Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #53-13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 53, Number 13 Wednesday, 15 May 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D RE: TMBG: TENACIOUS D TMBG: mid malcolm dle RE: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D RE: TMBG: mid malcolm dle Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Re: TMBG: mid malcolm dle TMBG: Another minor TMBG name drop Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3CE12835.000001.02862@guysmiley.blarg.net> Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:07:33 -0700 (PDT) From: "Lani O." Subject: Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Jack Black of Tenacious D was in the movie Demolition Man with Sylvester Stallone, who was in Dolan's Cadillac with Kevin Bacon, who was in My Dog Skip with Frankie Muniz, who is Malcolm in the Middle which has a cool theme song. I'm sure there's an easier way, but I had to get Kevin Bacon in there somewhere. ;) And now back to lurking, Lani O. garrett27@juno.com wrote: > > Did you go to the TMBG show at the Wiltern this year by chance? Because > Tenacious D was written on the marquee next to They Might Be Giants > because they were going to be playing there like the week after. *shrug* > I think that's when I first really heard of Tenacious D, at that TMBG > concert. They were the only two names on the marquee I believe. > > > Garrett > > ________________________________________________________________ > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! > Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! > Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/. ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <169.d996de4.2a128357@aol.com> Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:12:23 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D In a message dated 5/14/2002 11:11:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lanio@tmbg.org writes: > Jack Black of Tenacious D was in the movie Demolition Man with Sylvester > Stallone, who was in Dolan's Cadillac with Kevin Bacon, who was in My > Dog Skip with Frankie Muniz, who is Malcolm in the Middle which has a > cool theme song. > Very good! Except they aren't playing "Boss of Me" at the beginning of Malcolm anymore :( Kay [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20020514101652.00a71868@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:19:45 -0500 From: paul swan Subject: TMBG: mid malcolm dle [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:22:20 -0400 From: Fishandoranges@aol.com Subject: Re: RE: TMBG: TENACIOUS D Message-ID: <67B3C18C.6A449A86.76CCBD70@aol.com> yeah...they're just doing the part where flans goes "life is unfair" at the end...no more boss of me.... :( and they just won a grammy for it, too! i wonder what their reasons were. jessie ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:21:06 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D They are still playing "BOM" in the UK - but I expect we are several series behind you lot. Last night was the episode with the bats in the house and the robbery at the store the wife works at. Richard >>> 14/05/02 16:12:23 >>> In a message dated 5/14/2002 11:11:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lanio@tmbg.org writes: > Jack Black of Tenacious D was in the movie Demolition Man with Sylvester > Stallone, who was in Dolan's Cadillac with Kevin Bacon, who was in My > Dog Skip with Frankie Muniz, who is Malcolm in the Middle which has a > cool theme song. > Very good! Except they aren't playing "Boss of Me" at the beginning of Malcolm anymore :( Kay ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit: http://www.star.net.uk ________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Subject: RE: TMBG: mid malcolm dle Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:38:43 -0400 Message-ID: From: "Karin Highfield" Yeah, now that you mention it... I'm such an American Sheep that the decapitating of the theme song went noticed but unremarked. I thought that the song was to be jettisoned entirely. ::sigh of relief:: What's even better is when, the instant the closing credits start rolling, they shrink the screen down to about 1/8 and speed up the tape while they show clips of what's coming on next and a big loud announcers voice announces what the screen is already showing. That way you miss the closing credits, the closing credits music, and any little snippets of show that play under or between the closing credits, usually the punchline of the whole show or movie. I think that's a great summation of American culture in general: What's coming next is more important than what's happening now. That'll make a great epitaph someday, huh?? Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** -----Original Message----- From: paul swan [mailto:rabidchild@tmbg.org] Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 11:20 AM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: mid malcolm dle the powers that be over there in TV world seem to have decided that they can sell more advertising if instead of playing a full tv theme song, they only play a tiny bit of it. Last couple of weeks at least that I've seen they just play the VERY end of the song ("life is unfair....") and then cut to ads. Same is true of the Simpsons, where they are showing the short usually used on syndicated episodes verison of the opening, instead of the full one that used to be used on the new broadcasts. aren't ya glad you get to pay for all that advertising? Nothing like being a product. Paul Swan rabidchild@tmbg.org They WHAT ???!!!??? Very good! Except they aren't playing "Boss of Me" at the beginning of Malcolm anymore :( [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 12:18:39 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: mid malcolm dle Message-ID: <20020514.124007.-844695.5.mdance1124@juno.com> From: Miranda Phifer uh boy, i hear ya!!! *I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness starving hysterical... Miranda On Tue, 14 May 2002 11:38:43 -0400 "Karin Highfield" writes: Yeah, now that you mention it... I'm such an American Sheep that the decapitating of the theme song went noticed but unremarked. I thought that the song was to be jettisoned entirely. ::sigh of relief:: What's even better is when, the instant the closing credits start rolling, they shrink the screen down to about 1/8 and speed up the tape while they show clips of what's coming on next and a big loud announcers voice announces what the screen is already showing. That way you miss the closing credits, the closing credits music, and any little snippets of show that play under or between the closing credits, usually the punchline of the whole show or movie. I think that's a great summation of American culture in general: What's coming next is more important than what's happening now. That'll make a great epitaph someday, huh?? Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** -----Original Message----- From: paul swan [mailto:rabidchild@tmbg.org] Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 11:20 AM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: mid malcolm dle the powers that be over there in TV world seem to have decided that they can sell more advertising if instead of playing a full tv theme song, they only play a tiny bit of it. Last couple of weeks at least that I've seen they just play the VERY end of the song ("life is unfair....") and then cut to ads. Same is true of the Simpsons, where they are showing the short usually used on syndicated episodes verison of the opening, instead of the full one that used to be used on the new broadcasts. aren't ya glad you get to pay for all that advertising? Nothing like being a product. Paul Swan rabidchild@tmbg.org They WHAT ???!!!??? Very good! Except they aren't playing "Boss of Me" at the beginning of Malcolm anymore :( [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.20020514162540.00a189c0@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 16:25:40 -0400 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: TMBG: Another minor TMBG name drop Most people already know about John Buccigross (of ESPN's NHL2Nite fame) schtick of saying "What [name of random band's frontman] is to [random band], [hockey player is to [hockey team]." And he's already used John Flansburg, so, this (from his latest column on ESPN.com [ http://msn.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2002/columns/buccigross_john/1381806.html ] should come as no surprise: John, I play on an all girls' team and on behalf of all of us we would like to say...WE LOVE YOU JOHN!! You are sooo hot! We get together all the time and watch you. We were wondering if you could tell is a little bit more about yourself? Tahnee McNally Florida Stats: 6-4, 190, 32" waist, hat size 7 7/8", Aquarius, lob wedge owner. Likes: "88 lines about 44 women" by The Nails, "James K. Polk" by They Might Be Giants, Pringles, Tenacious D, Starbursts, mozzarella sticks and when Jim Carey sticks his fingers up the cow's nose in "Me, Myself and Irene." Dislikes: Two-line offside, Radek Bonk's apathy, Gloria Estefan's music, when NHL players verbally abuse linesmen, and Michel Therrien's Monday Night Football jacket he wore during Game 4 against Carolina. Motto: "I'm road tripping to Florida with Gisele Bundchen and Andy Van Hellemond to find Tahnee McNally and her hockey friends to discuss The Osbournes, Tie Domi doing Riverdance and why the Pentagon hasn't proposed using Kerry Fraser's hair as a missile defense system." -- "I was young and foolish then. I feel old and foolish now." -They Might Be Giants Jeff Roberts President of Foolish Mortal Enterprises ------------------------------ From: Fishandoranges@aol.com Message-ID: <32.26eb0830.2a12d73d@aol.com> Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 17:10:21 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TENACIOUS D In a message dated 5/14/02 11:25:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, RHILTON@bitc.org.uk writes: > They are still playing "BOM" in the UK - but I expect we are several series > behind you lot. Last night was the episode with the bats in the house and > the robbery at the store the wife works at. > Richard yeah, i remember that episode. that was a few months ago. jessie. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #53-13 ******************************