Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #47-6 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 47, Number 6 Wednesday, 7 November 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: nickname? TMBG: australian tour dates TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? TMBG: Emusic, get your shit together. (Man those guys blow!) Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? Re: TMBG: Philadelphia show Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? TMBG: Selected TMBG TMBG: McSweeney's Re: TMBG: McSweeney's TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #47-5 TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #47-5 Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg Re: TMBG: Emusic, get your shit together. (Man those guys blow!) Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? Re: TMBG: 9:30 club Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? Re: TMBG: New York show TMBG: TMBG instrumentals Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg Re: TMBG: Emusic, get your shit together. (Man those guys blow!) Re: TMBG: Sapphire Bullets t-shirts Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? TMBG: twistid.com/tmbg ? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <000b01c16696$6e8ac400$2ff20341@moline1.il.home.com> From: "Jackie York" Subject: TMBG: nickname? Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 01:41:22 -0600 Hi, just was curious if anyone knows why Dan Miller is called Solder? Thanks. Jackie [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20011106084417.91172.qmail@web14406.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 19:44:17 +1100 (EST) From: kiralee favelle Subject: TMBG: australian tour dates hey everyone ryan wrote: >December 11 - The Metro, Sydney AHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE METRO!!! i'll NEVER be able to get in there! damn my under age-ness! i'll just go cry in a corner somewhere... much luv, kiz oh cruel fate why do you mock me?? ~*^*~*^*~*^*~*^*~*^*~*^*~*^*~*^*~*^*~*^*~*^*~*^*~*^*~ "ford... you're turning into a penguin... stop it" - hhgttg http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase - Manage your files online. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BE7B4FE.E1CE87B6@pacificnet.net> Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 02:01:42 -0800 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? I haven't been keeping up with the list in last couple of months. There were some technical difficulties with the list and I gave up on it for awhile. This has probably been discussed already but I missed it so... I noticed some discussion on variations of the signings of the emusic Mink Car CDs. Mine has what looks like "John Sig" or "John Sin" in black ink on the top of the booklet. On the bottom in red ink, is "John F." done in Flans' self portrait style but the headlights are used for his glasses. Is that how most of them were done? What were the other variations? I was happy to see that the CD was shrink wrapped after the booklet had been signed. I didn't expect that. However, I was horrified to see that my copy had been "drilled". There's a small hole going through the case and the UPC. Was my copy headed to a discount bin or is everybody's like that? -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BE7BD2A.7D776EAE@pacificnet.net> Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 02:36:36 -0800 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: TMBG: Emusic, get your shit together. (Man those guys blow!) I'm hoping that a month ago, this list was filled with complaints about October's TMBG Unltd. I'm not talking about the selections (although they could have been better). I'm talking about Emusic's continuing screw ups. "Disappointing Show" is full of glitches. Every couple of seconds or so there's an irritating split second of silence. When they offered the Flood show, they made some excuse about flaws in the recording of the show. This time, they didn't even acknowledge the problem. I wonder if they even know about it . "Fibber Island" had the same problem when it was available. Without apology or notification of any kind they later fixed it. Did they do that with "Disappointing Show" yet? And another thing, they need to stop the track when the song ends! "Disappointing Show" could have easily had a quick fade out on the applause after the song but instead, they fade out during the first couple seconds of the next song. That sounds so crappy. Likewise, "Something You'd Like to See" could have been cut after the song ends but instead they keep it going a few seconds longer and we hear some sort of buzz or hiss. But the screw ups don't end there. After the "All Things Considered" theme ends, you hear a ghost of the last few notes play. (A common condition that occurs with improperly stored tapes.) Once again, they could have easily cut that off. If a CD were released to stores with any one of these errors, the record label would be embarrassed and someone would loose their job. Yet it happens again and again at Emusic. Keep in mind that per song, this material is more expensive than a CD so why should offer us LESS quality? Even though TMBG Unltd is one of Emusic's "best sellers" they are so LAZY and SLOPPY that they don't even listen to the tracks! I can only imagine what the employee men's room at Emusic's offices look like. Judging by the laziness and sloppiness they've shown us, I'll bet there's urine all over the toilet seats. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <127.6a31cfe.2919208b@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 06:16:27 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? In a message dated 11/6/01 4:56:59 AM, ggr@pacificnet.net writes: > I was happy to see that the CD was shrink wrapped after the booklet >had been signed. I didn't expect that. However, I was horrified to see >that my copy had been "drilled". There's a small hole going through the >case and the UPC. Was my copy headed to a discount bin or is everybody's >like that? how did you guys get the autographed MC's? they were free, correct? ( i can barely keep up with all this stuff.. i'm still not sure what a mcsweeney's is) if you didn't have to pay full price for them, that's probably why. so they "can't" be resold (of course, that never stops anyone).. if you did ..gosh, i dunno. they were probably pre-drilled by the company to be used as promo items.. sarah http://glimmer.org/sarah/ "bitch i can't BE any more alert." -- tina fey ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Philadelphia show Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:12:46 Message-ID: Not to make an Afroman conversation go longer than it needs to, but he has said several times that it IS a cautionary tale. He just wanted to have fun with it instead of being preachy. I don't think the guy is that bad. Nothing above Dr. Demento material, but I don't think his existance justifies the immediate erradication of the human race, and besides, I laughed the first time I heard the song. And Kevin Smith isn't exactly pro-drug either. All the stoners in his movie are complete idiots. And the Moldy Peaches are awesome. Have I disagreed with everyone enough yet? No? Well, let me also add that I think Lincoln and You Were Spiraling are both HORRIBLE, and I'd prefer Afroman to their smirking indie mugs anyday. >From: "Kate Sith" >Reply-To: "Kate Sith" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Philadelphia show >Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 22:11:56 -0500 > >I don't see it as an anti-drug song. I see it as a song that mocks >anti-drug songs. It's basically saying that every little thing that went >wrong in his life happened because he got high, and that's not the way it >really works. I actually like the song, because it makes me laugh, and >because I'm sick of anti-drug songs. Then again, I like everything. ^_^ > >*doesn't even know why she jumped in* >*should be ignored* > > >-Kate Sith >Queen of Spades >TMBG Ambassador to the State of Michigan >Keeper of Ewan McGregor's Smile > >------------------------------------------------------------ > >"I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time >Well, I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what." > -J. Linnell > >"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in >return." > -The Magical Sitar > >"This pig-shaped bush frightens and confuses me." > -G. Threepwood > > >>Is there some official statement that "Because I Got High" is an ANTI-drug >>song? Maybe I'd be more likely to accept that if he hadn't been drinking >>the whole time, and all his other songs weren't about smoking marijuana >>(or >>sex, but that's another story). Besides, regardless of the song's intent, >>it sucks. > >_________________________________________________________________ >Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BE7E134.94CCE39E@pacificnet.net> Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 05:10:32 -0800 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 11/6/01 4:56:59 AM, ggr@pacificnet.net writes: > > > I was happy to see that the CD was shrink wrapped after the booklet > >had been signed. I didn't expect that. However, I was horrified to see > >that my copy had been "drilled". There's a small hole going through the > >case and the UPC. Was my copy headed to a discount bin or is everybody's > >like that? > > how did you guys get the autographed MC's? they were free, correct? ( i can > barely keep up with all this stuff.. i'm still not sure what a mcsweeney's > is) if you didn't have to pay full price for them, that's probably why. > so they "can't" be resold (of course, that never stops anyone).. > > if you did ..gosh, i dunno. they were probably pre-drilled by the company > to be used as promo items.. It was free when you agree to pay Emusic $10 a month for a year. If you can call that free. In any case, its just another crummy thing emusic has done to us. This is a quote from Emusic's TMBG Unltd subscription pitch: "You'll also receive an autographed CD copy of the new They Might Be Giants rock release delivered to your door upon it's release" In fairness, this is what they should have said : "After giving up waiting for us to send it to you and buying it at the store, it will arrive at your door nearly a month late ... and then it will have a damn hole in it!" -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 08:40:10 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Selected TMBG From: Chris Conroy Message-ID: Hey all, I'm new to the list - saw TMBG for the second time last week (at Avalon in Boston). Last time I saw them was in NYC as a duo for a benefit concert for a local public radio station about 14 years ago. Anyway, the show was incredible, although John L. seemed a little bit bored (or John F. was bouncing around so much he looked bored in comparison). They really rock! I want to make a sampler for some friends to introduce them to TMBG. Any suggestions? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3BE7EBEC.F8E22BD9@pacificnet.net> Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 05:56:18 -0800 From: Bongo Organization: None Subject: TMBG: McSweeney's LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: >... i'm still not sure what a mcsweeney's is McSweeney's is a periodical that features articles, fiction, poetry, photography, art, comics, etc. I'd call it a magazine except that its actually a hardcover, clothbound book. The book that comes with a 44 track CD of mostly TMBG tunes. Most of the songs were new and exclusive at the time. The CD is excellent. The non TMBG tracks are also very good in my opinion. The the book is entertaining and well done. Most of the songs are based loosely on the art and stories in the book. They claim the book is intended to be read while you listen to the music. That must be a joke because most of the songs have lyrics. How could you possibly you pay attention to lyrics and read the same time? Seems to me this was a cross-promotional scheme between TMBG and McSweeney's. Anyway, the CD is great. Since its a hardcover book, its $25. Overall, its worth it. What burns me is that a month after it was released, Emusic next selection of "exclusive" songs consisted mostly of songs from MsSweeney's. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:01:10 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: McSweeney's If you are interested in a copy have a look at EBay. They seem to have copies for sale on a regular basis and you might get a copy for under $25. I have a copy and it looks very impressive. Some day I may find the time to read and listen to it! Richard >>> Bongo 06/11/01 13:56:18 >>> LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: >... i'm still not sure what a mcsweeney's is McSweeney's is a periodical that features articles, fiction, poetry, photography, art, comics, etc. I'd call it a magazine except that its actually a hardcover, clothbound book. The book that comes with a 44 track CD of mostly TMBG tunes. Most of the songs were new and exclusive at the time. The CD is excellent. The non TMBG tracks are also very good in my opinion. The the book is entertaining and well done. Most of the songs are based loosely on the art and stories in the book. They claim the book is intended to be read while you listen to the music. That must be a joke because most of the songs have lyrics. How could you possibly you pay attention to lyrics and read the same time? Seems to me this was a cross-promotional scheme between TMBG and McSweeney's. Anyway, the CD is great. Since its a hardcover book, its $25. Overall, its worth it. What burns me is that a month after it was released, Emusic next selection of "exclusive" songs consisted mostly of songs from MsSweeney's. -B O N G O _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service. _____________________________________________________________________ This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service. For further information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp or alternatively call Star Internet for details on the Virus Scanning Service. ------------------------------ From: AnaNg209@aol.com Message-ID: <159.39526be.29194d9d@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:28:45 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #47-5 hi everyone! i have been lurking for awhile, and i was just wondering- isn't there a new york show coming up? thanks.... kim AnaNg209@aol.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] I entered the world of TMBG discussion years ago on the alt.music.tmbg usenet group. A little later, I joined this list. It seemed a little more convenient to read and post to so I've stayed away from the newsgroup for long periods of times. Recently, the list had some technical difficulties and I couldn't post to it so I went back to the newsgroup. Now I'm not sure where I should be. For now I guess I'll bounce between both of them. Here comes my point... If I take the time to write about something on either group, I feel I might as well send it to the other while I'm at it. I don't see other people do that too often. Are the contributors to each group mostly different people? Of course there are some names that I see on both but I can't keep track of who I know from which group. Are most of you guys on the newsgroup too? Or at least aware of it? And are they aware of us? These are the things I lie awake at night wondering. Unless its a major violation of etiquette, I'm going to start sending my posts to both (when I think of it anyway.) If this post seems familiar, its because I just sent it to alt.music.tmbg too. -B O N G O From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 10:47:36 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6FlaY12447 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:47:36 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f83.pav2.hotmail.com [64.4.37.83]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6FlZN12439 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:47:35 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from jenkijon383@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:47:30 -0800 Received: from 66.71.33.177 by pv2fd.pav2.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:47:29 GMT X-Originating-IP: [66.71.33.177] From: "jon jenkins" To: ggr@pacificnet.net, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 10:47:29 -0500 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Nov 2001 15:47:30.0132 (UTC) FILETIME=[57943940:01C166DA] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "jon jenkins" I've actually wanted to join the alt.music.tmbg newsgroup for a while, but I don't know how to. Do the messages get sent to your email or do you have to read them online. Utterly confused jon >From: Bongo >Reply-To: Bongo >To: "tmbg-list@tmbg.org" >Subject: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg >Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 07:40:21 -0800 > > I entered the world of TMBG discussion years ago on the alt.music.tmbg >usenet group. A little later, I joined this list. It seemed a little >more convenient to read and post to so I've stayed away from the >newsgroup for long periods of times. Recently, the list had some >technical difficulties and I couldn't post to it so I went back to the >newsgroup. Now I'm not sure where I should be. For now I guess I'll >bounce between both of them. > > Here comes my point... If I take the time to write about something on >either group, I feel I might as well send it to the other while I'm at >it. I don't see other people do that too often. Are the contributors to >each group mostly different people? Of course there are some names that >I see on both but I can't keep track of who I know from which group. Are >most of you guys on the newsgroup too? Or at least aware of it? And are >they aware of us? These are the things I lie awake at night wondering. >Unless its a major violation of etiquette, I'm going to start sending my >posts to both (when I think of it anyway.) > > If this post seems familiar, its because I just sent it to >alt.music.tmbg too. > >-B O N G O > > > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 10:48:43 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6Fmhk12536 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:48:43 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail.mv.k12.wa.us (mail.mv.k12.wa.us [164.116.116.180]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6FmgN12528 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:48:42 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from pzickler@mv.k12.wa.us) Received: by mail.mv.k12.wa.us from localhost (router,SLMail V3.2); Tue, 06 Nov 2001 07:47:27 -0800 Received: from [164.116.116.139] [164.116.116.139] by mail.mv.k12.wa.us [164.116.116.180] (SLmail 3.2.3113) with ESMTP id 9637ED3ACD5A11D5AB550008C724C276 for ; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 07:47:26 -0800 Mime-Version: 1.0 X-Sender: "Pzickler" Message-Id: In-Reply-To: <200111060704.fA6740L96787@ussenterprise.ufp.org> References: <200111060704.fA6740L96787@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:46:41 -0800 To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org From: "Pzickler" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #47-5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed" X-SLUIDL: 9E934561-D2C911D5-AB550008-C724C276 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Pzickler" > >Message-Id: >Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:26:26 -0500 >From: Jennifer CG Nelson >Subject: TMBG: instrumentals > >what about "famous polka"? > >------------------------------ And, lest we forget, Careless Santa! PZ (yeah, I know....) From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 11:08:05 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6G85Q13267 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:08:05 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-m07.mx.aol.com (imo-m07.mx.aol.com [64.12.136.162]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6G85N13259 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:08:05 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from PRMega@aol.com) Received: from PRMega@aol.com by imo-m07.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v31_r1.8.) id i.10.150830cb (15883) for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:07:51 -0500 (EST) Received: from web41.aolmail.aol.com (web41.aolmail.aol.com [205.188.161.2]) by air-id07.mx.aol.com (v82.22) with ESMTP id MAILINID710-1106110750; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 11:07:50 -0500 Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 11:07:50 EST From: PRMega@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg To: Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: Unknown (No Version) Message-ID: <10.150830cb.291964d7@aol.com> Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: PRMega@aol.com >Are most of you guys on the newsgroup too? I have a lot of free time on my hands, so I read and post to both this list and the TMBG newsgroup pretty often. PR Mega From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 11:13:58 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6GDw913527 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:13:58 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-m04.mx.aol.com (imo-m04.mx.aol.com [64.12.136.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6GDvN13519 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:13:57 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from Furfr@aol.com) Received: from Furfr@aol.com by imo-m04.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v31_r1.8.) id i.42.1ced24b2 (15902) for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:13:47 -0500 (EST) Received: from web32.aolmail.aol.com (web32.aolmail.aol.com [205.188.222.8]) by air-id09.mx.aol.com (v82.22) with ESMTP id MAILINID95-1106111347; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 11:13:47 -0500 Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 11:13:46 EST From: Furfr@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg To: Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: Unknown (No Version) Message-ID: <42.1ced24b2.2919663b@aol.com> Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Furfr@aol.com You read them online. I read them through google groups right now, but google makes it kind of confusing to figure out which ones i've already read, and whenever i post something, it don't appear for hours. You can go to www.tmbg.org and see if you can read it through that. I used to be able to do that, but for some reason I can't anymore. Okay. Yeah. I sound just as confused. But I do want to say that I like reading different stuff here than on the newsgroup. It makes me feel like i'm getting twice as much. And also, they feel like they have different atmospheres, which is really strange if the same people are on both. In a message dated Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:48:33 AM Eastern Standard Time, "jon jenkins" writes: >>I've actually wanted to join the alt.music.tmbg newsgroup for a while, but I don't know how to. Do the messages get sent to your email or do you have to read them online. > > Utterly confused jon From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 11:15:12 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6GFCJ13646 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:15:12 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-m05.mx.aol.com (imo-m05.mx.aol.com [64.12.136.8]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6GFCN13638 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:15:12 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from LimeZinger@aol.com) Received: from LimeZinger@aol.com by imo-m05.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v31_r1.8.) id i.de.1d077cec (4412) for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:14:55 -0500 (EST) From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:14:54 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 5.0 for Mac sub 28 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: LimeZinger@aol.com In a message dated 11/6/01 10:37:14 AM, ggr@pacificnet.net writes: > Here comes my point... If I take the time to write about something on >either group, I feel I might as well send it to the other while I'm at >it. I don't see other people do that too often. Are the contributors to >each group mostly different people? Of course there are some names that >I see on both but I can't keep track of who I know from which group. Are >most of you guys on the newsgroup too? Or at least aware of it? And are >they aware of us? These are the things I lie awake at night wondering. >Unless its a major violation of etiquette, I'm going to start sending my >posts to both (when I think of it anyway.) hm. i find it easier to be on the list as opposed to the newsgroup. the list shows up in my mailbox (even though i usually delete the posts i'm not interested in); the newsgroup takes effort to visit. heh heh. basically if there's anything really of notice, like a tv/magazine appearance or a pizza hut lawsuit or something, then it'll show up either place eventually. it seems like there's more chatter on the newsgroup (both on topic and off) .. so each aspect has it's pros and cons and whathaveya. likewise if i come across something of note (which, is super rare) or a concert review or something, i'll probably post in both arenas... i've never really given it much thought in the 5 or 6 years i've been on both the list and the newsgroup. which is weird. there's some lists i'm on for things that have newsgroups, but no one posts there anymore, and there's newsgroups i visit for topics with dead lists. maybe the list and the newsgroup are just equally strong. {g} or perhaps that, yeah, there's a lot of overlap. hmm. sarah http://glimmer.org/sarah/ "bitch i can't BE any more alert." -- tina fey From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 11:26:55 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6GQtO14128 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:26:55 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from c011.snv.cp.net (c011-h003.c011.snv.cp.net [209.228.34.216]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id fA6GQtN14120 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:26:55 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from bryce@tmbg.org) Received: (cpmta 26366 invoked from network); 6 Nov 2001 08:26:48 -0800 Received: from 208.22.73.21 (HELO mail.visualnetworks.com) by smtp.namezero.com (209.228.34.216) with SMTP; 6 Nov 2001 08:26:48 -0800 X-Sent: 6 Nov 2001 16:26:48 GMT Message-ID: <008601c166df$85146110$3a1410ac@avesta.com> From: "Bryce" To: Received: from no.name.available by mail.visualnetworks.com via smtpd (for namezero.com.criticalpath.net [209.229.62.48]) with SMTP; 6 Nov 2001 14:25:55 UT References: <3BE7BD2A.7D776EAE@pacificnet.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: Emusic, get your shit together. (Man those guys blow!) Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:24:31 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Bryce" I thought October's Unlimited was disappointing, but it was more an issue of content and quantity for me. I hear a total of three glitches in Disappointing Show, one at 0:47, a tiny one at 1:17, and a huge one at 1:47. Do you really hear more than that? Maybe your copy is corrupt or something. Although, I'm sure you've already tried redownloading. Maybe I'm deaf anyway; I hadn't noticed the artifact at the end of All Things Considered until you mentioned it. Bryce From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 11:50:33 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6GoXa15103 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:50:33 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from outmail4.pacificnet.net (outmail4.pacificnet.net [207.171.0.64]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6GoWN15095 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:50:32 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from ggr@pacificnet.net) Received: from pacificnet.net (vpop4-016.pacificnet.net [209.204.35.16]) by outmail4.pacificnet.net (8.11.4/8.11.4) with ESMTP id fA6GhER25162; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:43:32 -0800 (PST) Message-ID: <3BE815D9.78FA83C5@pacificnet.net> Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 08:54:54 -0800 From: Bongo Organization: None X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.61 (Macintosh; I; PPC) X-Accept-Language: en MIME-Version: 1.0 To: jon jenkins , "tmbg-list@tmbg.org" Subject: Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg References: Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; x-mac-type="54455854"; x-mac-creator="4D4F5353" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Bongo jon jenkins wrote: > I've actually wanted to join the alt.music.tmbg newsgroup for a while, but I > don't know how to. Do the messages get sent to your email or do you have to > read them online. > > Utterly confused jon I read newsgroups through Netscape, its fairly simple. Chances are though, you're using Internet Explorer. I'm not sure how IE handles email or newsgroups. As someone else mentioned, you could read it through Google. Reading and posting to newsgroups through Google is similar to using Hotmail to send and read email. Its kind of a drag. You'll have to register with them if you want to send a post but you can read it instantly by following this link: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&client=yhoo&group=alt.music.tmbg Good Luck! -B O N G O From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 12:49:34 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6HnY017575 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:49:34 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from web13802.mail.yahoo.com (web13802.mail.yahoo.com [216.136.175.12]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id fA6HnYN17567 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:49:34 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from adam@damek.org) Message-ID: <20011106174932.71524.qmail@web13802.mail.yahoo.com> Received: from [209.10.14.2] by web13802.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 09:49:32 PST Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:49:32 -0800 (PST) From: Adam Piontek Subject: Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org In-Reply-To: <3BE815D9.78FA83C5@pacificnet.net> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Adam Piontek --- Bongo wrote: > jon jenkins wrote: > > I've actually wanted to join the alt.music.tmbg > newsgroup for a while, but I > > don't know how to. Do the messages get sent to > your email or do you have to > > read them online. > > I read newsgroups through Netscape, its fairly > simple. Chances are though, > you're using Internet Explorer. I'm not sure how IE > handles email or > newsgroups. I hardly ever read newsgroups anymore, and even when I did, I didn't participate much. Still, it's nice to know they're still around, I guess. To use a newsgroup, you need access to a news server. If you have a "regular" Internet Service Provider, like Earthlink, RoadRunner, or your local mom-and-pop, they'll operate a news server from which you can read whatever newsgroups they have (some servers censor certain groups, others make the fact that they don't their primary selling point). If you use Netscape, you tell it what news server to use, and then it'll access it and you can read newsgroups. If you use Internet Explorer, then Outlook Express would be your email/newsgroup program. You could also look at places like Tucows or Download.com to find other news readers. I know there are a couple of good free ones out there... The most important thing is having access to a news server, though - typically it's something like news.yourisp.com (mine is news-server.nyc.rr.com). In my personal expereience, Outlook Express makes it extremely easy to use newsgroups. -Adam __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Find a job, post your resume. http://careers.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 15:15:32 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6KFWJ23288 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:15:32 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f9.pav2.hotmail.com [64.4.37.9]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6KFWN23280 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:15:32 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from katesith@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:15:26 -0800 Received: from 24.22.73.109 by pv2fd.pav2.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 20:15:26 GMT X-Originating-IP: [24.22.73.109] From: "Kate Sith" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:15:26 -0500 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Nov 2001 20:15:26.0603 (UTC) FILETIME=[C5E705B0:01C166FF] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Kate Sith" o.o I still haven't gotten my cd. Why is this? -Kate Sith Queen of Spades TMBG Ambassador to the State of Michigan Keeper of Ewan McGregor's Smile * ------------------------------------------------------------ "I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time Well, I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what." -J. Linnell "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." -The Magical Sitar "This pig-shaped bush frightens and confuses me." -G. Threepwood >From: Bongo >Reply-To: Bongo >To: "tmbg-list@tmbg.org" >Subject: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? >Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 02:01:42 -0800 > > I haven't been keeping up with the list in last couple of months. >There were some technical difficulties with the list and I gave up on it >for awhile. This has probably been discussed already but I missed it >so... > > I noticed some discussion on variations of the signings of the emusic >Mink Car CDs. Mine has what looks like "John Sig" or "John Sin" in black >ink on the top of the booklet. On the bottom in red ink, is "John F." >done in Flans' self portrait style but the headlights are used for his >glasses. Is that how most of them were done? What were the other >variations? > > I was happy to see that the CD was shrink wrapped after the booklet >had been signed. I didn't expect that. However, I was horrified to see >that my copy had been "drilled". There's a small hole going through the >case and the UPC. Was my copy headed to a discount bin or is everybody's >like that? > >-B O N G O > > > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 15:24:05 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6KO5823806 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:24:05 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f175.pav2.hotmail.com [64.4.37.175]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6KO5N23798 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:24:05 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from katesith@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:23:59 -0800 Received: from 24.22.73.109 by pv2fd.pav2.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 20:23:59 GMT X-Originating-IP: [24.22.73.109] From: "Kate Sith" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: 9:30 club Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:23:59 -0500 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Nov 2001 20:23:59.0599 (UTC) FILETIME=[F7ABFFF0:01C16700] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Kate Sith" I live in Rochester Hills, part of the metro area, just north of Detroit, if you didn't know. ^_^ It was great to meet Flans! I wasn't expecting to so I got all nervous and excited. He was real busy, though, as you can probably imagine, in the mob and everything. But, because he was talking to me, he didn't talk to like 5 other people, just signed real quick. Bwahaha! ^_^ He's so sweet and nice to everyone. Linnell has always been my favorite (Flans fans think I'm nuts, but it mostly has to do with how Linnell reminds me of myself), but now I've fallen in love with Flans, too, and almost as much. Sapphire Bullets doesn't have T-shirts. I got mine from someone on this list (I'm so sorry, I don't remember who you are anymore! >.<). It's fan-made. That's why Flans was so confused. -Kate Sith Queen of Spades TMBG Ambassador to the State of Michigan Keeper of Ewan McGregor's Smile * ------------------------------------------------------------ "I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time Well, I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what." -J. Linnell "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." -The Magical Sitar "This pig-shaped bush frightens and confuses me." -G. Threepwood >From: Jennifer CG Nelson >To: Kate Sith >Subject: Re: TMBG: 9:30 club >Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:18:35 -0500 > >kate, >where in michigan are you located? >i grew up in holland, but went to school in ann arbor. live now in >richmond, virginia. >whenever i see good concerts in a2, i get sad... i never took full >advantage of the concert scene there. > >what was it like to meet flans? he's my favorite. >i didn't even know that sapphire bullets HAD shirts! >i'm so out of the loop. >guess that's what i get for being a suburban mom. ; ) > >take care, jennifer > > > >>*sighs* I so wanted to go to that, but there was just no way. I've >>never seen Sapphire Bullets, and I've wanted to for soooo long. I >>just met John Flansburgh for the first time at the Ann Arbor show, >>and I got a hug (^____^) and I was wearing my Sapphire Bullets >>t-shirt, and he asked where I got it, in confusion, and then told me >>they were having another Sapphire Bullets show on Halloween in DC >>and I should come down. ^^ It felt like he was inviting me or >>something. I love that man. >> >> >>-Kate Sith >>Queen of Spades >>TMBG Ambassador to the State of Michigan >>Keeper of Ewan McGregor's Smile >> >>------------------------------------------------------------ >> >>"I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time >>Well, I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what." >> -J. Linnell >> >>"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in >>return." >> -The Magical Sitar >> >>"This pig-shaped bush frightens and confuses me." >> -G. Threepwood >> >> >> >>>From: Jennifer CG Nelson >>>Reply-To: Jennifer CG Nelson >>>To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org >>>Subject: TMBG: 9:30 club >>>Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:18:50 -0500 >>> >>>yikes, the philly show opener sounds frightening. >>>i liked the one we saw the other day... "sapphire bullets" >>>not bad~ >>>; ) >>>i had NO IDEA until they took the stage who they "really" were. >>> >>>the 9:30 club, washington DC show was the best giants show i've seen. >>> >>>*PS* does anyone have a set list from that show? >>>i think i have all of the songs, but not in the correct order. >> >> >>_________________________________________________________________ >>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 16:15:42 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6LFgQ26038 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:15:42 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f78.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.78]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6LFfN26030 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:15:41 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:15:36 -0800 Received: from 129.25.20.239 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:15:36 GMT X-Originating-IP: [129.25.20.239] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:15:36 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Nov 2001 21:15:36.0391 (UTC) FILETIME=[2D80F570:01C16708] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Bongo: > I haven't been keeping up with the list in last couple of months. >There were some technical difficulties with the list and I gave up on it >for awhile. This has probably been discussed already but I missed it >so... > > I noticed some discussion on variations of the signings of the emusic >Mink Car CDs. Mine has what looks like "John Sig" or "John Sin" in black >ink on the top of the booklet. On the bottom in red ink, is "John F." >done in Flans' self portrait style but the headlights are used for his >glasses. Is that how most of them were done? What were the other >variations? I think most of them were signed that way. Mine is actually different: Linnell signed it as "Linny" Linnell. There were a few other variations, too. I think someone mentioned that Linnell signed his (or hers; I don't remember what gender this person was) as "J-Lo," and I think there were two signed by Henry Linnell. I think Flans signed pretty much all of them the same way, though. (He added "Hi!" to mine, actually.) > I was happy to see that the CD was shrink wrapped after the booklet >had been signed. I didn't expect that. However, I was horrified to see >that my copy had been "drilled". There's a small hole going through the >case and the UPC. Was my copy headed to a discount bin or is everybody's >like that? Isn't that so they can't be resold or something? I'm not sure. Why does it matter? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 16:21:57 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6LLvx26508 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:21:57 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f45.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.45]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6LLuN26500 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:21:56 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:21:51 -0800 Received: from 129.25.20.239 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:21:51 GMT X-Originating-IP: [129.25.20.239] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: New York show Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:21:51 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Nov 2001 21:21:51.0247 (UTC) FILETIME=[0CEF71F0:01C16709] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Kim: >i have been lurking for awhile, and i was just wondering- isn't there a new >york show coming up? Yes, it's at Town Hall on Friday, 16 November. >thanks.... You're welcome. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 16:22:02 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6LM2L26558 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:22:02 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from m24.boston.juno.com (m24.boston.juno.com [64.136.24.87]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6LM1N26550 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:22:01 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from tomacquisto@juno.com) Received: from cookie.juno.com by cookie.juno.com for <"L42Vk/ZHuHDjQezBKUa0CqRukuy+vGaPE4IbBg+2iFC5+OOo6m5IAA=="> Received: (from tomacquisto@juno.com) by m24.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id GKLFNB84; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 16:21:29 EST To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:28:32 -0600 Subject: TMBG: TMBG instrumentals Message-ID: <20011106.152833.-810631.0.TOMACQUISTO@juno.com> X-Mailer: Juno 4.0.11 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 1-2,5-7,9-10 X-Juno-Att: 0 X-Juno-RefParts: 0 From: Nicholas A ACQUISTO Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Nicholas A ACQUISTO The "Integrity Project" song from the Apollo 18 Promo video was played as an instrumental at the beginning of a few shows in '92. Also, if this counts, they played an instrumental version of Dirt Bike faster with bari sax playing the melody on a couple tv shows during the JH era. also My Funny Valentine and I Could Write a Book from the Pal Joey Show and the early DAS that I believe is called space jam. nick From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 16:28:26 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6LSQc26900 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:28:26 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f255.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.236.133]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6LSQN26892 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:28:26 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:28:20 -0800 Received: from 129.25.20.239 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:28:20 GMT X-Originating-IP: [129.25.20.239] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:28:20 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Nov 2001 21:28:20.0702 (UTC) FILETIME=[F5118FE0:01C16709] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Furfr: >You read them online. I read them through google groups right now, but >google makes it kind of confusing to figure out which ones i've already >read, and whenever i post something, it don't appear for hours. You can go >to www.tmbg.org and see if you can read it through that. I used to be able >to do that, but for some reason I can't anymore. Okay. Yeah. I sound just >as confused. I think there's a way to get the newsgroup through your mail server, but I don't know if it works anymore, after the tmbg.org crash. Even if it does work, that's a LOT of messages. The newsgroup tends to have higher traffic than this list. >But I do want to say that I like reading different stuff here than on the >newsgroup. It makes me feel like i'm getting twice as much. And also, they >feel like they have different atmospheres, which is really strange if the >same people are on both. Some of the same people are on both, but there are many people who are only on one or the other. Actually, there seem to be more people who post here, while most of the posts on the newsgroup tend to be by a handful of regulars who post really often (myself included, when I can get it to work). -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 16:31:37 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6LVbR27155 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:31:37 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-r05.mx.aol.com (imo-r05.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.101]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6LVbN27147 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:31:37 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from WeepDay@aol.com) Received: from WeepDay@aol.com by imo-r05.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v31_r1.8.) id i.11b.6fb6b8d (4560) for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:31:34 -0500 (EST) From: WeepDay@aol.com Message-ID: <11b.6fb6b8d.2919b0b5@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:31:33 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Emusic, get your shit together. (Man those guys blow!) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_11b.6fb6b8d.2919b0b5_boundary" X-Mailer: AOL 6.0 for Windows US sub 10540 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: WeepDay@aol.com --part1_11b.6fb6b8d.2919b0b5_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit speaking of e-music... i have been a member since the tmbg unlimited thing began, but haven't always had time to DL all the songs from each month...some months I didn't DL any of them...I'm wondering if e-music will put up all the back issues when the stop doing the tmbg unlimited thing...isn't supposed to end in december??? anyone think they will put up previous months for download?? amber~ weepday's lounge --part1_11b.6fb6b8d.2919b0b5_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit speaking of e-music...

i have been a member since the tmbg unlimited thing began, but haven't always had time to DL all the songs from each month...some months I didn't DL any of them...I'm wondering if e-music will put up all the back issues when the stop doing the tmbg unlimited thing...isn't supposed to end in december??? anyone think they will put up previous months for download??

amber~
weepday's lounge
--part1_11b.6fb6b8d.2919b0b5_boundary-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 16:35:29 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6LZT027349 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:35:29 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from c011.snv.cp.net (c011-h006.c011.snv.cp.net [209.228.34.219]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id fA6LZSN27341 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:35:28 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from bryce@tmbg.org) Received: (cpmta 11000 invoked from network); 6 Nov 2001 13:35:20 -0800 Received: from 208.22.73.21 (HELO mail.visualnetworks.com) by smtp.namezero.com (209.228.34.219) with SMTP; 6 Nov 2001 13:35:20 -0800 X-Sent: 6 Nov 2001 21:35:20 GMT Message-ID: <015701c1670a$9f176910$3a1410ac@avesta.com> From: "Bryce" To: Received: from no.name.available by mail.visualnetworks.com via smtpd (for namezero.com.criticalpath.net [209.229.62.48]) with SMTP; 6 Nov 2001 19:30:59 UT References: Subject: Re: TMBG: Sapphire Bullets t-shirts Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:33:04 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Bryce" Kate Sith : > I just met John Flansburgh for the first time at the Ann Arbor show, > and I got a hug (^____^) and I was wearing my Sapphire Bullets > t-shirt, and he asked where I got it, in confusion, and then told me > they were having another Sapphire Bullets show on Halloween in DC > and I should come down. How excellent! I had no idea that he'd ever seen any before last Wednesday. Thanks for posting that. > I got mine from someone on this list (I'm so sorry, I don't remember > who you are anymore! >.<). That would be me. I still have some left in sizes L, M, and S. XXLs ran out first, then XLs. Several people have asked about XLs, so I might be producing more of those if enough people are interested. But I'd only do that because I under-ordered XLs in the first place; this is a limited time offer. The designs are still up here: http://members.aol.com/brycegh/sb.front.gif http://members.aol.com/brycegh/sb.back.gif So email me if you want one. They're top quality shirts. Bryce From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 16:44:47 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6Lil827930 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:44:47 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from web13808.mail.yahoo.com (web13808.mail.yahoo.com [216.136.175.18]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id fA6LikN27922 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:44:47 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from eljackasso@yahoo.com) Message-ID: <20011106214446.46391.qmail@web13808.mail.yahoo.com> Received: from [216.7.195.58] by web13808.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 13:44:46 PST Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:44:46 -0800 (PST) From: Rob Cowley Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? To: Nathan Mulac DeHoff , tmbg-list@tmbg.org In-Reply-To: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Rob Cowley I'm not sure but anytime I've ever ordered TMBG cds from TMBG.com etc., they've always been drilled. I actually thought it might be a thing with it being shipped into Canada (where I am) but I don't know. Rob ===== "It's Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!!!" __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Find a job, post your resume. http://careers.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 16:47:07 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6Ll7M28070 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:47:07 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f32.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.32]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6Ll6N28062 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:47:06 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:47:01 -0800 Received: from 129.25.20.239 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:47:00 GMT X-Originating-IP: [129.25.20.239] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: the tmbg.org list VS. alt.music.tmbg Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:47:00 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Nov 2001 21:47:01.0206 (UTC) FILETIME=[90F0E760:01C1670C] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" sarah: >i find it easier to be on the list as opposed to the newsgroup. the list >shows up in my mailbox (even though i usually delete the posts i'm not >interested in); the newsgroup takes effort to visit. The list is definitely more convenient. Not only does it take effort, but news servers tend to go down pretty often (oddly enough, the AOL news server tends to be the most reliable of the ones I've used), and it's difficult to read them on more than one computer. (I guess the latter isn't really a problem if you only use one computer, but I check my e-mail all over the place, which is something I can't do with newsgroups.) > it seems like there's more chatter on the newsgroup (both on topic and >off) >.. so each aspect has it's pros and cons and whathaveya. Yeah, that could be an advantage or a disadvantage, depending on how much you want to read, and how good you are at ignoring what you DON'T want to read. I have noticed that there usually tend to be several threads going on at once on the newsgroup, while the list rarely has more than one at a time. (Today is, interestingly enough, an exception.) I first joined this list in late 1997, though (I had joined the newsgroup in August of that year), and I seem to recall there being a LOT more posts back then. I think there was less of a stigma against off-topic posts at that point, but there were a LOT of complaints about such posts a year or two ago, and I think people might be less willing to make off-topic posts than they had been in the past. There was a TMBG off-topic list started around this time (in April 1999 or so), and a lot of the off-topic discussion that might have occurred here probably ended up there, but this list is pretty much dead now. I'm not really sure why there are less ON-topic posts (and it certainly doesn't have to do with there being less to talk about, since TMBG has done much more this year than they did in 1997). The absence of Mike Leffel might have something to do with it, too. >likewise if i come >across something of note (which, is super rare) or a concert review or >something, i'll probably post in both arenas... That makes sense. I usually post reviews that I write to both the list and the newsgroup. At present, I probably post here more than anyone else, and I post pretty frequently to the newsgroup as well, but I rarely start threads; I just reply to what's there, and that's different on each forum. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 16:57:06 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6Lv6L28426 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:57:06 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f207.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.207]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6Lv5N28418 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:57:05 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:57:00 -0800 Received: from 129.25.20.239 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:57:00 GMT X-Originating-IP: [129.25.20.239] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:57:00 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Nov 2001 21:57:00.0382 (UTC) FILETIME=[F613E7E0:01C1670D] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Rob Cowley: >I'm not sure but anytime I've ever ordered TMBG >cds from TMBG.com etc., they've always been >drilled. I actually thought it might be a thing >with it being shipped into Canada (where I am) >but I don't know. I'm pretty sure my copy of Back To Skull (which I ordered from TMB Productions) was drilled, and I don't live in Canada. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 17:19:10 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA6MJAf29851 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 17:19:10 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f145.pav2.hotmail.com [64.4.37.145]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA6MJ9N29843 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 17:19:09 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from katesith@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:19:03 -0800 Received: from 24.22.73.109 by pv2fd.pav2.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 06 Nov 2001 22:19:03 GMT X-Originating-IP: [24.22.73.109] From: "Kate Sith" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 17:19:03 -0500 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Nov 2001 22:19:03.0956 (UTC) FILETIME=[0AFD4540:01C16711] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Kate Sith" Oh, BTW, Linnell probably signed that first one "John Sid." He does that a lot. Sidney is his middle name. -Kate Sith Queen of Spades TMBG Ambassador to the State of Michigan Keeper of Ewan McGregor's Smile * ------------------------------------------------------------ "I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time Well, I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what." -J. Linnell "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." -The Magical Sitar "This pig-shaped bush frightens and confuses me." -G. Threepwood >From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" >Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? >Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:15:36 +0000 > >Bongo: >> I haven't been keeping up with the list in last couple of months. >>There were some technical difficulties with the list and I gave up on it >>for awhile. This has probably been discussed already but I missed it >>so... >> >> I noticed some discussion on variations of the signings of the emusic >>Mink Car CDs. Mine has what looks like "John Sig" or "John Sin" in black >>ink on the top of the booklet. On the bottom in red ink, is "John F." >>done in Flans' self portrait style but the headlights are used for his >>glasses. Is that how most of them were done? What were the other >>variations? > >I think most of them were signed that way. Mine is actually different: >Linnell signed it as "Linny" Linnell. There were a few other variations, >too. I think someone mentioned that Linnell signed his (or hers; I don't >remember what gender this person was) as "J-Lo," and I think there were two >signed by Henry Linnell. I think Flans signed pretty much all of them the >same way, though. (He added "Hi!" to mine, actually.) > >> I was happy to see that the CD was shrink wrapped after the booklet >>had been signed. I didn't expect that. However, I was horrified to see >>that my copy had been "drilled". There's a small hole going through the >>case and the UPC. Was my copy headed to a discount bin or is everybody's >>like that? > >Isn't that so they can't be resold or something? I'm not sure. Why does >it >matter? >-- >May the light shine upon thee, >Nathan >DinnerBell@tmbg.org >http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ > > >_________________________________________________________________ >Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 20:20:03 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA71K3t38743 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:20:03 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from omni.cc.purdue.edu (omni.cc.purdue.edu [128.210.10.14]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA71K2N38735 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:20:02 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from coon@omni.cc.purdue.edu) Received: (from coon@localhost) by omni.cc.purdue.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) id UAA27681 for tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:20:01 -0500 (EST) From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <200111070120.UAA27681@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Mink Car: Why Drilled? To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org (tmbg) Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:20:01 -0500 (EST) In-Reply-To: from "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" at Nov 6, 2001 09:15:36 pm X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL24] Content-Type: text Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Matthew Coon > I was happy to see that the CD was shrink wrapped after the booklet >had been signed. I didn't expect that. However, I was horrified to see >that my copy had been "drilled". There's a small hole going through the >case and the UPC. Was my copy headed to a discount bin or is everybody's >like that? Drilled CDs (through the UPC) are Promotional copies. The idea is that the record company is giving them away free as Promos, and doesn't want other people getting them and selling them. (If you sell a commercial copy, a hefty chunk goes to the label. If you sell a free Promo, it's all profit for you - which is exactly why the labels don't want that to happen). Our Mink Car CDs being designated as Promos could be a by-product of including the special signed booklets, or it could be that They are able to make more money selling free promo copies than selling regular commercial copies. Or it could be something else entirely. m@t p.s. CDs going to the discount bin are "cut-outs," and are sawed through the spine of the case. The label sells these at a discount, and pays the artist nothing. The same distinction applies to vinyl LPs, too. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Nov 6 23:02:45 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id fA742jZ46218 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 23:02:45 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-d03.mx.aol.com (imo-d03.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.35]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id fA742jN46210 for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 23:02:45 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from PRMega@aol.com) Received: from PRMega@aol.com by imo-d03.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v31_r1.8.) id i.137.4316d85 (4468) for ; Tue, 6 Nov 2001 23:02:30 -0500 (EST) From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: <137.4316d85.291a0c56@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 23:02:30 EST Subject: TMBG: twistid.com/tmbg ? To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 7.0 for Windows US sub 118 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: PRMega@aol.com Just wondering...does anyone know when control of twistid.com/tmbg changes hands? I'd like to get back to downloading songs from it, but the links aren't working, and I'm pretty sure Adam's done with it... And while I'm posting: does anyone have a live mp3 of OKGO's song "Get Over It"? Thanks. PR Mega ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #47-6 *****************************