Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #50-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 50, Number 21 Thursday, 28 February 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords RE: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords RE: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords TMBG: Happy Grammy Day! Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Re: TMBG: Happy Grammy Day! Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords RE: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords TMBG: RE: Re:age RE: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords TMBG: wow, what ages! Re: TMBG: wow, what ages! (and grammy confusion) TMBG: The Oracle Of Bacon TMBG: Reverse Ageism TMBG: Re:age TMBG: Congrats TMBG!!!!!!!!! Re: TMBG: Congrats TMBG!!!!!!!!! RE: TMBG: Grammy TMBG: Re:Age TMBG: tmbg grammy reaction link TMBG: Holy crap! TMBG: Re:holy crap Re: TMBG: tmbg grammy reaction link TMBG: age TMBG: as you already know... TMBG: GRAMMY! TMBG: check it out... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Patrick Flanagan" Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:48:11 -0500 Message-ID: thanks, this looks like it would work. also, just a question...how old are some of the fans out there? >I know you asked for guitar tabs, but can you figure them out from chord >names? Somebody came up with this: >http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&th=38e916c3d93d5643&rnum=1 > >I haven't tried it so I can't vouch for its accuracy. It looks mostly >right, >though. > >Bryce > > > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <14a.9970dcb.29ae4d0a@aol.com> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:54:02 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords In a message dated 2/27/2002 9:48:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, eastcoast_rydaz@msn.com writes: > also, just a question...how old are some of the fans out there? TMBG has one of the broadest base of fans age-wise that I know of. I'm on the higher end of the age spectrum at 36 (almost 37, ack!) Kay [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ From: MDG0611@aol.com Message-ID: <25.23a74d1b.29ae4eeb@aol.com> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:02:03 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords In a message dated 2/27/02 8:48:45 AM, eastcoast_rydaz@msn.com writes: << also, just a question...how old are some of the fans out there? >> 30's ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: Amy Greenlese Subject: RE: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:04:27 -0500 Well, some of the fans are 19, some are 24, some are 13, some are even 35. I happen to be 26. Amy :) -----Original Message----- From: Patrick Flanagan thanks, this looks like it would work. also, just a question...how old are some of the fans out there? ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:05:37 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Me? Nearer 50 than 40 is the nearest I will go! Anyhow age is a state of mind is my excuse for my juvenile love of TMBG! Richard >>> "Patrick Flanagan" 27/02/02 14:48:11 >>> thanks, this looks like it would work. also, just a question...how old are some of the fans out there? >I know you asked for guitar tabs, but can you figure them out from chord >names? Somebody came up with this: >http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&th=38e916c3d93d5643&rnum=1 > >I haven't tried it so I can't vouch for its accuracy. It looks mostly >right, >though. > >Bryce > > > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:33:00 -0500 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Patrick F sez: >also, just a question...how old are some of the fans out there? "out there" being all of TMBG fandom, or being "out there" on the list? At shows, you'll see a range from college age to parents of college age, and I personally have known fans to be distraught when a show was in a "16 & over" venue. The list seems to be predominantly college age, or actually college. Except for a few relics like Richard, Kay, "WTTJ" Jim, & me (I am 2 years past the answer to the question of Life, the Universe, & Everything) (and no, that does *not* mean that I'm older than time, thank you very much....!), who are actually contemporaries of the Johns. And most of the Dans, for that matter. We are all ageless, we are all timeless. And I, for one, am still immortal.... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <9.23de1c63.29ae5c91@aol.com> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:00:17 EST Subject: TMBG: Happy Grammy Day! The award "Boss of Me" is up for will be given out during the daytime ceremony at about 2pm today. Good luck, TMBG! Kay ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:16:38 EST From: Furfr@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Message-ID: <11a.ca02d7e.29ae6066@aol.com> I'm 29 and really, really surprised. I was under the impression that all tmbg fans were 20! Now...how old is too old to stand in the front at shows? ;) ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:25:39 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords If you can hang onto a bit of the stage then you are never too old to be at the front at shows! Interestingly many of the fans at the UK shows looked to have become fans at the time of Birdhouse / Flood. Richard >>> 27/02/02 16:16:38 >>> I'm 29 and really, really surprised. I was under the impression that all tmbg fans were 20! Now...how old is too old to stand in the front at shows? ;) ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ From: "Dan Geiser" Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:45:32 -0500 Message-ID: I am 35. I can't imagine why their fans would be 20. They've been doing this for at least 15-20 years. >From: Furfr@aol.com >Reply-To: Furfr@aol.com >To: >Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords >Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:16:38 EST > >I'm 29 and really, really surprised. I was under the impression that all >tmbg fans were 20! > >Now...how old is too old to stand in the front at shows? ;) _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <13f.a10bd63.29ae7916@aol.com> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:01:58 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Happy Grammy Day! Traditionally, the daytime awards aren't televised; they only show brief clips of the winners during the main ceremony (all the more reason to hope TMBG win!). I'm keeping an eye on the E! entertainment channel, though, just in case, hehe. Kay ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:13:26 EST From: Furfr@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Message-ID: <195.2ebdb3f.29ae7bc6@aol.com> Well, not all of us were lucky enough to discover them the day they started! There are a lot of tiny-tooners out there. :) In a message dated Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:46:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Dan Geiser" writes: >>I am 35. I can't imagine why their fans would be 20. They've been doing this for at least 15-20 years. ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:09:00 -0500 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Reverse ageism!!! There are large numbers of intelligent 20 year olds with good musical taste and an awareness that there's more out there than Kid Rock and Christina Aguilera. I was introduced to TMBG by my 18 year old daughter, who was 15 at the time. Same daughter who introduced me to Moxy Fruvous and younger sister of the daughter who introduced me to Loreena McKennitt and Voltaire. These artists are all around my age, but I would never have heard of them if not for some seriously under-30 people. Dan, if TMBG had been who They are today back when you were 20, wouldn't you have still enjoyed them? I bet you would have. Karin H ** Just because you're floating doesn't mean you haven't drowned ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Author: "Dan Geiser" Date: 02/27/02 12:45 PM I am 35. I can't imagine why their fans would be 20. They've been doing this for at least 15-20 years. >From: Furfr@aol.com >Reply-To: Furfr@aol.com >To: >Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords >Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:16:38 EST > >I'm 29 and really, really surprised. I was under the impression that all >tmbg fans were 20! > >Now...how old is too old to stand in the front at shows? ;) _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. ------------------------------ Date: 27 Feb 2002 19:46:44 -0000 Message-ID: <20020227194644.9003.qmail@toast.com> Subject: TMBG: RE: Re:age From: "Christina ." ------------ Original Message ------------ From: Patrick Flanagan Sent: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 To: Christina . Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords thanks, this looks like it would work. also, just a question...how old are some of the fans out there? 15 >I know you asked for guitar tabs, but can you figure them out from chord >names? Somebody came up with this: >http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&th=38e916c3d93d5643&rnum=1 > >I haven't tried it so I can't vouch for its accuracy. It looks mostly >right, >though. > >Bryce > > > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. __________________________________________ Join http://www.toast.com today for your own free, flash-based webmail! ------------------------------ From: "The Farking Disc" Subject: RE: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:07:21 +0000 Message-ID: I guess I'm at the lower end of the spectrum at 13 :) (and no, I wasn't dragged in by MITM. It was actually a surprise to realize my favourite band was also doing the theme for a new show on Sky One :)) >From: "Karin Highfield" >Reply-To: "Karin Highfield" >To: "\"Dan Geiser\" " , >Subject: RE: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords >Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:09:00 -0500 > >Reverse ageism!!! >There are large numbers of intelligent 20 year olds with good musical taste >and >an awareness that there's more out there than Kid Rock and Christina >Aguilera. > >I was introduced to TMBG by my 18 year old daughter, who was 15 at the >time. >Same daughter who introduced me to Moxy Fruvous and younger sister of the >daughter who introduced me to Loreena McKennitt and Voltaire. These >artists are >all around my age, but I would never have heard of them if not for some >seriously under-30 people. > >Dan, if TMBG had been who They are today back when you were 20, wouldn't >you >have still enjoyed them? I bet you would have. > >Karin H >** Just because you're floating doesn't mean you haven't drowned ** > >____________________Reply Separator____________________ >Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords >Author: "Dan Geiser" >Date: 02/27/02 12:45 PM > >I am 35. I can't imagine why their fans would be 20. They've been doing >this for at least 15-20 years. > > >From: Furfr@aol.com > >Reply-To: Furfr@aol.com > >To: > >Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords > >Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:16:38 EST > > > >I'm 29 and really, really surprised. I was under the impression that all > >tmbg fans were 20! > > > >Now...how old is too old to stand in the front at shows? ;) > > >_________________________________________________________________ >Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx ------------------------------ From: "Patrick Flanagan" Subject: TMBG: wow, what ages! Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:39:59 -0500 Message-ID: woah! i was thinking the highest age would go to about 20 MABE, but WOW! so i guess a 16 yr old would fit right in. cool. -pat _________________________________________________________________ Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:49:14 EST From: Furfr@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: wow, what ages! (and grammy confusion) Message-ID: Why wouldn't there be fans older than 20? They've been doing this for 15 to 20 years now! ;) Going back to the grammys, when exactly is VH1 showing the not-popular awards? I read the tmbg email that said they'd be covering that award, but VH1's schedule goes back and forth from Grammy stuff to movies, and I can't find anything that really describes what the grammy stuff is. WHEN should the vcr be set for??? In a message dated Wed, 27 Feb 2002 4:40:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Patrick Flanagan" writes: > woah! i was thinking the highest age would go to about 20 MABE, but WOW! so > i guess a 16 yr old would fit right in. cool. > -pat > ________________________________________________________> Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:02:31 -0500 Message-Id: <200202271702.AA658505902@megahits.com> From: "lees" Subject: TMBG: The Oracle Of Bacon Check this out..... the Oracle Of Bacon has been officially updated to include Gigantic. Now John and John's names are included in the listing. http://www.oracleofbacon.org ------------------------------ From: "Dan Geiser" Subject: TMBG: Reverse Ageism Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:08:22 -0500 Message-ID: >Karin H. wrote: > >There are large numbers of intelligent 20 year olds with good musical > >taste and I know there are large numbers of 20 year olds with good musical tastes because when I was 20 years old I had good musical tastes and so did my friends who were the same age as me. Why would that change? >Dan, if TMBG had been who They are today back when you were 20, >wouldn't >you have still enjoyed them? I bet you would have. Not only would I have enjoyed them I DID enjoy them because I saw them live when I was 22 years old. I was referring to the previous comment which stated "I was under the impression that all tmbg fans were 20" by saying "I can't imagine why their fans would be 20". Although poorly worded I was questioning why that persion would assume that the bulk of their fans would be 20. I would assume just the opposite. Because they've been around for such a long time the BULK of their fans would not be that young. Not to say that they don't have many fans that are in that age bracket but I can guarantee you that the BULK of TMBG's fans are not that young. Later, Dan http://bitstream.manilasites.com/ _________________________________________________________________ Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:32:40 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Re:age From: Tricia Juettemeyer Message-ID: > thanks, this looks like it would work. also, just a question...how old are > some of the fans out there? This fan is only 23. But I can say they have been a most treasured band since the ripe old age of 12, upon the discovery of Flood and then subsequently everything else. There is no tiring of them(They.) Anyway, youth becomes us. ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <164.987914f.29aebdd9@aol.com> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:55:21 EST Subject: TMBG: Congrats TMBG!!!!!!!!! They won the Grammy they were nominated for! Hopefully they'll show them winning on the show tonight :) Kay ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: <47.18ed3333.29aec1f1@aol.com> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:12:49 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Congrats TMBG!!!!!!!!! In a message dated 2/27/2002 2:56:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, Kaylum@aol.com writes: > They won the Grammy they were nominated for! Hopefully they'll show them > winning on the show tonight :) That's so awesome! Congratulations, TMBG! PR Mega [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] I was 15 when I discovered TMBG, sometime after Lincoln but before Flood. I bought everthing TMBG I could find while in high school and attended all the shows I could get to, even if it meant walking or going by myself (and telling my parents I was meeting my friends there, otherwise they wouldn't let me go if they thought I was going to be by myself. Most of my friends back then really weren't into TMBG's music, so it was difficult to get them to part with their hard earned $15 they earned at their crappy food service jobs at a rate of $3.35/hour). I may not know everything there is to know about the Johns (my miserable score in the trivia contest shows that), but I still consider myself to be a loyal fan and as long as TMBG makes music, I will forever support them (and congrats on the Grammy!) Jen >From: "The Farking Disc" >Reply-To: "The Farking Disc" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: RE: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords >Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:07:21 +0000 > >I guess I'm at the lower end of the spectrum at 13 :) (and no, I wasn't >dragged in by MITM. It was actually a surprise to realize my favourite band >was also doing the theme for a new show on Sky One :)) > >>From: "Karin Highfield" >>Reply-To: "Karin Highfield" >>To: "\"Dan Geiser\" " , >>Subject: RE: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords >>Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:09:00 -0500 >> >>Reverse ageism!!! >>There are large numbers of intelligent 20 year olds with good musical >>taste >>and >>an awareness that there's more out there than Kid Rock and Christina >>Aguilera. >> >>I was introduced to TMBG by my 18 year old daughter, who was 15 at the >>time. >>Same daughter who introduced me to Moxy Fruvous and younger sister of the >>daughter who introduced me to Loreena McKennitt and Voltaire. These >>artists are >>all around my age, but I would never have heard of them if not for some >>seriously under-30 people. >> >>Dan, if TMBG had been who They are today back when you were 20, wouldn't >>you >>have still enjoyed them? I bet you would have. >> >>Karin H >>** Just because you're floating doesn't mean you haven't drowned ** >> >>____________________Reply Separator____________________ >>Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords >>Author: "Dan Geiser" >>Date: 02/27/02 12:45 PM >> >>I am 35. I can't imagine why their fans would be 20. They've been doing >>this for at least 15-20 years. >> >> >From: Furfr@aol.com >> >Reply-To: Furfr@aol.com >> >To: >> >Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords >> >Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:16:38 EST >> > >> >I'm 29 and really, really surprised. I was under the impression that all >> >tmbg fans were 20! >> > >> >Now...how old is too old to stand in the front at shows? ;) >> >> >>_________________________________________________________________ >>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at >>http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. > > > > >_________________________________________________________________ >MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: >http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx > _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Feb 27 19:34:08 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1S0Y8G25215 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:34:08 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-d02.mx.aol.com (imo-d02.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.34]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1S0Y8J25207 for ; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:34:08 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from Alterian@aol.com) Received: from Alterian@aol.com by imo-d02.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v32.5.) id i.8b.14712550 (26119) for ; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:34:01 -0500 (EST) From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <8b.14712550.29aed4f8@aol.com> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:34:00 EST Subject: TMBG: Re:Age To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 7.0 for Windows US sub 121 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Alterian@aol.com I'm 19...its funny... I remember my first TMBG show when I was 14 and I thought everyone looked so old there. Now when I go to a show everyone looks so young. ~^v^~Amber the Transcendent~^v^~ From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Feb 27 21:09:37 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1S29bw29404 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:09:37 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from tmbg.res.cmu.edu (root@TMBG.RES.cmu.edu [128.2.165.87]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1S29aJ29396 for ; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:09:36 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from jish@tmbg.net) Received: from localhost (jish@localhost) by tmbg.res.cmu.edu (8.10.2/8.10.2) with ESMTP id g1S2BIh16392 for ; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:11:18 -0500 Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:11:18 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Axelrad X-X-Sender: jish@tmbg.res.cmu.edu To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: tmbg grammy reaction link Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Josh Axelrad http://grammy.aol.com/features/reactions.html so whats the deal with vh-1 coverage (as flans mentioned in his email)? -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ "The notion of you remembers who the real you used to be, and the legend of you wouldn't ever do the things you've done to me." -- Sean Altman From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Feb 27 21:23:19 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1S2NJU30117 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:23:19 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from cpimssmtpu08.email.msn.com (cpimssmtpu08.email.msn.com [207.46.181.83]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1S2NIJ30109 for ; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:23:18 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from egon99@yahoo.com) Received: from PANTSMACHINE ([63.29.115.213]) by cpimssmtpu08.email.msn.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.4617); Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:21:59 -0800 Message-ID: <000f01c1bfff$10ae2b20$d5731d3f@dane.tzo.com> From: "Mister Wonderful" To: References: <200202270704.g1R740x98614@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: Holy crap! Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:24:33 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4522.1200 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4522.1200 X-OriginalArrivalTime: 28 Feb 2002 02:21:59.0705 (UTC) FILETIME=[B37DD090:01C1BFFE] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Mister Wonderful" They won! TMBG actually won the freaking grammy!!! -Bill TLGFF ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 2:04 AM Subject: tmbg-list Digest #50-20 > > tmbg-list Digest, Volume 50, Number 20 > > Wednesday, 27 February 2002 > > Today's Topics: > > TMBG: Link? > Re:TMBG: umm, hi > Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords > > Administrivia: > > If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to > tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be > automatically removed. > > --------------------------------------------------------------------- > The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. > --------------------------------------------------------------------- > > tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > > From: "Erich Cannon" > Subject: TMBG: Link? > Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:01:38 -0800 > Message-ID: > > Can anyone tell me the link to the Visual Discography page? thanks. > > Erich > > [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] > Hey, Pat - - - > A muddled, Tuesday morning (but sincere!) "welcome to the list" is about all I'm > good for, I'm afraid... I looked all the places I know to look, & I don't > believe there are any tabs for Hovering Sombrero up yet anywhere. Course, the > places I know to look total about... (let's see... 7, 4, carry the 6... ummm, > okay...) > *Three* > so I might not be the authority on the subject. Anybody out there with a wider > database to draw from? (That's yer basic rhetorical q, people. somebody chime > in, whaddaya say?) > Anyway... Hi, Pat! > Karin H > ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** > > ____________________Reply Separator____________________ > Subject: TMBG: umm, hi > Author: "Patrick Flanagan" > Date: 02/22/02 2:27 PM > > hi everyone. um, im new to this whole mail list thing so, im going to hope > someone gets this. > can anyone help me figure out or help me find the "hovering sombrero" tabs? > the song is on tmbg's new cd "mink car" and id really like to know the tabs, > thanks. > -pat > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Feb 26 12:19:20 2002 > Received: (from majordom@localhost) > by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1QHJK377004 > for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:19:20 -0500 (EST) > (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) > Received: from c011.snv.cp.net (c011-h001.c011.snv.cp.net [209.228.34.214]) > by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id g1QHJFJ76996 > for ; Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:19:20 -0500 (EST) > (envelope-from bryce@tmbg.org) > Received: (cpmta 11313 invoked from network); 26 Feb 2002 09:19:09 -0800 > Received: from 208.22.73.21 (HELO mail.visualnetworks.com) > by smtp.namezero.com (209.228.34.214) with SMTP; 26 Feb 2002 09:19:09 -0800 > X-Sent: 26 Feb 2002 17:19:09 GMT > Message-ID: <000501c1bee9$c5427990$b31510ac@visualnetworks.com> > From: "Bryce" > To: > Received: from no.name.available by mail.visualnetworks.com > via smtpd (for namezero.com.criticalpath.net [209.229.62.48]) with SMTP; 26 Feb 2002 17:19:08 UT > Subject: Re: TMBG: Hovering Sombrero chords > Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:19:38 -0500 > MIME-Version: 1.0 > Content-Type: text/plain; > charset="iso-8859-1" > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > X-Priority: 3 > X-MSMail-Priority: Normal > X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300 > X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300 > Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Precedence: bulk > Reply-To: "Bryce" > > I know you asked for guitar tabs, but can you figure them out from chord > names? Somebody came up with this: > http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&th=38e916c3d93d5643&rnum=1 > > I haven't tried it so I can't vouch for its accuracy. It looks mostly right, > though. > > Bryce > > ------------------------------ > > End of tmbg-list Digest #50-20 > ****************************** > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Feb 27 21:25:23 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1S2PN330311 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:25:23 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-r07.mx.aol.com (imo-r07.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.103]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1S2PNJ30303 for ; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:25:23 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from Alterian@aol.com) Received: from Alterian@aol.com by imo-r07.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v32.5.) id i.c8.230c9512 (4013) for ; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:25:07 -0500 (EST) From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:25:07 EST Subject: TMBG: Re:holy crap To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 7.0 for Windows US sub 121 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Alterian@aol.com umm..yeah... we've been saying that for bit now... ^_^* ~^v^~Amber the Transcendent~^v^~ From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Feb 27 22:08:33 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1S38XS32819 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:08:33 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (law2-f54.hotmail.com [216.32.181.54]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1S38WJ32804 for ; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:08:32 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from batmanusdmychina@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:08:27 -0800 Received: from 207.224.205.85 by lw2fd.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Thu, 28 Feb 2002 03:08:26 GMT X-Originating-IP: [207.224.205.85] From: "Jennifer Russell-Fenus" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg grammy reaction link Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:08:26 -0700 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 28 Feb 2002 03:08:27.0138 (UTC) FILETIME=[30EE5620:01C1C005] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Jennifer Russell-Fenus" VH-1 doesn't ever show The Grammys (or any music awards show for that matter) live-I think it is scheduled to be on at 9 or 10pm, after it has already been on live on CBS. They were showing some Grammy preview show at 7 pm MST (but they did show the U2 concert from Boston before that, which was cool, & I like U2, but what is the deal with them being nominated for 8 Grammys-they didn't have any new material last year-All That You Can't Leave Behind came out in Oct. 2000. Do the Grammys work on some sort of Fiscal Award system or something?) Jen >From: Josh Axelrad >Reply-To: Josh Axelrad >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: tmbg grammy reaction link >Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:11:18 -0500 (EST) > >http://grammy.aol.com/features/reactions.html > >so whats the deal with vh-1 coverage (as flans mentioned in his email)? > >-- >Jish >TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page >http://www.tmbg.net/ > >"The notion of you remembers who the real you used to be, and the legend >of you wouldn't ever do the things you've done to me." -- Sean Altman > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Feb 27 23:54:39 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1S4sdi37172 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:54:39 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from web14909.mail.yahoo.com (web14909.mail.yahoo.com [216.136.225.61]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id g1S4scJ37161 for ; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:54:38 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from silversprings33@yahoo.com) Message-ID: <20020228045438.48463.qmail@web14909.mail.yahoo.com> Received: from [208.11.82.106] by web14909.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:54:38 PST Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:54:38 -0800 (PST) From: "Providenza N. Loera" Subject: TMBG: age To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Providenza N. Loera" First, YAY Grammy! Secondly, I am 20- My friend got me listening to TMBG while I was in high school, about junior year or so- and he has been a fan since the early teens or younger. The concert in Pittsbugh was filled with people from a variety of age groups- from teens to adults because talent like that is both ageless and timeless...Rock on TMBG and show them all how it is done:) ===== (i do not know what it is about you that closes and opens; only something in me understands the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses) nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands --e.e. cummings, from "somwhere i have never travelled" __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Greetings - Send FREE e-cards for every occasion! http://greetings.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Feb 28 00:41:57 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1S5fvS38792 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 28 Feb 2002 00:41:57 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-m09.mx.aol.com (imo-m09.mx.aol.com [64.12.136.164]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1S5fvJ38784 for ; Thu, 28 Feb 2002 00:41:57 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from FreeMiniPops@aol.com) Received: from FreeMiniPops@aol.com by imo-m09.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v32.5.) id i.103.11613cbd (4215) for ; Thu, 28 Feb 2002 00:41:44 -0500 (EST) From: FreeMiniPops@aol.com Message-ID: <103.11613cbd.29af1d18@aol.com> Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 00:41:44 EST Subject: TMBG: as you already know... To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_103.11613cbd.29af1d18_boundary" X-Mailer: AOL 6.0 for Windows US sub 10556 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: FreeMiniPops@aol.com --part1_103.11613cbd.29af1d18_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ... THEY WON!!! Wow! This is a great day for music. I'm glad so TMBG won the grammy. They deserve it more than alot of the artists who have won over the years. They didn't air it on the show, but they showed a picture of them excepting the award and said their names right before going to commercial. It was so exciting! And they looked so spiffy in their nice suits :) I just wish I could've heard their exceptance speech (that is, if they even let them speak). - - - A L E X --part1_103.11613cbd.29af1d18_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ... THEY WON!!!

Wow! This is a great day for music. I'm glad so TMBG won the grammy. They deserve it more than alot of the artists who have won over the years.

They didn't air it on the show, but they showed a picture of them excepting the award and said their names right before going to commercial. It was so exciting! And they looked so spiffy in their nice suits :)

I just wish I could've heard their exceptance speech (that is, if they even let them speak).

- - - A L E X --part1_103.11613cbd.29af1d18_boundary-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Feb 28 00:51:17 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1S5pHI39171 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 28 Feb 2002 00:51:17 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (oe29.pav1.hotmail.com [64.4.30.86]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1S5pGJ39163 for ; Thu, 28 Feb 2002 00:51:16 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from mrminiwheat60@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:51:10 -0800 X-Originating-IP: [12.228.196.30] From: "Erich Cannon" To: References: <103.11613cbd.29af1d18@aol.com> Subject: TMBG: GRAMMY! Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:55:21 -0800 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00CB_01C1BFD9.7386B120" X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000 Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 28 Feb 2002 05:51:10.0870 (UTC) FILETIME=[EC919B60:01C1C01B] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Erich Cannon" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00CB_01C1BFD9.7386B120 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MAN! i got so excited. at first i misread the category the Crouching = tiger won for and i got all sad and then BAM! theres John and John's = grinning faces winning a grammy! I was so happy for them. i jumped up = and down like freak while my roomates watched me and looked away shaking = their dumbass heads while i celbrated grabbed my boss of me single and = blasted for all to hear and celebrated with a couple Miller Higlifes!! seriously i wasnt just quoting one their songs.....we dont have = champagne in our house. Erich ----- Original Message -----=20 From: FreeMiniPops@aol.com=20 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org=20 Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 9:41 PM Subject: TMBG: as you already know... ... THEY WON!!!=20 Wow! This is a great day for music. I'm glad so TMBG won the grammy. = They deserve it more than alot of the artists who have won over the = years.=20 They didn't air it on the show, but they showed a picture of them = excepting the award and said their names right before going to = commercial. It was so exciting! And they looked so spiffy in their nice = suits :)=20 I just wish I could've heard their exceptance speech (that is, if they = even let them speak).=20 - - - A L E X=20 ------=_NextPart_000_00CB_01C1BFD9.7386B120 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
MAN! i got so excited. at first i = misread the=20 category the Crouching tiger won for and i got all sad and then BAM! = theres John=20 and John's grinning faces winning a grammy! I was so happy for them. i = jumped up=20 and down like freak while my roomates watched me and looked away shaking = their=20 dumbass heads while i celbrated grabbed my boss of me single and blasted = for all=20 to hear and celebrated with a couple Miller Higlifes!!

seriously i wasnt just quoting one = their=20 songs.....we dont have champagne in our house.

Erich
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, = 2002 9:41=20 PM
Subject: TMBG: as you already=20 know...

... THEY WON!!!

Wow! This is a great day = for music.=20 I'm glad so TMBG won the grammy. They deserve it more than alot of the = artists=20 who have won over the years.

They didn't air it on the show, = but they=20 showed a picture of them excepting the award and said their names = right before=20 going to commercial. It was so exciting! And they looked so spiffy in = their=20 nice suits :)

I just wish I could've heard their exceptance = speech=20 (that is, if they even let them speak).

- - -=20 A L = E=20
X
------=_NextPart_000_00CB_01C1BFD9.7386B120-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Thu Feb 28 01:08:17 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g1S68H539737 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Thu, 28 Feb 2002 01:08:17 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-r07.mx.aol.com (imo-r07.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.103]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g1S68HJ39729 for ; Thu, 28 Feb 2002 01:08:17 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from FreeMiniPops@aol.com) Received: from FreeMiniPops@aol.com by imo-r07.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v32.5.) id i.169.98ef4c0 (4215) for ; Thu, 28 Feb 2002 01:08:09 -0500 (EST) From: FreeMiniPops@aol.com Message-ID: <169.98ef4c0.29af2349@aol.com> Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 01:08:09 EST Subject: TMBG: check it out... To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_169.98ef4c0.29af2349_boundary" X-Mailer: AOL 6.0 for Windows US sub 10556 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: FreeMiniPops@aol.com --part1_169.98ef4c0.29af2349_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit See what the Johns themselves have to say about their Grammy win! Head on over to www.truemeaningoflife.com and view the post titled "Neato." - - - A L E X --part1_169.98ef4c0.29af2349_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit See what the Johns themselves have to say about their Grammy win!

Head on over to www.truemeaningoflife.com and view the post titled "Neato."

- - - A L E X --part1_169.98ef4c0.29af2349_boundary-- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #50-21 ******************************