Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #50-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 50, Number 14 Wednesday, 20 February 2002 Today's Topics: Re:TMBG: sellouts TMBG: TMBG : Best of compilation Re: TMBG: TMBG : Best of compilation Re: TMBG: TMBG : Fingertips Europe vs USA version Re: TMBG: Thunderbird lyrics? Re: TMBG: TMBG : Fingertips Europe vs USA version Re: TMBG: Thunderbird lyrics? Re: TMBG: TMBG : Fingertips Europe vs USA version TMBG: New Onion Reference TMBG: TMBG and McSweeney's Re: TMBG: TMBG and McSweeney's TMBG: TMBG in The Onion TMBG: Re: TMBG and McSweeney's Re: TMBG: New Onion Reference Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: Re:TMBG: sellouts Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:44:00 -0500 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Hey!! What are you trying to do here, ruin a perfectly good listwar by being all.... reasonable...??? Karin H (Just because you're floating doesn't mean you haven't drowned) ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: sellouts Author: "Jennifer CG Nelson" Date: 02/18/02 1:39 PM if they are sellouts, or if they aren't i still love their music. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:56:22 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: TMBG: TMBG : Best of compilation So here is as an idea for a topic (and I'm sure it isn't an original idea). It's based around the old favourite of choosing your best of TMBG. However, this time you have to work with CDs that are easily available to everyone (So I'm afraid I'm excluding Long Tall Weekend but including the UK Mink Car) and each track of your best of has to coincide to where it was on the original release. So for example the first track on your best of can only be made up of:- 1 Man, (It's so loud in here (UK Mink Car)) 1 Bangs (It's so loud in here) 1 Doctor Worm (severe tire damage) 1 SEXXY 1 Dig my grave 1 Theme from Flood 1 Subliminal 1 Ana Ng 1 Everything right is wrong again Hope this all makes sense! It's a lot more difficult than you would imagine. My best of is as follows:- 1 Subliminal 2 I palindrome I 3 Man, It's so loud in here 4 Purple toupee 5 Mammal 6 Your racist friend 7 Hovering Sombrero 8 Why must I be sad? 9 Spiraling shape 10 James K Polk 11 She's an angel 12 Dirt bike 13 Destination Moon 14 Wicked little critta 15 Chess piece face 16 I hope that I get old before I die 17 Fingertips 18 Out of Jail 19 Stomp box 20 The End of the tour 38 Space suit The ones that I had to leave out but didn't want to were:- 1 Ana Ng 6 New York City 7 Hovering Sombrero 8 Twisting 9 Dinner bell 6 My Man (UK Mink Car) 11 My Man The full list for you to choose from is as follows. Apologies for any mistakes. At least we can all agree on tracks 20 and 38! 1 Man, It's so loud in here (UK Mink Car) 1 Bangs 1 Doctor Worm (live) 1 SEXXY 1 Dig my grave 1 Theme from Flood 1 Subliminal 1 Ana Ng 1 Everything right is wrong again 2 Boss of Me (UK Mink Car) 2 Cyclops Rock 2 Severe Tire Damage Theme (live) 2 Till my head falls off 2 I palindrome I 2 Birdhouse in your soul 2 Snail Shell 2 Cowtown 2 Put your hand inside the puppet head 3 Cyclops Rock (UK Mink Car) 3 Man, It's so loud in here 3 They got lost (live) 3 How can I sing like a girl 3 She's actual size 3 Lucy Ball & Chain 3 Sleeping in the flowers 3 Lie still, little bottle 3 Number three 4 Another first kiss (UK Mink Car) 4 Mr Xcitement 4 Why does the Sun shine (live) 4 Exquisite dead guy 4 My evil twin 4 Istanbul 4 Unrelated thing 4 Purple toupee 4 Don't let's start 5 Bangs (UK Mink Car) 5 Another first kiss 5 Birdhouse in your soul (live) 5 Metal Detector 5 Mammal 5 Dead 5 AKA Driver 5 Cage & Aquarium 5 Hide away folk family 6 My Man (UK Mink Car) 6 I've got a fang 6 She's an Angel (live) 6 New York City 6 The statute got me high 6 Your racist friend 6 I should be allowed to think 6 Where your eyes don't go 6 32 footsteps 7 Drink! (UK Mink Car) 7 Hovering Sombrero 7 XTX vs Adam Ant (live) 7 Your own worst enemy 7 Spider 7 Particle man 7 Extra Savoir-Faire 7 Piece of dirt 7 Toddler Hiway 8 Your Mom's Alright (UK Mink Car) 8 Yeh Yeh 8 Istanbul (live) 8 XTC vs Adam Ant 8 The guitar 8 Twisting 8 Why must I be sad? 8 Mr. Me 8 Rabid child 9 Hovering Sombrero (UK Mink Car) 9 Hopeless bleak despair 9 Ana Ng (live) 9 Spiraling shape 9 Dinner bell 9 We want a rock 9 Spy 9 Pencil Rain 9 Nothing's gonna change my clothes 10 Yeh Yeh (UK Mink Car) 10 Drink! 10 First Kiss (live) 10 James K Polk 10 Narrow your eyes 10 Someone keeps moving my chair 10 O, do not forsake me 10 The world's address 10 (She was a) Hotel Detective 11 I've got a fang (UK Mink Car) 11 My Man 11 Spider (live) 11 Pet Name 11 Hall of heads 11 Hearing aid 11 No-one knows my plan 11 I've got a match 11 She's an angel 12 Mink Car (UK Mink Car) 12 Older 12 Particle Man (live) 12 I can hear you 12 Which describes how you're feeling 12 Minimum wage 12 Dirt bike 12 Santa's beard 12 Youth culture killed my dog 13 Hopeless bleak despair (UK Mink Car) 13 Mink Car 13 She's actual size (live) 13 See the constellation 13 Letterbox 13 Destination Moon 13 You're miss me 13 Boat of car 14 Older (UK Mink Car) 14 Wicked little critta 14 SEXXY (live) 14 If I wasn't shy 14 Whistling in the dark 14 A self called nowhere 14 They'll need a crane 14 Absolutely Bill's mood 15 Finished with lies 15 Meet James Ensor (live) 15 Turn around 15 Hot cha 15 Meet James Ensor 15 Shoehorn with teeth 15 Chess piece face 16 She thinks she's Edith Head 16 Till my head falls off (live) 16 Hypnotist of ladies 16 Women & Men 16 Thermostat 16 Stand on your own head 16 I hope that I get old before I die 17 Working undercover for the Man 17 About me (live) 17 Fingertips 17 Sapphire bullets of pure love 17 Window 17 Snowball in hell 17 Alienation's for the rich 18 The might be giants 18 Out of Jail 18 Kiss me, son of God 18 The day 19 Road movie to Berlin 19 Stomp box 19 Rhythm section want ad 20 The End of the tour 38 Space suit Look forward to seeing your ideas! Richard ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG : Best of compilation Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:42:44 +0000 Message-ID: Richard Hilton: >So here is as an idea for a topic (and I'm sure it isn't an original idea). It's been done here before, albeit before the release of Mink Car, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to do it again. >It's based around the old favourite of choosing your best of TMBG. However, >this time you have to work with CDs that are easily available to everyone >(So I'm afraid I'm excluding Long Tall Weekend but including the UK Mink >Car) and each track of your best of has to coincide to where it was on the >original release. If you're including the UK Mink Car, what about the original European pressing of Apollo 18, which made "Fingertips" all one track? Or the Australian Mink Car, with "Boss Of Me" as track 18? And why isn't Miscellaneous T included? Anyway, I would probably go with: >1 Ana Ng >2 Birdhouse in your soul >3 Sleeping in the flowers >4 Purple toupee >5 Metal Detector >6 Where your eyes don't go >7 Hovering Sombrero >8 The guitar >9 Dinner bell >10 Drink! >11 She's an angel >12 Mink Car (UK Mink Car) >13 See the constellation >14 Whistling in the dark >15 Shoehorn with teeth >16 Women & Men >17 Sapphire bullets of pure love >18 Kiss me, son of God >19 Stomp box >20 The End of the tour Note that this is based purely on how much I like each track in comparison with the others in that position; I have no idea how these songs would sound in sequence, which is important. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:24:13 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG : Fingertips Europe vs USA version Nathan wrote : "If you're including the UK Mink Car, what about the original European pressing of Apollo 18, which made "Fingertips" all one track? " This is the version I have and I have never been able to make it play all 18 (or whatever) tracks. So does the USA version really play as 18 tracks (or whatever tracks) if put on random mode?! If so will someone trade a copy with me. PLEASE! Richard ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Thunderbird lyrics? Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:32:58 -0500 Message-ID: Sure thing. I know, I know, I said that I would quit. Alright, I promise, no more after this. You don't know how I tried to forget what it was like, I remember now, I remember now why they called it Thunderbird. Why they called it Thunderbird. Man, oh man, My throat is dry. Man, are you Thinking what I am? Well what about it then? Before you crawl you have to learn to fall. You can't see Heaven when you standing tall. To get the whole sky, on the ground you have to lie, I remember now, I remember now why they called it Thunderbird. Why they called it Thunderbird. They devised a plan, they would melt a man, and they called it Thunderbird. Yes, they called it Thunderbird. We have fun, me and my girl, we'll have fun, fun, fun until T-bird takes her dad away. I know, I know, I said that I'd desist. Alright, I promise, No more after this. Not to be what I was like, not to soar across the sky, spread my thunder wings and fly, spread my thunder wings and fly, I remember now, I remember now why they called it Thunderbird. Why they called it Thunderbird. >From: "absolutely ryan garner" >Reply-To: "absolutely ryan garner" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Thunderbird lyrics? >Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:53:19 -0700 > _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] It's 18 different tracks. I have a West German pressing of a Husker Du (a great Minnesota band from the 80s, btw..) album. The entire album is one track! Why are the foreign versions like this? Anyone? "WttJ' Jim Mohan TMBG Amb to MN Mr. Me ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hilton" To: ; Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 12:24 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG : Fingertips Europe vs USA version > Nathan wrote : > "If you're including the UK Mink Car, what about the original European > pressing of Apollo 18, which made "Fingertips" all one track? " > > This is the version I have and I have never been able to make it play all 18 (or whatever) tracks. So does the USA version really play as 18 tracks (or whatever tracks) if put on random mode?! If so will someone trade a copy with me. PLEASE! > > Richard > > > > ________________________________________________________________________ > This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The > service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive > anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: > http://www.star.net.uk > ________________________________________________________________________ > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Feb 19 17:42:02 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1JMg2m61574 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:42:02 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from ussdefiant.ufp.org (ussdefiant.ufp.org [209.249.50.19]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1JMg1J61564 for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:42:01 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from mitcharf@tmbg.org) Received: from mg03.austin.ibm.com (mg03.austin.ibm.com [192.35.232.20]) by ussdefiant.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA26750 for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:42:00 -0800 (PST) Received: from austin.ibm.com (netmail1.austin.ibm.com [9.3.7.138]) by mg03.austin.ibm.com (AIX4.3/8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA12358 for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:38:47 -0600 Received: from mitcharf.austin.ibm.com (mitcharf.austin.ibm.com [9.53.146.147]) by austin.ibm.com (AIX4.3/8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id QAA38394 for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:41:58 -0600 Received: from tmbg.org (mitcharf.austin.ibm.com [9.53.146.147]) by mitcharf.austin.ibm.com (AIX4.3/8.9.3/8.7-client1.01) with ESMTP id QAA34912 for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:41:58 -0600 Message-ID: <3C72D4B6.C73F8864@tmbg.org> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:41:58 -0600 From: Mitch Harding X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.78i [en] (X11; U; AIX 4.3) X-Accept-Language: en MIME-Version: 1.0 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Thunderbird lyrics? References: Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Mitch Harding I've listened to this song many times, and I understood all of the lyrics, but it wasn't until I saw them written here that I thought of Thunderbird as being the drink... Gives the song a different spin for me. John Ferrer wrote: > > Sure thing. > > I know, I know, > I said that I would quit. > Alright, I promise, > no more after this. > You don't know how I tried > to forget what it was like, > I remember now, > I remember now > why they called it Thunderbird. > Why they called it Thunderbird. > > Man, oh man, > My throat is dry. > Man, are you > Thinking what I > am? Well what about it then? > > Before you crawl > you have to learn to fall. > You can't see Heaven > when you standing tall. > To get the whole sky, > on the ground you have to lie, > I remember now, > I remember now > why they called it Thunderbird. > Why they called it Thunderbird. > > They devised a plan, > they would melt a man, > and they called it Thunderbird. > Yes, they called it Thunderbird. > > We have fun, me > and my girl, we'll > have fun, fun, fun until > T-bird takes her dad away. > > I know, I know, > I said that I'd desist. > Alright, I promise, > No more after this. > Not to be what I was like, > not to soar across the sky, > spread my thunder wings and fly, > spread my thunder wings and fly, > I remember now, > I remember now > why they called it Thunderbird. > Why they called it Thunderbird. > > >From: "absolutely ryan garner" > >Reply-To: "absolutely ryan garner" > >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > >Subject: TMBG: Thunderbird lyrics? > >Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:53:19 -0700 > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: > http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx > > --------------------------------------------------------------- > > Subject: TMBG: Thunderbird lyrics? > Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:53:19 -0700 > From: "absolutely ryan garner" > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > > would anyone be so kind as to relay the lyrics to "thunderbird" to > myself and i too? (the forwards version?)(not the "on earth my nina" > bit?) (and yes i did try reversing "on earth my nina" to decipher > them) (to no avail and with no luck however) > > [Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image] > [Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image] > The sender of the preceeding message, > and the author of the ensuing signature, > Ryan Garner, > Excerpt from: "The allegory of the people in the cave by the Greek > guy" > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here -- http://www.mitcharf.com/ "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." - Matt Groening From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Feb 19 18:13:07 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1JND7962628 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:13:07 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f204.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.204]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1JND7J62620 for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:13:07 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:13:01 -0800 Received: from 63.10.25.27 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:13:01 GMT X-Originating-IP: [63.10.25.27] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG : Fingertips Europe vs USA version Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:13:01 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 19 Feb 2002 23:13:01.0582 (UTC) FILETIME=[FA238AE0:01C1B99A] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Richard Hilton: >Nathan wrote : >"If you're including the UK Mink Car, what about the original European >pressing of Apollo 18, which made "Fingertips" all one track? " > >This is the version I have and I have never been able to make it play all >18 (or whatever) tracks. So does the USA version really play as 18 tracks >(or whatever tracks) if put on random mode?! If so will someone trade a >copy with me. PLEASE! Yes, the American version has "Fingertips" as 21 separate tracks. No, I don't have a copy to trade. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Feb 19 18:13:32 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1JNDWZ62685 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:13:32 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com ([207.68.163.210]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1JNDVJ62675 for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:13:31 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from ikutmyself@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:13:26 -0800 Received: from 24.197.115.11 by sea1fd.sea1.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:13:25 GMT X-Originating-IP: [24.197.115.11] From: "John Ferrer" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: New Onion Reference Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:13:25 -0500 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 19 Feb 2002 23:13:26.0069 (UTC) FILETIME=[08BBF650:01C1B99B] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "John Ferrer" Our friends at the Onion have once again lovingly mocked our geekiness. They have a really funny infographic listing the newest Internet abbreviations, and one of them is DYHTNTMBG, for Did You Hear the New They Might Be Giants? http://www.theonion.com/onion3806/infograph_3806.html _________________________________________________________________ Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Feb 19 18:22:54 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1JNMsR63135 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:22:54 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f213.law12.hotmail.com [64.4.19.213]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1JNMrJ63127 for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:22:53 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from dgeiser13@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:22:48 -0800 Received: from 24.208.147.103 by lw12fd.law12.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:22:48 GMT X-Originating-IP: [24.208.147.103] From: "Dan Geiser" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: TMBG and McSweeney's Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:22:48 -0500 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 19 Feb 2002 23:22:48.0101 (UTC) FILETIME=[57BB3D50:01C1B99C] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Dan Geiser" Could someone please respond to this? I can't tell if my messages are making it to the list. Gracias, Dan http://bitstream.manilasites.com/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Feb 19 18:30:48 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1JNUmh63471 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:30:48 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-m09.mx.aol.com (imo-m09.mx.aol.com [64.12.136.164]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1JNUmJ63463 for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:30:48 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from Kaylum@aol.com) Received: from Kaylum@aol.com by imo-m09.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v32.5.) id i.c3.1e370cf4 (25306) for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:30:38 -0500 (EST) From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:30:38 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG and McSweeney's To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 7.0 for Windows US sub 118 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Kaylum@aol.com I got it. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Feb 19 19:41:07 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1K0f7M65733 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:41:07 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from m5.boston.juno.com (m5.boston.juno.com [64.136.24.68]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1K0f6J65725 for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:41:06 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from jbparke@juno.com) Received: from cookie.juno.com by cookie.juno.com for <"Y6ejWYpWBzl1ofllyWt8Wszx+lLHtFIktPP/4FzxmAzR2JLjwNScAQ=="> Received: (from jbparke@juno.com) by m5.boston.juno.com (jqueuemail) id GT26SKDR; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:40:41 EST To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:42:10 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMBG in The Onion Message-ID: <20020219.194210.208.0.jbparke@juno.com> X-Mailer: Juno 5.0.33 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 1,3-6 From: Jeff Parker Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Jeff Parker Hey guys... there's a brief mention of TMBG in the new edition of The Onion. It's really small but pretty funny. Go to www.theonion.com and click on Chat-Room Shorthand on the very left-hand side of the screen. Have fun! ^v^ Jeffro ^v^ From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Feb 19 21:04:15 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1K24Fu68200 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:04:15 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from cpimssmtpu11.email.msn.com (cpimssmtpu11.email.msn.com [207.46.181.86]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1K24CJ68192 for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:04:14 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from theims3@msn.com) Received: from oemcomputer ([63.226.152.222]) by cpimssmtpu11.email.msn.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.4617); Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:04:24 -0800 Message-ID: <001d01c1b9b2$6c4baaa0$de98e23f@oemcomputer> From: "James and Kimberly Mohan" To: "Dan Geiser" , References: Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG and McSweeney's Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:00:50 -0600 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400 X-OriginalArrivalTime: 20 Feb 2002 02:04:25.0038 (UTC) FILETIME=[EB8E66E0:01C1B9B2] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "James and Kimberly Mohan" I thought I had it, but I dropped it, and it broke. ...sorry 'WttJ' Jim Mohan Number 3 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Geiser" To: Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 5:22 PM Subject: TMBG: TMBG and McSweeney's > Could someone please respond to this? I can't tell if my messages are > making it to the list. > > Gracias, > Dan > http://bitstream.manilasites.com/ > > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. > > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Feb 19 22:53:00 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1K3r0b71679 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:53:00 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from dhcp9586174.columbus.rr.com (dhcp9586174.columbus.rr.com [24.95.86.174]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1K3qxJ71671 for ; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:52:59 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from mwmiller@dhcp9586174.columbus.rr.com) Received: (from mwmiller@localhost) by dhcp9586174.columbus.rr.com (8.11.6/8.11.6) id g1K3tlE14572 for tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:55:47 -0500 Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:55:46 -0500 From: mwmiller@columbus.rr.com To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: New Onion Reference Message-ID: <20020220035546.GC14471@columbus.rr.com> References: Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline In-Reply-To: User-Agent: Mutt/1.3.27i Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: mwmiller@columbus.rr.com On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 06:13:25PM -0500, John Ferrer wrote: > Our friends at the Onion have once again lovingly mocked our > geekiness. They have a really funny infographic listing the newest > Internet abbreviations, and one of them is DYHTNTMBG, for Did You Hear > the New They Might Be Giants? > http://www.theonion.com/onion3806/infograph_3806.html And yet, they missed TMBGASO! (They Might Be Giants are sell-outs!) -- Matthew W. Miller -- mwmiller@columbus.rr.com ("No They aren't!") (Yes They are!") ("No They aren't!") (Yes They are!") ("No They aren't!") (Yes They are!") ("No They aren't!") (Yes They are!") ("No They aren't!") (Yes They are!") ("No They aren't!") (Yes They are!") ("No They aren't!") (Yes They are!") ("No They aren't!") (Yes They are!") ("No They aren't!") (Yes They are!"...) ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #50-14 ******************************