Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #53-12 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 53, Number 12 Tuesday, 14 May 2002 Today's Topics: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Re: TMBG: Re: Spam about five-dollar bills, twenties, etc TMBG: tmbg.net Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "L Holstein" Subject: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 22:50:15 +1000 Message-ID: Ok, before I start, I want to say that I looked in the FAQ and couldn't find any answers... (to this question!!) OK, So, I've just stumbled across Tenacious D. They're cool... But I'm sure I've heard them mentioned in conection to TMBG. Is this likely... and if so whats the deal?? Lyndy ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:07:39 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D I've never heard of any associations between TMBG and Tenacious D, except that I know a few people who are fans of both. Aside from the fact that both bands are based on two guys who take their music seriously yet use a humorous approach, I don't think they're very similar at all. I think Tenacious D is a lot more over-the-top than TMBG are. Kay ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:28:10 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Message-ID: <20020513.112813.-494311.0.mdance1124@juno.com> From: Miranda Phifer yea...same here...i kno a couple people who like both, but they aren't really associated together...at least not that i kno of =) Miranda On Mon, 13 May 2002 10:07:39 EDT Kaylum@aol.com writes: > I've never heard of any associations between TMBG and Tenacious D, > except > that I know a few people who are fans of both. Aside from the fact > that both > bands are based on two guys who take their music seriously yet use a > humorous > approach, I don't think they're very similar at all. I think > Tenacious D is > a lot more over-the-top than TMBG are. > > Kay > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:11:43 -0400 From: mwmiller@columbus.rr.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Spam about five-dollar bills, twenties, etc Message-ID: <20020513211143.GA30310@columbus.rr.com> On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 09:09:26PM -0400, BirdhouseIYS@aol.com wrote: > mwmiller@columbus.rr.com writes: > > Drat. When I saw the subject line I thought it would talk about gag > > money with John & John on them. > Since you brought it up and I have too much free time. Check this out: > http://www.angelfire.com/or2/birdhouseiys/tmbgmoney/ Nice! -- Matthew W. Miller -- mwmiller@columbus.rr.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:57:47 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: TMBG: tmbg.net Message-ID: Although it might be down for some of you for a little bit, TMBG.net has been physically moved once again and in the new location there should be a noticable improvement in performance... So hopefully things will be faster now... and it has been recently updated and fun things are on the horizon. I want to thank Bryce and Rachel so much for the help they have given me and continue to give me... and I thanked Flans for the setlists at the Gigantic showing here ;) funfunfun Josh -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:04:36 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Message-ID: <20020513.170437.-1941899.0.Garrett27@juno.com> From: garrett27@juno.com Did you go to the TMBG show at the Wiltern this year by chance? Because Tenacious D was written on the marquee next to They Might Be Giants because they were going to be playing there like the week after. *shrug* I think that's when I first really heard of Tenacious D, at that TMBG concert. They were the only two names on the marquee I believe. Garrett ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #53-12 ******************************