Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #52-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 52, Number 11 Friday, 12 April 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: Two Experimental shows-NYC Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <412148.YJQNTUOA@echonyc.com> Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 01:48:45 -0400 From: Joshua Fried Subject: TMBG: Two Experimental shows-NYC Folks, two NYC concerts are coming up: -1- -1- -1- -1- -1- -1- -1- -1- -1- -1- -1- -1- -1- -1- 1) Another last minute show-- Solo performance this Saturday, April 13 to benefit a fascinating issue and worthy cause--the continuance of free speech and public space on the internet. What Paul Garrin has to say is important, I think. I will be sampling and perverting live commercial FM radio using PowerBook, knobs, drumsticks, and shoes. In other words, the usual RADIO WONDERLAND--and still in-progress! In its current state, the piece is a lot of fun for all, but in coming months I plan to add a steering wheel and MUCH more extensive processing so I can do long highly developed musical sets--constructed from processed live radio and nothing else. Stay tuned. As it were. * --------------------------------- 7pm-2am Saturday 13 April 2002 My Show--RADIO WONDERLAND--at 8m Name.Space Lab 11 E. 4th Street, 2nd Floor between Broadway & Lafayette New York City Admission: $8 to $18 Free for new members RSVP events@freethemedia.org Proceeds benefit FREE.THE.MEDIA! and WBIX, a 501(c)3 community media organization for more information: http://freethemedia.org/events/ * --------------------------------- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- -2- 2) I'm pleased to announce the line-up for the May 9th performances of HEADSET SEXTET & TRAVELOGUE TRAVELOGUE--Thomas Buckner HEADSET SEXTET--Eve Beglarian, Daphne Gaines, Gretchen Krich, Dafna Naphtali, Jan-Peter Pedross, Steven Rattazzi These are some of the best performers working in downtown new music and theater. The music will throb as they attempt to imitate over-the-top voices *they have never heard before*. The result is a bizarre musical proto-language controlled from the master tape by which music, voice, gesture are all highly coordinated. For those who couldn't make the Saturday night HEADFONE FOLLIES last Spring at HERE Arts Center, May 9 will be a chance to experience what you missed. Over the course of our 16 shows, I was able to make final adjustments on both pieces. HEADSET SEXTET and TRAVELOGUE have never sounded better. Of course, we can't know *exactly* how they will sound, as no one, not I, nor the performers, know exactly how they will react. ----------------------------- One night only! 8pm Thursday 9 May 2002 World Music Institute Interpretations at Merkin Hall (also on the bill: J.B. Floyd) * ------------------------------- Merkin Concert Hall 129 West 67th Street (between Broadway and Amsterdam) New York City Tickets: $10 / $7TDF/V Box Office: 212-501-3330 Concert Info: 212-627-0990 http://www.interpretations.info * -------------------------------- I wanted you to know. Thanks for reading. Peace, Joshua Fried http://composer.home.acedsl.com = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list. Don't want to be? Just reply with a blank message and it will be taken care of, with sincere apologies. Want to know more? See http://composer.home.acedsl.com = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #52-11 ******************************