Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #47-27 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 47, Number 27 Wednesday, 28 November 2001 Today's Topics: RE: TMBG: Mink differences TMBG: I'd really like a second Sydney show RE: TMBG: Mink differences RE: TMBG: Mink differences RE: TMBG: Mink Car USA & UK differences TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? TMBG: To The Best of Our Knowledge TMBG: Freudian slip? Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? TMBG: Mink Car on the Net Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? RE: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? RE: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? RE: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? RE: TMBG: Mink differences Re: TMBG: Mink Car on the Net Re: TMBG: Mink Car on the Net TMBG: too old TMBG: Onion review Re: TMBG: Onion review Re: TMBG: Onion review Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 02:05:38 -0500 Subject: RE: TMBG: Mink differences Message-ID: <20011127.020541.-509595.0.cambot@juno.com> From: cambot@juno.com >Anyone know why the UK version of Mink Car only has 14 tracks, whereas the >US version has 17? (See amazon.co.uk and amazon.com for the different track >listings.) Call me a target for flaming, but I actually like the tracklisting of the UK version more than what we got here in the states. Sure, the US release had more Giants action, but the quality of the songs that were included over here that aren't on the UK version are.... ehhh you know the story. Of course, to each his own cause I know we have some die-hard Mink supporters on here & people could & have been saying the same thing about my favorite TMBG album, John Henry. Still, I woulda forgone "I've Got a Fang" (oh, how I cringed when they played it live... the rest of the show was top notch, however) & "Your Mom's Alrite" & maybe tossed on Rest Awhile for good measure. And, after all these months of having the album, I would like to declare that the tracks that stand out the most to me are MY MAN (IMHO, this is a true TMBG classic - you know, one of the songs that you'd think about when you think of TMBG; I haven't heard of them playing it live yet - anybody see it done?), CYCLOPS ROCK (sans the screaming girl part), HOPELESS BLEAK DESPAIR, & MAN IT'S SO LOUD IN HERE. Anyone else wanna add their 2 cents? cheers Steve ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20011127112354.90833.qmail@web20705.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:23:54 -0800 (PST) From: John Macris Subject: TMBG: I'd really like a second Sydney show Anyone know how best to hassle the promoters of the Aust tour about scheduling another Metro show on the 10th or 11th? I've thought about sending them hippie protest poetry for a start. John. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month. http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1 ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:13:05 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: RE: TMBG: Mink differences Can someone please post the 14 UK tracks on Mink Car. Again, if it has been already posted! Thanks Richard P.S. My '3 TMBG concerts, 3 days, 3 Cities' report will follow in the next few days! _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20011127154519.90222.qmail@web13808.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 07:45:19 -0800 (PST) From: Adam Piontek Subject: RE: TMBG: Mink differences --- Richard Hilton wrote: > Can someone please post the 14 UK tracks on Mink > Car. Again, if it has been already posted! http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005S6OX/o/qid=1006875890/sr=8-1/ref=sr_aps_pm_1_1/202-2383896-4335822 ===== .Adam http://www.damek.org/ __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month. http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1 ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:23:27 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: RE: TMBG: Mink Car USA & UK differences So, if I have got this correct:- 1 The US version has 17 tracks and the UK has 14 tracks. 2 Neither has any of the tracks in the same place as the other! 3 We in the UK get 2 tracks, Boss of Me and Your mum's alright, that the US don't get. 4 You in the US get 5 tracks, Mr Excitement, Wicked Little Critta, Finished with Lies, She thinks she's Edith Head and Working Undercover, that we don't get in the UK. I'm going to buy the UK version (I have the US version) just to see how they do the insert. I'll post as soon as I can about costs in case anyone wants me to ship one to them at cost in the USA. Regards Richard >>> Adam Piontek 27/11/01 15:45:19 >>> --- Richard Hilton wrote: > Can someone please post the 14 UK tracks on Mink > Car. Again, if it has been already posted! http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005S6OX/o/qid=1006875890/sr=8-1/ref=sr_aps_pm_1_1/202-2383896-4335822 ===== .Adam http://www.damek.org/ __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month. http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1 _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service. _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:36:10 -0500 From: Jennifer CG Nelson Subject: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? i respectfully disagree that anyone older than 23 is TOO old to like the giants. that would mean that you were, what?, NINE when "don't let's start" got radio play in 1987? heck! i've been considering bringing my own child (4 years old) to concerts. he knows words to the whole range of TMBG CDs. jennifer * ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:37:40 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? That might have been the IRC site I run... not sure who you are referring to though, but I go by this guideline: Anybody older than me is too old to still like TMBG. so I am 23 now, as long as you are younger than me you are safe cause I keep reapplying that rule as I get older :) But honestly, the age range at shows is very very large... I noticed it especially recently. There are multiple people at shows who are under 14 and there are also multiple people at shows who are over 35-40... I think that the average age is somewhere in late teens or around 20... but thats just a guess really... a lot of people have been fans for years and have aged with the band Josh -- ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:43:50 -0500 From: Jennifer CG Nelson Subject: TMBG: To The Best of Our Knowledge here's the link for your radio program: http://www.wpr.org:80/book/011125a.htm also, cassette copies are available at 1-800-747-7444. Ask for program number 01-11-25-A. jennifer Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 22:46:18 -0600 Message-ID: <3C01C91A.9D3A38E2@uswest.net> From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" Subject: TMBG: To The Best of Our Knowledge As I'm typing this, I'm listening to the Johns being interviewing on an NPR show, To the Best of Our Knowledge. I am unable to record it. (no blank tapes.. F!) So if anyone was able to record this (especially if you have a MP3 or WAV of this), let me know. I would like a copy. They performed Istanbul & Drink live. It just ended. It's about 15 minutes in length. 'WttJ' Jim Mohan TMBG Amb of MN ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200111271747.fARHlrA13938@pimout1-int.prodigy.net> From: Subject: TMBG: Freudian slip? Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:07 +0000 Hey, I noticed in I Should Be Allowed to Think that the lyrics say 'I was the best hope of my generation' but it's sung 'worst hope'....hmmmm.....interesting.... Jenn ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:53:01 -0500 Message-Id: <200111271253.AA820379980@megahits.com> From: "lees" Subject: Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? Time for me to jump in here. I have been reading this thread for over a week and quietly laughing in my corner. I am 44 and have been playing live music since 1976 (professoinally). My band, Deloris Telescope opened for TMBG at Janus Landing (St.Pete Florida)in the late 80's. I currently live in Connecticut and my wife (also 44) and I go to as many shows in NY, MA, and CT that we possibly can. We know all the words to all the songs, have every album, single, promo, and also an impressive collection of bootlegs. I'll be TOO OLD when I can't hear them anymore and even then I will probably still watch the video's just so I can remember the good old days. You KIDS under 23 that honestly believe we are too old really need to GET A GRIP! And then maybe an education and a job. IN THAT ORDER. ---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Jennifer CG Nelson Reply-To: Jennifer CG Nelson Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:36:10 -0500 >i respectfully disagree that anyone older than 23 is TOO old to like >the giants. >that would mean that you were, what?, NINE when "don't let's start" >got radio play in 1987? > >heck! i've been considering bringing my own child (4 years old) to concerts. >he knows words to the whole range of TMBG CDs. > >jennifer > >------------------------------ > >Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:37:40 -0500 (EST) >From: Josh Axelrad >Subject: Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? > >That might have been the IRC site I run... not sure who you are referring >to though, but I go by this guideline: > >Anybody older than me is too old to still like TMBG. > >so I am 23 now, as long as you are younger than me you are safe cause I >keep reapplying that rule as I get older :) > >But honestly, the age range at shows is very very large... I noticed it >especially recently. There are multiple people at shows who are under 14 >and there are also multiple people at shows who are over 35-40... > >I think that the average age is somewhere in late teens or around >20... but thats just a guess really... a lot of people have been fans for >years and have aged with the band > >Josh > >-- > ------------------------------ From: PosterKid1@aol.com Message-ID: <122.81c9814.29353185@aol.com> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:12:21 EST Subject: TMBG: Mink Car on the Net + OK, TMBG Webheads: which songs on _Mink Car_ had been previously available on the Internet? + ------------------------------ From: WeepDay@aol.com Message-ID: <14b.4b0f273.2935389e@aol.com> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:42:38 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? wow. i guess i missed the e-mail that said anyone over 23 is too old for tmbg. thats just goofy. i am 25 and to even think that their is a cut off age to like any band is weird. my dad is 50 and adores them too! amber~ http://weepdayslounge.8m.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] "i am 25 and to even think that their is a cut off age to like any band is weird. " I totally agree; art is ageless, and appreciation of good music, books, movies, etc. should have no age boundaries (unless the content isn't approprate for little ones, that is). But the sad reality is that society does indeed impose a cut-off age, particularly for music. I've seen kids who like the Beatles, Dylan, etc. teased for liking "old fogey music" more times than I can count, and while there have been noteworthy exceptions, most people I know over 30 for whom I've played TMBG have dismissed them with "sounds like kiddie music." I think this tends to surprise us in our TMBG fandom community because we tend to be more open-minded and individualistic than the majority about these things. We can look beyond the initial simplicity of many of TMBG's songs and find so much more, while many people simply can't, or just don't want to. Yet another reason I love this band :) Kay From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 27 14:06:52 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fARJ6qh64568 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:06:52 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from gn-sterling.sterl.com (host08.sterl.com [209.122.15.200]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id fARJ6pu64560 for ; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:06:51 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from KarinH@sterl.com) Received: from semail02.STERLING.COM ([207.95.186.44]) by gn-sterling.sterl.com (NAVGW 2.5.1.12) with SMTP id M2001112714055532133 for ; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:05:55 -0500 content-class: urn:content-classes:message Subject: RE: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:05:00 -0500 Disposition-Notification-To: "Karin Highfield" Message-ID: X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.0.4712.0 X-MS-Has-Attach: X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: Thread-Topic: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? Thread-Index: AcF3dsBGeuM4K8LdQoymfO4e4yJctA== From: "Karin Highfield" To: Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by ussenterprise.ufp.org id fARJ6qu64561 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Karin Highfield" Just a quick sense-of-humor check, here, folks.... I was under the impression that Josh (at least I think it was Josh, I've kinda lost track) was being what we like to call "humorous". Well, okay, it was more like "facetious", but he *meant* it to be humorous... Unless he didn't, in which case Lee & I will get together & kick his 23-year-old-smartass-pup butt for him. In *my* opinion, if you don't personally remember someone putting their fingers in the President's ears, then you're too damn young to be listening to a couple of 40-somethings like the Johns. I have a nice Godsmack album you might like.... (humor, again, just testing....) I figure, if an old 44 year old phart like myself can like Jim's Big Ego, then I can share TMBG with you kids... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 27 14:31:56 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fARJVup65449 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:31:56 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from megahits.com (mail.megahits.com [207.76.78.5]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fARJVtu65440 for ; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:31:56 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from lees@megahits.com) Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:31:48 -0500 Message-Id: <200111271431.AA637272370@megahits.com> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii From: "lees" To: , "Karin Highfield" Subject: RE: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? X-Mailer: Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "lees" Right ON! ---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: "Karin Highfield" Reply-To: "Karin Highfield" Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:05:00 -0500 >Just a quick sense-of-humor check, here, folks.... > >I was under the impression that Josh (at least I think it was Josh, I've >kinda >lost track) was being what we like to call "humorous". Well, okay, it >was more >like "facetious", but he *meant* it to be humorous... >Unless he didn't, in which case Lee & I will get together & kick his >23-year-old-smartass-pup butt for him. > >In *my* opinion, if you don't personally remember someone putting their >fingers >in the President's ears, then you're too damn young to be listening to a >couple >of 40-somethings like the Johns. I have a nice Godsmack album you might >like.... (humor, again, just testing....) > >I figure, if an old 44 year old phart like myself can like Jim's Big >Ego, then >I can share TMBG with you kids... > > Karin H >** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 27 14:35:27 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fARJZRJ65580 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:35:27 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from tmbg.cc.cmu.edu (root@TMBG.CC.CMU.EDU [128.2.123.43]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fARJZQu65572 for ; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:35:27 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from jish@tmbg.net) Received: from localhost (jish@localhost) by tmbg.cc.cmu.edu (8.10.2/8.10.2) with ESMTP id fARJZvY23190; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:35:57 -0500 Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:35:57 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Axelrad X-Sender: jish@tmbg.cc.cmu.edu To: Karin Highfield cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: RE: TMBG: Am I too old to still like TMBG? In-Reply-To: Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Josh Axelrad yes, I think the sense of humor check is needed... My original email made a *JOKE* and then said that honestly I have noticed that the age range now is huge and that's a good thing :) I guess old people don't have a sense of humor (*runs away*) -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ "If you and I had any brains, we wouldn't be in this place" - John Linnell On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Karin Highfield wrote: > Just a quick sense-of-humor check, here, folks.... > > I was under the impression that Josh (at least I think it was Josh, I've > kinda > lost track) was being what we like to call "humorous". Well, okay, it > was more > like "facetious", but he *meant* it to be humorous... > Unless he didn't, in which case Lee & I will get together & kick his > 23-year-old-smartass-pup butt for him. > > In *my* opinion, if you don't personally remember someone putting their > fingers > in the President's ears, then you're too damn young to be listening to a > couple > of 40-somethings like the Johns. I have a nice Godsmack album you might > like.... (humor, again, just testing....) > > I figure, if an old 44 year old phart like myself can like Jim's Big > Ego, then > I can share TMBG with you kids... > > Karin H > ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 27 15:20:13 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fARKKDe67021 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:20:13 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f232.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.232]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fARKKDu67013 for ; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:20:13 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:20:07 -0800 Received: from 204.108.131.143 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:20:07 GMT X-Originating-IP: [204.108.131.143] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: RE: TMBG: Mink differences Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:20:07 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 27 Nov 2001 20:20:07.0674 (UTC) FILETIME=[E81BCDA0:01C17780] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Steve: >Call me a target for flaming, but I actually like the tracklisting of the >UK version more than what we got here in the states. Okay, target for flaming. I disagree. >Sure, the US release >had more Giants action, but the quality of the songs that were included >over here that aren't on the UK version are.... ehhh you know the story. >Of course, to each his own cause I know we have some die-hard Mink >supporters on here & people could & have been saying the same thing about >my favorite TMBG album, John Henry. Yes, it's definitely a matter of personal opinion, and that's why I would say it's always a better idea to have more songs, not less. Sure, you might not think "Finished With Lies" is all that great, but someone else might. Is your opinion worth more than this other person's? Yeah, yeah, people say they'd rather have twelve great songs than nineteen okay ones, but who's to say what's "great" and what's "okay"? If you don't like a song on a fourteen-song album, that's a greater percentage of the whole thing you don't like than it would be on a seventeen-song album. An album with more songs has a better chance of including more stuff any one person would like, and I think that's a good thing. >Still, I woulda forgone "I've Got a >Fang" (oh, how I cringed when they played it live... the rest of the show >was top notch, however) & "Your Mom's Alrite" & maybe tossed on Rest >Awhile for good measure. Hey, if I had had to cut something from the album, "Older" would have been the first to go, yet there it is at the end of the UK album, mocking us with its staying power. On the other hand, I like "Wicked Little Critta," and it's not there. The fact that these songs are available on the American version only makes it worse. It's like the producers are saying, "There are five more songs, but you useless BRITS can't hear them! Ha-ha!" For that matter, I don't really like it when they add EXTRA tracks for foreign releases, either. Maybe they do this just so they can sell more imports. I'm sure there are people on here who are going to pick up the American, British, AND Australian versions of Mink Car. Nathan _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 27 17:21:30 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fARMLUk70606 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:21:30 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from c011.snv.cp.net (c011-h005.c011.snv.cp.net [209.228.34.218]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id fARMLTu70598 for ; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:21:29 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from bryce@tmbg.org) Received: (cpmta 23538 invoked from network); 27 Nov 2001 14:21:23 -0800 Received: from 208.22.73.21 (HELO mail.visualnetworks.com) by smtp.namezero.com (209.228.34.218) with SMTP; 27 Nov 2001 14:21:23 -0800 X-Sent: 27 Nov 2001 22:21:23 GMT Message-ID: <006901c17791$9b5a3c70$3a1410ac@visualnetworks.com> From: "Bryce" To: Received: from no.name.available by mail.visualnetworks.com via smtpd (for namezero.com.criticalpath.net [209.229.62.48]) with SMTP; 27 Nov 2001 22:21:22 UT References: <122.81c9814.29353185@aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink Car on the Net Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:19:39 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Bryce" PosterKid1 : > OK, TMBG Webheads: which songs on _Mink Car_ had been previously > available on the Internet? You mean which finalized album versions were released before the whole album was released on TMBG Unlimited in August? That would be: (0. Your Mom's Alright - Feb) 1. Hovering Sombrero - Feb 2. Finished with Lies - Apr 3. Wicked Little Critta - Apr 4. Another First Kiss - May 5. My Man - Jun 6. Man, It's So Loud in Here - Jun 7. Yeh Yeh - Jun 8. Mink Car - Jun 9. She Thinks She's Edith Head - Jun If you mean which songs in general, whether they were finalized album versions or not, you'd have to add these: -6. Older - 1999 -5. Working Undercover for the Man - 2000 -4. I've Got a Fang - Jan -3. Drink - Jan -2. Cyclops Rock - Jan -1. Bangs - Feb And also, although it wasn't released officially, Mr. Xcitement showed up on somebody's fan site, having been mp3ed from a radio broadcast at some point. So that's everything but Hopeless Bleak Despair. Bryce From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 27 17:36:08 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fARMa8u70937 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:36:08 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from c011.snv.cp.net (c011-h005.c011.snv.cp.net [209.228.34.218]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id fARMa7u70929 for ; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:36:07 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from bryce@tmbg.org) Received: (cpmta 27657 invoked from network); 27 Nov 2001 14:36:01 -0800 Received: from 208.22.73.21 (HELO mail.visualnetworks.com) by smtp.namezero.com (209.228.34.218) with SMTP; 27 Nov 2001 14:36:01 -0800 X-Sent: 27 Nov 2001 22:36:01 GMT Message-ID: <008a01c17793$a6c65c40$3a1410ac@visualnetworks.com> From: "Bryce" To: Received: from no.name.available by mail.visualnetworks.com via smtpd (for namezero.com.criticalpath.net [209.229.62.48]) with SMTP; 27 Nov 2001 22:36:01 UT References: <122.81c9814.29353185@aol.com> <006901c17791$9b5a3c70$3a1410ac@visualnetworks.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink Car on the Net Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:34:17 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Bryce" Of course, I made a mistake in that list of Mink Car pre-releases I just sent out. Working Undercover for the Man belongs in the first list as a positive number; it's unchanged for Mink Car. Sorry if anybody was confused by that. Bryce Sometimes I think. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 27 17:58:14 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fARMwE771757 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:58:14 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from c011.snv.cp.net (c011-h001.c011.snv.cp.net [209.228.34.214]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id fARMwDu71749 for ; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:58:13 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from bryce@tmbg.org) Received: (cpmta 23191 invoked from network); 27 Nov 2001 14:58:05 -0800 Received: from 208.22.73.21 (HELO mail.visualnetworks.com) by smtp.namezero.com (209.228.34.214) with SMTP; 27 Nov 2001 14:58:05 -0800 X-Sent: 27 Nov 2001 22:58:05 GMT Message-ID: <009b01c17796$bb961720$3a1410ac@visualnetworks.com> From: "Bryce" To: Received: from no.name.available by mail.visualnetworks.com via smtpd (for namezero.com.criticalpath.net [209.229.62.48]) with SMTP; 27 Nov 2001 22:58:04 UT Subject: TMBG: too old Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:56:21 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Bryce" Yes, you hooligans, at 29 years, I'm too old to like TMBG. They're too dang loud, you call that music? Even when I manage to hear 'em screaming over all that noise, I can't understand what they're singin' about. "Other Handsome Brer Row," what the Sam Hill is that? Back in my day all we had to listen to was Lionel Richie barefoot in the snow every day and night, and we were grateful to have it! And now I'm older still, so you young scalawags put on yer punk purple toupees, I'll just sit in a corner and go bald, waitin' fer my pills. ;) Bryce From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 27 20:16:59 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fAS1GxC76309 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:16:59 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f121.law8.hotmail.com [216.33.241.121]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fAS1Gwu76301 for ; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:16:58 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from aceduke@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:16:53 -0800 Received: from 24.4.116.242 by lw8fd.law8.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Wed, 28 Nov 2001 01:16:53 GMT X-Originating-IP: [24.4.116.242] From: "John Ferrer" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Onion review Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 01:16:53 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 28 Nov 2001 01:16:53.0276 (UTC) FILETIME=[5D130DC0:01C177AA] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "John Ferrer" The Onion finally got around to reviewing Mink Car, and Holidayland as well. It's a pretty stupid review, if you ask me, but hey, it's the greatest publication in America, so it's worth noting. http://www.theonionavclub.com/avclub3743/music3743.html _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 27 21:05:25 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fAS25P977682 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:05:25 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-r10.mx.aol.com (imo-r10.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.106]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fAS25Pu77674 for ; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:05:25 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from Gegatron@aol.com) Received: from Gegatron@aol.com by imo-r10.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v31_r1.9.) id i.80.13c5be0d (18559) for ; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:05:10 -0500 (EST) From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <80.13c5be0d.2935a055@aol.com> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:05:09 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Onion review To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Mac sub 28 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Gegatron@aol.com I thought it was a pretty good reveiw. I'm glad to see the onion likes factory showroom, which even a lot of tmbg fans seem to dislike. Personally i think it's their best album. Man am i glad i'm only 22. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 27 22:18:53 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fAS3Irb80080 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:18:53 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mplspop4.mpls.uswest.net (mplspop4.mpls.uswest.net [204.147.80.14]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id fAS3Iqu80072 for ; Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:18:52 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from mohan1@uswest.net) Received: (qmail 56169 invoked from network); 28 Nov 2001 03:18:50 -0000 Received: from mplsdslgw22poola60.mpls.uswest.net (HELO uswest.net) (63.231.146.60) by mplspop4.mpls.uswest.net with SMTP; 28 Nov 2001 03:18:50 -0000 Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:17:02 -0600 Message-ID: <3C04572E.A269FC6C@uswest.net> From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" To: Gegatron@aol.com Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.61 [en]C-CCK-MCD (Win95; U) X-Accept-Language: en MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: TMBG: Onion review References: <80.13c5be0d.2935a055@aol.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "James & Kimberly Mohan" I agree. It was a pretty good. Although, I disagree on FS. I don't like it as much Lincoln or Flood orJH, but that could be because I'm 32, and have been following TMBG since Lincoln was released. FS has a lot of great tracks, but, as a whole, I don't think it's their best. Yeah....so I'm OLD.....I'm also BITTER, so watch IT! 'WttJ' Jim Mohan TMBG Amb to MN Gegatron@aol.com wrote: > I thought it was a pretty good reveiw. I'm glad to see the onion likes > factory showroom, which even a lot of tmbg fans seem to dislike. Personally > i think it's their best album. > > Man am i glad i'm only 22. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #47-27 ******************************