Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #52-22 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 52, Number 22 Tuesday, 30 April 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET RE: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET TMBG: My Brand-Spaking New Interview With Flans! TMBG: Death and TMBG(was Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET) Re: TMBG: Death and TMBG TMBG: Re: Death and TMBG(was Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET) TMBG: Need a date? ..... Try JustDate.com udbt RE: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET RE: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET TMBG: Unnh, where list go? Re: TMBG: Unnh, where list go? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <4291051.WRIRLRKG@echo.net> Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:51:22 -0400 From: Joshua Fried Subject: TMBG: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Joshua Fried here, again. I'm pleased to announce the (revised!) line-up for next week's performances of HEADSET SEXTET & TRAVELOGUE, at Merkin Hall, which has some of the best acoustics in NYC. TRAVELOGUE--Thomas Buckner HEADSET SEXTET--Eve Beglarian, Thomas Buckner, Daphne Gaines Gretchen Krich, Dafna Naphtali, Jan-Peter Pedross These are some of the finest performers working in downtown new music and theater. The music will throb as they attempt to imitate over-the-top voices *they have never heard before*. The result is a bizarre musical proto-language controlled from the master tape by which music, voice, gesture are all highly coordinated. For those who couldn't make the Saturday night HEADFONE FOLLIES last Spring at HERE Arts Center, May 9 will be a chance to experience what you missed. Over the course of our 16 shows, I was able to make final adjustments on both pieces. Of course, we can't know *exactly* how they will sound, as no one, not I, nor the performers, knows exactly how they will react. And yet, we do know for sure that it will work out all right. In the concert. If only... ----------------------------- 8pm Thursday 9 May 2002 World Music Institute Interpretations at Merkin Hall (also on the bill: J.B. Floyd) * ------------------------------- Merkin Concert Hall 129 West 67th Street (between Broadway and Amsterdam) New York City Tickets: $10 / $7TDF/V Box Office: 212-501-3330 Concert Info: 212-627-0990 http://www.interpretations.info * -------------------------------- I wanted you to know. Thanks for reading. Peace, Joshua Fried http://composer.home.acedsl.com = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list. Don't want to be? Just reply with a blank message and it will be taken care of, with sincere apologies. Want to know more? See http://composer.home.acedsl.com = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ------------------------------ From: "Dan Geiser" Subject: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:56:20 -0400 Message-ID: Can someone tell me why this is being sent to the They Might Be Giants discussion list? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joshua Fried" To: "noname tmbg" Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 10:51 AM Subject: TMBG: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET > Joshua Fried here, again. > > I'm pleased to announce the (revised!) line-up for next week's > performances of HEADSET SEXTET & TRAVELOGUE, at Merkin Hall, > which has some of the best acoustics in NYC. > > TRAVELOGUE--Thomas Buckner > > HEADSET SEXTET--Eve Beglarian, Thomas Buckner, Daphne Gaines > Gretchen Krich, Dafna Naphtali, Jan-Peter Pedross > > These are some of the finest performers working in downtown new music > and theater. The music will throb as they attempt to imitate > over-the-top voices *they have never heard before*. The result is a > bizarre musical proto-language controlled from the master tape by > which music, voice, gesture are all highly coordinated. > > For those who couldn't make the Saturday night HEADFONE FOLLIES last > Spring at HERE Arts Center, May 9 will be a chance to experience > what you missed. Over the course of our 16 shows, I was able to make > final adjustments on both pieces. > > Of course, we can't know *exactly* how they will sound, as no one, > not I, nor the performers, knows exactly how they will react. And yet, > we do know for sure that it will work out all right. > > In the concert. > > If only... > > ----------------------------- > 8pm Thursday 9 May 2002 > > World Music Institute > Interpretations at Merkin Hall > (also on the bill: J.B. Floyd) > ------------------------------- > Merkin Concert Hall > 129 West 67th Street > (between Broadway and Amsterdam) > New York City > Tickets: $10 / $7TDF/V > Box Office: 212-501-3330 > Concert Info: 212-627-0990 > http://www.interpretations.info > -------------------------------- > > I wanted you to know. Thanks for reading. > > Peace, > > Joshua Fried > http://composer.home.acedsl.com > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list. Don't want to be? > Just reply with a blank message and it will be taken care of, with > sincere apologies. > > Want to know more? See > > http://composer.home.acedsl.com > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3CCD603C.2A3CE590@tmbg.org> Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:01:16 -0500 From: Mitch Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Well, Joshua Fried and TMBG have had a longstanding association. Maybe he feels these is a show that TMBG fans would like to check out... Dan Geiser wrote: > > Can someone tell me why this is being sent to the They Might Be Giants > discussion list? > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Joshua Fried" > To: "noname tmbg" > Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 10:51 AM > Subject: TMBG: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET > > > Joshua Fried here, again. > > > > I'm pleased to announce the (revised!) line-up for next week's > > performances of HEADSET SEXTET & TRAVELOGUE, at Merkin Hall, > > which has some of the best acoustics in NYC. > > > > TRAVELOGUE--Thomas Buckner > > > > HEADSET SEXTET--Eve Beglarian, Thomas Buckner, Daphne Gaines > > Gretchen Krich, Dafna Naphtali, Jan-Peter Pedross > > > > These are some of the finest performers working in downtown new music > > and theater. The music will throb as they attempt to imitate > > over-the-top voices *they have never heard before*. The result is a > > bizarre musical proto-language controlled from the master tape by > > which music, voice, gesture are all highly coordinated. > > > > For those who couldn't make the Saturday night HEADFONE FOLLIES last > > Spring at HERE Arts Center, May 9 will be a chance to experience > > what you missed. Over the course of our 16 shows, I was able to make > > final adjustments on both pieces. > > > > Of course, we can't know *exactly* how they will sound, as no one, > > not I, nor the performers, knows exactly how they will react. And yet, > > we do know for sure that it will work out all right. > > > > In the concert. > > > > If only... > > > > ----------------------------- > > 8pm Thursday 9 May 2002 > > > > World Music Institute > > Interpretations at Merkin Hall > > (also on the bill: J.B. Floyd) > > ------------------------------- > > Merkin Concert Hall > > 129 West 67th Street > > (between Broadway and Amsterdam) > > New York City > > Tickets: $10 / $7TDF/V > > Box Office: 212-501-3330 > > Concert Info: 212-627-0990 > > http://www.interpretations.info > > -------------------------------- > > > > I wanted you to know. Thanks for reading. > > > > Peace, > > > > Joshua Fried > > http://composer.home.acedsl.com > > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list. Don't want to be? > > Just reply with a blank message and it will be taken care of, with > > sincere apologies. > > > > Want to know more? See > > > > http://composer.home.acedsl.com > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > -- Mitch www.mitcharf.com "Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance." - Autolycus (in Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale") ------------------------------ From: "Dan Geiser" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:14:39 -0400 Message-ID: Perhaps he could create a separate mailing list that sends out these announcements and then invite everyone from the TMBG list who is interested in receiving these announcements to go join the other list. Then those who are interested in these announcements can receive them and those who aren't don't. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Harding" To: Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 11:01 AM Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET > Well, Joshua Fried and TMBG have had a longstanding association. Maybe > he feels these is a show that TMBG fans would like to check out... > > Dan Geiser wrote: > > > > Can someone tell me why this is being sent to the They Might Be Giants > > discussion list? > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Joshua Fried" > > To: "noname tmbg" > > Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 10:51 AM > > Subject: TMBG: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET > > > > > Joshua Fried here, again. > > > > > > I'm pleased to announce the (revised!) line-up for next week's > > > performances of HEADSET SEXTET & TRAVELOGUE, at Merkin Hall, > > > which has some of the best acoustics in NYC. > > > > > > TRAVELOGUE--Thomas Buckner > > > > > > HEADSET SEXTET--Eve Beglarian, Thomas Buckner, Daphne Gaines > > > Gretchen Krich, Dafna Naphtali, Jan-Peter Pedross > > > > > > These are some of the finest performers working in downtown new music > > > and theater. The music will throb as they attempt to imitate > > > over-the-top voices *they have never heard before*. The result is a > > > bizarre musical proto-language controlled from the master tape by > > > which music, voice, gesture are all highly coordinated. > > > > > > For those who couldn't make the Saturday night HEADFONE FOLLIES last > > > Spring at HERE Arts Center, May 9 will be a chance to experience > > > what you missed. Over the course of our 16 shows, I was able to make > > > final adjustments on both pieces. > > > > > > Of course, we can't know *exactly* how they will sound, as no one, > > > not I, nor the performers, knows exactly how they will react. And yet, > > > we do know for sure that it will work out all right. > > > > > > In the concert. > > > > > > If only... > > > > > > ----------------------------- > > > 8pm Thursday 9 May 2002 > > > > > > World Music Institute > > > Interpretations at Merkin Hall > > > (also on the bill: J.B. Floyd) > > > ------------------------------- > > > Merkin Concert Hall > > > 129 West 67th Street > > > (between Broadway and Amsterdam) > > > New York City > > > Tickets: $10 / $7TDF/V > > > Box Office: 212-501-3330 > > > Concert Info: 212-627-0990 > > > http://www.interpretations.info > > > -------------------------------- > > > > > > I wanted you to know. Thanks for reading. > > > > > > Peace, > > > > > > Joshua Fried > > > http://composer.home.acedsl.com > > > > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > > Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list. Don't want to be? > > > Just reply with a blank message and it will be taken care of, with > > > sincere apologies. > > > > > > Want to know more? See > > > > > > http://composer.home.acedsl.com > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > > > > -- > Mitch > www.mitcharf.com > > "Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance." > - Autolycus (in Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale") > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3CCD66D7.BBF7904B@tmbg.org> Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:29:27 -0500 From: Mitch Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET In the years I've been on this list, I've seen all manner of off-topic posts, so I'm not understanding why this particular one has raised your ire. Dan Geiser wrote: > > Perhaps he could create a separate mailing list that sends out these > announcements and then invite everyone from the TMBG list who is interested > in receiving these announcements to go join the other list. Then those who > are interested in these announcements can receive them and those who aren't > don't. > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Mitch Harding" > To: > Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 11:01 AM > Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET > > > Well, Joshua Fried and TMBG have had a longstanding association. Maybe > > he feels these is a show that TMBG fans would like to check out... > > > > Dan Geiser wrote: > > > > > > Can someone tell me why this is being sent to the They Might Be Giants > > > discussion list? > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > > From: "Joshua Fried" > > > To: "noname tmbg" > > > Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 10:51 AM > > > Subject: TMBG: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET > > > > > > > Joshua Fried here, again. > > > > > > > > I'm pleased to announce the (revised!) line-up for next week's > > > > performances of HEADSET SEXTET & TRAVELOGUE, at Merkin Hall, > > > > which has some of the best acoustics in NYC. > > > > > > > > TRAVELOGUE--Thomas Buckner > > > > > > > > HEADSET SEXTET--Eve Beglarian, Thomas Buckner, Daphne Gaines > > > > Gretchen Krich, Dafna Naphtali, Jan-Peter Pedross > > > > > > > > These are some of the finest performers working in downtown new music > > > > and theater. The music will throb as they attempt to imitate > > > > over-the-top voices *they have never heard before*. The result is a > > > > bizarre musical proto-language controlled from the master tape by > > > > which music, voice, gesture are all highly coordinated. > > > > > > > > For those who couldn't make the Saturday night HEADFONE FOLLIES last > > > > Spring at HERE Arts Center, May 9 will be a chance to experience > > > > what you missed. Over the course of our 16 shows, I was able to make > > > > final adjustments on both pieces. > > > > > > > > Of course, we can't know *exactly* how they will sound, as no one, > > > > not I, nor the performers, knows exactly how they will react. And yet, > > > > we do know for sure that it will work out all right. > > > > > > > > In the concert. > > > > > > > > If only... > > > > > > > > ----------------------------- > > > > 8pm Thursday 9 May 2002 > > > > > > > > World Music Institute > > > > Interpretations at Merkin Hall > > > > (also on the bill: J.B. Floyd) > > > > ------------------------------- > > > > Merkin Concert Hall > > > > 129 West 67th Street > > > > (between Broadway and Amsterdam) > > > > New York City > > > > Tickets: $10 / $7TDF/V > > > > Box Office: 212-501-3330 > > > > Concert Info: 212-627-0990 > > > > http://www.interpretations.info > > > > -------------------------------- > > > > > > > > I wanted you to know. Thanks for reading. > > > > > > > > Peace, > > > > > > > > Joshua Fried > > > > http://composer.home.acedsl.com > > > > > > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > > > Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list. Don't want to be? > > > > Just reply with a blank message and it will be taken care of, with > > > > sincere apologies. > > > > > > > > Want to know more? See > > > > > > > > http://composer.home.acedsl.com > > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > > > > > > > -- > > Mitch > > www.mitcharf.com > > > > "Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance." > > - Autolycus (in Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale") > > -- Mitch www.mitcharf.com "Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance." - Autolycus (in Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale") ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:36:19 -0400 From: Furfr@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Message-ID: <4F8616E9.5EB6F456.0000F199@aol.com> I'm not sure that anyone on the list has ever been bothered by it enough to care either way. We don't get them that often. By the way, if anyone does get a chance to see this show, i'd recommend it. It's bizarre. In a message dated Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:16:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Dan Geiser" writes: >Perhaps he could create a separate mailing list that sends out these announcements and then invite everyone from the TMBG list who is interested in receiving these announcements to go join the other list. Then those who are interested in these announcements can receive them and those who aren't don't. ------------------------------ From: "Dan Geiser" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:48:28 -0400 Message-ID: Because unlike other off-topic posts I've seen in the past, the subset of TMBG-list subscribers who are interested in "HEADSET SEXTET" intersected with the subset of TMBG-list subscribers who can phsyically make it to a show at Merkin Hall in NYC (whether they live there or are visiting) interesected with the subset of TMBG-list subscribers who have a block of time on Thursday May 9th at 8pm free interesected with the subset of TMBG-list subscribers who have $10 available to see this show seems remotely small considered to the set of TMBG-list subscribers as a whole. And his signature says "Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list." and I'm not on Joshua Fried's mailing list! :-) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Harding" To: Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 11:29 AM Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET > In the years I've been on this list, I've seen all manner of off-topic > posts, so I'm not understanding why this particular one has raised your > ire. > > Dan Geiser wrote: > > > > Perhaps he could create a separate mailing list that sends out these > > announcements and then invite everyone from the TMBG list who is interested > > in receiving these announcements to go join the other list. Then those who > > are interested in these announcements can receive them and those who aren't > > don't. > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Mitch Harding" > > To: > > Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 11:01 AM > > Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET > > > > > Well, Joshua Fried and TMBG have had a longstanding association. Maybe > > > he feels these is a show that TMBG fans would like to check out... > > > > > > Dan Geiser wrote: > > > > > > > > Can someone tell me why this is being sent to the They Might Be Giants > > > > discussion list? > > > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > > > From: "Joshua Fried" > > > > To: "noname tmbg" > > > > Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 10:51 AM > > > > Subject: TMBG: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET > > > > > > > > > Joshua Fried here, again. > > > > > > > > > > I'm pleased to announce the (revised!) line-up for next week's > > > > > performances of HEADSET SEXTET & TRAVELOGUE, at Merkin Hall, > > > > > which has some of the best acoustics in NYC. > > > > > > > > > > TRAVELOGUE--Thomas Buckner > > > > > > > > > > HEADSET SEXTET--Eve Beglarian, Thomas Buckner, Daphne Gaines > > > > > Gretchen Krich, Dafna Naphtali, Jan-Peter Pedross > > > > > > > > > > These are some of the finest performers working in downtown new music > > > > > and theater. The music will throb as they attempt to imitate > > > > > over-the-top voices *they have never heard before*. The result is a > > > > > bizarre musical proto-language controlled from the master tape by > > > > > which music, voice, gesture are all highly coordinated. > > > > > > > > > > For those who couldn't make the Saturday night HEADFONE FOLLIES last > > > > > Spring at HERE Arts Center, May 9 will be a chance to experience > > > > > what you missed. Over the course of our 16 shows, I was able to make > > > > > final adjustments on both pieces. > > > > > > > > > > Of course, we can't know *exactly* how they will sound, as no one, > > > > > not I, nor the performers, knows exactly how they will react. And yet, > > > > > we do know for sure that it will work out all right. > > > > > > > > > > In the concert. > > > > > > > > > > If only... > > > > > > > > > > ----------------------------- > > > > > 8pm Thursday 9 May 2002 > > > > > > > > > > World Music Institute > > > > > Interpretations at Merkin Hall > > > > > (also on the bill: J.B. Floyd) > > > > > ------------------------------- > > > > > Merkin Concert Hall > > > > > 129 West 67th Street > > > > > (between Broadway and Amsterdam) > > > > > New York City > > > > > Tickets: $10 / $7TDF/V > > > > > Box Office: 212-501-3330 > > > > > Concert Info: 212-627-0990 > > > > > http://www.interpretations.info > > > > > -------------------------------- > > > > > > > > > > I wanted you to know. Thanks for reading. > > > > > > > > > > Peace, > > > > > > > > > > Joshua Fried > > > > > http://composer.home.acedsl.com > > > > > > > > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > > > > Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list. Don't want to be? > > > > > Just reply with a blank message and it will be taken care of, with > > > > > sincere apologies. > > > > > > > > > > Want to know more? See > > > > > > > > > > http://composer.home.acedsl.com > > > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > > > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > Mitch > > > www.mitcharf.com > > > > > > "Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance." > > > - Autolycus (in Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale") > > > > > -- > Mitch > www.mitcharf.com > > "Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance." > - Autolycus (in Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale") > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:03:01 -0400 From: Furfr@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Message-ID: <52C311F6.3F3786DF.0000F199@aol.com> Yeah, i see your point. It is probably true that we're all more interested in breast enhancement. ;)))) And if we're having trouble scraping up $10 to see a show, then it might be true we're more interested in the money-making scam posts! In a message dated Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:51:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Dan Geiser" writes: >Because unlike other off-topic posts I've seen in the past, the subset of TMBG-list subscribers who are interested in "HEADSET SEXTET" intersected with the subset of TMBG-list subscribers who can phsyically make it to a show at Merkin Hall in NYC (whether they live there or are visiting) interesected with the subset of TMBG-list subscribers who have a block of time on Thursday May 9th at 8pm free interesected with the subset of TMBG-list subscribers who have $10 available to see this show seems remotely small considered to the set of TMBG-list subscribers as a whole. > >And his signature says "Somehow, you're on Joshua Fried's mailing list." and I'm not on Joshua Fried's mailing list! :-) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Harding" To: Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 11:29 AM Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET >>In the years I've been on this list, I've seen all manner of off-topic posts, so I'm not understanding why this particular one has raised your ire. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:32:05 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET From: the hanged man Message-ID: Stop filling my mailbox with posts complaining about posts complaining about posts! Or I'll... complain about it. :) I'm just happy when some kind of interesting reading material material gets posted here. I don't care whether it's about a weird show I can't possibly make it to. on 4/29/02 12:03 PM, Furfr@aol.com wrote: > Yeah, i see your point. It is probably true that we're all more interested in > breast enhancement. ;)))) > > And if we're having trouble scraping up $10 to see a show, then it might be > true we're more interested in the money-making scam posts! > > In a message dated Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:51:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Dan > Geiser" writes: > >> Because unlike other off-topic posts I've seen in the past, the subset of >> TMBG-list subscribers who are interested in "HEADSET SEXTET" intersected with >> the subset of TMBG-list subscribers who can phsyically make it to a show at >> Merkin Hall in NYC (whether they live there or are visiting) interesected >> with the subset of TMBG-list subscribers who have a block of time on Thursday >> May 9th at 8pm free interesected with the subset of TMBG-list subscribers who >> have $10 available to see this show seems remotely small considered to the >> set of TMBG-list subscribers as a whole. -- Matt Brown (hangdman@cc.gatech.edu) cs1321 TA Ga Tech Undergrad Philosophy Society Chairman http://thm.askee.net Society of Physics Students Member -= "Every day is a good day" - Zen Proverb =- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:42:21 -0400 From: Furfr@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Message-ID: <5EB93062.29E782DB.0000F199@aol.com> hehehe. I'm just thrilled to see someone posting. It's been so lonely lately. In a message dated Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:31:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, the hanged man writes: >Stop filling my mailbox with posts complaining about posts complaining about posts! Or I'll... complain about it. :) > >I'm just happy when some kind of interesting reading material material gets posted here. I don't care whether it's about a weird show I can't possibly make it to. > >on 4/29/02 12:03 PM, Furfr@aol.com wrote: > >> Yeah, i see your point. It is probably true that we're all more interested in breast enhancement. ;)))) >> >> And if we're having trouble scraping up $10 to see a show, then it might be true we're more interested in the money-making scam posts! ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:22:59 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Furfr sez: > hehehe. I'm just thrilled to see someone posting. It's been > so lonely lately. I know the feeling. It's time to get something started. Unless everybody's in the mood for another "carnivores vs Napster" debate, I've got a topic for you... If you were given the death penalty, which TMBG song would you want to hear as your last song on earth, as you were lying there waiting for the IV to do its deadly work? Discuss Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <186.73d5fdf.29feee1e@aol.com> Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:42:38 EDT Subject: TMBG: My Brand-Spaking New Interview With Flans! Hey, everyone, I recently had the extreme pleasure of interviewing John Flansburgh for culturedose.com. It's the head story, so please check it out and let me know what you think! Kay ------------------------------ From: Fishandoranges@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:50:28 EDT Subject: TMBG: Death and TMBG(was Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET) In a message dated 4/29/02 2:26:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, karinh@sterl.com writes: > If you were given the death penalty, which TMBG song would you want to hear > as your last song on earth, as you were lying there waiting for the IV to > do its deadly work? Spiralling Shape. I have no clue why, but if I were about to die, and I knew it, I'd want to hear Spiralling Shape. It's not my favourite TMBG song at all, it really has nothing to do with death...but there it is. I was actually thinking about this a few months ago when on a plane. I was wondering if the plane I was on would crash, and I decided that, if it did, Spiralling Shape would be a good song to be listening to. jessie. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] Weird. I feel the same way about that song. But it is one of my favorites. I was thinking about something sort of along these lines the other day. One of my friends was choosing music to take into the delivery room with her, and i was wondering what music i could possibly want to be in labor to! Would it ruin the songs? Would i just be screaming for someone to turn it off? Meanwhile Jessie is thinking about good songs to crash to. Pretty sick. lol In a message dated Mon, 29 Apr 2002 3:54:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Fishandoranges@aol.com writes: >>Spiralling Shape. I have no clue why, but if I were about to die, and I knew it, I'd want to hear Spiralling Shape. It's not my favourite TMBG song at all, it really has nothing to do with death...but there it is. I was actually thinking about this a few months ago when on a plane. I was wondering if the plane I was on would crash, and I decided that, if it did, Spiralling Shape would be a good song to be listening to. > >jessie. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mon Apr 29 16:08:17 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g3TK8HK43982 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:08:17 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from stardock.com (dns.stardock.com [209.69.142.76]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g3TK8GJ43974 for ; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:08:16 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from ian@stardock.com) Received: from axis [209.69.142.77] by stardock.com [209.69.142.79] with SMTP (MDaemon.v3.5.7.R) for ; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:07:12 -0400 Message-ID: <002e01c1efb9$59fd1130$5401010a@corporate.stardock.com> From: "Ian Hanschen[Stardock]" To: References: Subject: TMBG: Re: Death and TMBG(was Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET) Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:06:29 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002B_01C1EF97.D2DC2EF0" X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000 X-MDRemoteIP: 209.69.142.77 X-Return-Path: ian@stardock.com X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Ian Hanschen[Stardock]" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C1EF97.D2DC2EF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Said this off list, but definately Whistling In The Dark. There's some = sort of "And now I'm waiting to die" feel to it for me. -Ian ----- Original Message -----=20 From: Fishandoranges@aol.com=20 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org=20 Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 3:50 PM Subject: TMBG: Death and TMBG(was Re: [experimental]Next = Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET) In a message dated 4/29/02 2:26:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, = karinh@sterl.com writes:=20 If you were given the death penalty, which TMBG song would you want = to hear as your last song on earth, as you were lying there waiting for = the IV to do its deadly work? Spiralling Shape. I have no clue why, but if I were about to die, and = I knew it, I'd want to hear Spiralling Shape. It's not my favourite TMBG = song at all, it really has nothing to do with death...but there it is. I = was actually thinking about this a few months ago when on a plane. I was = wondering if the plane I was on would crash, and I decided that, if it = did, Spiralling Shape would be a good song to be listening to.=20 jessie.=20 ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C1EF97.D2DC2EF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Said this off list, but definately = Whistling In The=20 Dark.  There's some sort of "And now I'm waiting to die" feel to it = for=20 me.
-Ian
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 = 3:50=20 PM
Subject: TMBG: Death and = TMBG(was Re:=20 [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET)

In a=20 message dated 4/29/02 2:26:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, karinh@sterl.com writes:=20

If you were given the death penalty, which TMBG song = would you=20 want to hear as your last song on earth, as you were lying there = waiting for=20 the IV to do its deadly work?

Spiralling Shape. I = have no clue=20 why, but if I were about to die, and I knew it, I'd want to hear = Spiralling=20 Shape. It's not my favourite TMBG song at all, it really has nothing = to do=20 with death...but there it is. I was actually thinking about this a few = months=20 ago when on a plane. I was wondering if the plane I was on would = crash, and I=20 decided that, if it did, Spiralling Shape would be a good song to be = listening=20 to.

jessie.
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C1EF97.D2DC2EF0-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mon Apr 29 17:31:31 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g3TLVVK46419 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:31:31 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from 211.251.195.130 ([211.251.195.130]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id g3TLVQJ46406 for ; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:31:28 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from xmdateg0n@special@msn.com) Message-Id: <200204292131.g3TLVQJ46406@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Received: from 82.60.152.190 ([82.60.152.190]) by smtp4.cyberec.com with QMQP; Apr, 29 2002 5:15:21 PM -0800 Received: from 192.249.166.5 ([192.249.166.5]) by rly-xw05.mx.aol.com with NNFMP; Apr, 29 2002 4:26:35 PM -0300 Received: from [177.34.196.8] by f64.law4.hotmail.com with NNFMP; Apr, 29 2002 3:22:27 PM -0800 From: edqDATE SPECIAL To: dateg0n@special@msn.com Cc: Subject: TMBG: Need a date? ..... Try JustDate.com udbt Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:31:03 -0400 X-Mailer: AOL 7.0 for Windows US sub 118 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: edqDATE SPECIAL Post your free ad JUSTDATE

Tired of the bar scenes? Wondering who is single?

You can Browse ads for free and post your own free ad.

Need a date?          Try JustDate.com

At JustDate.com we have very easy to use matching system.  We have the right match for you right now.  You can select the category of people that interest you, Select age groups, Select gender and so on with our easy to use matching system.

Try JustDate.com  Today

click Here

You received this email because you agreed to receive informtion about products and Services like this or you subscribded to similar mailing list.
To be removed from our list please click here to send email with the subject remove

fwipmtedtpdnqtxcooynnei From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mon Apr 29 17:41:45 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g3TLfjs46760 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:41:45 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from web11407.mail.yahoo.com (web11407.mail.yahoo.com [216.136.131.237]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id g3TLfjJ46752 for ; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:41:45 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from hypertext_eye@yahoo.com) Message-ID: <20020429214144.80294.qmail@web11407.mail.yahoo.com> Received: from [130.39.47.16] by web11407.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:41:44 PDT Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:41:44 -0700 (PDT) From: John David Crafton Subject: RE: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET To: Karin Highfield , Furfr@aol.com, tmbg-list@tmbg.org In-Reply-To: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: John David Crafton --- Karin Highfield wrote: > If you were given the death penalty, which TMBG song > would you want to hear as your last song on earth, > as you were lying there waiting for the IV to do its > deadly work? i can't believe no one has said this. The End of the Tour 'nuff said. -- John David Crafton __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness http://health.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mon Apr 29 18:39:31 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g3TMdVI48361 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:39:31 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-d07.mx.aol.com (imo-d07.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.39]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g3TMdUJ48353 for ; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:39:30 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from Alterian@aol.com) Received: from Alterian@aol.com by imo-d07.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v32.5.) id i.c8.262b326f (15899) for ; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:39:21 -0400 (EDT) Received: from netscape.com (mow-d07.webmail.aol.com [205.188.138.71]) by air-id09.mx.aol.com (v84.14) with ESMTP id MAILINID92-0429183921; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:39:21 -0400 Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:40:44 -0400 From: Alterian@aol.com To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: RE: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Message-ID: <4D109F2C.116CB7A6.006DFF10@aol.com> X-Mailer: Atlas Mailer 2.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Alterian@aol.com End of the tour is a good one... Fingertips "Darkened Corridors" strikes me as a good one to.. or... of course... there's always..ya know.. "Dead" ~^v^~Amber the Transcendent~^v^~ From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mon Apr 29 20:18:04 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g3U0I4U51170 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:18:04 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from m10.jersey.juno.com (m10.jersey.juno.com [64.136.22.73]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g3U0I3J51161 for ; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:18:03 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from mdance1124@juno.com) Received: from cookie.juno.com by cookie.juno.com for <"sHD0kMZ5qZIGkPeEhnD8XPC2fTW12URTtz+3dPJmjqdiPXLoX3nnCA=="> Received: (from mdance1124@juno.com) by m10.jersey.juno.com (jqueuemail) id GZLSVBVD; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:17:17 EDT To: hypertext_eye@yahoo.com Cc: karinh@sterl.com, Furfr@aol.com, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:53:46 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: [experimental]Next Week-NYC-HEADSET SEXTET Message-ID: <20020429.203328.-231741.1.mdance1124@juno.com> X-Mailer: Juno 5.0.33 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 0,4,6-8,10-30 From: Miranda Phifer Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Miranda Phifer That's the exact song I would pick....The End Of The Tour.... It's funny...I was just thinkin the other day how I want a tmbg quote on my grave stone...and I was thinkin maybe "The engagements are booked through the end of the world, so we'll meet at the end of the tour"...haha, I think too much =) That's a hard question though...I have to say that I like every single tmbg song I've ever heard (so far =) *Miranda On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:41:44 -0700 (PDT) John David Crafton writes: > > --- Karin Highfield wrote: > > If you were given the death penalty, which TMBG song > > would you want to hear as your last song on earth, > > as you were lying there waiting for the IV to do its > > deadly work? > > i can't believe no one has said this. > > The End of the Tour > > 'nuff said. > > -- > John David Crafton > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness > http://health.yahoo.com > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mon Apr 29 22:21:59 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g3U2LxG54409 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:21:59 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from c011.snv.cp.net (h006.c011.snv.cp.net [209.228.34.219]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with SMTP id g3U2LwJ54401 for ; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:21:58 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from bryce@tmbg.org) Received: (cpmta 7239 invoked from network); 29 Apr 2002 19:21:51 -0700 Received: from 208.22.73.21 (HELO mail.visualnetworks.com) by smtp.namezero.com (209.228.34.219) with SMTP; 29 Apr 2002 19:21:51 -0700 X-Sent: 30 Apr 2002 02:21:51 GMT Message-ID: <02f501c1efee$119cfb00$b31510ac@visualnetworks.com> From: "Bryce" To: Received: from no.name.available by mail.visualnetworks.com via smtpd (for namezero.com.criticalpath.net [209.229.62.48]) with SMTP; 30 Apr 2002 02:21:51 UT Subject: TMBG: Unnh, where list go? Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:23:50 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Bryce" Hey, my email was out for a few days, and now it's back but I think I was booted from the list in the meanwhile. However, it doesn't look like I missed anything; the archive shows no activity for like a week, until today. Is that right? If so, there's a great Flans interview here: http://www.culturedose.com/ Also note that Dial-a-Song now features "Words Are Like" (with Laura Cantrell) which was released on TMBG UnLtd, and also a hilarious political-mudslinging-style "advertisement" by John Hodgman of McSweeney's fame. Bryce It's good to be back. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Apr 30 00:20:13 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g3U4KD457320 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 30 Apr 2002 00:20:13 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f239.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.239]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g3U4KDJ57312 for ; Tue, 30 Apr 2002 00:20:13 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:20:07 -0700 Received: from 67.242.15.246 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Tue, 30 Apr 2002 04:20:07 GMT X-Originating-IP: [67.242.15.246] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Unnh, where list go? Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 04:20:07 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 30 Apr 2002 04:20:07.0753 (UTC) FILETIME=[4F7EDB90:01C1EFFE] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Bryce: >Hey, my email was out for a few days, and now it's back but I think I was >booted from the list in the meanwhile. That's happened to me at times, even when my e-mail was working. It hasn't happened recently, though, thankfully. >However, it doesn't look like I missed >anything; the archive shows no activity for like a week, until today. Is >that >right? > >If so, there's a great Flans interview here: >http://www.culturedose.com/ Actually, that interview was mentioned by the interviewer herself. I'm not sure why you missed it. Aside from that, all that's been going on recently is a pointless argument about whether Joshua Fried should be allowed to post announcements to the list. >Also note that Dial-a-Song now features "Words Are Like" (with Laura >Cantrell) >which was released on TMBG UnLtd, and also a hilarious >political-mudslinging-style "advertisement" by John Hodgman of McSweeney's >fame. Laura Cantrell sings on "Words Are Like"? How did you find this out? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #52-22 ******************************