Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #48-12 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 48, Number 12 Thursday, 13 December 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: RE: RE: coming to NY Re: TMBG: Unlimited? Re: TMBG: Tmbg.org mail Re: TMBG: Boss of Me UK CD offer. TMBG: Some Sydney show reflections (in non-bohemian genre) Re: TMBG: RE: RE: coming to NY Re: TMBG: Tmbg.org mail Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <200112120834.fBC8YCg36146@pimout4-int.prodigy.net> From: Subject: TMBG: RE: RE: coming to NY Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:35 +0000 Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:30:24 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: Re: Non TMBG: coming to New York TMBG are playing out on Long Island on 12/29... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Get OUT!!!! Are you serious? Call me a moron, ok, I live in FL, but I would give my proverbial left 'you know what' (that is, if I were a guy) to go to that concert!!!!! How are ticket sales going so far? Do They typically sell out up there? Would anyone consider taking my firstborn in exchange for a ticket to that show????? Jenn ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Unlimited? Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:34:57 +0000 Message-ID: Gegatron: >-Some demo from some ancient song nobody gives a flying figbar about while >great songs like no answer thunderbird and what is everyone staring at sit >on >some shelf somewhere gathering dust. As much as I'd like nice versions of those three songs, I also like hearing things that I've never heard before. I mean, most of us have heard "Thunderbird," but tracks like "Tiny Doctors" and "The Bloodboat" are surprises to all of us. I DO think we can do without another live version of "Istanbul," though (although the one in November was probably the best so far). -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Tmbg.org mail Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:37:39 +0000 Message-ID: Jenn: >Hello all; just wondering if anyone had any opinions as to the reliability >of the tmbg.org's server with regard to the email alias/forwarding stuff. >I got mine recently activated. I have it as my reply address for all >correspondence, so want to make sure my mail will come through on a >consistent basis.. I'm subscribed to a few lists and such through my tmbg.org address, and I've never had any problem with it (as far as I know, anyway). It seems quite reliable to me. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:33:27 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Boss of Me UK CD offer. The thought of coming to New York reminded me that I still have a few copies of the UK 'Boss of Me' hit single. If anyone is interested I'll bring them over with me and post them from NYC and save valuable posting time! The deal is the same as before. You email me off list telling me what you want based on prices below (and please include you full name and address!). I send it to you. It arrives safely. You then send me money. I would prefer payment through Paypal, but will accept low domination dollars. The CD single consists of:- 1)Boss of Me 2) Reprehensible 3) Mr. Excitement featuring M Doughty for a total cost of $6.00 The Cassette only consists of 1)Boss of Me 2) Reprehensible For a total cost of $3.00 and if you want the CD and Cassette it's going to cost you a grand total of $8.00! I only have one or two cassettes and about three or four CDs so first come first served. Hopefully others on the list with testify to my honesty etc. in these matters! Please don't send money now - I trust and would prefer you to send money when stuff arrives safely. I'm trying to find out if 'It's so hot in here' have been released as a single yet. If it has I'll post details asap. Regards Richard ~ Your TMBG Ambassador to the UK ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20011212145954.54268.qmail@web20709.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 06:59:54 -0800 (PST) From: John Macris Subject: TMBG: Some Sydney show reflections (in non-bohemian genre) Sorry, I can't just do a 'cool bohemian', short succinct sentence type answer. This is the one chance of getting it out of our system before we have to go back and assimilate with the 99.99 percent of Sydney that weren't at the Metro the last two nights. They won't overwhelm me without a fight and I aim to tell at least five people I encounter tomorrow just what they missed. 1) Us - Tuesday I was at the back of the front and tonight (last night by now) approaching the front of the front. From either position I was struck by how lyric literate everyone was - right back through the catalog too. Maybe I just didn't notice it so much on the other tours that they've played the Metro. It made me think I must be among a distinct sub-population of people who really give a toss about lyrics. We also seemed to have a good sort of participatory democracy guiding the onset of mass moving and shaking. 2) Them - What they do on stage is immense. I don't think of it as particularly striving to be something different. Its more like they manage to seek out and capture every possible point of crossover between art and entertainment. Someone else can do setlists and that stuff. They also get the award for most unusual technical hitch tonight - John F. getting a half-second delay though his ear-piece monitor at the end of New York City and hence ending the song slightly lagged behind the others. It worked for me! 3) irrelevant stuff - a. efficient public transport got me back to my car swiftly. b. Lifestyle tip - Did you know that bicarb soda (found as a cheap powder used in baking etc) seems to work as a very effective deodorant. It creates PH conditions that the little odour producig bacteria aren't tolerant of and hence you perspire with minimal flavour. For instance today at the in-store at Newtown I ran to get there on time and was using one of those Faberge sweet-scented products. It didn't go the distance and I felt really stale in that line up for signing by the Johns. Then tonight I tried the soda application and inspite of several good moshes (too strong a term??) I came out pretty fresh. c. This keyboard of my flatmate's can do Scandinavian extras like o and a. Lastly, please let their next album and international tour be within say two years rather than five. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of your unique holiday gifts! Buy at http://shopping.yahoo.com or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3C178A5E.C2DBA738@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:48:30 -0600 From: Mitch Harding Organization: AIX kernel support and serviceability Subject: Re: TMBG: RE: RE: coming to NY There is a strong possibility my brother and I will be driving down from Maine to check out that show, so if you want me to get you a ticket when I buy our tickets, it could be possible. switsawa@tmbg.org wrote: > > Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:30:24 -0500 (EST) > From: Josh Axelrad > Subject: Re: Non TMBG: coming to New York > TMBG are playing out on Long Island on 12/29... > > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Get OUT!!!! Are you serious? Call me a moron, ok, I live in FL, but I would give my proverbial left 'you know what' (that is, if I were a guy) to go to that concert!!!!! How are ticket sales going so far? Do They typically sell out up there? Would anyone consider taking my firstborn in exchange for a ticket to that show????? > > Jenn -- http://www.mitcharf.com/ "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." - Matt Groening ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <7e.1f6e4bdd.29494a04@aol.com> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:02:12 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Tmbg.org mail In a message dated 12/12/01 8:38:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: > I'm subscribed to a few lists and such through my tmbg.org address, and I've > > never had any problem with it (as far as I know, anyway). It seems quite > reliable to me. Yes, but how does it WORK? [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #48-12 ******************************