Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #49-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 49, Number 14 Monday, 14 January 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG interview/MST3K Re: TMBG: TMBG interview/MST3K Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: MST3Kenobi@aol.com Message-ID: <61.193429b6.2973242f@aol.com> Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:55:59 EST Subject: TMBG: TMBG interview/MST3K Greetings, comrades. I was just thinking about the one interview They did for The Daily Show a while ago...Does anyone remember how the one conversation went when John Stewart (excuse me as I butcher some names) was camparing them to Lennon and McCartney of the Beatles and then John said something about VI Lenin? Just wondered, I really thought that it was amusing. Also, yesterday on Mystery Science Theater 3000 there was a joke about the Expo '67 (like in Purple Toupee). I just thought that that was something They made up. hmm. well, sorry for intruding on your otherwise exciting lives. ~MST3Kenobi@AOL.com Official TMBG Ambassador to the Sci-fi Community "I wanna be a nonconformist just like everybody else" -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GS/L/CS d-- s:t a? C++ U++ P L W++ N+ w+ !M [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] --- MST3Kenobi@aol.com wrote: > joke about the Expo '67 (like in Purple Toupee). I just thought > that that was something They made up. Negative. "Expo '67" was the nickname given to the 1967 World's Fair in Montreal (which is where their baseball team gets the name). The line in Purple Toupee is generally believed to be a mishmash of "Free the Chicago Seven!", referring to (obviously) 7 people in Chicago who were arrested for, well, I forget what. The second part was French President Charles de Gaulle's speech *at* Expo '67 urging Quebec independence, known as "Libre Quebec!" or in English, "Free Quebec!" This has been another useless fact, Danielle ===== This could lead to excellence or serious injury. --They Might Be Giants __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail! http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #49-14 ******************************