Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #49-27 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 49, Number 27 Tuesday, 29 January 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg You Were Spiraling Anyone? Re:TMBG: Compleatly random ? but who is.. TMBG: Recording Re: TMBG: Recording Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:37:19 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg You Were Spiraling Anyone? Happy New Year everyone! If anyone is a big YWS I have 10 tracks of them supporting TMBG at the Bowery that I'm happy to make a copy of. Talking of the Ben Folds Five : can anyone recommend where I should start with them CD wise? Richard >>> Nicholas A ACQUISTO 25/01/02 02:23:28 >>> Is anyone interested in buying any You Were Spiraling c.d.s? I figured if I tried to sell them on ebay no one would be looking up the name often enough to get any bids. For those not familiar with You Were Spiraling in '96 they released a great Hello Disc and toured with TMBG for a while. Also Brian Dewan Plays and sings on the album. They sound a lot like Ben Folds Five. Anyway I have 2 c.d.s that are kind of hard to find. I believe they were only sold at their concerts. "self-titled' which includes the songs, "A Wave of Your Hand", "Highway Confrontation Scene", "HandleAvoidControlKnow", "limited Wish", "Self, Displaces(I:Theme)", "Bad News", "Borrowed", "The Warmest Corner", and "Hopeful." and "Delusions of Grandeur" which includes "This Is the Road","Excellent Body", "Lightning Twice","Just a Phase","Big Wheel", "Friendship Spelled Backwards is Pihsdneirf","Squirm" and "This is the Road (alone)" If your interested in either or both of these albums email me with your price and I'll take the highest price in a couple days. thanks nick ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Subject: Re:TMBG: Compleatly random ? but who is.. Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:30:00 -0500 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" >I was going through the tmbg site and this out of pure curiosity WHO IS >TMBGDot anyway? I realize I'm replying to a 5-day-old post, but it took that long for me to open the attachment (after all, if it's from "Some1No1Knows", then it's from someone I don't know, and *everybody* knows you're not supposed to open attachments from someone you don't know...). But I finally figured Hell, this is my work computer, I've got nothing to lose... But no computer anthrax, and a pretty cute birdhouse icon, so I figured I'd say thanks for the icon. I guess nobody else had the noive to open it... TMBG Dot is their majordomo, sort of. Not to be confused with the mailing list's Majordomo, which is an automated Leo Bicknell clonebot. Dot is a real live majordomo, their coordinator, knower of all things, fixer of fixable problems, facilitator of the John's professional lives so that when they hit the stage or the studio their lil Johnly heads are clear, uncluttered with the troublesome mundanities which could cloud and stifle their creative neuroses. Or so it seems to me. Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:25:33 -0500 (EST) From: David Mccaleb Subject: TMBG: Recording Message-ID: Hey all, To those of you who tape shows, what kind of recorder do you use(how much, where can I get it)? I'm gonna get one, but I wanna make sure I get a good one at a good price. Thanks. david ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <7f.20b13c4d.29876137@aol.com> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:21:43 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Recording I used a Sony Mini Disc recorder at a show I went to last year. It came out very good I got it used for $85 at a used CD store. I tried to use it at another show, but the Odeon people found it and confiscated it. Drat. On another topic, anyone have good stories about hiding equipment at shows? Doc Rick Worm [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #49-27 ******************************