Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #47-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 47, Number 25 Monday, 26 November 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: Mink differences TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? TMBG: Tmbg email Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? Re: TMBG: Re: Flans fan Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? Re: TMBG: Help!!! RE: TMBG: Help!!! Re: TMBG: Mink differences TMBG: To The Best of Our Knowledge Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "- -" Subject: TMBG: Mink differences Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 13:46:17 +0000 Message-ID: Anyone know why the UK version of Mink Car only has 14 tracks, whereas the US version has 17? (See amazon.co.uk and amazon.com for the different track listings.) Also, how come the US version doesn't include "Boss of Me" or "Your Mom's..."? -r _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200111251941.fAPJfCf113530@pimout4-int.prodigy.net> From: Subject: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:00 +0000 Hey all...I happened to go to some of the sites recommended on the website, particularly the IRC's....one site had member listing, and I noticed their dubbed 'old fart' is less than a year older than me.....am I really old, or do TMBG just have a following of varied age ranges? Jenn ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200111251945.fAPJjBf281824@pimout4-int.prodigy.net> From: Subject: TMBG: Tmbg email Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:04 +0000 I 'applied' some time ago to get a tmbg.org 'address' and haven't heard anything about it. I was told by a fellow poster that the server had been down and whatnot...I went back the other day to reapply. It wouldn't let me use the same user id as it stated it was already used. This implies that it did get my application..Am I supposed to get some confirmation that it is set up, though? Or should I try sending something to myself with the tag? Jenn ------------------------------ From: "Kate Sith" Subject: Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 14:52:31 -0500 Message-ID: It's very varied! ^_^ Considering how long They've been around and how timeless Their music is, it's almost impossible for Them NOT to have varied age in fandomism... *confused herself* Anyway, the answer is no, Jenn, you are never too old to like TMBG. :-D Bring on the geezers! ^_~ -Kate Sith Queen of Spades TMBG Ambassador to the State of Michigan Keeper of Ewan McGregor's Smile * ------------------------------------------------------------ "I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time Well, I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what." -J. Linnell "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." -The Magical Sitar "This pig-shaped bush frightens and confuses me." -G. Threepwood >From: >Reply-To: >To: >Subject: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? >Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:00 +0000 > >Hey all...I happened to go to some of the sites recommended on the website, >particularly the IRC's....one site had member listing, and I noticed their >dubbed 'old fart' is less than a year older than me.....am I really old, or >do TMBG just have a following of varied age ranges? > >Jenn > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200111252157.fAPLvRT51294@mail.rpi.edu> From: vecchr@rpi.edu Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 16:57:26 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Flans fan Hi - Yep, I'm the one responsible for Fans of Flans. :) Obviously, Flans is my favorite, mostly because I think he brings an energy to their stuff that wouldn't be there otherwise. Look at the live shows... Flans is always the one jumping around like he's still 20, while Linnell is usually just kinda standing around. Granted, it's probably harder to jump around playing a keyboard or accordion, but Flans just always seems a lot more excited about being there. Or maybe I just have a thing for guitar players... either way. Also, the Linnell fanclub site is still around at < http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Palms/7081/ >. -- Rachel In a message dated 11/24/01 12:25:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, itsfuntosteal@home.com writes: > In case anyone is interested. Here's a website my friend found: > http://www.rpi.edu/~vecchr/FOF/index.html > > Nothing against Linnell, but Flans has always been my favorite too. > Jackie Wasn't/Isn't the proprietor of this site on this list? ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:37:40 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? Message-ID: That might have been the IRC site I run... not sure who you are referring to though, but I go by this guideline: Anybody older than me is too old to still like TMBG. so I am 23 now, as long as you are younger than me you are safe cause I keep reapplying that rule as I get older :) But honestly, the age range at shows is very very large... I noticed it especially recently. There are multiple people at shows who are under 14 and there are also multiple people at shows who are over 35-40... I think that the average age is somewhere in late teens or around 20... but thats just a guess really... a lot of people have been fans for years and have aged with the band Josh -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ "If you and I had any brains, we wouldn't be in this place" - John Linnell On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 switsawa@prodigy.net wrote: > Hey all...I happened to go to some of the sites recommended on the > website, particularly the IRC's....one site had member listing, and I > noticed their dubbed 'old fart' is less than a year older than > me.....am I really old, or do TMBG just have a following of varied age > ranges? > > Jenn > ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Help!!! Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 02:53:15 +0000 Message-ID: Bongo: >Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > > > > I downloaded FreeAmp (no thanks to anyone on here), but I can't figure >out > > to get it to download these files. (And yes, I am logged in to eMusic.) > > Can anyone help? > > Sounds like the problem is that your web browser doesn't know its >suppose >to use Free Amp. Thanks, but I don't think that's the problem. Oddly enough, I had no trouble downloading April and June this way, but the other months didn't seem to work. Has anyone else been able to download the other months through FreeAmp? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: RE: TMBG: Help!!! Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 22:31:07 -0500 Message-ID: Well, it's worked for me for quite a few months now (since I started using it) and I've downloaded at least a few hundred albums... The only time it stopped working for me was when I had run out of hard drive space and didn't notice... :) Augie "network storage hog #1 and proud of it!" Wan -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of Nathan Mulac DeHoff Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 9:53 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Help!!! Bongo: >Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > > > > I downloaded FreeAmp (no thanks to anyone on here), but I can't figure >out > > to get it to download these files. (And yes, I am logged in to eMusic.) > > Can anyone help? > > Sounds like the problem is that your web browser doesn't know its >suppose >to use Free Amp. Thanks, but I don't think that's the problem. Oddly enough, I had no trouble downloading April and June this way, but the other months didn't seem to work. Has anyone else been able to download the other months through FreeAmp? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink differences Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:29:12 +0000 Message-ID: setec astronomy: >Anyone know why the UK version of Mink Car only has 14 tracks, whereas the >US version has 17? (See amazon.co.uk and amazon.com for the different track >listings.) Because whoever set up the British album was stupid? I really don't know, but I think this change is stupid. I wonder whose idea it was, and what the thinking was behind it. >Also, how come the US version doesn't include "Boss of Me" or "Your >Mom's..."? Because the Johns didn't want to put them on there, I guess. "Boss Of Me" was probably included on the British version because it's a bigger hit over there, but I have no idea about "Your Mom's Alright." -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 22:46:18 -0600 Message-ID: <3C01C91A.9D3A38E2@uswest.net> From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" Subject: TMBG: To The Best of Our Knowledge As I'm typing this, I'm listening to the Johns being interviewing on an NPR show, To the Best of Our Knowledge. I am unable to record it. (no blank tapes.. F!) So if anyone was able to record this (especially if you have a MP3 or WAV of this), let me know. I would like a copy. They performed Istanbul & Drink live. It just ended. It's about 15 minutes in length. 'WttJ' Jim Mohan TMBG Amb of MN ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:10:55 -0600 Message-ID: <3C01CEDF.254B07AA@uswest.net> From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" Subject: Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? I'm 32 myself and have been a fan since I was 19. And I don't see age making any difference. I've been a 'Weird Al' fan since 'Eat It'. Josh Axelrad wrote: > That might have been the IRC site I run... not sure who you are referring > to though, but I go by this guideline: > > Anybody older than me is too old to still like TMBG. Bah! So the band can age, but the fan base base cannot? > so I am 23 now, as long as you are younger than me you are safe cause I > keep reapplying that rule as I get older :) Double Bah! > But honestly, the age range at shows is very very large... I noticed it > especially recently. There are multiple people at shows who are under 14 > and there are also multiple people at shows who are over 35-40... > > I think that the average age is somewhere in late teens or around > 20... but thats just a guess really... a lot of people have been fans for > years and have aged with the band You betcha! 'WttJ' Jim Mohan TMBG Amb to MN ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #47-25 ******************************