Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #52-6 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 52, Number 6 Saturday, 6 April 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory RE: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory RE: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Fw: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory RE: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory RE: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory (none) TMBG: Queen Mother and favorite albums... was: Mink Factory TMBG: Just thought you might like to know Re: NON-TMBG: Leffel? Re: NON-TMBG: Leffel? Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 07:15:02 -0800 From: "Pzickler" Subject: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory > >From: "Erich Cannon" >Subject: TMBG: Mink Factory >Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:00:21 -0800 > >As I was driving home from work blasting a little 'John Henry' for all to >hear I had a thought. They need to make another album like this. For many >reasons. One it is friggin awesome and some of they's best work. I was >thinking Mink Car is alot like Factory Showroom. both good albums but >lacking in areas creating itself to be considered not so great and not one >of the favorite albums of the bulk of the fans. I wonder if they can ever >recapture the essence that is John Henry? The next studio album has >potentiel to be amazing with the likes of Thunderbird and No Answer. these >songs could really rock with that half cup of John Henryness. > >some fat to chew on. > >Erich > I still find it fascinating that there are fans who look back so fondly at John Henry, as if it were this classic, universally beloved album. Maybe y'all are younger than I am, but the way I remember it, people HATED John Henry when it came out. I was once ridiculed at a party as "that guy who thinks John Henry is TMBG's best album" (which wasn't true, they had me mixed up with someone else, but still....). Just goes to show that time wounds all heels I suppose. I still listen to Lincoln more than anything. PZ ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:31:30 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Hey, I think Factory Showroom is their best album (does anyone agree?) John Henry is my second favorite. I'd have to say that Mink Car probably comes in third even though style wise it's all over the map. Next is Apollo, then Flood, then Lincoln, then the Pink Album, and lastly (even though it's got Dr.Worm on it) I would have to be STD, though I'm not crazy about any of the songs on the kids CD. ------------------------------ From: "Lee Steel" Subject: RE: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:37:09 -0500 Message-ID: <005201c1dcb7$c04be610$6401a8c0@leesteel> The Pink Album and Lincoln will always be masterpieces as far as I am concerned. -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of Gegatron@aol.com Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 10:32 AM To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Hey, I think Factory Showroom is their best album (does anyone agree?) John Henry is my second favorite. I'd have to say that Mink Car probably comes in third even though style wise it's all over the map. Next is Apollo, then Flood, then Lincoln, then the Pink Album, and lastly (even though it's got Dr.Worm on it) I would have to be STD, though I'm not crazy about any of the songs on the kids CD. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 16:45:05 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: RE: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory So, how do you have the songs on the kids CD?! By the way don't children hate being called kids? They're not animals. Or maybe that's a UK thing. Incidently, I'd be interested in how the death of the Queen Mother is being reported in the USA, if at all! Richard >>> "Lee Steel" 05/04/02 16:37:09 >>> The Pink Album and Lincoln will always be masterpieces as far as I am concerned. -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of Gegatron@aol.com Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 10:32 AM To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Hey, I think Factory Showroom is their best album (does anyone agree?) John Henry is my second favorite. I'd have to say that Mink Car probably comes in third even though style wise it's all over the map. Next is Apollo, then Flood, then Lincoln, then the Pink Album, and lastly (even though it's got Dr.Worm on it) I would have to be STD, though I'm not crazy about any of the songs on the kids CD. ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001301c1dcbe$2f11d7c0$b31510ac@visualnetworks.com> From: "Bryce" Subject: Fw: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:23:12 -0500 Richard Hilton : > So, how do you have the songs on the kids CD?! All but two were released on EMusic, either as free downloads :-), through TMBG Unlimited :-|, or both. :-/ > By the way don't children hate being called kids? > They're not animals. Or maybe that's a UK thing. I think it is; in the US kids don't really mind at all. > Incidently, I'd be interested in how the death of the > Queen Mother is being reported in the USA, if at all! I heard from a friend, I didn't see it on the news at all. However, I mostly get my news from the Daily Show, and I don't catch it very regularly, so there's that. Bryce ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 16:37:55 +0000 Message-ID: Pzickler: >>From: "Erich Cannon" >>Subject: TMBG: Mink Factory >>Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:00:21 -0800 >> >>As I was driving home from work blasting a little 'John Henry' for all to >>hear I had a thought. They need to make another album like this. For many >>reasons. One it is friggin awesome and some of they's best work. I was >>thinking Mink Car is alot like Factory Showroom. both good albums but >>lacking in areas creating itself to be considered not so great and not one >>of the favorite albums of the bulk of the fans. So they're similar because neither one is that great? I really don't see that as a similarity. >I still find it fascinating that there are fans who look back so >fondly at John Henry, as if it were this classic, universally beloved >album. Who said it was? It's the favorite album of a lot of people, and the least favorite of others. It's all a matter of taste. >Maybe y'all are younger than I am, but the way I remember it, >people HATED John Henry when it came out. Maybe that was the majority opinion, but I hardly think you can just say "people HATED John Henry," like that's any more of a universal truth than saying John Henry s a "classic, universally beloved album" today. Gegatron: >Hey, I think Factory Showroom is their best album (does anyone agree?) John >Henry is my second favorite. I'd have to say that Mink Car probably comes >in >third even though style wise it's all over the map. First of all, is that a bad thing? Second, isn't that typical for TMBG albums? Mink Car is probably my least favorite TMBG album (aside from Severe Tire Damage, which sort of doesn't count), but I don't think it's because it's "all over the map"; I don't think it's any more so than most of TMBG's other work. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com ------------------------------ Subject: Re:RE: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:40:00 -0500 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Richard sez: >By the way don't children hate >being called kids? They're not animals. Or maybe that's a UK thing. And >Incidently, I'd be interested in how the death of the Queen Mother is >being reported in the USA, if at all! A) Kids around here don't really make the connection between the word "kid" and baby goats. Maybe cause there arent many baby goats around here, i don't know. I always found that the word "kid" was okay, since it meant you weren't in trouble.. As soon as an adult uses the word "children", you know they're serious. Kids = "Have fun, kids!" Children = "Sir down, children, we need to talk" B) The Queen Mum was covered extensively in the NY metro & suburban area, papers & news shows gave her top billing, as it were. At least, as much as they could spare from Israeli/Palestinian bloodshed & pederastic (is that a word? it should be) Priests. I have a feeling Time & Newsweek will be right on top of it too, & probably Biography on A&E. Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <12f.f50a92b.29df4a08@aol.com> Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:42:16 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory In a message dated 4/5/02 10:19:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, PZ writes: > I was once ridiculed at a > party as "that guy who thinks John Henry is TMBG's best album" That's the absolute worst crowd to fall into. Even worse than worm doctors. DRW [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] >>I was once ridiculed at a party as "that guy who thinks John Henry is TMBG's best album" (which wasn't true, they had me mixed up with someone else, but still....). Uh...was this like an all-tmbg fans party or something? Hey, as long as we're talking about albums everybody hates, just out of curiosity, does everybody hate STD? Aside from Dr. Worm. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 5 14:27:37 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g35JRbE22783 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:27:37 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-r04.mx.aol.com (imo-r04.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.100]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g35JRaJ22775 for ; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:27:36 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from Furfr@aol.com) Received: from Furfr@aol.com by imo-r04.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v32.5.) id i.153.bc9081c (15898) for ; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:27:19 -0500 (EST) Received: from netscape.com (mow-m04.webmail.aol.com [64.12.184.132]) by air-id09.mx.aol.com (v84.14) with ESMTP id MAILINID91-0405142719; Fri, 05 Apr 2002 14:27:19 -0500 Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 14:27:19 -0500 From: Furfr@aol.com To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: Re: RE: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Message-ID: <23135F93.49DFA0B8.0000F199@aol.com> X-Mailer: Atlas Mailer 2.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Furfr@aol.com >>By the way don't children hate being called kids? They're not animals. Or maybe that's a UK thing. It's a UK thing. "Children" has that formal, Mary Poppins air to it. "Kids" has that nickelodeon after-school elite-club feel. I don't think goats even enter the picture. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 5 14:31:45 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g35JVj322982 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:31:45 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from sm11.texas.rr.com (sm11.texas.rr.com [24.93.35.42]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g35JViJ22974 for ; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:31:44 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from rabidchild@tmbg.org) Received: from neuromancer.tmbg.org (cs6668114-56.austin.rr.com [66.68.114.56]) by sm11.texas.rr.com (8.12.1/8.12.0) with ESMTP id g35JQxKX011792 for ; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:27:01 -0600 Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:27:01 -0600 From: rabidchild@tmbg.org Message-Id: <200204051927.g35JQxKX011792@sm11.texas.rr.com> Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: rabidchild@tmbg.org Organization=Chelsea Enterprises Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20020405132137.00a7b8a0@pop-server.austin.rr.com> X-Sender: rabidchild@pop-server.austin.rr.com X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Version 5.1 Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 13:31:40 -0600 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: paul swan Subject: Mink Factory Henry In-Reply-To: <36D4FEFA.7E04965C.0000F199@aol.com> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed It's been SOOOOO long since I posted to this list, wow. anyway, I would say that Factory Showroom is probably my favorite TMBG album. It took a while to grow on me, but I really started liking songs like Pet Name and the rest of that album is some quality work. That said, I've always wondered why people either don't like JH or say that it is their least favorite album. I can't think of any other album by TMBG that I've liked as much from the very first listen as that one. Maybe it is just because I knew half the songs before it came out from Dial A Song, and it was good to finally hear them in good clean versions. It's the first album recorded with the band, but they had had guest players/singers on every album prior to that one, so it wasn't a totally new concept to have other people playing with them. Factory Showroom got complaints for only having 13 songs, which is def. not the case with JH, which has more than any of the other real albums. On top of all that, the songs on John Henry are top notch, Destination Moon, Nyquil Driver, Self Called Nowhere, John Henry is a GREAT album. scares me to think I was on this list when that album came out almost 8 years ago.. Paul Swan the one and only rabidchild@tmbg.org From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 5 15:54:54 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g35Kss325683 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:54:54 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail.thespeakeasy.com (www.thespeakeasy.com [206.126.35.213]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g35KsrJ25675 for ; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:54:53 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from augiewan@thespeakeasy.com) Received: from hardcore [12.23.180.179] by mail.thespeakeasy.com (SMTPD32-6.00) id AC40ED98014C; Fri, 05 Apr 2002 14:42:40 -0600 From: "augiewan" To: Subject: TMBG: Queen Mother and favorite albums... was: Mink Factory Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 16:13:59 -0500 Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 (Normal) X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook IMO, Build 9.0.2416 (9.0.2910.0) Importance: Normal In-Reply-To: X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4910.0300 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "augiewan" Her death has been reported on, but the Israel/Palestine conflict has consumed most of the news air-time recently... As for Albums, John Henry will always be one of my favorites... I could never really put a list from favorite down, because I could never bear to classify any single TMBG album as my least favorite... :) Augie "even loves listening to the Sweeny's soundtrack while drawing" Wan -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of Richard Hilton Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 10:45 AM To: lees@megahits.com; tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: RE: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory So, how do you have the songs on the kids CD?! By the way don't children hate being called kids? They're not animals. Or maybe that's a UK thing. Incidently, I'd be interested in how the death of the Queen Mother is being reported in the USA, if at all! Richard >>> "Lee Steel" 05/04/02 16:37:09 >>> The Pink Album and Lincoln will always be masterpieces as far as I am concerned. -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of Gegatron@aol.com Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 10:32 AM To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Hey, I think Factory Showroom is their best album (does anyone agree?) John Henry is my second favorite. I'd have to say that Mink Car probably comes in third even though style wise it's all over the map. Next is Apollo, then Flood, then Lincoln, then the Pink Album, and lastly (even though it's got Dr.Worm on it) I would have to be STD, though I'm not crazy about any of the songs on the kids CD. ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Apr 5 15:55:28 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g35KtSl25758 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:55:28 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-m09.mx.aol.com (imo-m09.mx.aol.com [64.12.136.164]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g35KtRJ25750 for ; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:55:27 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from Pahteeh@aol.com) Received: from Pahteeh@aol.com by imo-m09.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v32.5.) id i.104.13a757d5 (15877) for ; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 15:55:03 -0500 (EST) Received: from netscape.com (mow-m30.webmail.aol.com [64.12.137.7]) by air-id07.mx.aol.com (v84.14) with ESMTP id MAILINID74-0405155503; Fri, 05 Apr 2002 15:55:03 -0500 Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 15:55:02 -0500 From: Pahteeh@aol.com To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Just thought you might like to know Message-ID: <273DFD05.6B1AA30B.0018F5AF@aol.com> X-Mailer: Atlas Mailer 2.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Pahteeh@aol.com Maybe this has already been said, but I was recently surfing the web and I typed in "John Linnell" on google and I found out that there was a landscape/portraitpainter named John Linnell who according to this little biography I just read, was a close friend to William Blake and became father in law to Samuel Palmer. And three of his sons also became painters.. Hmm..totally useless information.. but i just found it interesting. ok bye now back to lurking From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Apr 6 00:49:25 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g365nPb38979 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 6 Apr 2002 00:49:25 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f99.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.99]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g365nOJ38971 for ; Sat, 6 Apr 2002 00:49:24 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:49:19 -0800 Received: from 67.242.15.220 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Sat, 06 Apr 2002 05:49:18 GMT X-Originating-IP: [67.242.15.220] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Leffel? Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 05:49:18 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Apr 2002 05:49:19.0222 (UTC) FILETIME=[CB4E3960:01C1DD2E] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Nicholas Wolf: >So - uhm - anyone else notice that Mike's Fat Jesus comic suddenly >disappeared? Anyone know what happened to it? If you're talking about the Pigsnail thing, that's an April Fool's joke. If you went to the site and there was absolutely nothing there, that happens on occasion. I don't think Keenspot is a very reliable server. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Apr 6 00:52:07 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g365q7i39105 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 6 Apr 2002 00:52:07 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f99.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.99]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g365q7J39097 for ; Sat, 6 Apr 2002 00:52:07 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:52:01 -0800 Received: from 67.242.15.220 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Sat, 06 Apr 2002 05:52:01 GMT X-Originating-IP: [67.242.15.220] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Leffel? Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 05:52:01 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Apr 2002 05:52:01.0863 (UTC) FILETIME=[2C3F4570:01C1DD2F] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Nicholas Wolf: >So - uhm - anyone else notice that Mike's Fat Jesus comic suddenly >disappeared? Anyone know what happened to it? If you're talking about the Pigsnail thing, that's an April Fool's joke. If you went to the site and there was absolutely nothing there, that happens on occasion. I don't think Keenspot is a very reliable server. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Apr 6 01:39:56 2002 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) id g366duM39939 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 6 Apr 2002 01:39:56 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f223.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.223]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.11.1/8.11.1) with ESMTP id g366duJ39931 for ; Sat, 6 Apr 2002 01:39:56 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Fri, 5 Apr 2002 22:39:50 -0800 Received: from 67.242.15.220 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Sat, 06 Apr 2002 06:39:50 GMT X-Originating-IP: [67.242.15.220] From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Mink Factory Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 06:39:50 +0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Apr 2002 06:39:50.0423 (UTC) FILETIME=[DA0ACA70:01C1DD35] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" I know I already replied to this, but I was pressed for time when writing my reply, and I have some more to say. Pzickler: >I still find it fascinating that there are fans who look back so >fondly at John Henry, as if it were this classic, universally beloved >album. Maybe y'all are younger than I am, but the way I remember it, >people HATED John Henry when it came out. I was once ridiculed at a >party as "that guy who thinks John Henry is TMBG's best album" (which >wasn't true, they had me mixed up with someone else, but still....). >Just goes to show that time wounds all heels I suppose. While I'll agree with the people who said that must have been one odd party, I see some point to what you said. I've heard that John Henry was pretty widely disliked when it came out. I was hoping to find some list posts from then, so I could see what people said about it, but the list archives don't go back that far. Even now, John Henry seems to be an album that many TMBG fans either love or hate. It's quite a bit different from any of the earlier TMBG albums. Today, with two more albums plus some other stuff having been released since JH, we can see it as a part of TMBG's evolution (regardless of whether it's a good or a bad part), but such was not really the case at the time. Besides, people who originally disliked it might well have grown to love it over time. While it can be interesting (and amusing) to see how people's opinions evolve, and what new fans think of the back catalog, it's hardly fair to say that JH can't be a "classic" TMBG album because your friends didn't like it when it first came out. >I still listen to Lincoln more than anything. That's my favorite TMBG album as well, although JH might be second. (It varies a lot.) -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #52-6 *****************************