Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #53-20 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 53, Number 20 Monday, 27 May 2002 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Fwd: Vanderbilt show: review and set list Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Jennifer Russell-Fenus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fwd: Vanderbilt show: review and set list Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 11:35:42 -0600 Message-ID: I wasn't there, but I have friends who were and you should have stayed for Howard. He is doing amazing things these days. He was doing this tour in the UK last fall where he was making Official Bootlegs of each gig and selling them afterwards. When the tour was over, an Official release was made of all the best songs from each gig and sold through his own label, dTox, on his website (http://www.howardjones.com). His shows are always fantastic (I have been to 15, with my first one in 1989, even though I have been listening to his music since 1984). What song of his did you download? Some of his latest songs are more techno, which I am not a big fan of, but to each his own. He has also been doing a lot of work with other artists, including Duncan Sheik, Coolio, Nathalie Archangel, Jane Wiedlin (Go-Go's), Stuart Copeland, and a woman named Juliane Werding from Germany (relatively unknown here in the states). Last summer he was part of the Ringo Starr All Starr Band, which I traveled to Denver to see (no gigs in SLC). If you get the chance to see Howard play live in your town (or somewhere nearby), go see him. He will also generally come out after the show for a meet & greet and sign autographs. He is a very cool person, as are TMBG if you get the chance to meet them. They are a little more elusive (especially Linnell) because most of the time,it seems, They leave right after the gig, because they are on tight schedules to get to the next city. >From: Fishandoranges@aol.com >Reply-To: Fishandoranges@aol.com >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Fwd: Vanderbilt show: review and set list >Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 22:11:19 EDT > >did you stay for howard jones? my friends and i left after they might be >giants. how was he? i downloaded a song, and didn't like it too much. it's >pretty funny to think that there were a lot of howard jones fans there, >because i was completely surrounded by people there only for the tmbg. did >anyone else on this list go last night? besides the people who've already >said so... > >jessie. > > _________________________________________________________________ Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #53-20 ******************************