Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #50-7 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 50, Number 7 Thursday, 7 February 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: j files TMBG: Re: Re: tmbg-list Digest #50-5 Re: TMBG: j files TMBG: TMBG : Tiziggity-tour dates Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "*SUPER SPANGER*" Subject: TMBG: j files Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 22:49:08 +1100 Message-ID: hey, I know I'm being super lazy but could some one give me a list of cool b sides but the giants so i can request them for the "B sides" J files. Thanks. Lyndy... "Don't cry because it's over... Smile because it happened" _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx ------------------------------ Message-ID: <007001c1af0b$b4fc01c0$fb97e23f@oemcomputer> From: "James and Kimberly Mohan" Subject: TMBG: Re: Re: tmbg-list Digest #50-5 Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 06:42:14 -0600 So when I stubbed my toe last month, that was TDK? WHY I AUGHTA....! And then my library books were overdue... TDK, why? What did I ever do to you?!!! And I'll bet it was you that made my records skip and messed with my alarm clock! >=( Just confess right now, TDK. We know. ..oh yes, we know... 'WttJ' Jim Mohan TMBG Amb to MN Shoehorn with Teeth ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 8:26 AM Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #50-5 > Hello 41- > > < included some unreleased studio material. TDK blew the whistle to TMBG's > management, and eventually a representative of the band contacted Adam Varn > (the twistid admin).>> > > When in doubt, blame TDK. > > ~Adam > ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: j files Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 19:03:46 +0000 Message-ID: Lyndy: >hey, I know I'm being super lazy but could some one give me a list of cool >b >sides but the giants so i can request them for the "B sides" J files. You mean cool TMBG B-sides? Well, what counts as "cool" is a matter of opinion, so I'm just going to list all the B-sides I know of that weren't also A-sides. All of these were available on Miscellaneous T and Then: We're The Replacements When It Rains It Snows The Famous Polka For Science The Biggest One Mr. Klaw Kiss Me, Son Of God (alternate version) that "who's There May Be Giants?" lady Hello Radio It's Not My Birthday I'll Sink Manhattan Nightgown Of The Sullen Moon The World's Address (Joshua Fried Remix) Hey, Mr. DJ, I Thought You Said We Had A Deal (also a single A-side) Lady Is A Tramp Birds Fly These are currently NOT on any B-side compilations: Stormy Pinkness Ant James K. Polk (original version) Welcome To The Jungle I Blame You Moving To The Sun Siftin' Cabbagetown I'm Def (also on Then and the 1985 Demo Tape) Which Describes How You're Feeling demo (also on Then and the 1985 Demo Tape) Why Does The Sun Shine? (actually the A-side, but not on an album) Jessica Whirlpool Spy (original version) Ondine She Was A Hotel Detective Mrs. Train SenSurround Unforgotten We've Got A World That Swings Rest Awhile (actually the first track on an EP, but I guess it counts as a B-side) On The Drag Empty Bottle Collector I Am A Human Head Radio They Might Be Giants Theme (1-3) Mr. Xcitement (radio mix) Your Mom's Alright And the remixes (not counting the aforementioned World's Address): Istanbul (Bedford-Stuyvesant Mix) Istanbul (Park Slope Mix) Istanbul (Brownsville Mix) Your Racist Friend (Sampla-Delica Remix) The Guitar (Williamsburg Mix) The Guitar (Outer Planet Mix) The Guitar (Even Further Outer Planet Mix) Larger Than Life Snail Dust Sleeping In The Flowers (radio mix) S-E-X-X-Y (radio edit) (technically an A-side) S-E-X-X-Y (Warren Rigg Microwave Mix) S-E-X-X-Y (Tee's Freeze Mix) I'm sure other people will have a field day pointing out what I left out and which "remixes" are actually the album track under a different name. I hope that was what you wanted. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20020206233410.0175cd30@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 23:39:34 -0500 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: TMBG: TMBG : Tiziggity-tour dates A little birdie that goes by the name of Mike Leffel let me know that there are tour dates for some upcoming shows on tmbg.com. In case someone out there can't quite handle the Flashyness of tmbg.com right now, here they are in all of their text-only glory. Date: City: Venue: 3/13/02 Austin, TX La Zona 3/15/02 Dallas, TX Gypsy Tea Room 3/16/02 Tulsa, OK Saeger Center 3/17/02 Kansas City, MO Beaumont 3/20/02 St Louis, MO The Pageant 3/23/02 Tampa, FL University of S. Florida 3/24/02 Orlando, FL Hard Rock Live 3/30/02 Atlanta, GA Roxy Not much, and not in my neighborhood, but it's a start. Dylan "Now a productive member of society" Flipse Dylan Flipse - dylan@flipse.com - www.flipse.com "Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of" - They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #50-7 *****************************