Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #49-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 49, Number 23 Thursday, 24 January 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: Exquisite Corpse TMBG: Compleatly random ? but who is.. TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #49-22 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:35:48 -0800 From: "Pzickler" Subject: TMBG: Re: Exquisite Corpse Exquisite Corpse was invented by the Dadaists, a group of surrealist artists, if my sources are correct. It actually started out as totally random writing, with each person adding a word without seeing what other words had been written. The name comes from a sentence created during one of the first sessions: "The exquisite corpse drinks new wine." Except I think it was originally in French, so you sometimes see it translated as "exquisite cadaver". There are versions where you add a specific part of speech in a specific order, insuring that the whole thing at least has correct syntax. Oddly enough, the popular word game Mad-Libs descended more or less directly from Exquisite Corpse. There you go, way more info than you really wanted. PZ ------------------------------ From: Some1No1Knows@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:22:56 EST Subject: TMBG: Compleatly random ? but who is.. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] We used to play it quite a lot in high school. Its kinda popular because it fill's in the time and it has a tendancy to be VERY VERY VERY rude. But we used to call it "rolly letter" not very orignal. :) I was kinda cooled out when I found out about the connection Lyndy Karen said: >There's a parlor game called "Exquisite Corpse"??? How does it go, >pray >tell? >This game could enjoy a resurgence among the Goth community, with a >name >like >that. If it's any fun, that is... "Don't cry because it's over... Smile because it happened" _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #49-23 ******************************