannon > > > >_________________________________________________________________ >Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Nov 24 01:52:56 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fAO6qu254712 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:52:56 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f153.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.153]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fAO6qtu54704 for ; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:52:55 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:52:50 -0800 Received: from 63.10.25.63 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Sat, 24 Nov 2001 06:52:50 GMT X-Originating-IP: [63.10.25.63] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: UK stuff Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 06:52:50 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 24 Nov 2001 06:52:50.0350 (UTC) FILETIME=[A1F974E0:01C174B4] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Dr. Worm: >Just bought the UK Mink Car and Boss of Me single from Amazon.co.uk. It's >actually cheaper than getting the Amazon.com imports. Figures. But isn't the UK version missing some tracks? They might be worth the extra money, you know. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #47-23 ******************************