Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #51-5 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 51, Number 5 Tuesday, 5 March 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: UK Mink Car Re: TMBG: Grammys on UK TV RE: TMBG: Grammys on UK TV RE: TMBG: Grammys on UK TV Re: TMBG: Grammys on UK TV TMBG: Indianapolis show Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 18:46:39 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: UK Mink Car EBay have the UK version og Mink Car up for sale at http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1521606543 There are about 8 days to go so I've no idea where it will end up but I thought I would mention it! Richard ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 18:52:15 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Grammys on UK TV These were shown very late on UK TV and I have to admit I went to bed but not before seeing Bob Dylan. Now I know that for many he is the greatest living poet and a major icon and criticism is normally not tolerated (including in my household) but can someone please explain his performance. Was I so tired I missed something! Or was he and most of the band on a different planet! Richard ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: Grammys on UK TV Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:05:00 -0500 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" I know exactly what you mean - I was hoping at first that he was spoofing himself, but no such luck... It's funny with Dylan - - - He's attained godhood, so folks just worship him, no matter what. For example: Every time he suddenly switches tracks without warning, he is initially castigated and the new direction denounced as being total crap. Then somehow, by the time he switches tracks again his previous switch has mysteriously become a blindingly insightful move of utter genius, and people are livid that he would abandon such a brilliant direction in favor of such total crap... I've never known which was true. I think he has occasional (okay, frequent) flashes of genius and a lot of mundane dreck, and his mystique blinds people to the stuff that really isn't very good. Performing at the Grammys, lame as the performance was, he was the living embodiment of all things Dylan, and they would have cheered him ecstatically if he had been singing the theme to "Barney". Course, considering his level of unintelligibility that night, he might have been..... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: Grammys on UK TV Author: "Richard Hilton" Date: 03/04/02 1:52 PM These were shown very late on UK TV and I have to admit I went to bed but not before seeing Bob Dylan. Now I know that for many he is the greatest living poet and a major icon and criticism is normally not tolerated (including in my household) but can someone please explain his performance. Was I so tired I missed something! Or was he and most of the band on a different planet! Richard ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Subject: Re:RE: TMBG: Grammys on UK TV Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:20:00 -0500 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Is it my email, or is everyone getting emails that are all chopped up with every other line having only one ore two words on it?? It's getting annoying. KH ** yadda yadda yadda** ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <133.a5d1615.29b585f7@aol.com> Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 21:22:47 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Grammys on UK TV In a message dated 3/4/02 3:20:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, KarinH@sterl.com writes: > Is it my email, or is everyone getting emails that are all chopped up with > every > other line having only one ore two words on it?? It's getting annoying. > KH > ** yadda yadda yadda** Yes. DRW [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #51-5 *****************************