Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #52-5 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 52, Number 5 Friday, 5 April 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: It's April 2nd... RE: TMBG: It's April 2nd... TMBG: Mink Factory Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <20020404185731.4410.qmail@web11407.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:57:31 -0800 (PST) From: John David Crafton Subject: Re: TMBG: It's April 2nd... While i don't know about Linnell, i'm fairly sure Flansburgh does on ocassion. i showed up extremely early before one of the recent Baton Rouge shows, and after the soundcheck most of them when straight back to their tour bus, with the exception of Flans. He hung out in the theatre for a while and when he finally came out his eyes were red and the smell of pot smoke followed him out. Though that doesn't really prove anything... -- John David Crafton --- Mitch Harding wrote: > Oh, and > actually, had anyone heard that they smoked pot? I > heard a story that > someone met Linnell after a show and he offered them > a joint. Has anyone > else seen that? > > Mitch > __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax http://taxes.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: It's April 2nd... Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:10:00 -0500 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Naaah, doesn't mean a thing. Probly what happened was he was minding his own business in the theater, and a gang of hooligans accosted him, blowing pot smoke at him and mocking & jeering til they made him cry... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: TMBG: It's April 2nd... Author: "John David Crafton" Date: 04/04/02 1:57 PM While i don't know about Linnell, i'm fairly sure Flansburgh does on ocassion. i showed up extremely early before one of the recent Baton Rouge shows, and after the soundcheck most of them when straight back to their tour bus, with the exception of Flans. He hung out in the theatre for a while and when he finally came out his eyes were red and the smell of pot smoke followed him out. Though that doesn't really prove anything... -- John David Crafton --- Mitch Harding wrote: > Oh, and > actually, had anyone heard that they smoked pot? I > heard a story that > someone met Linnell after a show and he offered them > a joint. Has anyone > else seen that? > > Mitch > __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax http://taxes.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000901c1dc3d$457b2a60$b000a8c0@attbi.com> From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Mink Factory Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:00:21 -0800 As I was driving home from work blasting a little 'John Henry' for all to hear I had a thought. They need to make another album like this. For many reasons. One it is friggin awesome and some of they's best work. I was thinking Mink Car is alot like Factory Showroom. both good albums but lacking in areas creating itself to be considered not so great and not one of the favorite albums of the bulk of the fans. I wonder if they can ever recapture the essence that is John Henry? The next studio album has potentiel to be amazing with the likes of Thunderbird and No Answer. these songs could really rock with that half cup of John Henryness. some fat to chew on. Erich ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #52-5 *****************************