Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #51-1 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 51, Number 1 Friday, 1 March 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: Grammy Interview TMBG: TMBG Grammy photos Re:TMBG: Grammy Interview Re: TMBG: GRAMMY! Re:TMBG: Grammy Interview TMBG: grammys and ages Semi-TMBG: The Goatman Re: Semi-TMBG: The Goatman Re: Semi-TMBG: The Goatman TMBG: E-music Congrats TMBG: E-music Congrats?? RE: TMBG: grammys and ages TMBG: grammys Re: TMBG: grammys Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-id: Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:05:18 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Grammy Interview From: "Shane Gasteyer" The following is from Grammy.com (where, I might add, they have pictures of TMBG winning the award!!! PICTURES! so go to the site and get them... or ask me to email them to you) Oh, and they spelled Linnell's name wrong!!! What the hell!?!? figures..... well at least They won! ---------------------------- Giants Party John Flansburgh and John Linnel, collectively known as They Might Be Giants, enjoyed a giant moment at the GRAMMYs today, picking up an award (Best Song Written For A Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media) for "Boss Of Me," their theme song to TV's "Malcolm In The Middle." When asked whether the pair had grown "sick" of hearing the song so much, they responded with their trademark quirky humor. "Of course not! What kind of crazy question is that? Where's Security?" bellowed Flansburgh. "We're sick of many of our songs," added Linnel, "and sick of ourselves, but we still like this one." The band has a Giants album, an album for children, and a new theme song for "America's Most Wanted" in the near future, but Flansburgh clearly spelled out his immediate post-GRAMMY plans. "I'm going to party my face off." (2/27/02) -------------------------- peace out ~shane sgasteyer02@nmhschool.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <028401c1c05f$72f13100$881410ac@visualnetworks.com> From: "Bryce" Subject: TMBG: TMBG Grammy photos Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:54:31 -0500 http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020227/mdf142010.jpg http://grammy.aol.com/photos/press2/images/03.jpg From rehearsal: http://grammy.aol.com/photos/tuesday2/images/11.jpg Anybody find any others? Bryce Look through the peephole, you've won. ------------------------------ Subject: Re:TMBG: Grammy Interview Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:47:00 -0500 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Hey, somebody call the boringly ubiquitous overused cliche police, there's that damn q-word again.... >their trademark quirky humor But, like the man said, at least they won! TMBG & bluegrass, there may be hope for civilization yet... Karin H **FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: Grammy Interview Author: "Shane Gasteyer" Date: 02/28/02 8:05 AM The following is from Grammy.com (where, I might add, they have pictures of TMBG winning the award!!! PICTURES! so go to the site and get them... or ask me to email them to you) Oh, and they spelled Linnell's name wrong!!! What the hell!?!? figures..... well at least They won! ---------------------------- Giants Party John Flansburgh and John Linnel, collectively known as They Might Be Giants, enjoyed a giant moment at the GRAMMYs today, picking up an award (Best Song Written For A Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media) for "Boss Of Me," their theme song to TV's "Malcolm In The Middle." When asked whether the pair had grown "sick" of hearing the song so much, they responded with their trademark quirky humor. "Of course not! What kind of crazy question is that? Where's Security?" bellowed Flansburgh. "We're sick of many of our songs," added Linnel, "and sick of ourselves, but we still like this one." The band has a Giants album, an album for children, and a new theme song for "America's Most Wanted" in the near future, but Flansburgh clearly spelled out his immediate post-GRAMMY plans. "I'm going to party my face off." (2/27/02) -------------------------- peace out ~shane sgasteyer02@nmhschool.org ------------------------------ From: "Todd Wetherbee" Subject: Re: TMBG: GRAMMY! Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:02:47 Message-ID: >From: "Erich Cannon" >Reply-To: "Erich Cannon" >To: >Subject: TMBG: GRAMMY! >Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:55:21 -0800 > >MAN! i got so excited. at first i misread the category the Crouching tiger >won for and i got all sad and then BAM! theres John and John's grinning >faces winning a grammy! I was so happy for them. i jumped up and down like >freak while my roomates watched me and looked away shaking their dumbass >heads while i celbrated grabbed my boss of me single and blasted for all to >hear and celebrated with a couple Miller Higlifes!! > >seriously i wasnt just quoting one their songs.....we dont have champagne >in our house. > >Erich Well, High Life IS the champagne of beers... ;) _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:08:40 EST From: Furfr@aol.com Subject: Re:TMBG: Grammy Interview Message-ID: <6a.1bedd985.29afa1f8@aol.com> I just assumed that was our clue that we haven't suddenly been thrown into an alternate universe. That and the fact that their names will never, ever both be spelled correctly in one article. >>Hey, somebody call the boringly ubiquitous overused cliche police, there's that damn q-word again.... ------------------------------ From: "Melissa Cowan" Subject: TMBG: grammys and ages Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:29:04 -0600 Message-ID: <000001c1c06c$a82543e0$1051f70c@attbi.com> I've been a fan for almost 10 years now and I'm 23. The first time I ever saw them live was when I was 15 and my parents took me. (Aren't they cool? They like Them and enjoyed the concert greatly.) Now I've seen Them 4 times and at the last show I went to I felt just about average age as all the fans. My friend's sister is a fan and shes 12 so that shows the wide range of ages that They fans are. On to the Grammys... yay! They won! That's cool. Someone good actually won the grammys. Usually it's only middle-of-the-road pop stuff that you hear about. (There are a few exceptions i.e. Dylan and U2.) But, does anyone besides me feel a bit odd about the fact that now we are all fans of a Grammy-award winning artist? Does this mean that those stickers that promote that fact are going to be plastered on their albums now? Well, ta ta for now. Melissa ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Semi-TMBG: The Goatman Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:14:29 -0800 Message-ID: I seem to remember someone asking about this Hello disc. well whoever you are its up on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1520072406 Erich ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: Semi-TMBG: The Goatman Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 01:41:25 +0000 Message-ID: Erich: >I seem to remember someone asking about this Hello disc. The Goatmen? Are they related to Goat Boy? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:06:37 EST Subject: Re: Semi-TMBG: The Goatman >The Goatmen? Are they related to Goat Boy? AHHHHRAHAHAHAHHHH!! ::clutches head in pain:: stop! stop! ~^v^~Amber the Transcendent~^v^~ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:37:55 -0600 Subject: TMBG: E-music Congrats Message-ID: <20020228.213759.-922681.0.TOMACQUISTO@juno.com> From: Nicholas A ACQUISTO ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:44:40 -0600 Subject: TMBG: E-music Congrats?? Message-ID: <20020228.214441.-922681.1.TOMACQUISTO@juno.com> From: Nicholas A ACQUISTO Did anyone else notice that E-music gave Grammy congrats on their website to Sonny Rollins and George Carlin, but not to TMBG who were partially responsible for e-music's subscribers and success as well as being one of their top selling artists. That's wrong. nick ------------------------------ From: "Amy :\)" Subject: RE: TMBG: grammys and ages Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:00:39 -0500 Message-ID: <000001c1c0d5$b10d7220$6401a8c0@columbus.rr.com> Um, hate to state the obvious, but for the past, say, 10 years or so, U2 has been the yellow line in the center of the road of music. Besides, we're overlooking an important thing here: TMBG is doing a new theme for America's Most Wanted?? Amy :) -----Original Message----- From: Melissa Cowan Subject: TMBG: grammys and ages ...Someone good actually won the grammys. Usually it's only middle-of-the-road pop stuff that you hear about. (There are a few exceptions i.e. Dylan and U2.)... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000801c1c0d9$f3466e40$a549d90c@mchsi.com> From: "Jackie York" Subject: TMBG: grammys Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:31:26 -0600 Does anyone know what the medal was that Flansburgh was wearing at the Grammys? Jackie [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 00:48:03 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: grammys In a message dated 2/28/02 11:33:39 PM, itsfuntosteal@mchsi.com writes: >Does anyone know what the medal was that Flansburgh was wearing at the >Grammys? he won a gold medal at the olympics for Totally Rocking Out sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://glimmer.org/sarah/ 'awesomeness is awesome' - C ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #51-1 *****************************