Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #49-29 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 49, Number 29 Thursday, 31 January 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Dial-a-Song compilation boxed set Re: TMBG: Dial-a-Song compilation boxed set Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dial-a-Song compilation boxed set Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:22:33 +0000 Message-ID: Bryce: >Wait a minute, though, TMBG Unlimited included demos of Particle Man and >Spy, >and numerous live recordings of "Elektra songs." Yes, but those were demos, and not stuff we already had. The one exception to this is "Token Back To Brooklyn," which somehow made it to Long Tall Weekend in the exact same form it took on Factory Showroom. >Also, it was Restless who >released Then: The Earlier Years, and it contained that demo of Which >Describes How You're Feeling. I think Elektra owns a particular set of >recordings, but not the songs in general. Dial-a-Song versions and demos >(that are sufficiently different from the released version) would be up for >grabs, I would expect. I would think so, but would anyone mind getting these? Some of the demos are really interesting (and occasionally even better than the released versions) and I'd certainly like some high-quality recordings of them. What I DON'T want is some "best of" deal with songs from all of the previously released albums, plus one or two unreleased things so that completists will buy it. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001a01c1a9a4$ba278f50$8d1410ac@visualnetworks.com> From: "Bryce" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dial-a-Song compilation boxed set Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:42:29 -0500 Nathan Mulac DeHoff : > What I DON'T want is some "best of" deal with songs > from all of the previously released albums, plus one or > two unreleased things so that completists will buy it. Ah, sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by "songs we already have." I don't think that what you describe is very likely, given the Dial-a-Song theme of the set, but I agree that it would suck. Bryce ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #49-29 ******************************